Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Increasing bone size - possibly increase wrist size

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, before everyone calls me stupid saying that it is impossible to increase wrists size because its only bone blah blah blah, just hear me out.

So I was in BAA class, and we were learning about characteristics on skeletons (in the context of antemortem characteristics) and we started talking about occupational factors which would lead to hypertrophy. Obviously bbers are interested in this. But what was interesting was my prof said that BONES ALSO undergo hypertrophy. I couldnt find anything saying this in the book, but Im pretty sure my prof said this. You can google "bone hypertrophy" and get some results, so I guess it does occur. What happens is that the bones increase in diameter (the cortical layer?) and increases in density to account for the extra stress that is being put on to the bones cause the muscles are larger and more powerful.

So for the most part, this is useless cause bone never really is discernable on people with muscle... except the wrists. It probably wont make a large differnece, but if I understood this all correctly, IT IS POSSIBLE to increase wrist size by just working out.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've put on 60lbs of muscle and my wrist size hasn't changed...............

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well i know that people that do martial arts, if they brake stuff by punching it, their body adds more layers of calcium over there knuckes to make it stronger, its a natrual thing, the same was as if you use muscles they increase in size, well if bones recive a lot of impact they will get thicker.

P.S i wouid not suggest getting a hammer and smashing up your wrists.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bone hypertrophy isn't enough to make a difference. I've fractured my right ulna twice at the wrist and its no bigger than my left. If you work out...it will be the flexor and extensor muscles that get bigger, not the wrist. Besides...small wrists are a good asset...women like their men slim nowadays :).

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
California Love, what if you drink lots of milk and other calcuim products? I too have longed for a set of 10" wrists.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
The bone hypertrophy isn't enough to make a difference. I've fractured my right ulna twice at the wrist and its no bigger than my left. If you work out...it will be the flexor and extensor muscles that get bigger, not the wrist. Besides...small wrists are a good asset...women like their men slim nowadays :).
they do nto like slim men! they like athletic men, so tall but not to tall, and nicely built but not body builder type, obviously diffrent women like diffrent men but this is genrally speaking what they like.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've put on 60lbs of muscle and my wrist size hasn't changed...............
I'm gonna call bullsh!t on this one. I'm sure you've put on 60 lbs, but I honestly doubt it's even 50% muscle. 60 lbs of pure muscle puts you in the nightmarish bodybuilder category, and I really doubt that's what you look like at 18.

If you can prove this claim, I'll eat my words heh.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna call bullsh!t on this one. I'm sure you've put on 60 lbs, but I honestly doubt it's even 50% muscle. 60 lbs of pure muscle puts you in the nightmarish bodybuilder category, and I really doubt that's what you look like at 18.

At 14, I was 5'9" and 130lbs. Now I'm 5'10" and 190lbs with 9-10% BF. I'm not exactly nightmarish bodybuilder looking since I started so small. I'll PM you some pics for proof. :)

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not worry about your wrist size. You can't change it and really why on earth would anybody care about having bigger wrists? You gain nothoing by having bigger wrists and it is actually better to have smaller wrists. Never once heard somebody say "Holy ****! check out the wrists on that guy!:rolleyes:

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can cover it up with a watch on 1 wrist, whcih wou probably already wear, and somthing like those wrist sweat bands they wear in tennis.

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, Im not worried about my wrist size. I do have small wrists, but like someone else said, that just it easier to make my forearms look bigger. The reason I made this thread is because every once in awhile someone will come along and post a "I got skinny wrists, how do I make them bigger" thread. And the most common response to that is "its bone, you're bone cant grow", which in fact may not be true. But as some have said, even if it does grow, its probably almost indistinguishable, haha.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bones CAN grow thicker until 30 but they cant grow longer till 18 or when your plates fuse.

protienpowder

Don Juan
Reaction score
chim_chim said:
At 14, I was 5'9" and 130lbs. Now I'm 5'10" and 190lbs with 9-10% BF. I'm not exactly nightmarish bodybuilder looking since I started so small. I'll PM you some pics for proof. :)
Not all of that is gonna be mussel. Your frame and other body parts have gotten bigger too since you were counting since you were 14.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter said:

I know a guy that is 5'11 and weighs around 115-120 lbs. If he put on 60 lbs, his weight would be average or just slightly over average, not nightmarish bodybuilder category at all:)

Magnatolia

Don Juan
Reaction score
BigWillyStyle said:
California Love, what if you drink lots of milk and other calcuim products? I too have longed for a set of 10" wrists.
My understanding of calcium is that it only helps to strengthen your bones, not actually increase them.

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chim chim, I'd be willing to bet that a good chunk of that weight that you put on is just water weight. That's not to say that you didn't also increase muscle mass, but 60lbs of sheer muscle mass is a helluva lot of muscle gain for anyone.