Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Colorado shooter: Was he a virgin? Serious question.

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
So with all this hype surrounding the Aurora shooting incident and James Holmes, a thread has popped up in the AE forum... I've noticed, though, that it has evolved into a heated argument about gun restrictions, the 2nd amendment, government rights, etc., instead of actually focusing on the shooter himself and his motive. So let's get back to the original issue: What was his motive? What was his upbringing like? What type of mental illness, if any, did he have? What was he like compared to other mass shooters?

After watching videos and reading articles here and there, it turns out the guy was very bright, had formerly attended a Phd. program in neuroscience, was high-functioning, and was a "quiet and easy-going guy." In other words, he was the last guy you'd expect to do something so monstrous.

So what made him explode? If we take a look at shooters like Seung-hui Cho (Virginia Tech massacre), Anders Brevik, or the Columbine shooters, we will see that many of these guys had something in common: difficulty with the opposite sex, involuntary celibacy (almost certainly all virgins, although there are rumours that Holmes went through a break-up), of above-average intelligence, and they became more socially-withdrawn as the days of each respective shooting arrived.

This seems to fit the profile of many people on this forum, myself included, and the classic AFC. James Holmes, the theater shooter, I'm guessing, was an AFC, if not 'way-below' AFC. In addition, he had been described as a loner.

So the question is, what the f** has happened to our generation? Most AFCs do not become school shooters, but I'm willing to bet there are hundreds and hundreds of men out there, who, due to sexual frustration, are seething with anger and becoming more and more introverted and withdrawn. Can we blame feminism on this? Has feminism led to an entire nation of pvssified betas, cowards, and clueless white knights? On the other hand, has feminism given females too much power in sexual choice, therefore giving a small elite of alphas a monopoly on the Game? I really don't know. I really would like to hear some answers... Every year one of these shootings happens, it feels to me like it's a cry for help, not just for the shooters themselves, but an entire generation of men just like them. Ever since Columbine, these shootings have become so common that they are now an identifiable social phenomenon and a significant part of Western popular culture. Something, somewhere went wrong.

There is a video of Holmes when he was 18, giving a presentation on neuroscience. He was young, bright, ambitious, clear-minded, and had a future ahead of him. Scarily enough, I see a little bit of myself in what Holmes used to be like before he became withdrawn. I'm sure there are other guys on this forum would, too.

Thoughts?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Go write him a letter and find out.

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe is it related to not being able to pick-up chicks, but it goes deeper than that... I mean the problem is the way they go about things. Those shooters kill innocent people because of their anger towards a group of specific people that rejected them, inslut them, didn't give them the time of the day.

They have no right to be angry, because you come to this world empty handed, it is your duty to go ahead and aim for the stars. But these guys are convinced that all they have to do, is excellent in academic programs and people will like them.... They don't work on social skills, they don't learn to talk to women. They rather just complain and complain, until they get their "revenge"

Our generation is so focus on sex, that you are automatically a loser for not getting enough. You are a loser because you don't get women, a loser because you are not ''cool''

We, as a society, create the perfect melting pot for those incident to happen. Plus we have a bunch of Hollywood movies, about commiting crimes without getting caught. So we got a major depress guy that cannot confirm to society standard and always bullied, yelled at, insulted. This is what it create in the long run.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
You don't go shooting up a movie theatre in a fit of rage because you're a virgin and bad with women. What he did was calculated and methodical. His apartment was even booby trapped. People think because he was a med student with above average intelligence and appeared to live a normal life that he must have been a good guy. This is the modus operandi of a high functioning sociopath. They are extremely good at blending in. Look at Ted Bundy. He was in law school, while raping and killing coeds on the side.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Many thanks, Jibbles for an interesting piece.

Indeed, what did go wrong....

My own perspective on many modern ills, is that some of these incidents can be attributed to the very unnatural way society has evolved. Those that at one time would have a place high on a societys hierachy, have now been pushed aside, and this leaves them dumbfounded. You can add into the mix, the completely bizarre dynamic that has unfolded between men and women. That is to say, that once upon a time, for time immermorium, boy meets girl, they express interest, she is careful to choose correctly as pregnancy and single motherdom meant poverty. Couple is formed. Now we have the pill, stopping couple formations, normal striving men are not really good enough = materialism is all around, dating websites offer women unlimited choice, god the list is endless.....

I think that these kinda incidents will become more and more common.

