Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So Your Girl Wants to take a Break

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
How you start with a b*tch, is how you end with a b*tch.-Old Pimpin' Proverb

"I think we should take a break." She's so laden with remorse, melancholy, and sincerity when she says it. Things have become too much for her of late. She's busy with school, she's having problems with at work, things aren't going right at home, or more then likely your "relationship," has been less than ideal. So in an attempt to free you from these "unnecessary,," burdens, she wants to release you from the relationship, irregardless of the fact, that part of being in a relationship is dealing with the touch times.

True of the matter is, dude if a b*tch (with the exception of the relationship being on the rocks,) ever cites one of the reasons that I just gave for wanting to "take a break," the b*tch is a mutha****in' lie and is disrespecting not your relationship, butalso you.

Let's translate the statement, "Lets take a break,," from the wom*nese. What the chick is actually saying is the following, "For the longest time, I had a feeling that you had some b*tch made tendencies. I mean, you were a little too clingy and you were all too willing to please. You would never tell me "No," on top of the fact that you never checked me. Sometimes, I would purposely do things to see if you'd get mad or at least make an attempt to correct my rude behavior.

So what I'm purposing is that we break up. I'm going to get out there, date, suck, and f*ck some new dudes and see if I can do a little bit better than what I'm doing now; however, we can STILL BE FRIENDS, WHEN NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO TAKE ME OUT HANG OUT, (ON YOUR DIME OF COURSE,) and I might even give you some every now and then. If I don't find anybody else, I MIGHT consider f*ckin' with you again.

For a woman even to approach you about some bullsh*t like this, she pretty much feels that you would play the b*tch and go for it and that comes from you constantly failing her sh*t tests. So Rex's advice is this, if your girl approaches you about going on a "break," agree to it, only make it permanent on your part.

Vaporized

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
How you start with a b*tch, is how you end with a b*tch.-Old Pimpin' Proverb

"I think we should take a break." She's so laden with remorse, melancholy, and sincerity when she says it. Things have become too much for her of late. She's busy with school, she's having problems with at work, things aren't going right at home, or more then likely your "relationship," has been less than ideal. So in an attempt to free you from these "unnecessary,," burdens, she wants to release you from the relationship, irregardless of the fact, that part of being in a relationship is dealing with the touch times.

True of the matter is, dude if a b*tch (with the exception of the relationship being on the rocks,) ever cites one of the reasons that I just gave for wanting to "take a break," the b*tch is a mutha****in' lie and is disrespecting not your relationship, butalso you.

Let's translate the statement, "Lets take a break,," from the wom*nese. What the chick is actually saying is the following, "For the longest time, I had a feeling that you had some b*tch made tendencies. I mean, you were a little too clingy and you were all too willing to please. You would never tell me "No," on top of the fact that you never checked me. Sometimes, I would purposely do things to see if you'd get mad or at least make an attempt to correct my rude behavior.

So what I'm purposing is that we break up. I'm going to get out there, date, suck, and f*ck some new dudes and see if I can do a little bit better than what I'm doing now; however, we can STILL BE FRIENDS, WHEN NOBODY ELSE WANTS TO TAKE ME OUT HANG OUT, (ON YOUR DIME OF COURSE,) and I might even give you some every now and then. If I don't find anybody else, I MIGHT consider f*ckin' with you again.

For a woman even to approach you about some bullsh*t like this, she pretty much feels that you would play the b*tch and go for it and that comes from you constantly failing her sh*t tests. So Rex's advice is this, if your girl approaches you about going on a "break," agree to it, only make it permanent on your part.

Haha so true either that or "I wonder if I can find someone better than him, so I will keep him around in case I can't"

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HB: "I wanna take a break"
You: [enthusiastically] Yeah, I agree! Ok, I'll call ya.
<leave>
Hamster: [now on steroids]: *Vrooooooooooooom"

That should be the extent of the "I need a break" talk. If she comes back after 2 days, ok, she had some doubts, remorse kicked in, she realized this is stupid, and all is well. If 2 weeks go by without contact, she's riding the carousel hard with plenty of KY.

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

Polish Rifle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do breaks and I don't know any relationship that goes smoothly after having breaks. I'd just move on.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Break..... Ha!

That line has to be up there with the biggest loads of bullsh!t a person can say.

