Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"What am i afraid of doing RIGHT NOW?"

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Becoming truly successful in the area of seduction requires one to cultivate the habit of courage. That much we know for certain. You won't get far with women if your knees start shaking the moment you think of approaching one.

But how do you develop that priceless habit? Just like any other: through repetition. "Fear is conquered through forced repetition of acts of courage." Read that quote again. Understanding of this principle is absolutely crucial.

It's so important that i edited it into my desktop wallpaper to ensure that i'm reminded of this fact many times throughout the day. Beside it is a question: "What am i afraid of doing RIGHT NOW?"

I ask myself that question every hour of every day and immediately force myself to do whatever it is i'm afraid of. The trick is being honest with myself about what i'm afraid of. Remember, there are many forms of fear. Procrastination is a very common one.

Believe it or not, you procrastinate because you're afraid. Of what? The effort. For example, say you need to make a phonecall, one you think may turn unpleasant. The task takes two minutes and yet it can easily take you two weeks to do if every day you tell yourself that you'll "do it tomorrow."

Eventually, you start to feel so bad about it that you give up and make the call. Five minutes later, you feel relieved... and a little surprised. "What the hell took me so long? This actually felt GOOD!" Conquer one small fear like that and then move on to another.

Give this a shot f and i guarantee that meeting chicks will become a whole lot easier. If you spent your entire day conquering your fears, when you finally see a girl you like in the evening, you'll instinctively approach her, without thinking. What's more, you'll be in a great mood because you've been kicking ass all day.

Try it and see!

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Visceral
Don't forget doubt.
Doubt, procrastination, laziness, worry, anxiety, uncertainty, indecision, etc. Fear has MANY faces.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jiza101
/books skydiving :wave:
Awesome, that's definitely on my list for the summer :) The point to keep in mind though, is that the great majority of our fears are small, day-to-day things that are brought on by destructive habits such as procrastination. For instance: vaccuming the carpet, fixing the squeaky chair, tuning the audio system, repairing a leaking faucet, going grocery shopping, buying light bulbs, painting a wall, taking out the trash, doing the laundry, etc. It is IMPOSSIBLE to feel confident and in control when you have a dozen of these annoying little chores in the back of your head. That's why the first assignment in a certain self-improvement workshop is to write down five things that should have been done a long time ago, and do them, right now.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a tip that so many have trouble following
-I like how you explained this

courage and fear play a big part in approaches

It's just like riding a rollercoaster for the first time.. at first you're scared and afterwards you can't wait to go on it again

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by defiancy
a tip that so many have trouble following
That's because it is the path to the mastery of self, which is possibly the hardest and the most rewarding thing any of us could ever achieve.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krassus
"Fear is conquered through forced repetition of acts of courage."
That's a great quote and it is so true. I'm gonna write it down and stick it on my wall. :)

Believe it or not, you procrastinate because you're afraid. Of what? The effort.
Wow. I've never thought about procrastination that way, but once again, it is so true. I always procrastinate and hate it, yet like that example you illustrated, as soon as I start something, like homework, I become completely focused and I don't want to stop until I'm done. And when I'm finished, it's so relieving and satisfying.

I realised a while ago that Fear is the only thing stopping anyone from doing whatever they want. I remember reading this quote somewhere: "Fear is the thief of dreams." Everytime you don't do something because of fear, that's one step farther away you are from your dreams.

I'm not going to let that happen anymore. I want my dreams to come true.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm afraid of dying...

I know it sounds like I'm mocking you, but I'm really just trying to set limits. What fears are healthy to conquer, and what fears are better left in place?

Maybe that's a stupid question, but I'm not afraid ;)

Izza

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Laziness

Laziness is also something I have to overcome. Something that helps me is asking myself, "Am I not doing something because I am lazy?" Usually the answer to that question gets my a-s-s in gear.

mcs

Don Juan
Reaction score
i found once that overcoming (some particular) fear starts with really microscopical steps. for example if I'm afraid to call then first thing i have to do is pick up the phone, or go to the phone. really, just take the phone in your hand. (that's not so bad?) then push only the first button... and the next one. one at the time. (at this moment don't think about the outcome.)

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will never regret going skydiving...loved every second of it. For u guys that are interested in doing it, it's a blast.