Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My pee is radioactive yellow when taking vitamins

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So i got suckered into buynig GNC's MEGA MEN vitamins... Why suckered you say? Coz when i take it, my pee turns bright radioactive yellow, and im assuming thats all the vitaimins im flusing down the toilet...

So is this normal? Anybody else find their pee is insanely yellow after taking vitamins?

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you took the normal amount of them?
Since un-needed vitamins go down the toilet.

Well, I'm not an weekly coffee drinker but every time I drink coffee a large cup or more my pee is darker and the smell is stronger.
So, I'm a freak too or we are both allright. ;)

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice
Have you took the normal amount of them?
Since un-needed vitamins go down the toilet.

I could eat only Big Macs for a week, then take a Flintstones vitamin, and my pee'd still be yellow. Well, maybe not, but you know what I mean. Is it because your body needs to adjust itself so it can actually start to use those vitamins? (IE, if you don't get enough most of the time, you body can't all of a sudden accept all the vitamins so it sends them down the drain)

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Same thing going on over here. I could highlight a whole book. I only take one instead of the two(whats recommend). Also, take it with food, and water is your friend, drink lots of it.

Reaction score
Originally posted by sonick182
my pee turns bright radioactive yellow, and im assuming thats all the vitaimins im flusing down the toilet...
That's corect

So is this normal?
Yes, absolutely normal.

Anybody else find their pee is insanely yellow after taking vitamins?
Yes.

Despite turning your wee yellow the vitamins may still be doing you good if you would otherwise not be getting enough of them in your diet. However if you are already getting enough vitamins in your diet anyway then taking the vitamins is just giving you expensive urine.

I saw a show on telly ages ago where some nutritionist claimed that the vitamins that come in vitamin tablets are of a different handedness to those in nature and that they don't protect against cancer as well as the ones found in food. (Vitamins are chiral compounds - i.e. come in two forms - the mirror image of each other but otherwise identical). When you take the artificial stuff it blocks absorbition of the natural stuff and hence you may not be protected against cancer as well as you otherwise might be.

In case this is true I generally only take vitamin suppliments every second or third day so I'm getting at least some of my vitamins in the naturally occuring cancer protecting form (and probably not putting as much stress on my liver, kidneys or whatever). If I know I'm getting enough veggies and stuff then I don't take vitamin supliments at all (but they are handy when you can't be bothered cooking a proper meal and you know you are probably otherwise going to be deficient in them).

a_client

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it the B12 in the vitamins that causes your piss to be bright yellow. Keep up the good work.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a healthy diet you dont need multivitamins at all. Also, you arent getting the hundreds of "helper" enzymes that work with vitamins when you take pills instead of eating good food. The body stores most vitamins so taking megadoses every day will lead to toxicity.

At least take them every other day if your urine is bright yellow, or do a little research into yourself and find out which vitamins you are really lacking in instead of killing yourself for a little "insurance" or trying to make up for a poor diet using multivitamins.
and im assuming thats all the vitaimins im flusing down the toilet...
that... and your hard earned money

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's healthy. The vitamins are cleaning out your system and the bright yellow should pass eventually if you take the vitamins consistantly. You're not flushing out the vitamins, you're flushing out toxins in your body.

xyzzy, eating a healthy diet isn't that simple - especially with today's commonly processed food. Taking the right amount of multivitamins has been proven to improve the health of millions of people for many years. The archaic belief that multivitamins don't improve overall health is a myth from 25 years ago.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For hundreds of thousands of years weve been getting our vitamins from food sources, and are not accustomed to getting them all at once. The body even has trouble absorbing nutrients when we eat too large a variety of food at once.

Also, there are the thousands of "helper" enzymes that are necessary for the chemical reactions to occur. An orange contains about 25,000 phytochemicals alone for the body to absorb Vitamin C properly. I dont think that it's an accident that they are conviently contained within the orange, it is how we evolved to digest it. These phytochemicals havent even been fully cataloged much less put in pill form yet.

May have gone a bit overboard with saying not to take a multivitamin at all, but just dont try to make up for a poor diet by taking them. Eat good, real food.

BTW, the color is from Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), and the yellow effect is from not getting enough vitamins before and now your body is adjusting for the excess. The yellow color should go reduce or go away eventually.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For hundreds of thousands of years weve been getting our vitamins from food sources, and are not accustomed to getting them all at once. The body even has trouble absorbing nutrients when we eat too large a variety of food at once.
Unfortunately we don't have the same diet today that humans have had for thousands of years because of processed food and mass marketing. As for getting them all at once in one tablet, this is why higher quality multivitamins instruct you to take them 3 times a day. The large multivitamins that you're supposed to take once a day are relatively worthless.

May have gone a bit overboard with saying not to take a multivitamin at all, but just dont try to make up for a poor diet by taking them. Eat good, real food.
This I agree with. Multivitamins should only be a suppliment.

locrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took vitamin B supplements for a while and it did the exact same thing to me, so can vouch that it's the 'B' that makes your pee so bright! I eat very clean and get almost everything I need from real food, but from tracking my nutrition I know that I generally have a hard time getting enough zinc. So I take the multivitamin to basically 'cover my bases' and to get me enough zinc. If you want to track your nutrition, I've found fitday.com to be pretty handy.

A1SteakSauce

Don Juan
Reaction score
me2

all i take is some multi-vitamins and i was getting a bit worried about it. this forum is great. where the fukk else would you find out you ain't the only dude with chernobyl piss

A1

Brasco

Don Juan
Reaction score
I take one vitamin every morning(stresstabs with zinc) i've been taking them for 2 1/2 years and only had one cold since. It is normal to have yellow urine when you take them, the first time I pee after I take one it is glow in the dark yellow then it dies down to just a normal color by afternoon. I was told the reason why is because when you first take a vitamin you get a alot of different vitamins at once and your body doesn't have a chance to use them all, so some goes down the toilette but alot stays in.

gr8one

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
funny thing about urine huh?

I've noticed that My Piss has become alot stronger lately...I never had it smell THIS STRONG..However, it's not PUNGENT, It JUST overwhelms the whole room.

The other day I went to see how my dog would react to it..lol..
and he freaked out...lol.. So Ipissed in one of his favorite "spots"...lol..now he won't go near it...

Anyway, what can i do to tone this down?

Escude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your urine is excreting various substances that are cleared by the kidneys. some things give off strong odors in the urine like asparagus and garlic.. some of which may have been processed by the liver into a metabolite.

So, sounds like you've made some changes in diet that are showing up in urine. Drinking water will dilute your urine but you still have to get rid of what you don't need.

B complex vitamins give you that bright yellow... as far as I know its OK. Don't take more than 1 of those a day.

Xyzzy is correct in that vitamin deficiencies are rare in the western world, but taking a multivitamin plus maybe an E, B complex, and C tab doesn't really hurt.

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
This probably isn't the case, but if you're not drinking enough water, your pee can turn dark yellow(depending how dehydrated you are). But when u hydrate yourself properly its clear.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, my second day of taking multivitamins and my piss has turned radioactive green. it was like pure lime juice. freaky

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea green pee=bad....and i dont know about you guys but usually my pee is yellow weather i take vitamins or not.......

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
green pee's bad? what's bad about it?

anyone else get this? what could have caused it: multivits, creatine, green skinned banana - probably, eating oatmeal straight?

shyt, and i thought it looked cool :D