Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I don't know what to do

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotta decide what to do in the next few weeks.

College is coming back around the corner, and I'm not sure I or my family can afford to go back to school out of state. I have a lot of friends and fun things I can do at this school, that my state just can't match.

Going to University of Delaware just seems like a huge drag. It is a little cheaper but I feel like I'd be leaving a lot behind.

Ultimately I don't want a degree that will get me an average job. I want to do something fun, like act, model, or do something noteworthy. I want people to Google my name and have something come up.

I haven't been able to find work all summer, I have about $500 to my name, and to top it off I haven't kissed a girl since school ended at the beginning of the summer, let alone had sex.

This is the condensed version, I haven't typed up every little detail because this experience has been extremely draining and I don't know where, or if, I want to go to school next semester. So hopefully somebody can tell me what they think and help me make a decision.

Thanks.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, what degree are you currently studying for?

Hustlaz Ambition

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That out of state tuition is a b!tch. It's what stopped me from going out of state. No surprise you could not continue to afford it.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, to people know your name you have to either have a lot of money or do something courageous or bad.

Why go out of state if you can't afford it. Go in state. There are people in your state university that study out of state, because they come from another state. What's the point in that? To have fun?

What to do?

Get real.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a job. Think about what you want to do while you're actually being productive and making money for college.

Easy answer.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
BPH,

is UNC Wilmington that much more of a party school than U Delaware? Does your in state school not have any of the phys ed related coursework you would be interested in? Is the difference in tuition ($18,000 a year plus living expenses vs $12,000) enough to make you want to transfer to an instate school?

Regardless what your answers are to these questions, I agree with Speed Dawg if you can't afford out of state then you don't have any choice anyways.
The difference is only about $3,000 when you factor in the room and board costs. Aside from the fun and friends I have in North Carolina, it just has more opportunity. Movies get filmed in NC, like Iron Man, Piranha 3DD, and this one BET movie with Lil Romeo that nobody really knew about. Delaware is literally a drive-through state.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who is paying for your tuition?

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
The entertainment industry is largely a "sink or swim" industry. Not to mention its extremely saturated. It no longer produces massive stars like Michael Jackson because so many people are in it now.

Honestly.. if that's your real passion and you can't currently afford the school you want to attend.. I would encourage taking a year off to travel to California and NYC and audition for modeling and acting jobs. If that's what you really want to do and you can't afford school.. this is the best option. You'll get to try out your passion and avoid debt at the same time. You'll also save up money.

After one year.. go back to your preferred school (assuming you didn't get a great acting modeling job).

If you want to be famous and succeed in entertainment long-term you're going to need talent, connections and balls. Plus luck. This industry chews people up and spits them out. Look at the Jersey Shore cast. Look at Lindsay Lohan. :crackup:

But whatever you do.. try to minimize or avoid debt. Debt is like cancer.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to college right now is a waste, especially when Jan. gets here. Also trying to be an actor cost the same amount of money going to school. Your best bet is learning a trade.

I have friends who went the entertainment route, they all told me it is nothing like they thought it was, whatever they saw, made them want to go back to being average joes.

You won't make it in the entertainment world without connections, if you don't have connections your wasting your time, its not about talent anymore. I can tell this dude is a teenager they all have the same unrealistic dreams because they haven't experience life yet. I don't want to be a downer but you will see what I mean in the next few years.

If you can't afford to go to school, then how do you ever expect to pay off your loans when your graduate? You will be broke for the rest of your life, especially with this horrible economy, the government won't tell you that we been in a depression since last year. It won't get better.

To make money, you have to have money. Most if not all celebs already had money before they was actors, or had big companies or investors behind them.

mike465

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend's gf did a study abroad year at UNCW, that's my input

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mike465 said:
My friend's gf did a study abroad year at UNCW, that's my input
How is that relevant?

And Jay, yes I am a teenager, as shown by my age on my profile name. I just want to do something fun in life instead of spending 4 years at a school to get a degree, not finding work when I finish school, and earning less than 100k a year.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty much down to 2 options:

1. Go to UNCW again next year, but I don't know what I want my major to be, aside from Exercise Sciences, which would require additional schooling and wouldn't get me rich.

2. Take a semester off to pursue modeling. This would be beneficial to my future but I didn't have any fun this summer. I hate being in Delaware and not seeing girls, or going to parties like I do at college. Haven't even kissed a girl since school ended, much less had sex.

That's what I think it will ultimately come down to.

EDIT: Need to find a new place to live at school. My friend couldn't wait for my decision so he didn't book the apartment. God dammit.

Last edited: