Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starbucks: The biggest **** blocker in america

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I recently mentioned in a previous thread I have completely taken out the internet I cut off the internet in my house so that I can get more work done and be happier in general so I rented an office and I work out of there but I also enjoy going to the local Starbucks which is like right next to my office.. and you know I have come to a startling revelation. At least for me it is…

Starbucks is ****blockin you bro lol. And it’s ****ed up because they have made their niche kinda as the hook up spot for couples on dates and ****. Then you have guys cruising starbucks for the sole reason of trying to run game or spot girls. It isn’t happening.

See, because I am happily married and because I’m seriously trying to work, I am able to look at **** now from a 100% unbiased standpoint. And I’ve come to the following conclusions

1. No one ****ing comes to Starbucks and sits down under normal circumstances. This is the main reason why taking a woman out to “coffee” is about is futile an exercise as trying to get the ching chong potato meme dude to play Schindler’s list on the piano. Because neither of you are in your element. You don’t’ want to ****ing be there, she doesn’t want to ****ing be there. Because neither of you want to be there, the entire ****ing facade is fake. So you sit there and you are faking being happy and you are having this fake conversation and you are trying to pretend like you come to places like this all the time and it’s all bull ****.

I mean, starbucks is worse than being AFC. Taking a broad to starbucks is telegraphing “hey I want to **** you but I’m too afraid to make a hard move so I’m going to take you here and pretend I give a **** about you and what the **** you have to say and how your day was”. I mean do you know how many times the avg HB8 has been to starbucks she probably knows the menu like the back of her hand and the only time she goes is when her mom is paying for it or when some dude like you wants to try to impress her and takes her there she knows what the **** you want only you won’t say it so she will milk you dry but won’t give you any play.

2. A guy in starbucks is worse than a regular AFC male on the street. Because everything about Starbucks screams hey I’m a hipster metro-sexual (at best). The gay ****ing music, the gay dude behind the counter, the gay ass ****ing menu of food they have that is not editable. In other words you aren’t even letting her reject YOU, she doesn’t get to meet YOU and your quirks and your likes and dislikes she’s rejecting the tired ass move you made. I mean have you ever just sat around and looked at the normal men in starbucks who aren’t working? There is nothing masculine or sexual about any of them.

3. But you think hey I’m smarter than that. I’m at starbucks I’m just cursing the scene trying to get numbers. Bro look.. girls in starbucks are worse than girls in the club. They have their ***** shield on def-con 4 and they aren’t drunk. They know what the **** you are doing there looking slick in the corner by yourself. They come to starbucks in their 200 dollar jeans and their skin tight shirts and their snow boots and make up done all sweet. They re clubbing without the alcohol bro. but unlike the club skanks who have low moral character these *****es think they are too good for you to mack them and give it up. They are usually stuck up ****s who think their **** doesn’t stink. So you talk to these girls and think that all girls in general are ****s based off starbucks girls.

Starbucks has single handily set men back a good bit. In the last 2 weeks I’ve probably seen what … maybe 5-6 what look like dates and besides a couple who were well over 40 all over each other I didn’t see one that looked like the girl was remotely close to enjoying herself.

Do yourself a favor and leave starbucks alone. Find some **** more interesting. In all my single years I went on close to 100 first dates probably and out of all of them only one of them was a positive starbucks experience and she approached me. And it technically was Barnes and noble not starbucks

PS edit- if you want that type of girl and I’ve said this before and no one listens, take your ass down to the local library. It’s an untapped goldmine. Libraries do more than just rent out books bro. they are culture centers now. You go and you can find out about all the free jazz concerts, the free poetry readings all that good artsy ****

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never believed in Starbucks. If you broke as sht I guess it might work out but if I actually like a girl I'm going to take her to a nice restaurant because I like good food! Now I'm not talking about Red Lobster or Papadeux or something but it will be a step down from that. That's if I want to take the girl out. Majority of the time she comes straight to my crib for the "first date". (the cute girls but not fine) This applies all earlier this year before I got in this relationship.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny, I stopped going to coffee places, especially starbucks, for most of the reasons you mentioned, except I was never really able to put it into words. When I was (even) younger I used to go there all the time, I would go to them regularly to try to pick up girls. Only succeeded once, but back then I was day-game shy and underage for most nearby clubs.

Today, I can't stand the pretentiousness. People from my youth group (that I rarely attend) go there ALL the time, and it's very entertaining to watch some of these guys. You'll see people on apple computers looking busy, but you can tell that they aren't doing anything of much substance, especially if they're women. My own cousin has fallen into the need to buy an apple computer for school, and told me that she is still learning how to use her word processor.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a strange post. I've dated/had sex with women I met at starbucks for the first date and can't say it has ever been an issue. If a girl likes you, it doesn't really matter where you go on the first date.

Renegade357

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People do it because it's like $7. The end.

I always opt for bars personally. I want to be in a booth with the girl 1 on 1 for an hour and watch her drink a beer.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starbucks is the Budweiser of coffee and I don't drink it.

But I've had many first dates at other coffee shops that ended well for me.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pdx1138 said:
Starbucks is the Budweiser of coffee and I don't drink it.

But I've had many first dates at other coffee shops that ended well for me.
Im' not talking about coffee shops in general. that would be like you saying that I hate all PC's beucase I hate apples/macs.

The brand, everything that starbucks stands for, from the ****ty food to the ****ty indie/fake jazz music to the over priced ****ty coffee reeks of trying too hard and non masculinity.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
I hate these godforasken places with a passion, in the UK we have lots of variants of starbucks, al with the same clientele, you are supposed to go there drink coffee and chat....int eh background you have what sounds like a fccikng steam engine venting pressure every 20-30 seconds...is there any way of making coffee quietly? let me think...
it wont stop you gettign laid if you are really into each other but those places are generally for females doing the girly thing and as BB says, the metro sexuals

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was having trouble putting this phenomena into words myself hahaha. It's OK to visit time to time but not overly-frequent since a lot of what you've mentioned takes place here on the east coast too. If any chick catches you looking, the next second they put their headphones in or fire up their laptops/cellphones. Yes, these women are going into Starbucks ready to defend themselves from flocks of guys hitting on them by wearing fake-as$ rings, preoccupying themselves with supposed textbooks and studyguides, etc. They ran a story on this on the D.C. news LOL. No surprise there.

As far as daygaming, I've had far better luck randomly approaching on the street or in other stores. As for the first date option, I've done better taking a few of them to a bar and back to their place or mine.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
I like Starbucks, for cold approaching. One of the better girls I got was at Starbucks when I approached her.

Difference though, is I don't hang out there. I don't bring my laptop, sit down with a mocha in the corner, and try to look cool. Fwck that, I don't need a facade. I walk in, approach girls, walk out without buying anything. The girl I met at Starbucks, I told her I saw her from outside and came in just to talk to her. After I was done, I left.

Never brought a date to Starbucks.

I wanna try the library. It's been on my mind, but I haven't really done it. The train station has been another gold mine for me, but unfortunately many girls who are there live far away.

EDIT: didn't realize this is a trashing of just starbucks and not coffee shops in general. I never paid enough attention to notice the difference lol, they play jazz music? Never even noticed. When I'm there its for one reason only and I make no pretense

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
i agree with bokanovsky. Starbucks is by no means my favorite hangout, but I have started out plenty of relationships with some very good looking women based on a first meeting at the local starbucks. The dates tend to be cheap (like $7) and relatively comfortable. It gives the two of us an hour to see if we like each other, and if we do we set something up better for subsequent dates. Fvck the sh*tty coffee or whatever, get together with a girl for a bit and let your personality shine.

One of the girls I'm fvcking now, we've been seeing each other for over 2 years and we originally met at a starbucks.
I agree with Bradd. At least my Starbucks is full of chicks who are there for the sole reason to be gamed. But I live in a college town, so my circumstances could be different.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
As I recently mentioned in a previous thread I have completely taken out the internet I cut off the internet in my house so that I can get more work done and be happier in general so I rented an office and I work out of there but I also enjoy going to the local Starbucks which is like right next to my office.. and you know I have come to a startling revelation. At least for me it is…

Starbucks is ****blockin you bro lol. And it’s ****ed up because they have made their niche kinda as the hook up spot for couples on dates and ****. Then you have guys cruising starbucks for the sole reason of trying to run game or spot girls. It isn’t happening.

