Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The beliefs who made me who i am.. Uncovered

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many things have happened to me since i started my adventure and by no means is it at an end, i've come a long way however and things i have learnt may help you along your way because after all, there's thousands of things to learn from everyone if only you would listen.

I was depressed, un happy, fat, a loser, etc. And a year and a half later, hear i am: HB9.5 Model girlfriend, plenty of GOOD friends, a rare commodity in the eyes of many chicks, and most importantly.. I'm happy. Here are the thoughts that brought me these things.

1. It all comes from choice

Any day of our life time we can discipline ourselves to change everything, open a book to open our mind to new knowledge, do something new, and can start the process of life change.

We can do it immediately, next week, next month or next year. We can also do nothing. If the idea of having to change ourselves makes us uncomfortable, we can remain as we are.

The most common choices in this world are the following: rest over labor, entertainment over education, delusion over truth, doubt over confidence and fear over courage. The choices are ours to make yet we keep making the ones that make us unhappy.

While we may curse the effect, we continue to nourish the cause. We created our circumstances by our past choices. We have both the ability and the responsibility to begin making better choices.

We cannot allow errors in judgment, repeated daily, to lead us down an inappropriate path. We must keep returning to the simple basics which make the biggest difference in how our life develops. And then we must make the specific choices designed to bring life, happiness and joy into our daily lives.

If we do not like how things are in the present, we must make the changes necessary to create the future we desire! We have the ability to transform every area in our life. It all begins with our very own power of choice! To control choice you must:

2. Act despite your mood

"I don't feel like it" is a common chant we often repeat to ourselves or to others when we are tired, not in the mood, or simply procrastinating. No doubt, feelings are important and need acknowledging, yet they often prevent us from taking the action we need to take, when we need to take it. Consequently, we tend to feel worse in the end, because we did not do what we needed to do.

It takes courage to act regardless of your current mood. It is easy to succumb to your feelings. Despite this, it is important to remember feelings come from your thoughts, and you have the power to change your thoughts. When you change your thoughts, you change the way you feel. Instead of focusing on your lack of incentive, focus on the benefit of completing whatever needs doing. Focus on how you will feel when you are finished and how proud you will be of yourself for acting despite not being in the perfect mood.

Utilize the Law of Momentum which states, "A body at rest tends to remain at rest while a body in motion tends to remain in motion". In short, get into motion! Moods are a product of the mind. The trick is simple: do not think, just do it! Train yourself to get started even if you are not in the mood. Moods tend to dissipate quickly once you are in action.

Whenever you do not feel like it, check in with your current thoughts. What are you thinking for this feeling to result? Then simply change your thoughts. Remember, action generally comes from your higher self, the part in favor of growth and expansion. Inaction generally comes from your protective mind, the part trying to keep you safe (and stuck) inside your comfort zone. When you act despite your mood, you are choosing to manage and control your mind instead of letting it control you!

Therefore, the next time you are not feeling in the mood, change your thinking. Simply focus on taking the very first step to get started, and then take another, and another. One single step at a time until the law of momentum kicks in. By then, chances are you will forget all about not being in the mood, and will be well on your way to completing whatever it was you needed to do...and feeling great about it!

3. True happiness

You are convinced life will improve after you get married, have a baby, and lose ten pounds. Then you are frustrated the kids are not old enough and you will be more content when they are. Later you are frustrated you have teenagers to deal with and you will certainly be happy when they are out of that particular stage.

You are convinced life will be complete when your spouse gets it together, when you can afford a nicer car, when you are able to go on a nice vacation, or when you retire.

Somehow you have learned happiness is the result of favorable conditions. This is backwards and it is time to unlearn this traitorous belief. The simple truth is favorable conditions result from deep inner happiness.

There is no better time to be happy than right now, right this minute. If not now, when? Your life will always be filled with challenges.

Stop waiting until you get a new car or home, until your kids leave the house, until you go back to school, until you finish school, until you lose 10 pounds, until you gain 10 pounds, until you get married, until you get a divorce, until you have kids, until you retire, until summer, until spring, until winter, until fall or until you die.

Happiness begins with the way you choose to respond to life right now. There are people who have every reason to be miserable, but still choose to live with happiness and joy. In every life there is plenty of room for happiness.

Everyone has challenges and disappointments. Yet they do not have to get you down. True happiness comes not from the absence of problems. True and enduring happiness is chosen despite the problems.

Happiness is not a reaction; it is a choice. Let it be yours.

4. Think without fear

Training your mind to think freedom without fear, to think potential, to think success is very similar to training your body for a sport. Athletes know pain is only temporary and potential must be seen in the minds eye.

Pain creates intense memory traces and is typically easier to remember than pleasure; therefore the memory of past pain generates fear whenever you encounter a situation with the possibility to cause new pain. Thus you are guided through fear to avoid painful situations rather than through desire to enjoy pleasurable situations. This can lead to mental barriers and blockages which can be very difficult to overcome.

