Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Flunking out of college!...what to do next?

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well some bad news for me. Halfway through my second semester it seems that it is inevitable that I will be flunking out of college due to my lack of motivation to study and work hard. I regret not getting my head on straight and putting the focus and effort into getting good grades. I am now paying the painful price and I have no one to blame but myself. However, I do not want this to be the end for me as I know it. I know I am fully capable of passing and even excelling in college, and in the real world. What I need is a second chance to shine. However, with me flunking out what are my options now? Can I get myself back into college, perhaps a different one? I never thought about what I would be doing if I ever flunked out because I didnt even imagine myself getting into a situation like that. Your feedback would be very much appreciated...

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Yaster, I'll put that idea into consideration, but I do not intend to join the military. That would be my ultimate last resort option. I was hoping for suggestions on how do I return to college after flunking out. Anyone else have any feedback please?

Reaction score
May I suggest you go and talk to a teacher, a friend or your parents. Advice on girls is one thing, but the future of your life isn't something you want to leave to anonymous people on an internet forum.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drop out of all your classes and get Ws on your transcripts. Petition the school administrators or beg your professors if you are not allowed to drop. Prepare for 2-3 classes during summer school and 21 credit hours per week next semester.

I also think you can enroll in an out of state college and just not send the previous school's transcripts... but there always might be a way the transcripts could be sent by an enemy and it would really harm your GPA and since it is academic dishonesty you might be expelled from your new university or have your degree taken away if you completed college.

So do the first choice and don't f*ck up.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friend of mine while we were at a Universtiy started flunkin out pretty bad. Grades were a mess, she wasn't taking it too seriously, and she started to go down the toilet.

She had to eventually drop out and enrole in a Jr/Community College. Going down a level got her more motivated. She started hitting the books hard..earned her associates degree and transferred back to the univ of washington getting her bachelors in Business Admin.

All is not lost bro. You have to really sit down and think about what you want out of life. Admission officers understand that college is tough and the first year can be very hard...but its all about what you do to bounce back.

The jr college route would be the way I would go in your situation. But take it very seriously. Many look at the Jr colleges as an extension of High School. But I met many transfer students when I was at the University..and those people were PREPARED and ready for the Univ challenge. There maybe advantages going to a jr college because the level of competition maybe easier...but work is work..studying is studying..and you have to remember..many of those J.C. students are paying it themselves, are second time around students, or students that are in the same boat you are in...bottom line..they are trying harder and working harder.

Good luck bro in your decision...its not over by a long shot..

^_^

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this situation when I broke up with my ex....bad situation.

Anyways, best bet is to ask teachers for help, if there is anything you can do..etc...

I would also recommend not leaving this up to people you really dont know on a forum.

I dont think flunking one semester is going to get you out of college, regardless if it does it might just be the "wake up" call you needed. Either way dont give up.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Listen to Hypnotiq...his advice is 100% on the money. I'd also add that you not wait too long to act. The more you put it off, the less likely you will actually do it.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relax, it's normal. Tons of freshmen do poorly their first year out of high school, it's actually expected (though not looked on in a positive light).

Here's what you do:
  • Drop the classes you know you'll fail. A "W" doesn't count against your GPA, whereas an "F" does.
  • Re-enroll next semester and stop jacking around.
What's going to happen to you (worst case scenario) is the university will send you a letter saying that you've been put on "Academic Notice" (or Academic Probation). Basically, they tell you to either do better next semester (or within the next 2 semesters for some schools) or you won't be allowed to continue attending that uni. Since this is your first time, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. All of this you could have easily found out for yourself by calling the Advising office... that is what they're there for, you know. :rolleyes:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea...im in a similar situation, my meeting with the academic advisor is on the 25th...Im gonna switch up my major and really focus myself. I can't imagine going home and working already. Next year I will balance work and play better

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well as diablo said it is doubtful that they will kick you out for this. However, if they do kick you out of the university for grades, you can always go to a community college, take some classes there and/or retake the classes you failed at the university and get good grades this time, and then reapply to a university after a year or two, depending on your choice. I go to a very small community college and there are fair amount of people there that have done this, so don't think your alone.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you're not alone. The same thing happened to me, except I didn't drop my classes in time and I got kicked out. If your GPA is already in trouble and you have the slightest feeling that you are doing badly in a class, just drop it as soon as possible.

