DJ occupations?

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok thought I'd start a new thread with a more recreational topic :)
What do you people on this board actually work with?
I don't really know what I wanna do in the future
I thought I'd start a caféchain like starbucks.. but here in sweden.. or work with economy or something.. not really sure
but what are your guys' occupations?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you'll find that the vast majority of the people on this board are students.

If you want to call a part-time job an occupation, then I'm a photographer at Glamour Shots (as of last week).

*edit: Forgot to add full-time college student.

Last edited:

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
student, studying computer engineering..

i do part time factory work (8 hour shift once a week), fulltime during the school breaks.

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a full-time carpenter, though my ultimate goal is to get back in school that I might escape such madness.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the life of a carpenter like in the 21st century?

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Engetsu
from all reports, in australia the life of ALL tradesmen is great. i can only assume its the same throughout the western world.

tradesmen = carpenter, plumber, electrictian etc..

due to the massive boom of home computers through the 90's and continuing today, so many kids are going into courses related to computers, IT, computer engineering, computer science etc..

thus there are less people going into the trades.

not to mention the pushing that the schools and government do with further education.

and the people being turned off by low wages for 4 years, but still having hardwork.

supposed to be some serious cash at there for hard working tradesmen.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by quest
from all reports, in australia the life of ALL tradesmen is great. i can only assume its the same throughout the western world.

tradesmen = carpenter, plumber, electrictian etc..

due to the massive boom of home computers through the 90's and continuing today, so many kids are going into courses related to computers, IT, computer engineering, computer science etc..

thus there are less people going into the trades.

not to mention the pushing that the schools and government do with further education.

and the people being turned off by low wages for 4 years, but still having hardwork.

supposed to be some serious cash at there for hard working tradesmen.
Utter tripe. My friend was a plumber and made $10 an hour until he was laid off. Now he recieves unemployment and lives in his girlfriend's house. All his friends (plumbers, except me) we also laid off.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@DrMetallica - No, quest actually hit the nail on the head.

Im a full time multi-discipline design student.

As with MetalFortress, the intention is to create my own ladder at some point...

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool metalfortress, i was also thinking getting into the business investment.. studying civil-economy or whatever you call it in the states, i was also thinking international economy

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Engetsu
Structures still need to be built by craftsmen, no matter how high tech everything else becomes.

Pay really depends on who you're working for. I'm still at a lower skill level, but I can usually take home about 3 grand a month, though granted, only if I work six or seven days a week. Skilled Union carpenters can make double that or more, along with full benefits and retirement at half pay.

Chances are, the typical Mexican on the street doesn't have a clue how to lay out a hip roof, so the trade remains specialized enough to resist subversion by cheap labor.

Additionally, starting one's own contracting firm can be a path to millions.

Last edited:

spukee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Graphic Design, or rather, trying to break into graphic design (which isn't easy, even with a BA and a good deal of experience :rolleyes: ).

Woo, I'll tell you what I'd rather be doing though is anything that would put me in direct contact with new people on a regular basis. I just have no clue what kind of job offers that little perk and pays more than $7.50/hr...

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerensky, cool job!

but i'm planning on starting a business with my brother. As well my dream aspiration is to be a music producer/composer AS WELL as a DJ. Guess DJ Tiesto will come to mind as the most common known type of that kind.

so yeah, that's my dream. in the mean time i do rave parties locally, hopefully i'll go national and perhaps international

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mergers and Acquisitions/Securities lawyer (about 6 years in)

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does your occupation define you as a DJ or is it your attitude?

Hypoxia II

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law student, just obtained my real estate license, and i buy and sell luxury cars.

Law school is overrated. Putting up with everyones egos is enough to drive any sane person mad. The females are really hard to put up with; feminism to the 100th degree!

....My advice to the ones seeking wealth, REAL ESTATE!

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
grr i see "real estate" everywhere but what the hell does it mean?