I should write a journal of all the bullsh*t ive heard from females and my exGF's so everyone can read the most devious things that has been said to me. It would make many guys cringe with horror.
I'll give one example here:

My first ex GF was very beautiful and she was from the south close to Texas. I did everything for her. As a young guy it was tough taking flights back and forth from NYC to the south but i did it for her. To raise money,.. I had a big booklet of basketball cards that i had been collecting since the age of 12 till i was 21 over the years and it had rookie cards like Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan (Yes MJ rookie) and all the great NBA legends. Plus some baseball cards that were hard to come by, Derek Jeter Rookie card, Don Mattingly, I even had a Mickey Mantle (not rookie though). I had a authentic Michael Jordan North Carolina jersey as well. A Walt Frazier Autograph photo etc. I sold all those things to raise money for flights and extra cash to get around for her.

She ends up wanting to take a break from me and gets involved with a dude that was into drugs. She left me even after i did alot more for her. Of course i was fvcking devastated and i would try calling her and she would send my calls to voicemal (BTW this was the start of the Cell phones that were flip phones etc). One time i called she let the guy pick up and i cursed him out and wish i could find him to put a dent in his head then she laughed in the backround overhearing her say "let me touch your c0ck". It made me so angry and hurt that i had to go to my friends house.

few Weeks go by and she calls me out of no where crying that the guy doesnt want to have sex with her. SHE CALLS ME! (the guy that loved her very much) TO TELL ME THE GUY DOESNT WANT HER. What followed was even a bigger slap in the face. She then says "Dont give up on me, We're just on a break and I miss you" I was a young guy that didnt know any better and i said "i miss you too".

We got back together and things seemed great for a while until a year passed and again,.... Said she needed a break when i later found out she was talking to someone. She was back home and her parents were away We got into an argument and then she says "Well, I gotta go because someone is coming over and i need to change my panties" i went off on her and she just said i gotta go. I called later again it was like 1am, she picked up but tells me "i cant talk, im busy and havin some fun on the couch".

I dont even want to type anymore... this just brings back really upsetting memories.

Last edited:

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post, again.

As all your latest posts have been Rex!

Too bad one must go through this sh*t once to realize that this is how it works!

No matter how excellent your arguments are!

n52

Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
Yea I agree, but if the ***** says that during anal sex, that don't mean she's breaking up.
:crackup:

iamnobody

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with Rex on this one. If she wants a break, by all means let her take it. Walk away. Treat it like it's a breakup and don't contact her under any circumstances and go balls deep in hotter babes.

Dadude548

Don Juan
Reaction score
So absolutely none of you guys would care that your girlfriend wants to break up with you?

It kind of seems that if you're fine with that, then you have zero emotional attachment to her. If that's the case, why would you be in the relationship at all?

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still reeling from In2thegame's post.
Ouch man. That's a seriously fvcked up bytch.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dadude548 said:
So absolutely none of you guys would care that your girlfriend wants to break up with you?

It kind of seems that if you're fine with that, then you have zero emotional attachment to her. If that's the case, why would you be in the relationship at all?
I think that they care that their girlfriends want to break up with them but the point is there is little you can do once her mind is made up. Best to cut contact and look elsewhere for two reasons:

1) Dignity
2) If she were to change her mind going ghost is more likely to spike her interest in you than trying to convince her not to break up with you.

Dadude548

Don Juan
Reaction score
:-) said:
I think that they care that their girlfriends want to break up with them but the point is there is little you can do once her mind is made up. Best to cut contact and look elsewhere for two reasons:

1) Dignity
2) If she were to change her mind going ghost is more likely to spike her interest in you than trying to convince her not to break up with you.
Yeah I get that.

It just seems odd to me for a guy to go through effort and use game to get a girl and then enter into a real relationship with her. And then if she is thinking about ending it, you're supposed to say, "OK cool. Have a nice life."

I see that as completely giving up and handing her all the power.

Dadude548

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
Oh I would care. But I would recognize that anything I do EXCEPT agree to the break is detrimental. Begging, pleading, crying, etc WILL BURY ME. Plus, it is a form of self-protection to walk away.
I completely understand that.

Pleading, begging and crying are weak actions. But there has to be something one can do other than begging for her to stay, or doing nothing at all.