And know that it's not the end of the world. Take a little time off or enroll in some courses at a community college. Get your GPA back up and apply to the school of your choice. If you look at it the right way, it can be a positive learning experience, it was for me anyway.

Good luck man

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Reaction score
man, I know exactly what you mean. I'm only a month from the end of my first year college. Damn, my grades have dropped alot compared to last semester.

I agree with the others about leaving your fate in the hands of others on the net but here are some things that may help:

1. Talk to teachers, explain situation, and make it known that you want to pass.
2. Get together with other students to study often. Right now in a couple of my groups in some classes, I am the only guy so studying doesn't seem so bad :D.
3. Cut back on your chick time. Remember, chicks like a guy who has ambition. It's time to reveal some of it and hit the books.
4. I dunno about the college you are going to, but I know in some courses I have final exams worth like 50% of my grade. Never give up hope. A strong final exam mark and working a bit harder for the rest of the course can surely give you the boost you need.
5. Don't overdo it. Everyone needs fun time too. :D

I speak from experience when I say this works.

Man, this business program sure doesn't make my writing any more interesting.... I think my writing gets more boring everyday, oh well.

Good luck.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, you should really find out exactly what you're school's academic policy is.

What is the minimum required GPA?
Is there an academic probation period?
Will you be allowed to keep your status as a student if you withdraw from all your classes?

You should know the answers to those questions before you take anyone's advice.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to sound like an ass or anything, but am I the only one who thought the freshman courses in college were the easiest classes ever? They were even easier than some of my high school classes. The amount of work I put into those classes was maybe a few hours a week at the very most and I got A's in all of them. What's so hard about studying for one hour and pulling off C's? It's definitely not hard to do that.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to make a commitment to improve your grades and the rest comes after. For example this new semester starting up im giving up doing any DJing or doing any fun stuff, and will only concentrate on improving my GPA and passing all my classes. It will be hard to stay away from girls and not try approaching any, and refuse going out with any (Yes you probably think im crazy). I just know that if I want to improve my GPA and pass my math class I can only do it by not messing around with girls and not doing any fun activities.

School + work + girls + fun is not a good combination if you're struggling academically and need all the time you can get for studying and homework. You have to set your priorities straight. What is more important to you? To me it is getting my degree and working the job to have some savings. Now you have to decide.

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
study...

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stop by the local Mcdonalds and pick up an application.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: I'm flunking out of college, what do I do next?

Originally posted by Sniper2k
Well some bad news for me. Halfway through my second semester it seems that it is inevitable that I will be flunking out of college due to my lack of motivation to study and work hard in my Biology and Math classes. I regret not getting my head on straight and putting the focus and effort into getting good grades. I am now paying the painful price and I have no one to blame but myself. However, I do not want this to be the end for me as I know it. I know I am fully capable of passing and even excelling in college, and in the real world. What I need is a second chance to shine. However, with me flunking out what are my options now? Can I get myself back into college, perhaps a different one? I'd like to find a way to get back into college life and start fresh. (note) I do not intend on joining the military, but I won't rule out that option completely. I never thought about what I would be doing if I ever flunked out because I didnt even imagine myself getting into a situation like that. Your feedback would be very much appreciated...

WHat you need to do is revaluate you reason for going to college...Is is it just for the women? or is it because you like the school's football team? Believe me, I've heard people say that they went to a university just for because they like their sports program..But anyway you need to figure out why you are going to college-If you think college is all fun and games then you are WRONG! Thats what everybody thinks when they just come from high school...They think that they got it all figured out-BUT when reality smacks ur azz in the face and you realize that nobody gives a damn about you, kids start to panic. They get caught up in the whole party scene in college and start fu*king up. Now although you are flunking college don't think its an unsolvable problem-_YOU CAN FIX THIS!--YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WORK! NO MORE SCREWING AROUND!!! You are going to have to know WHY you are school and let that be drive to do well in school!