Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Success Story (long)

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello all- I've been a member here for a while, but I stopped posting about maybe 8 months ago, so it's nice to be back.

Anyways...this is a post to help newbies here "get" the message of this site, and not come away with false pretenses and wrong ideas. As a subject, I'm going to use myself over the past two years. Here goes:

I'm now a college student at Georgia Tech, and am happy with every aspect of my life now. If you're new here to sosuave, then you probably AREN'T happy with some aspects of your life. I was in the same boat about two years ago. I really hold this site responsible for giving me the information, knowledge, and mindset to make a difference in my life, and I hold myself responsible for implementing those teachings into my actual life, to make it better.

Up until this site, the story of my life, with regards to women, was...nothing. I can't say it was a failure really b/c I never even tried. And not b/c I didn't want to...I just didn't know how; I didn't 'get' it. Sure I'd had girlfriends and plenty of girls that liked me. As far as gf's go, I didn't have very many, but several. But they never went anywhere b/c I wasn't in control of anything. The gf's I had were girls that had the initiative to come on to me, and I just said "yes". I didn't know how to act around them, didn't know what I was doing at all really. I wasn't with them b/c *I* wanted them, but rather because *they* wanted me. Consequently, I didn't really have any real motivation, I wasn't in it. I think most of these relationships ended with me just stopping talking to her. Not surprisingly, I had never had a relationship worth a damn.

I constantly had *crushes* on girls, one girl at a time, obssesively, for years at atime in some cases over ONE girl that I'd never really even talked to. I never made an attempt at one of these "crushes". Not one. And of course they never asked *me* out- the girls I wanted would require that I ask THEM out. So no go.

So why was I so unsuccesful? Was it b/c I was ugly? No not really, I'd get looks from girls fairly frequently (although I was too insecure to realize it, rationalizing something negative like the look was an 'accident' or something), even sometimes from my "crushes" (that word is starting to sicken me...). Was personality just not such that I was capable of getting a girl attracted to me? No, not really either. All the girlfriends I'd had loved my personality, loved how smart I was, funny, etc. You could say I had all the ingriedients for a Don Juan, just not the cookbook.

Alright, so let's go back two years ago. It was my junior year in high school. I had some pretty good friends and a decent rep and social life. Still...there was a pervasive feeling of depression in my life. There was just something missing...

Anyways, I developed the typical crush on a girl I sat next to in a class. It got to the point where I was totally completely obsessed (like so many times before...). One difference though...b/c we sat together, I actually talked to this one. And she talked back. In positive ways. I was astounded. I was getting positive reactions from this girl...you can imagine how even more obsessed I became. Still, it never hit me to ask her out or try to kiss her, for two reasons. 1) I thought it would be much better (read: safer, less chance of rejection) if I made really good friends with her first, and 2) I got 'mixed signals', ranging from a sparkly look in her eyes kind of gazing at me, to seeming like she didn't care. This frustrated and confused me to no end.

Then, in an effort to allieviate this confusion, I turned to the net and used a search engien to look up body language, thinking if I could read some body language i could know once and for all if she was attracted to me (lol). But this is how I came across sosuave. I read the body language article, then read all of the other ones. I didn't even know about the discussion forums for a while after that. I signed up for David D Angelo's "****y + funny" e-mails. I pored over this material, and slowly got a sense of understanding what a *man* is; a man women want. The most importent concepts I learned were the significance of self-respect and confidence, as well as the overcoming of self-doubts and fear. Over time, I developed philosophies that have made me a happy man. Not b/c of girls, but b/c of belief and confidence in myself. I no longer have that overwhelming sense of "I'm a loser" hanging in the back of my mind.

So you ask, what happened with the crush girl? Well, we actually hooked up, lol. It was very improbable, as I had already made some afc mistakes. But I leanred as I went, and built up attraction. She actually kissed me first. Then I went and posted about it asking "does this mean she likes me?", lol. (I still had a lot to learn, though I was MUCH better off than before). Our relationship fizzled after a few months, due to my inexperience in relationships (this was, after all, my first REAL one). I was pretty sad about it, she was my first love really, and it really ended from me incorrectly using some DJ techniques. But although I was sad, I still had an underlying sense of optimism.

That relationship ended about the end of my first semester of senior year. I got over her after a while, but didn't really pursue too many girls. I had a blast during senior year though, hooking up with a few girls at parties and stuff, hanging with my good friends, managing to keep senioritis to a minimum. My point for this is, even though I wasn't using it to try to get girls really during that period, the philosophies I learned here made me a happier and better person in all aspects of my life.