See, because I am happily married and because I’m seriously trying to work, I am able to look at **** now from a 100% unbiased standpoint. And I’ve come to the following conclusions

1. No one ****ing comes to Starbucks and sits down under normal circumstances. This is the main reason why taking a woman out to “coffee” is about is futile an exercise as trying to get the ching chong potato meme dude to play Schindler’s list on the piano. Because neither of you are in your element. You don’t’ want to ****ing be there, she doesn’t want to ****ing be there. Because neither of you want to be there, the entire ****ing facade is fake. So you sit there and you are faking being happy and you are having this fake conversation and you are trying to pretend like you come to places like this all the time and it’s all bull ****.

I mean, starbucks is worse than being AFC. Taking a broad to starbucks is telegraphing “hey I want to **** you but I’m too afraid to make a hard move so I’m going to take you here and pretend I give a **** about you and what the **** you have to say and how your day was”. I mean do you know how many times the avg HB8 has been to starbucks she probably knows the menu like the back of her hand and the only time she goes is when her mom is paying for it or when some dude like you wants to try to impress her and takes her there she knows what the **** you want only you won’t say it so she will milk you dry but won’t give you any play.

2. A guy in starbucks is worse than a regular AFC male on the street. Because everything about Starbucks screams hey I’m a hipster metro-sexual (at best). The gay ****ing music, the gay dude behind the counter, the gay ass ****ing menu of food they have that is not editable. In other words you aren’t even letting her reject YOU, she doesn’t get to meet YOU and your quirks and your likes and dislikes she’s rejecting the tired ass move you made. I mean have you ever just sat around and looked at the normal men in starbucks who aren’t working? There is nothing masculine or sexual about any of them.

3. But you think hey I’m smarter than that. I’m at starbucks I’m just cursing the scene trying to get numbers. Bro look.. girls in starbucks are worse than girls in the club. They have their ***** shield on def-con 4 and they aren’t drunk. They know what the **** you are doing there looking slick in the corner by yourself. They come to starbucks in their 200 dollar jeans and their skin tight shirts and their snow boots and make up done all sweet. They re clubbing without the alcohol bro. but unlike the club skanks who have low moral character these *****es think they are too good for you to mack them and give it up. They are usually stuck up ****s who think their **** doesn’t stink. So you talk to these girls and think that all girls in general are ****s based off starbucks girls.

Starbucks has single handily set men back a good bit. In the last 2 weeks I’ve probably seen what … maybe 5-6 what look like dates and besides a couple who were well over 40 all over each other I didn’t see one that looked like the girl was remotely close to enjoying herself.

Do yourself a favor and leave starbucks alone. Find some **** more interesting. In all my single years I went on close to 100 first dates probably and out of all of them only one of them was a positive starbucks experience and she approached me. And it technically was Barnes and noble not starbucks

PS edit- if you want that type of girl and I’ve said this before and no one listens, take your ass down to the local library. It’s an untapped goldmine. Libraries do more than just rent out books bro. they are culture centers now. You go and you can find out about all the free jazz concerts, the free poetry readings all that good artsy ****
I support this post 100%.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have an unhealthy hate of Starbucks. Besides, in MODERN society, there is NO good pick up spot. Now that everyone has a $500 smartphone and a Facebook account, our society is BEYOND antisocial. You have men in the 30's who STILL only hang out with friends that they met in grade 3.

Girls? In general, they want nothing to do with you if you're not already in their social circle. Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, bookstore, grocery store, whatever. Different type of crowd, but same sh1t. The internet, smartphones and Facebook don't disappear when you leave Starbucks.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
You have an unhealthy hate of Starbucks. Besides, in MODERN society, there is NO good pick up spot. Now that everyone has a $500 smartphone and a Facebook account, our society is BEYOND antisocial. You have men in the 30's who STILL only hang out with friends that they met in grade 3.

