Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The importance of positivity

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This whole post comes down to just ONE thing:

ALWAYS BE POSITIVE!

This simple statement can and must be taken in two different ways:
1. Always be positive externally.
2. Always be positive internally.

Always be positive externally
This one is fairly easy to get used to and will make a BIG difference in the way people think of you. Rules are simple. Don’t complain about anything. Not your ex g/f (which is bad anyway), not your co-workers, not your boss, not your parents. I could go on whith things like: don’t complain about the weather, about your lack of money, about your car etc but I hope you already got the point by now. Also: don’t be seduced to gossip about anyone.

Explanation: Even though you might be faily optimistic in general, complaining about the tiniest things will cause people to have a negative image of you. For example, when you meet a nice girl, do not talk about the things you don’t like, instead, talk about the things you do like, or even better: talk about what SHE likes. This way people will eventually end up having a lot of respect for you. This behaviour shows them you can handle anything and you will not be brought down by difficult situations.

Always be positive internally
This one may be a little harder for you to actually put into practise but trust me: it can be done and it will affect your life in ways you can’t even imagine.
I don’t care how rich, goodlooking, carefree or healthy you are: EVERYONE eventually runs into difficult situations. Some you can handle, some you’d try to run away from but the fact is: It all depends on how you view the situation. In any of these situations, try to see the positive side.

Got laid off? It was probably time for you to get another one anyway since you never really liked it there anyway. Being laid off in this situation is actually a push to go out and get something else.

It’s raining outside while you were planning on going to the beach? Screw it: Just do some of the paperwork that has been waiting for you, so next time the sun shines, you can go to the beach without this paperwork on your mind.

The examples might not be the best but I hope you understand the point. Being positive like this will make you carefree and optimistic and will eventually lead to a naturally positive attitude that can affect many things like your selfesteem, the way you handle people in general and the way you deal with problems in all areas of your life. You will feel so much better about yourself and everyone around you.

Good luck.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very nice post. I'm going to add a little onto this that I heard at a seminar.

If you're positive everytime people see you, they will instantly be favorable to you since no one wants to hang around a rotten apple. Therefore, they will always...or most or the time rather...be uplifted when they're in your presence. Their friends will catch on and ask about it.

They'll tell then about how you're so positive...etc. You will get some haters, but they'll see the light and get sucked into. Improves popularity exponentially...I've done it...it works.

| \
1 1
| \
1 \
|

^^^So basically...each person you affect will "pass it on." Eh, its hard to explain and may seem AFCish, but it works. Just don't be a doormat. Be kind, not a pu55y.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like that movie "Pay it forward":)

Anyway, i am not even talking about being nice.. cuz that is probably what gets most guys to eventually have to come to this site :)

I just noticed - not just on this board but in real life out there - that some people can't help but bytching about every little thing. I used to be the same ending up alone wondering what the hell had happened. Nowadays I notice these people instantly and it strikes me how repulsive that behaviour is when you realize this. So subconsiously anyone will pick up on negativity like that.

TheTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a problem with the word "always" in this context. complaining can be good and necessary sometimes to get the negative stuff off your chest. though i agree that complaining about minor things like most people do is kinda ridicolous.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
excitement is very contagious. if someone has a frown on their face and you bounce around with a smile, trust me it will perk them up.
teasing is also a great way to reinforce positivity. it says i think your alright.

acting cool and a bigshot know-it-all will only make people not want to be around you.

it's also about the body language. you can smile but your body will tell a different story if your slouched over or arms crossed.

one of the main things i do when i'm starting a new job and i'm nervous. while i'm driving to work, i let out a big yell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. and if there's a good toon on, i'll sing it and shake it and most people at stop lights get a big chuckle.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheTrader said:
i have a problem with the word "always" in this context. complaining can be good and necessary sometimes to get the negative stuff off your chest. though i agree that complaining about minor things like most people do is kinda ridicolous.
I'm open to your view so could you give an example of when the right time to be negative or to complain?

You're right to speak out when someone treats you bad by mentioning it. My defeinition of complaining though, is whining how things are so bad for you and how life is unfair and sort of thing.
To get negative stuff off my chest, I'd rather try to see the positive things and try to find ways to make the situation a better one.

But again, please give an example of when complaining would be good?