Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

~ªêQµïTª$~'s "little" Problem... PLZ HELP!!

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever said bananas are bad is probably one of those guys who eliminates almost all carbs when he starts cutting.

Look, just because you are cutting doesn't mean you have to completly eliminate everything, it just means you have to take in smaller amounts. Your body needs carbs, it's a source of energy.

The shake I mentioned is your post workout shake, the most important one besides the morning shake.

The purpose of the banana in your shake is to spike your insulin up, so it can carry the protein nutrients in your muscles. Single banana has about 20 grams of carbs in it (less then 2 pieces of bread), most of it sugar based carbohydrates that get absorbed fast, and get used for energy right away - just what your body needs after a workout. You will not get fat from this.

Milk is fine, if you are cutting, use skim milk as opposed to 2%. Simple as that. The reason I like to use milk instead of water is because milk is a source of casein protein, which is absorbed at a slower rate then whey. This is how it all works out:

Bananas spike your insulin up and deliver whey straight to your muscles where it's needed for growth. Whey protein gets absorbed very quickly. Casein protein (from milk), get absorbed over the next hour or two. Then you have your post workout meal.

The banana/etc is for your post workout shake. Any other time however, feel free to take whey + cold water.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
w00t

ok kewl.... thanx.. will do..... :)

Laterz....

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lekka styles!

Originally posted by MindOverMatter
Whoever said bananas are bad is probably one of those guys who eliminates almost all carbs when he starts cutting.

Look, just because you are cutting doesn't mean you have to completly eliminate everything, it just means you have to take in smaller amounts. Your body needs carbs, it's a source of energy.

The shake I mentioned is your post workout shake, the most important one besides the morning shake.

The purpose of the banana in your shake is to spike your insulin up, so it can carry the protein nutrients in your muscles. Single banana has about 20 grams of carbs in it (less then 2 pieces of bread), most of it sugar based carbohydrates that get absorbed fast, and get used for energy right away - just what your body needs after a workout. You will not get fat from this.

Milk is fine, if you are cutting, use skim milk as opposed to 2%. Simple as that. The reason I like to use milk instead of water is because milk is a source of casein protein, which is absorbed at a slower rate then whey. This is how it all works out:

Bananas spike your insulin up and deliver whey straight to your muscles where it's needed for growth. Whey protein gets absorbed very quickly. Casein protein (from milk), get absorbed over the next hour or two. Then you have your post workout meal.

Any other however, feel free to take whey + cold water.
Shweet.. thanc for clearing that up for me.... I'm now ready to start becoming a machine;) THANX again;)

Laterz...

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when drinking lots of milk some people will get upset stomach. In fact I always do if i have a shake with milk before a workout. if you are looking for casein protein, cottage cheese would be a better choice.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but...

Originally posted by Centaurion
when drinking lots of milk some people will get upset stomach. In fact I always do if i have a shake with milk before a workout. if you are looking for casein protein, cottage cheese would be a better choice.

As far as i know, cottage cheese IS milk, just in the "solid" form... no?

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
~ªêQµïTª$~, make this easy on yourself and order a book from www.skinnyguy.net . I'm following the Fatloss plan and it's working. I can notice the fat around my stomach decrease, and I'm only in my second week. It also has a Muscle Gaining plan that I'm going on once I get my bf to 10%. A lot of people have gotten great results from this, you should try it out.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The banana/etc is for your post workout shake. Any other time however, feel free to take whey + cold water.
Exactly how I would do it. I guess we both needed to clear up what we meant. I wanted to make sure that if he's cutting to get abs, that he doesn't put a banana and milk in every single shake, because that's too many calories. IMO, if you have more than 8-12 oz of milk in a day while cutting, even skim, you're pushing it. Milk has carbs as well as the protein, and just is a waste of calories that you could use for some complex stuff like wheat, or more protein for your day.

However, the insulin spike postworkout is definitely a good idea and does increase the protein absorbtion. The milk also adds a better taste and consistency to the workout shake. But if he's throwin together 3-4 shakes a day, he doesn't want that stuff in all of them ;)