Doing nothing means you are letting her dictate what happens.

When a girl says she wants a "break" this should put all of your defenses on high-alert. All of them.

The ONLY reason she would need to "take a break" is because she is unsure if she wants to remain in the relationship. ..............UNSURE. For whatever reason - lost her feelings for you, personal problems, heavy work load at school. Doesn't matter. She is UNSURE about staying in the relationship.
It seems wrong to put in effort to pursue a girl, sleep with her, enter into and maintain a relationship with her, then just give up when she's feeling unsure.

Odds are she was unsure about you about you in the very beginning, but you overcame those feelings and a relationship formed. How is her feeling unsure later on any different?

Almost exactly two months ago my very first girlfriend broke up with me because she was unsure about her feelings. I kind of wished she asked for a break, but I realize that a break is pretty much the same thing as breaking up.

I felt completely helpless and that is not right. Why does this site exist if there isn't a way to get your girlfriend to stay with you?

Arguing against the break takes away all your power, and she will take one anyway if so inclined....you can't stop her.

I think my response would be " I don't do breaks, let's consider ourselves single from now on. If you want to get back with me one day, call me up and ask me out."
That just sounds like a last ditch effort to grab power, akin to "You can't fire me, I quit." The end result is the same.

The point is : You do NOT play these silly little girl mind games on THEIR terms, you play them on YOUR terms.

She wants a break? Give it to her, in spades!
Do NOT initiate contact.
Only reply - politely, briefly, sparingly.
Get out and start looking for someone new.

Because that is EXACTLY what she is doing.
If only the bold were that easy.

First one has to get over the pain of being dumped, then get the desire to actually look for new women, and then actually pulling it off.

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mauser96 again.
Excellent advice man!

But, as you said, and I believe this part is of paramount importance
You choose whatever path you want buddy, chase her, write her letters, etc. I have done that and know it doesn't work. But if you insist, by all means have at it. You will learn the hard way, as most of us did.
There is only one way to learn, and that is through experience.

You said it yourself, you are 46, you've went through a lot. It sucks balls being heartbroken, but you only learn what works, by first doing sh*t that you will discover that don't work. No matter how hard people try to convince you the other way around!

Anyway, excellent advice man! Too bad I was also this blind once!

At least I've learned a new skill! :up:

Dadude548

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.
I sense you are seriouslya asking for help and will insert my response into your text in bold. Also, this is your first breakup........I am 46, can you guess how many I have had?? Lol, more than one, including an ex-wife who "needed a break" too.
More than I have that's for sure. And I'm not denying that you have more experience and knowledge than I do in this area.

Not that I know of.
And that's what I was afraid of.

I think I'll make a thread on this general topic down the line. But I think the key is to keep the relationship going strong instead of trying to fix it when it's already broken down.

By simply walking away, you take back your OWN power to direct your own destiny. You are NOT doing nothing at all by walking away. What you ARE doing, is telling her and the world, and most importantly, yourself "Look, I know who I am, I know my value, and I KNOW I can find another woman if need be. You need a break? Great, take one. For me, however, this isn't a break, I am now single and will act as such. If you would like to re-apply for the job as GF down the road? Go for it, and IF that position is open?? IF it is? I MAY consider you. MAY."
OK, so walking away pretty much has nothing to do with her at all. It's all about maintaining your strength and not letting yourself get torn up or losing your masculinity.

That makes sense.
You couldn't be more wrong my friend. She is dictating what SHE is going to do.NOT what YOU are going to do. YOU can do whatever you like, as you are SINGLE now!!! Are you going to bend over and grab your ankles and wait for her? Or are YOU going to say "No problem, the world awaits me"

Open your eyes! YOU are not giving up. SHE is. And YOU can't do anything about it, except to protect your own heart, interests and feelings so do that! WALK AWAY.

You cannot control anyone but yourself. If she is unsure, or wants a change...she will make that happen.
Women are weak, fickle, think with their emotions instead of logic, sometimes appear to be as rational as children and often barely seem to even know what they want. If she can't even decide what she wants for dinner how can she decide that she wants to end the relationship?

So when she wants to give up, I feel like I should just tell her "No, we are going to work it out."

