Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Increase or decrease the weight with each set?????

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually when I'm doing 8 reps of 3 sets of decline, straight and incline presses on my benchpress I get to a point of muscle failure and usually don't feel stiff at all the next day.

After waiting a minute or to, I have recharged but can only do under 4 reps if I contiinue.

Would it be more benefcial, to decrease the weight and do 4 sets, keep the same weight and do 3 or increase the weight and do 1-2 balbuster lifts??

Any ideas?? thanks!

Elimidate

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not one of the most knowledgable here, but I know this is a guideline I normally use for myself that has worked well.

Normally I try to go for a 10-8-6 or 8-6-4 workout with increasing the weight for each set. For my chest stuff, with dumbells, I'll do a 10-8-6 and increase by 5 lbs each time... I pick a weight so I can barely do the third set of 6.

On a flat barbell bench, I'll do a 10-8-6-4-3.. start at 145 and add 10's on each side for each set...

Hope some of that may help

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
if u want to bulkup/size gain
basically it depends upon ur goal... to decrease or not...

the minimum rep for per set is about 5-6 without support...
if u can do 8 reps without support increase the weight...u'll be able to handle 3-4 reps with increased weight too...

as per contrary belief more sets with same weight or less weights n lots of reps... will give u muscle strength/overall strength...
try this for one month and then u'll see u can increase ur weight lifting capacity really good...
WhoAmI