Learn to Die.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can feel it in my veins; it’s rejuvenating. One more rush… Endorphin. Adrenaline. Testosterone. Let loose, let go, let it be. Just one shot, one sock in the stomach, clock me, punch me in the face, bite off my ear, gouge out your eyes and learn to listen. Learn to listen.

Turnoff the TV, learn to be unaware. How does it involve you anyway? Live in a cave, under a rock, right next to the darkest corner in your mind. Forget trend, forget talent, forget competition, challenge and those egotistical feuds you have with your friends because they can’t learn to compromise… or communicate. Learn to listen.

Learn to scream. Let it all out, let it go, let it be. We need to release… its starting to burn your lungs and you know you’re on fire inside… Be silent and reflect.

Excellent but unpractical. Logical but unrealistic. With a pulse but dead. Alone, scared, and in denial.

Go out of your way to follow their path… only to find, what should’ve been so easy before. Your path or no ones. No ones road was paved for you…

You can take the easy way out… and in fact it is difficult not to. No one sees it the way you do… Often times you will find that it is not your friends trying to hold you back from success or accomplishments, but merely their blind assumptions… Assumptions are the strongest sign of ego: avoid those who assume constantly, for they are the self-deceived animal.

If attention is not your desire then demand respect, loyalty and trust. Show the highest morals, the highest etiquette, the highest standards and the idealism to never lower or raise those standards.

No one can love someone who is brutally honest, but everyone will respect that individual. I am brutally honest, and that honesty is my most valuable trait. Security is a fallacy: a product of ego. There is nothing inherently wrong with ego; in fact I’d like to call it a necessity. Be aware: know.... but never believe.

Fear the believers… they are as good as brain-dead. We can defeat the brain, but the spine will eventually overwhelm.

Learn to love. The social pretenses of relationships cannot be avoided nor ignored. Let the lessons of society be that: lessons. Take everything for granted, ignore all the subtle hints and open ended questions. They are all obstacles in your path… Reality is objective: so treat it as such. Think before you act, but think not of emotional or subjective causality… only personal consequence. How will an event physically effect you? Positively or negatively? More often than not, I believe you will discover that you should be mentally indifferent to everything.

Friends are friends as long as you believe in them… Look around and sum things up: but do it realistically. Examine the consequence of every action you make, yet do it in haste as to much thinking takes away from the life you should be leading. It sounds contradicting, but with experience, our ability to do increases… it your choice to take on a larger task.

When your ability to do exceeds what you do, what do you do?

We’re all defined, yet none of us are definitions. My page is next to Albert Einstein’s, but a page is a longer distance than you may imagine. A page is infinite, like a line, because unless I give you restrictions, boundaries… there is no limit to what is possible.

Stay inside the lines, think inside the box, and stay down to Earth. Listen to these people… Listen, but do not believe. Learn to debate, learn to listen, learn to learn more than you can.

Learn to trust those who are dumber than you. Learn to trust your enemy’s opinions more than your friends. Look beyond trust, and realize insignificance. If your wife is cheating on you: let it be. Why be outraged? It was not meant to be.

You can careen through life on the back of a unicorn or you can fight the current… Get on the boat, gentlemen, we’re set to sail soon… Unless of course, you’d like to stay near the beach.

We may get lost in the ocean: we could only hope. Let us hope our boat sinks, that our lives end in such a fashion that perhaps we will be disregarded. Who wants to be remembered? I do not want my life to be seen through rose colored glasses. Life is tragedy, let’s stop lying to ourselves.

Learn to value the moment. No, I take that back. You will never learn that. This was the most unpractical, illogical, incoherent post you may have ever read. Can you read between the lines? Can you write me off? Write yourself off. Learn something new today.

Learn to express yourself. Learn to express yourself to yourself, and not your family or friends. Make music to please yourself or don’t make music at all. Paint me a painting of your horror, your tragedy: your life. There are no happy endings. Stop believing their lies.

Learn to learn all of this and remain happy. Love to learn.

…and then, you die.

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is very solid advice in there. If one can get past the writing to find it, that is :)

Reality is objective: so treat it as such.
That's your opinion.

This was the most unpractical, illogical, incoherent post you may have ever read.
Actually, it was the most enjoyable. It imitates all the random and meaningful stuff that goes through my head constantly :)

It was like reading some thoughts of my own.

Well, it takes a talented person to write something like this, so I commend thee.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will keep rereading this for 20 minutes then I will continue to reread tomorrow morning and maybe, by tomorrow night, I will have a reply. Beautiful post.

Lik

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BringUrGreenHat
ummm... What?
It feels good, doesn't it?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Superman X
I hear that ;)

-Dan
No, I don't think you hear me. I think you're listening but not hearing.

...maybe I'm wrong. :)

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth as Anything,

We all make questions, observations, and realizations in our lives, but at this point in time, you are simply thinking too much and not coming to complete conclusions. The result is a mass of uncorrelated ideas which most people won't comprehend and wont read.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love
Smooth as Anything,

We all make questions, observations, and realizations in our lives, but at this point in time, you are simply thinking too much and not coming to complete conclusions. The result is a mass of uncorrelated ideas which most people won't comprehend and wont read.
But you did read? You did understand?

Most people?

Mass of uncorrelated ideas?

I don't like your conclusions.

Everything is connected, especially the things I wrote in this post. The connections aren't very visible, I'm aware. Would you like some cliffnotes to my post? Would you like me to give you all the answers on a silver platter?

If I had all the answers I would not be human. If I had all the questions I would be insane.

It seems like I'm just ranting, speaking intellectually to get you to respect me... but theres a lot of information in that post. You want me to express it simply, inertly; without emotion. You want your steak pre-chewed.

Thought too much? Perhaps, you haven't enough.

I am not here to please you, bro. I am not here to answer your questions or tell you what to do. I am not a ****ing 60 year old woman answering your sex questions on the internet, under an alias.

If you don't understand it, that's fine. If you do, perhaps you're worse off.

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... great writing... sort of. That's about all it is though. No offense, this just didn't do it for me.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth as Anything,

Your venture into philosophy is appreciable, but you need to realise that everyone comes to their own conclusions in their lives. When we finally climax in our realizations, we will no longer feel the need to broadcast them. Wisdom becomes a part of you that needs no explanation.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To sum everything poorly, this message is about self-acceptance.

The more you grow out of the box that society has made for you, the more you feel alone.

We live subjective lives, and our means of communication are for from efficient... so we're alone... spiritually, we'll always be alone.

That's why we have to, and it's a pleasure to, learn to love ourselves, and accept ourselves as individuals, not as social constructions.

Strip yourself from all the bullsh!t of society and find out who you are.
I still haven't found that, probably never will, but I can say I'm comfortable on my shoes... I don't need to do things for others approval, or hardly ever do I have an exterior referential...

My life is mine, not yours or anyone else's. So why should I live by society's standards?

We're alone, and nothing we do matters to anyone but us...
So let us take a left on the next crossroad, and travel the road no one's ever dared to...

Maybe it leads nowhere... maybe we'll die after the first mile, but,
nothing new or great was ever found by persons who followed the same roads that have already been paved before...

Or is the whole society finding the meaning to their lives?

Great post my friend !

BBB

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...

Are you sure? This would assume then, that there is a certain amount of time to think, and to go over that amount is excessive. It is documented (I read this somewhere in passing) that the average human will watch around fourteen weeks (in hours) worth of television this year. Is that too much? How about twelve weeks? Ten? Six? Yet... myself, you, Smooth and many of us at one time (and some currently still) subject ourselves to as much television as the average person... and even if it is less, it still could be considered "excessive." This may sound like sound like more philosophical mumbo-jumbo (and probably is) but there is a certain amount of validity to it.

In our seemingly "maximum production" society, perhaps thinking at all is excessive. In High School... the right question is irrelvant... it is the right answer that you get praised for. Something else I read in passing talked about education retention levels. A study took about thirty Harvard students who graduated with the highest honors to take a final that they had taken only one month ago... all of them failed. Did they think too much or too little? Many people tell me that my philosophical ventures are useless because they never come to conclusions... they only further instill what we are taught from very young... the answer is important... not the question. But what is a destination without the journey? What could is an ending then... without the beginning?

Lastly to your assertion and this goes to Smooth as well. Stylistically speaking... Smooth as not the best sense of prose (this writing is crazy man... ;)) and it should serve as an example of how something well written is better understood. However... this post is very simplistic, and should be easily understood. Moreover, although scattered... the entire post does have one main idea behind it.