Now I'll backtrack just a little, to the begininnig of junior year. There was a freshman girl who simply blew my mind with her hotness. She is commonly agreed to be the hottest girl at our school, and one of the hottest you'll ever see, seriously. I had talked to her once at my church over the previous summer, and she had given me some positive signs. Being that, at this point (pre-sosuave), she was the hottest girl EVER to give me any sort of positive signs, I was smitten. The fact that I'd only talked to this girl once for maybe 10 minutes and never gotten her number didn't matter- I was plain obsessed. After a few months of altering the route I walked between classes to get a glimpse of her (borderline stalker behavior...), I decided to enact an absolutely brilliant plan of mine. Here it is: I'd write a note telling her I'd "like to get to know her" and we should "go to a movie". Then, I'd get one of my friends who was in one of her classes to deliver the note. Yeeeaahh...

c'mon, that's 5th grade behavior.

Of course she laughed at my friend and told him to inform me that she had a boyfriend. Pretty rudely. When my friend told me her response, I was devastated. I decided she was a total b!tch. I still liked her though, and didn't forget about her until the previous girl i mentioned came along (the one who sat beside me in science).

Well, that "total b!tch" has now been my girlfriend for six months. How did I get her? Well, she really didn't even remember the note by my senior year. It figures, she was dating lots of guys, got numbers from all these guys all the time. Like every hot girl worth having. When I gave her that note, her immediate impression was "wtf, this is something a 5th grader would do. No way that pvssy has a chance". (I've talked to her about it, lol). After being 'converted to DJism', I realized that her reaction didn't make her a b!tch, in fact it made a lot of sense. Also, from talking to her in my senior year (we had a class together, and wasn't that interested in her), I noticed she was very unhappy with the plethora of guys she was dating. She was tired of all the guys at malls asking for her number, how they were all the same. She had no choice though, it seemd to her.

Basically, we somehow ended up giving each other a message, and that kino sparked a situation where I ended up holding her in my arms. I starting immediately feeling attraction, but not uncontrolledable obsession, but real and meaningful attractions. Before, I might have never had the balls (confidence) to use kino like that (or even known what kino was), and I would have NEVER had the balls to call her and ask her to meet up at my house to 'study lines'...and CERTAINLY would have never had the balls to hold her and kiss her, without any asking or delaying. She loved it, and we've had a great relationship ever since. I've leanred from my past experiences and now I'm able to have a relationship that is truly "icing on the cake" (which is the place for girls in the philosophy of Don Juan). I'm enjoying the best times of my life now, and now I'm an eternal optimist, to the point I annoy some of my friends, lol. ::shrug::

My point in ALL of this rambling? This site CAN help you. And if you put the effort this deserves into it, it WILL. You will get good quality girls, yes, but more importantly, you will be better and happier with other aspects of your life to a point where girls are merely "icing on the cake" that make you even happier.

Moreover, don't think of this site as a collection of 'tricks' to get girls. That will in the end get you nowhere; you may bag a few broads, but you won't be a complete man really. Having confidence is possibly the greatest feeling ever, especially if you've never really had it before.

I hope that by reading all of this you n00bs will understand what this site is really for, and how helpful it is. Thanks for your time.

Good luck- E-Z

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... For some reason this really hit me. Maybe because your history is similar to mine. It's nice to see success stories like this to help stay optimistic and motivated.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*copy, correct spelling errors, and print*

Nice one, this one is a keeper. Good to see someone how has made it work. Next time I get into a situation similar to yours, I remember the stuff you did...

Evo

Don Juan
Reaction score
this really motivates me cuz i am so similar to wat u were when u first started to learn to become a dj. i am a jr in highschool also and i just started to learn to become a dj and currenly in boot camp :D. so i must say nice post it gave me extra hopes!!!

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soon enough you'll realize that with DJing comes a lack of significance. We create false significance naturally, and as DJs we know to not allow that.

What am I pointing at? That your success with this "b1tch" will no longer be a success to you. Sad to say, but it's true from my own experince.

If you're a good DJ, you'll always be self-improving. I'm not proud of my past. My friends envy my past. I envy my future.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
This is the sort of stuff "non-believers" should be reading. Being a DJ is different from being a player/pimp.

Great stuff. :D

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
Soon enough you'll realize that with DJing comes a lack of significance. We create false significance naturally, and as DJs we know to not allow that.

What am I pointing at? That your success with this "b1tch" will no longer be a success to you. Sad to say, but it's true from my own experince.

If you're a good DJ, you'll always be self-improving. I'm not proud of my past. My friends envy my past. I envy my future.
Yeah I can see that. Previously, I would have been completely amazed if I had the affections of an attractive girl. Now, it still makes me feel good, but you're right, it's not as significant as before. As it becomes less of a challenge to me, I'm not as satisfied with just attracting hot girls anymore. Not saying I can always attract hot girls at a whim yet or anything, but it's not really new and so exciting now.

Fortunately, relationships provide enough of a challenge to occupy me for now...I'd say it's really much harder than just attracting chicks (obviously). Whenever my current relationship ends, I'll naturally have to focus on some other aspect of "DJism".

Thanks everyone for your responses. Glad I could help try to summarize the message of this site with an example.

-E-Z

KeepitKINO

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was blind, i was dumb, for the last month i maded the girls the cake, not the icing.

I'll remember that!