We talked for 10 minutes, danced for 10 more, were holding hands by 40 minutes, making out outside by one hour, and sex later that night. That "break" reminded me just how successful I had been with women before my LTR, and how I could be again
As I said before, this was my very first girlfriend, so I don't have that level of confidence that I can walk outside and just get another girl right away. I'm much older than my experience will suggest and I've failed with women for a very long time. That's why it's so hard for me to give up and just let go.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Rex Does Was What Rosebudd Said to Do in This Respect

Dadude548 said:
No,I wouldn't per se. What I would be concerned about is what I did to facilitate the break up.

Dadude548 said:
It kind of seems that if you're fine with that, then you have zero emotional attachment to her.
Rex is blessed with this amazing ability to completely and totally turn his back on people. If a woman doesn't want to f*ck with me, and she's explicitly made it plain that I have nothing to offer her, then pray why tell am I going to continue to pursue said woman? If it has gotten to point where she's even bold enough to approach you about this "break" b. s. she's telling how she feels about you, your relationship, and the lack of respect she has for you as man. The only viable alternative is to sever all ties and go on with your life.

Dadude548 said:
If that's the case, why would you be in the relationship at all?
You're in a relationship because at the time you're hoping you have and build something with that woman, but you have to realize, love isn't infinite, people, things, and circumstances change.

Dadude548 said:
Doing nothing means you are letting her dictate what happens.
Explain something to ole Rex. If you're going about your life with no f*cks given as to what she's doing, how are you letting her "dictate what happens?"

Dadude548 said:
Odds are she was unsure about you about you in the very beginning, but you overcame those feelings and a relationship formed. How is her feeling unsure later on any different?
This happens because you ran out of game and you stopped pimpin'. You have to give these hoes their daily dose of game because once you stop pimpin', she's going to go elsewhere to to get the game she yearns for.

Dadude548 said:
Almost exactly two months ago my very first girlfriend broke up with me because she was unsure about her feelings. I kind of wished she asked for a break, but I realize that a break is pretty much the same thing as breaking up.
Hey potna that's on you. She was unsure about her feelings towards you because YOU DIDN'T GIVE HER A REASON TO BE SECURE ABOUT HER FEELINGS TOWARD YOU. You probably were displaying negative beta male charter traits, were needy, and you weren't sure of yourself when you around her, you didn't show strength, decisiveness, or conviction.

Dadude548 said:
Why does this site exist if there isn't a way to get your girlfriend to stay with you?
Show me anywhere on this site where that b*tch made bullsh*t is stated as the mission statement of this site. So Suave isn't about getting the first b*tch in the world to ever show you attention and give you some p*ssy to remain in your life. It's about improving life, embracing your masculinity in addition to your sexuality, and equipping men with the mentality and the tools needed to be attract and be comfortable around women. In the end, when you chick tells you she wants to take a break, you have to remember those wise words from Rosebudd, the American Pimp

When a Hoe Leaves Your A$$, Don’t Try to Figure it Out.

All women are fickle. Hoes are no different. Women function on 99.9% emotions. B*tches leave for the dumbest reasons or no reason at all. Least of all the reason you think it is. And I’ll tell you something else, if you know why the hoe left, you weren’t pimpin’. If a real pimp spots a problem he’s obligated to solve it. That’s why when a hoe leaves you’re not suppose to know why.”-Rosebudd

Turuwal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i fckin love this sh*t!!!

i think im in the same boat as rex etc in saying that i didnt grow up to not give a fck about women, but instead i had the emotions kicked out of me by hoe after hoe after hoe until i find it hard sometimes to even give a f*ck

heres some cold sh*t that women do for your reading pleasure

my ex is pulling stupid sh*t and maybe trying to monkey branch, so i get in first and break up and start seeing ppl right away

she waits til im at the lowest point possible, absolutely destroyed from not sleeping in days cuz of a community project with my mates, and then hooks up wiht some bad boy muthaf*cka wannabe right in front of my face

another time waits til my "friends" birthday, a manipulative little c*nt who caused most of our sh*t in the first place, then at the end of the night starts holding hands with him then pretends its nothing when i lose it. of course its my fault cuz its his birthday the poor thing.

if you think there is any good in people whatsoever then wait til youre at your lowest ever and see who is still at your side. those people are your closest friends. not one will be a woman.

we werent born this way. we were made this way by cold. a$$. hoes.