Girls? In general, they want nothing to do with you if you're not already in their social circle. Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, bookstore, grocery store, whatever. Different type of crowd, but same sh1t. The internet, smartphones and Facebook don't disappear when you leave Starbucks.
\

Saying I have an unhealthy hate of starbucks is like telling someone they have an unhealthy hate of fascism lol. you really can't hate Fascism too much. that's how I feel about starbucks.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I guess I see the point but the same the thing could be said for any coffee shop where the price of a cup is more than $2.

Why such the hate on Starbucks?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to a certain extent you are correct, there is something to be said about drinking over priced ****ty coffee and trying to look cool regardless of where you go and even more to say about a guy who tries to impress a girl doing these things when he doesn't do so in everyday life.

however if you think that my rant is about over priced coffee you are missing the forest in the trees. Starbucks isn't coffee. Starbucks in itself is it's own entity. In other words, there is a certain type of dude who gets on a date and thinks automatically well first date = starbucks. not first date = coffee shop.

there is a certain type of dude who thinks that taking agirl to starbucks, not any ole coffee shop will make him seem "in" or "cool" or "interested/high quality". There is also a guy who thinks that girls at starbucks, are better/eaiser trhan girls that you meet in say, a bar beucase they are well at starbucks and IMHO nothing could be further from the truth.

Starbucks has kinda marketed this laid back cool Seattle vibe coffee shop thing where everyone goes and chills and everyone is nice to each other and girls go there and guys go there and people talk over coffee and ****ty food but that's not the case. girls go there to talk to girls and have their ***** shilds on just as much as if they were in a club and even if they were interested in you, the metro sexual beau choix esque attitude /atmosphere isn't actually helping you unless she had you dead to rights regardless.

throw in the fact that it's a pretty much agreed upon fact on SS as stated in the DJ bible that one of the things you have to do to keep a woman interested is to set yourself apart from the rest of your competition so to speak

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15548

and nothing says I'm' different lke being the 4th guy who has taken her to starbucks this year lol.. it's the DJ equivalent to friendly fire. dont' do it. go somewhere else.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who has been to a Starbucks maybe 10 times in my life (not a coffee drinker and never to hang out, strictly to get a hot chocolate with a long term gf), my question is...why? Why would anyone take a date to Starbucks? When I was single, I go on dates to get laid. Pure and simple. The best way to accomplish that is to either have a date at your place, or at a fun, cool, bar where they serve adult beverages. Never in a million years would I offer a date to go to Starbucks, and if she offered it, I would say no.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met my girlfriend in one and dated many many girls I've met at that.

jammer

Banned
Reaction score
cordon and backbreaker, if you guys don't like it that's great then don't go. For the rest of us, starbucks is a great place to take a date where you can meet for a quick hour in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. Starbucks are great because they're not too upscale like a fancy restaurant, and it's not too low class like a dunkin donuts. It's somewhere in the middle. It's also a nice way to gauge her interest level and see whether she's a golddigger as well as how difficult she will be as a potential girlfriend, by judging her response to your starbucks suggestion.

There's lots of them, so it's never a problem finding one that is close to both you and your prospective date. Plus, for people in colder climates like New York or Canada, a starbucks can be a great place to meet for much of the year when it's cold.

Is it a perfect first date spot? No. But it's not an entirely bad one either. For some people, it's not their cup of tea, but for others it is. If you don't like it, then don't use it.

As for the DJ Bible, why do you have to follow everything it says to the letter? Backbreaker sometimes you sound like a sosuave version of a Christian fundamentalist. Go out there and make your own rules. Use what works, and get rid of what doesn't.

Bottom line, Backbreaker you claim that starbucks is america's biggest c0ckblocker.. but reading all the responses here from guys who are banging girls as a result of meeting them at a starbucks proves otherwise.

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares?? if you like starbucks or whatever coffee place, then go there. If not then don't. Simple. And as for the OP, those "dates" you saw, probably wouldn't have made any difference if the dudes took them to Vegas. Those girls just weren't interested. A lot of you guys need to realize that women decide how interested they are long before you open your damn mouth, lol; doesn't make a damn bit of difference where you take them.