Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What does "I don't know you mean?"

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I don't know you."
"Who are you?"
etc.

As in after we've talked or I've asked them out or something, or even just 30 seconds into a convo. What do girls mean when they say this? Does it mean "I'm not interested" or what?

Last edited:

JasonTodd

Don Juan
Reaction score
andersonsmith969 said:
"I don't know you."
"Who are you?"
etc.

What do girls mean when they say this?
Obviously it means they don't know you. :D haha, but in my experience it is sometimes a **** test.

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
JasonTodd said:
Obviously it means they don't know you.
If it was obvious what it meant, I wouldn't be asking. I honestly have ZERO clue what this means when they say this. It means NOTHING to me.

JasonTodd said:
:D haha, but in my experience it is sometimes a **** test.
Makes sense, but what about the rest of the time?

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Build more attraction/rappor before you ask them out and you won't get these questions.

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
Build more attraction/rappor before you ask them out and you won't get these questions.
Thanks for this answer.

But what if they say these things before I've asked them out/asked for their number? As in 30 seconds into the conversation?

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Give us some examples of your normal pickup conversations. Without knowing what it is exactly you're talking about with these girl it's hard to know where you're going wrong.

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl sitting against wall.

"Hey, thanks for waiting for me, I know I took a long time."
She laughs and turns bright red.
Pulls out her phone.
Pause.
"Alright, so are you ready to go?"
Stares at her phone, can't hear what she says.
"What have you been doing all this time that you've been waiting?"
Doesn't say anything.
Another pause.
Finally looks at me.
"Who are you?"
I leave out of frustration.

All said sarcastically, not like I actually knew her.

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another girl against the wall (haha, coincidence).
I smile and sit down.
"Hi."
She is looking at her phone, doesn't look up.
I tap her on the shoulder.
"Hi."
Looks at me and says hi then goes back to phone.
"What's up?"
Girl looks over.
"I don't know you."

I know, terrible opener, but she pretty much ignored me anyway.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
andersonsmith969 said:
Girl sitting against wall.

"Hey, thanks for waiting for me, I know I took a long time."
She laughs and turns bright red.
Pulls out her phone.
Pause.
"Alright, so are you ready to go?"
Stares at her phone, can't hear what she says.
"What have you been doing all this time that you've been waiting?"
Doesn't say anything.
Another pause.
Finally looks at me.
"Who are you?"
I leave out of frustration.

All said sarcastically, not like I actually knew her.
No offence but that sounds really strange I'm not surprised it didn't go well. You basically used 3 openers in a row when you should have been introducing yourself or making normal conversation to make her feel comfortable.
Next time try using an opener then make small talk to get the conversation flowing.

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As Mike32ct said, its about comfort. It depends on the situation but it usually is NOT a **** test. Its just a sign that she isn't comfortable with you YET. It just means, not yet. Give me a bit more time.

Its a very good sign that shows where you're at in the interaction.

captain A

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Mike32ct.

Sometimes its good to try to notice something that has caught her eye. Like maybe she was checking out the lights or the decor of the club and you can talk about that as a quick opener. You gotta get good at noticing subtle facial expressions in people so you can see what's catching their attention but once you start seeing it, you always have an instant in because you can immediately jump on her wavelength. ...this is also good for just socializing in general.

Then once you've opened you can much more easily gauge where she's at as far as wanting to hook up, wanting to talk to people...etc....If she's receptive, you'll know and then you can start getting a little clever with your conversation. If she's not, your exit won't be so awkward because you just made a friendly comment or two.

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what you guys say it sounds like I'm bailing out too early--usually my interactions don't go past a few minutes, either because she doesn't seem interested and I leave or she bails. It's like slowly over time they'll start paying less attention to the conversation and to their laptop/phone whatever until I'm forced to leave.

What is preventing me from reaching that "hook" point?

I guess I don't like the idea of spending too much time talking to one girl because I am either A) busy or B) it seems like 10-15 minutes is showing too much interest, and I never get enough interest that makes me feel like I should keep spending time talking to her.

@captain

What about banter, report, etc. I thought that came first.

I only looked this up to see what SS has to say, I don't actually follow this format, but in Tips section sticky:

2. HOW TO ASK FOR A PHONE NUMBER

After having brought up a convo, tell her you gotta run. Don’t waste too much time talking to a girl. Smother her with attention, and then withdraw it. In and out. As you start to leave, tell her “well gotta run now, why don’t you let me have your number I’ll give you a call sometime.” You can also try asking for her email, but I find most girls will give their number anyway.

This is pretty much exactly what I've been doing.

And I get "I don't know you" or I ask her out instead of getting her number and she says she doesnt know me.

But...

The whole point of going out is to get to know each other. And I thought girls gave out their number like candy these days. I've having trouble getting them to just give me their number, let alone go on dates.

I should make a new thread on this I suppose.

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that sounds like serial killer pick up 101. You are definitely giving off some sort of nervous energy creep vibe. You have to relax, smile and be playful.

rhythmic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you're acting like you know them, which obviously isn't the case.

Occasionally, women do say things that make perfect sense!