Your venture into philosophy is appreciable, but you need to realise that everyone comes to their own conclusions in their lives. When we finally climax in our realizations, we will no longer feel the need to broadcast them. Wisdom becomes a part of you that needs no explanation.
This California Love... is where you shoot all of us in the foot. With that first line in mind... why not shut down the entire site? Hell... why don't we shut down mass media as a whole who attempts to guide us to certain conclusions. Certaintly people come to their own conclusions but Smooth's post (and anyone else's) is not about conclusions... but ideas. And from those ideas... you draw your own conclusions. These thoughts, this site, and sites similar to it are not the destination... but merely one of the many paths in the journey. These things only show you a door... it is up to you whether you open it or not.

That is just the thing California love... we never climax in our realizations... because with every realization brings about another question and the cycle continues. Lastly... even the wisest of men have the need to broadcast their findings... simply because we are unsure of our own opinions or discoveries. We share them with other people with the hopes of validating them or... displaying them for the world to see.

The misconception is simple... thinking "too much" assumes that a person is somehow begin unproductive... a societal no, no. I do not know Smooth personally... but I would gather that he spend a great deal of his time doing other things than, thinking. I spend much of my day pondering useless things, but have time to do various other things as well. Perhaps thinking too much is an unhealthy behavior still... but I would rather spend fourteen weeks thinking than in front of my television having people think for me.

Everybody does it... it's just that nobody talks about it.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, these posts are wonderful. There need not be conclusions because they are not my post. I take my own conclusions from others' conclusions. I question you, your knowledge, your wisdom, your questions, your answers because through you I will find myself.

When I post, I put my whole system up. My starting point, my questions and my answers. This is so that others can help me see flaws in my system that I have tried to find but could not.

I watch 2 days worth of tv per year, let alone 14 weeks. I don't know about you, but when they say that your brain is more active while sleeping then in front of the tube that just pushes me away. I feel stupid watching tv shows. I watch dvds and occasional comic series (Family guy, futurama...). That's all. The rest isn't for me, yet.

Lik

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything

Stay inside the lines, think inside the box, and stay down to Earth.
Though your whole post was well thought out and intelligent, I have to say, I'm kind of insulted. Telling me to think inside the box and in the lines is contradictory to my ambition, which I consider to be my defining trait and extremely important. How can you say that it is best to live allowing life to pass you by, when it is clear that to be successful, you have to get your ass up and challenge the system?

It seems like you often say, "Let it flow, let it be." There is certainly wisdom in this. However, there come times when one cannot stand and watch life pass him by, he must act and make his own life, for it is his and his alone. So when you say to stay inside the lines, to think inside the box, I strongly disagree. We are not alone. We have all been thrown into this world, and this is why you should be a part of society and make yourself heard.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Learn to Die.

Originally posted by Wonderbread166
Though your whole post was well thought out and intelligent, I have to say, I'm kind of insulted. Telling me to think inside the box and in the lines is contradictory to my ambition, which I consider to be my defining trait and extremely important. How can you say that it is best to live allowing life to pass you by, when it is clear that to be successful, you have to get your ass up and challenge the system?

It seems like you often say, "Let it flow, let it be." There is certainly wisdom in this. However, there come times when one cannot stand and watch life pass him by, he must act and make his own life, for it is his and his alone. So when you say to stay inside the lines, to think inside the box, I strongly disagree. We are not alone. We have all been thrown into this world, and this is why you should be a part of society and make yourself heard.
I'll spare because you're 14 years old... but you misread my post...

Stay inside the lines, think inside the box, and stay down to Earth. Listen to these people… Listen, but do not believe. Learn to debate, learn to listen, learn to learn more than you can.
"Stay inside the lines, think inside the box and stay down to Earth." are statements made by people you should listen to, but not beleive.

I realize it may be difficult to understand my post at times, but don't just respond because you feel better about not understanding if you disagree.

:) Stay in school.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Learn to Die.

Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
I'll spare because you're 14 years old... but you misread my post...

"Stay inside the lines, think inside the box and stay down to Earth." are statements made by people you should listen to, but not beleive.

I realize it may be difficult to understand my post at times, but don't just respond because you feel better about not understanding if you disagree.

:) Stay in school.
My bad, you're right, I misread your post. Don't spare me, though, if you've got somethin to say.

Last edited:

Akyu

Don Juan
Reaction score
so basically your point is... get big, get a cool car, **** chicks