Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does protein shakes give acne?

Guillain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I have never had acne in my life and since I started taking protein shakes im starting to get theses pimples all over my face...
does anyone know if protein shakes gives acne or something??
its really pissed me off cause usually i have a clean face and since ive been taking thoses proteins I look way uglier...
lol is anyone well informed on that subject?

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it doesn't.

I'm not going to explain why. :)

Guillain

Don Juan
Reaction score
:D

and there's Steam Baths in my gym... I heard from a doctor friend of my mom that it gives acne too... maybe that's what gave me thoses pimples... bah!!

Steam bath experts, give some information!

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein shakes dont have anything to do with your acne. Its been scientifically proven that food has nothing to do with your acne. But a well balanced diet is always advised to maintain good skin.

You probably get acne because you touch your face after a steambath. Warm water opens up your pores so when they're open, they can either be cleaned or be exposed to unwanted things such as oil from your hands or dirt. And cold water closes them.

Other things cause ance, such as stress and overactive hormones.

What I usually do after a shower or bath is use some pore cleanser, and rinse with cold water.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and you also get acne by masturbating... :rolleyes:

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm
I use moisturising cream after a shower (I have very dry skin so I have to), would this clog my pores?

Guillain

Don Juan
Reaction score
"You probably get acne because you touch your face after a steambath. Warm water opens up your pores so when they're open, they can either be cleaned or be exposed to unwanted things such as oil from your hands or dirt. And cold water closes them."

Yes, I heard that somewhere else too that warm water opens up ur pores and close water closes them, so you're right :)

And yes I do touch my face a lot during the steam bath so that might be it, thanks a lot.

Next time what I'm gonna do is take a steam bath then jump in the cold water (theres this small ****ing cold pool next to the steam bath).

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole scientifically proven food =/= acne is BULL****.. Food does have to do with acne, your skin is the external expression of whats happening internally. When there is a problem within you, your skin will show it, liver, stomach, etc etc. Acne will also pop up when their is an internal problem or disbalance.

You are what you eat, diet is THE most important part of keeping a vital and healthy body. When you do not eat well or eat something that your body rejects, or is allergic to to some extent, ACNE will pop up.

WHen I eat more chocolate than I should, I get acne; every time. :D

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
The whole scientifically proven food =/= acne is BULL****.. Food does have to do with acne, your skin is the external expression of whats happening internally. When there is a problem within you, your skin will show it, liver, stomach, etc etc. Acne will also pop up when their is an internal problem or disbalance.

You are what you eat, diet is THE most important part of keeping a vital and healthy body. When you do not eat well or eat something that your body rejects, or is allergic to to some extent, ACNE will pop up.

WHen I eat more chocolate than I should, I get acne; every time. :D
Myth #1 : Eating chocolate and greasy foods—like French fries—causes breakouts.
The facts: Dermatologists say there’s no evidence that sugary or fried snacks affects your skin. If, however, you find that you tend to break out more after eating a certain food (for example, some people find that the iodine in foods like shellfish and sushi causes breakouts), eliminate that food from your diet and see if your skin clears up. Also keep in mind that while junk food can’t be directly blamed for breakouts, healthy skin (not to mention a healthy body) requires nutrition from a well-balanced diet.

from http://www.neutrogena.com.

Everybody's body and reaction to certain foods will be different. So live and learn.

mateo_g

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've suffered from cystic acne (the worst kind, and it leaves scars) since I was 13 years old. I have been on every medication for acne known. I was even on Acutane twice (that **** is nasty).

Suffice to say, I'm 27 and still have issues, although it is less severe. I have scaring but acutane helped heal many of the worst scars. The scars on the inside, on your self esteem, can last a life time.

That said, there is actually some new studies that does show diet can trigger breakouts.

Western Diet Linked to Acne

December 2002
For many years diet has been suspected to contribute to acne. A recent international study comes to the conclusion that Western diets are at least partly to blame. The belief is that refined starches and sugars stimulate the production of insulin, causing an excess production of male hormones. They, in turn, cause the overproduction of sebum, the oily substance that clogs pores.
The study compared Western populations with people of primitive cultures which have no refined products in their diet. The difference in acne rates was striking: 79 to 95 percent of Westerners have teenage acne, while none of their Primitive culture counterparts suffered from the affliction. When switched to a Western diet, they experienced similar rates of acne as Westerners.

While notable in it's findings, the study is not considered by some medical experts to be scientific. But it is noteworthy, as other experts, such as Dr. Nicholas Perricone, also recommend foods that are low on the glycemic index, which correlates to the body's production of insulin.
I have been told in the past that diet does not effect acne. This is untrue for some people. You may actually have an allergic reaction to many foods that will cause breakouts. Trust me, I've been to many dermatologists, and they all say the same thing "Eat a healthy diet regardless".

There is hope. Within the last few months, I have completely eliminated certain high risk foods and activities from my life and infact I have seen a massive improvement in controlling my acne. These are easy to do and cost nothing.

1) Stop eating junkfood, simple starches, cola, coffee. These can trigger insulin spikes which can impede proper levels of skin oil. This step alone has improved my overall health as well as my complextion.

2) Drink tons of water. This goes hand in hand with a healthy diet and good complextion.

3) Avoid hot showers, baths, steam rooms, hot tubs. Do not wash more than twice a day if at all possible, but by all means wash after excerting yourself (excercise, heavy work). Do not scrub your skin too harshly, as this can trigger increased oil production. You can learn to enjoy cold showers, they are great for waking up =)

4) Avoid prolonged sunbathing, as this can dry the skin and trigger oil production. Small doeses of sunbathing are healthy for skin but don't sit out too long without sunscreen.

5) Stop touching your skin where you have acne.

6) Wear loose fitting and comfortable natural fibers. Also wear an undershirt (cotton) when ever possible.

7) Excercise, Excercise, Excercise - Get into weightlifting or running, or some other activity. This helps keep your body fit, but more importantly, keeps stress levels down (a MAJOR cause of acne).

8) Practice stress relief. Meditation, relaxing music, taking walks, watching funny movies. TRUST ME, stress will wreak havoc on your mind and body and trigger your worst outbreaks of pimples.

9) Eat lots of foods rich in omega 3, like fish. This stuff is magic.

10) Avoid benziol peroxide. This stuff drys your skin out too much. Its mainly for people with lite acne. Instead use oil free healthy soaps and moisterizers.

As DX_Flyer said, everyone is different. But if you follow those steps I can safely say your skin will look more healthly and you will have less acne. Stick with it, it is a life long programme, it takes time to see results, but it has worked wonders for me.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just want to know, what kind of food is simple starch?

Thanks.

Good post by the way.

mateo_g

Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple starches are white bread, pasta, white rice, rolls. Instead you should eat Oatmeal, whole wheat bread and brown rice.

Guillain

Don Juan
Reaction score
:D

Very great post mateo, I've been going in hot tubs and steam rooms so much lately.. that's probably what the problem was...
I learned a lot by u thanks for the info
:)