Certain specific thoughts can become capable of generating fear because they have been linked to a fearful situation. This fear keeps people from thinking any further because it is associated with emotional or physical pain.

To break down the mental walls of perceived fear you must give yourself permission to ask questions - questions to break down limiting beliefs of the past and help you think in new and different ways. You must begin actively asking questions of your own thoughts, opinions and beliefs in a positive way. Your self-esteem and self-worth is based on your present belief systems. By challenging those belief systems with the intent of overcoming fear, you will develop the confidence to forge ahead to freedom and success!

Practice a technique called AAA (Awareness-Acknowledgement-Action) to create a positive breakthrough in your thinking. Breakthroughs begin with a conscious decision to change and lead to deep awareness and core acknowledgement. Action to increase potential follows naturally.

Ask yourself questions in the direction you want your life to move. Mind mastery is part of the journey. You must seek to remove fear - all journeys begin with a single step.

The eventual reward will be an open and confident mind standing strong against past and present fear - unafraid of the possibilities offered by free thought and exploration.

Acknowledge the fear, and then during the brief moment it takes to become aware of the fear, decide to change your reaction to it. Finally, follow through with some type of action leading in the direction of your dreams.

In the absence of fear, you will enjoy increased powers of perception, a high degree of self-confidence, self-trust, and peace of mind - a mindset of success!

Is the journey worth it? You decide. The choice is yours. A mindset of success begins with a single question.

5. And finally a little story

Once there was a group of tiny frogs who arranged a climbing competition. The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower.

A big crowd gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer the contestants on.

The race began. No one in the crowd really believed the frogs would reach the top of the tower. Statements such as, “Oh, way too difficult!”, “They will never make it to the top.”, “Not a chance they will succeed, and “The tower is too high!”, were heard throughout the race.

One by one, the frogs began collapsing. Only those who gained a fresh purpose continued to climb higher. The crowd yelled louder, “It is too difficult!!! No one will make it!”

More frogs became tired and gave up. But one continued to climb higher and higher. This one refused to give up!

At the end of the race, everyone else had given up climbing the tower. Except for one tiny frog who put out a huge effort to reach the top!

Then everyone wanted to know how he managed to do it. How had he found the strength to reach his goal? It turned out the winning frog was deaf!

The wisdom of this story is this. Never listen to other people’s negative comments or pessimism because they will steal your dreams.

------

This was my last post for a while, my internet is being cut off and im not sure as to when exactly i will get it back. Have fun in my absence. :)

playher

Don Juan
Reaction score
nice write, havent read a post from you in a long time.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
very... true.

Excelent read.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice post

Ballistik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Motivated me to get off my ass and do my workout in a couple minutes.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys are very lucky to have sammo here at HS forum. I applaud you on changing your life around. (btw, you should post a pic of your girl ;) )

People today have too much faith in tommorrow, and not nearly enough faith in today. The constantly say to themselves "tommorrow i will be happy because i will be done with school, tommorrow i will be happy becuase i will pay off my car", "tommorrow i will be happy becuase ill get a job".

The truth is, you will never be happy if you constantly rely on tommorrow. There will always be things that push you away from rest and happiness = more bills, gas prices going up, loosing your job, loans. You can not rely on physical objects to dictate happiness. Remember the great line "Things you own end up owning you"?

So start enjoying TODAY. I love to spread my arms while im walking, and looking at the sky. I dont give a fvck if anyone thinks im wierd, i just do it to relax. Notice, that nature if one of the most beautiful things to observe. Enjoy it as much as you can.

Chinese got this correct. That is why Daosim was popular among so many people.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mind if i just bump this up there guys.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great stuff.

One of those, "take life by the horns" type posts. I love it.

Boxcar Racer

Reaction score
That story was badass, this post has alot of relevance to my life and the way I think. I am going to keep this stuff in mind for a while.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This one slipped past me......great post.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my... ****, over 4 years here

Ive read a lot. And Learned a lot. Ive taken what Ive learned and experienced a lot.

This post reminds me of the first post by chancealot I read!

This post is REAL. Its pure, its truth... this is MY LIFE. Thanks sammo, I havent been inspired by this site in a long time.

Yookiwooki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, this is great. I've really been feeling "lost at sea" recentley and this is a perfect summation of what I want to live for.

rkc09

Don Juan
Reaction score
Five Stars!:up:

This is just what I needed. Thanks man. Your life story is very motivating. I'm not gonna wait until I get my license to be happy. I'm not gonna wait to get a job to be happy. I'm gonna start being happy right this second!

Bump. This thread is great. A lot more people need to read this.

wutang23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really a great post! I think one of the best points about the whole post is that happiness is a choice That is so true! I'm a senior and high school all freshman sophomore and junior year all I thought that would make me happy was getting *****. This year I started getting alot of *****, sure it made me happy in the short term but I realize that It comes down to choosing to be happy you can't rely on other things! If I based all my happiness on when I got ***** my balance and hapiness would be out of wack. I see lots of guys who feel like **** all of the time and are constantly waiting till the next time they get laid to be happy.