Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Did divorce ruin Tiger Woods? Did that trigger his fall from grace?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple question. I know most people dont watch golf, but I get into it when a few golfers do well. Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, and Tiger Woods get me to watch golf. Definitely Tiger draws me in above everyone else. And as most people who even casually watch golf know...Tiger creates interest and ratings for the game.

The man has not been the same since 2009 when everyone found out about his secret playboy behavior. He won the US Open in 2008 off of a great comeback and playoff round against Rocco Mediate, and 6 tournament wins in 2009. Granted Tiger won 5 times in 2013, he really hasnt sniffed a realistic shot at winning a Major since 2009.

It really does seem like once his family life went to sh!t, so did his golf game when playing majors. And majors are how everyone judges Tiger and how he judges himself.

When everything fell apart in his family life, I thought to myself "this dude is rich, successful, and not a bad looking bloke. He'll find another woman and be fine. Dude's gonna smash that Jack's record". I would have never foreseen his career turning the way it did, seemingly triggered by the loss of his family life.

Thoughts?

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because he never went through his slvt phase before getting married. He was a beta who became really wealthy. If he had gone through his slvt phase before getting married or stayed single, he would have been in a much better place right now.

Today's man needs a lot of experience with women before deciding to tie themselves down to one woman. He should have also gotten a prenup.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 on the slvt phase, I'm "ready" to get married, but I won't because of the laws that be. Tiger can afford to get a divorce. I, and most men in general, cannot.

Yeah golfers aren't supposed to lift weights, and their wives only care about their money not their bodies. Tiger got confused, or was in the wrong profession. A good movie I have seen recently is "I Know What I'm Doing." It's about a woman who is trying to marry a rich old man, her boss. Prototypical wh0re these days. It's the reality of these days.

house

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with pprf, that & the standard of play is getting ridiculous. The flip side is look at Mcilroy since he ditched his missus, he's taking the game to a whole new level.....

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Payaso said:
Because he never went through his slvt phase before getting married. He was a beta who became really wealthy. If he had gone through his slvt phase before getting married or stayed single, he would have been in a much better place right now.

Today's man needs a lot of experience with women before deciding to tie themselves down to one woman. He should have also gotten a prenup.
The truth!

Saldy, I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to El Payaso again.

Spot on!

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
+1 on the slvt phase, I'm "ready" to get married, but I won't because of the laws that be. Tiger can afford to get a divorce. I, and most men in general, cannot.

Yeah golfers aren't supposed to lift weights, and their wives only care about their money not their bodies. Tiger got confused, or was in the wrong profession. A good movie I have seen recently is "I Know What I'm Doing." It's about a woman who is trying to marry a rich old man, her boss. Prototypical wh0re these days. It's the reality of these days.
The weights are part of what made Tiger so dominant. He actually influenced more guys to stay in shape, because his fitness made his drives so great during his career.

Whats been killing him lately in his mid range game and his putting.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with the divorce. Of course, right now he's had a lot of health issues plus he's rusty. I think you had a guy who was amazingly successful but then he's completely overhauled his swing several times. They've "Tiger-proofed" the courses so his old strategy of bomb it as long as he can and hit a short iron from the rough doesn't work as well. Plus he's been stubborn about changing his strategy so as to hit more fairways.

That's what I think, but I'm certainly no expert.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it like this:
-Ended a 7 year marriage (meaning they've been together for even longer)
-He has two kids and his relationship is forever strained with them
-His relationship is strained with his ex wife's family and maybe even his own
-He not only lost direct money from the lawsuit, but he also has been dropped from being a sponsor by many companies, including Woods losing his own monthly column.

I know nothing about golf, but I think it is safe to say this can affect his mental game quite a bit. This isn't something you recover from overnight.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the biggest impact on Tiger's downturning-career is the loss of his father, Earl. Followed by the divorce and various injuries. Back before 2009 he was calm when I saw him play on two occasions. The pvssy had to have helped him a lot. Sometimes good golfers on any course or country club will start sucking and have to seriously begin wondering how it happened to them. It happened to me during my golfing development out of the blue. Grip issues, clubs not doing me justice anymore, clubs becoming too short for me, etc.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Payaso said:
Because he never went through his slvt phase before getting married. He was a beta who became really wealthy.
Very true. A guy like that is a perfect target for gold diggers.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that Tiger's New Swing just isn't working.I guarantee you if he laid his ego aside and went back to Butch Harmon he would be playing better.Just way too technical with his swing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Of course it helpee him, but all those little minor injuries you get in the gym are now coming home to roost for him. Most golfers don't have all these injuries.
Lol, speaking of minor gym injuries, just wait until you get to my age. I pretty much constantly have some sort of aches and pains now. Tendinitis, arthritis, bursitis....

Anyway, look at Rory McIlroy. He has a lean, athletic body, but isn't bulky like Tiger. I'm not sure that having all that muscle bulk is really beneficial to a golfer in the long run. That kind of physique is more prone to injury - the big muscles tear the tendons off the bone, that type of thing. McIlroy's physique seems like it would be easier to maintain, and built to last longer and healthier.

I also agree with Lostsoul that Tiger should have stuck with Butch Harmon. I think his ego got in the way.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Injuries, HGH/steroid use, marriage they've all effected him to varying degrees. His problem is that like all superstar athletes that have passed their prime is that they can't let go and they try too hard to recapture prior glory doing things they way they did it in their prime as opposed to acknowledging that their physical gifts have diminished and that they need to rely on craft and guile much more.

Tiger's ego is the problem.

mbas44

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doubt very much if it has anything to do with him being "beta" at some point or not going through his "slvt phase' LOL..It has everything to do with him having multiple surgeries, attempting to change his swing multiple times, etc.. The golf swing is a lot harder on the body than it looks especially when you do it a billion times. Im sure the divorce etc ****ed w his head for a little while but to me if the dude had never changed his swing from the vintage tiger of 99-2000 hed probably already have 20 majors under his belt. The game got boring for him so he chased perfection by changing his swing to try and challenge himself. He simply was a machine who I really wish as a fan of his had never messed with his natural swing... He won the us open on a broken leg, thats how talented this guy is. None of his downfall has anything to do with what we discuss here, at least IMO.