Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marijuana

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Marajuana??????????

Alright, i have been smoking marajuana for around 2 years i have cut down over time.. I would really like to know the effects of weed and what it does to your muscles and health. I know its bad. Also i am not a addict ither. I smoke out of my bong aprx once a day. Just a bowl. If anyone has facts or suggestions please my eyes are open and ready for comments

Thanks

Wuzzup

Don Juan
Reaction score
i use to blaze a lot also, now hardly ever. I don't think it's much different than smoking cigarettes in terms of how it affects your health.

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't smoke ciggs, but ive smoked weed heavily for the last 1.5 years. When I say heavily, I mean atleast one bowl a day, and up to 3 or 4.

I have noticed no adverse mental side effects. I can still do ok(C's and B's usually) in lower level college classes without much studying, and usually without going. So it hasn't made me any stupider.

One of the things about weed is, you hear all the **** talk about how it ****s with your head. Then you start smoking, and everytime you forget something, say something stupid, or mess up, you say "oh damn, i need to stop smoking that damn weed"

Well, I know LOTS of people who say stupid ****, forget things, and do stupid **** sober. I know i had all those problems before I started smoking weed.

My physical health has not been effected in the least. I am alot healtiher now then I was a year ago, but the weed played no part in it. I went from 215lbs(june02), to 175lbs(now). Kinda funny how most freshmen put on weight, and I lost alot. I don't cough or hack like cigg smokers, or wake up with sore throats or any of that mess.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love weed, but I gotta point somethin out, k2. You say it doesn't affect you, but you skip classes, don't study, and you know you could take tougher classes, but your standards are low and you're lazy.

Lazy is a side effect of weed. Word is bond god.

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
But thats not totally true either, I was lazy in highschool as well, before i started smoking weed. Weed is more of an outlet for lazy people, it gives them something to do thats great.

Weed doesn't make me not go to classes, its because classes suck. Or im up to late drinking, and im all hungover, or i don't get to bed early enough and I would just rather sleep and not go to class. Its very wasteful yes, but I would still have the same problems, and still wouldn't go to class if there was no such thing as weed. (sure as hell would be boring tho lol)

I've been told i could do better if i applied myself all my life. Teachers, parents etc. But I could always get by with doing the bare minimum. HS was/is BS. The first two years of college are the same way.

It all comes down to motivation, and theres nothing to motivate me to get anything better then B's and C's. After college is done, all that work will be sumed up in one line on your resume. And it won't say anything about how you got all C's either.

You could argue that you need the classes to learn so you can get a job yada yada. Not true at all, any place you work is going to adaquatly train you to do what you need to do, as long as your a quick learner, its all gravy.

Now this attitude isnt for everyone, you won't get to be a docter, or a lawyer. But for a wussy business degree, its ez$$.

But it will probably bite me in the ass when I need to get into some schooling after undergraduate.

Oh well, heh

CamaroMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it all the time sophomore year. Probably the most interesting experiences with thought and perception. I noticed i'd see a hot girl but not talk to her, i'd be too relaxed (and lazy). But then again I know people who blaze and get every girl at my school, so it really depends on the person. And yes it hurts your short term memory, most people experience short term memory loss (but not all, I know a straight A student who tolks every chance he gets and can memorize a page poem in 3 minutes) but eventually once you stop smoking bud, your short term memory will return. And no, it doesn't make you do random stuff like run over kids in the drivethrough at mcdonalds like on those truth ads. That propaganda crap is getting old with me. Try it out, see how you feel with it. If the cons outweigh the pros then stop it. Simple as that.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DuckMan
mj smoke has 50% more toxic chemicals than cigarette smoke.
Originally posted by -k2
no, it doesn't.
DuckMan, when was the last time you added ammonia to your bud?

"50% more"? I don't know about you, but back in the day I made pretty damn sure any marijuana I considered smoking was 100% free of ARSENIC. (*coughcigarettes*)

Weed's bad for you anyways, guys.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I smoke alot of bud and have come to the conclusion that its lost its luster, long ago.

I have quit smoking (yesterday) and will continue to abstain from weed until i feel like puffing again.

I need to stop getting so damn stoned as to where im too lazy to do anything and id rather watch a dvd and jerk off and eat food.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people that bash weed have never tried it. But they still think they know enough about it because "they have friends who smoke" or "they know people who wasted their lives because of it", so they think they are some kind of guru about marijuana. Sorry. You don't know jack **** unless you've at least tried it once.

I personally just try to limit it to a couple times a week, maximum.

The most important things to remember are:

1. Weed and chicks don't mix, unless you smoke it with them. :D

2. Moderation, moderation, moderation.

If you can remember those 2 things, you'll be fine. (As long as you don't get caught)

~UnDisputed~

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
eefects of weed

weed is not a good thing, i see no point to it other than being high, which doesn't last very long and makes you look like a complete idiot to other people. here are some of the effects:

Short term
· Stoned/ out of it
· Reduced attention span
· Paranoia
· Hallucinations
· Lowering of blood pressure
· Loss of coordination
· Increased appetite

Long term
· Higher risk of bronchitis, lung cancer & respiratory diseases
· Loss of concentration, memory and learning abilities
· Boredom, loss of energy
· Lowered sperm count - guys
· Irregular menstrual cycle - girls
· Severe psychotic behaviour is more likely if person already has schizophrenia

all smoking will do is kill your brain cells k2, u might not feel it yet but the long term effects can be detrimental to your health. 1 blunt contains the same amount of chemicals as 21 ciqarettes...

Damn im smart! :D

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I wish you knew what you were talking about.

That list of long term short term is pure bull****.

Stop posting what you think, and start posting FACTS.

FACTS come from research and studies. Not from mommy, daddy, your best friend, or government commercials.

You do not Hallucinate.
Marijuana does not cause cancer. Find me ONE, just ONE documented case. Thousends of people die from tobacco caused lung cancer every year. Marijuana contains no cancer causing agents. Deal with it.

-k2

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you'd like to begin knowing atleast a little bit about what try to come off knowing. You can start with these links.

http://www.jackherer.com/chapters.html

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

There have been NUMEROUS studies showing that there are little if any negative side effects of marijuana.

Please read, and stop posting stuff YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Some copy and paste.

Myth: One Joint Equals One Pack (or 16, or maybe just 4) Cigarettes

Some critics exaggerate the dangers of marijuana smoking by fallaciously citing a study by Dr. Tashkin which found that daily pot smokers experienced a "mild but significant" increase in airflow resistance in the large airways greater than that seen in persons smoking 16 cigarettes per day.1 What they ignore is that the same study examined other, more important aspects of lung health, in which marijuana smokers did much better than tobacco smokers. Dr. Tashkin himself disavows the notion that one joint equals 16 cigarettes.

A more widely accepted estimate is that marijuana smokers consume four times as much carcinogenic tar as cigarettes smokers per weight smoked.2 This does not necessarily mean that one joint equals four cigarettes, since joints usually weigh less. In fact, the average joint has been estimated to contain 0.4 grams of pot, a bit less than one-half the weight of a cigarette, making one joint equal to two cigarettes (actually, joint sizes range from cigar-sized spliffs smoked by Rastas, to very fine sinsemilla joints weighing as little as 0.2 grams). It should be noted that there is no exact equivalency between tobacco and marijuana smoking, because they affect different parts of the respiratory tract differently: whereas tobacco tends to penetrate to the smaller, peripheral passageways of the lungs, pot tends to concentrate on the larger, central passageways.3 One consequence of this is that pot, unlike tobacco, does not appear to cause emphysema.

Myth: Pot Kills Brain Cells

Government experts now admit that pot doesn't kill brain cells.1 This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis.2 This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research3 and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International.4 Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology.5 Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence.6 It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

Myth: Marijuana Causes Sterility and Lowers Testosterone

Government experts concede that pot has no permanent effect on the male or female reproductive systems.1 A few studies have suggested that heavy marijuana use may have a reversible, suppressive effect on male testicular function.2 A recent study by Dr. Robert Block has refuted earlier research suggesting that pot lowers testosterone or other sex hormones in men or women.3 In contrast, heavy alcohol drinking is known to lower testosterone levels and cause impotence. A couple of lab studies indicated that very heavy marijuana smoking might lower sperm counts. However, surveys of chronic smokers have turned up no indication of infertility or other abnormalities.

Less is known about the effects of cannabis on human females. Some animal studies suggest that pot might temporarily lower fertility or increase the risk of fetal loss, but this evidence is of dubious relevance to humans.4 One human study suggested that pot may mildly disrupt ovulation. It is possible that adolescents are peculiarly vulnerable to hormonal disruptions from pot. However, not a single case of impaired fertility has ever been observed in humans of either sex.

Myth: Pot Causes High Blood Pressure

According to the NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, the effects of marijuana on blood pressure are complex, depending on dose, administration, and posture.1 Marijuana often produces a temporary, "moderate" increase in blood pressure immediately after ingestion; however, heavy chronic doses may slightly depress blood pressure instead. One common reaction is to cause decreased blood pressure while standing and increased blood pressure while lying down, causing people to faint if they stand up too quickly. There is no evidence that pot use causes persisting hypertension or heart disease; some users even claim that it helps them control hypertension by reducing stress.

One thing THC does do is to increase pulse rates for about an hour. This is not generally harmful, since exercise does the same thing, but it may cause problems to people with pre-existing heart disease. Chronic users may develop a tolerance to this and other cardiovascular reactions.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: eefects of weed

Originally posted by ~UnDisputed~
weed is not a good thing, i see no point to it other than being high, which doesn't last very long and makes you look like a complete idiot to other people. here are some of the effects:

Short term
· Stoned/ out of it
· Reduced attention span
· Paranoia
· Hallucinations
· Lowering of blood pressure
· Loss of coordination
· Increased appetite

Long term
· Higher risk of bronchitis, lung cancer & respiratory diseases
· Loss of concentration, memory and learning abilities
· Boredom, loss of energy
· Lowered sperm count - guys
· Irregular menstrual cycle - girls
· Severe psychotic behaviour is more likely if person already has schizophrenia

all smoking will do is kill your brain cells k2, u might not feel it yet but the long term effects can be detrimental to your health. 1 blunt contains the same amount of chemicals as 21 ciqarettes...

Damn im smart! :D
Have you ever smoked pot? If your answer is no, delete your post, for the sake of everyone on this board. Thanks.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe it or not, there are also positive effects of weed.

-mood lift
-happy thoughts
-relaxation, reduction of stress
-increase in connection between body/mind
-increase in creative and philosophical thinking
-thoughts and ideas flow easily
-pleasant attitude towards life
-increased appreciation of music
-heightening of the senses (mostly touch, taste, and smell)
-pain relief

If done in moderation, you will hardly ever experience the negative effects of weed.

~UnDisputed~

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
????

Ok k2, i see where you are coming from, at least you are using a fact based arguement...nice research...

Lil duce...LOL!! heightened appreciation for music! lmao!!!!!!!
r u kidding? r u saying smoking weed is a good thing?
your a joke