Thankyou liberalism, feminism and al the other quakery that has destroyed our traditional values society

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think, by looking at the pictures/videos of this reptile, that this thing possibly did acid or other mind-altering drugs (studying neuroscience), and this coupled with being from a wealthy family in a Wealthy school U of Colorado - Boulder (Boulder is Very expensive to live in..a 2000 sq ft house built in like 1919 is in the ballpark of $400,000 to $500,000). Kids who go there are, on the whole, Rich. This kid, although 24 (today's norm for being a kid still whereas in the past it was 17 or 18 when a kid passed over into becoming a man), had reached a critical mass in EGO, in his reptilian animal thinking of himself and thus lowering of thoughts of most everyone else (all mere mortals kinda self-appointment of himself to god-status). Psychopathic, in the same vein of killer Dahmer, Bundy, etc etc. Massive egos and no regard for any other human, as if a sick everyone else is 'stupid' but me. I believe that there are several more psychopaths out there than we believe there to be walking around (especially in lofty positions, bankers etc, worldwide), who covertly act out on their views of others as being way beneath them, laughing at them as being 'stupid.' This was strictly a kid, who thought he was better than everyone else, and acting out on his hate for others. There are psychopaths running the show in elite positions who wreak financial havoc on the masses, yet nothing ever happens to them. They just say, "I'm sorry" and be on their way with a $100 million severance pay. See Barclays, see MF Global, see JPM all psychopaths slaughter the little/middle man financially, walking away with millions hourly.

Reaction score
I doubt he was a virgin at 24, but he might have only had 1 or 2 short-lived sex partners.

He had an axe to grind against a society that didn't hand him over the free poon just because he was a smart guy. I'm guessing his parents and teachers praised him so much as a kid, it went to his head and it floored him when he noticed that social interaction didn't come as easily.

Yes, the stupid guys get more than you do. Improve yourself and get on their level. Sadly, the first step is getting over yourself and it didn't look like he was able to...

spang

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MrJibbles said:
After watching videos and reading articles here and there, it turns out the guy was very bright, had formerly attended a Phd. program in neuroscience, was high-functioning, and was a "quiet and easy-going guy." In other words, he was the last guy you'd expect to do something so monstrous.

So what made him explode? If we take a look at shooters like Seung-hui Cho (Virginia Tech massacre), Anders Brevik, or the Columbine shooters, we will see that many of these guys had something in common: difficulty with the opposite sex, involuntary celibacy (almost certainly all virgins, although there are rumours that Holmes went through a break-up), of above-average intelligence, and they became more socially-withdrawn as the days of each respective shooting arrived.
?
this is exactly the point ive been trying to make with people and they wont listen. theyre too busy blaming guns and each other. being shut out of society tears away your humanity, i know because ive been through it. i learned to deal with it like a man.
with the amount of disrespect people show each other today, is it any wonder people are shooting up public places? they snap because they cant take it anymore. the columbine shooters were the same thing...bullied to insanity and angry. emotions make people do crazy things.
why do people not see this? they refuse to step back and examine themselves. people have to make their own choices, the choice this guy made was wrong, but society does play a huge part.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
badboyjmm said:
Maybe is it related to not being able to pick-up chicks, but it goes deeper than that... I mean the problem is the way they go about things. Those shooters kill innocent people because of their anger towards a group of specific people that rejected them, inslut them, didn't give them the time of the day.

They have no right to be angry, because you come to this world empty handed, it is your duty to go ahead and aim for the stars. But these guys are convinced that all they have to do, is excellent in academic programs and people will like them.... They don't work on social skills, they don't learn to talk to women. They rather just complain and complain, until they get their "revenge"

Our generation is so focus on sex, that you are automatically a loser for not getting enough. You are a loser because you don't get women, a loser because you are not ''cool''

We, as a society, create the perfect melting pot for those incident to happen. Plus we have a bunch of Hollywood movies, about commiting crimes without getting caught. So we got a major depress guy that cannot confirm to society standard and always bullied, yelled at, insulted. This is what it create in the long run.
Totally agree.

1) People think straight A's/lots of money should guarantee girls have sex with you. Does not work that way.

2) Hollywood messes you up royally. People see these young stars getting laid, becoming rich, looking fabulous, having tons of friends and people adoring them, committing crimes with no penalty, and they think they are entitled to it.

I used to think the exact same way. I thought people cared about me, I thought I was entitled to sex from the hottest girl because I was a virgin. I thought If I saved up all my money, the girls would call me. I thought i was too cool for sex with an average girl, I deserve a supermodel for the first time. I thought I would get straight As, go to college, graduate, get a job, buy a house, find a hot wife and live happily ever after.

How immature I was back then...but I didn't take anyones life.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
evansblue said:
What he did was calculated and methodical. His apartment was even booby trapped. People think because he was a med student with above average intelligence and appeared to live a normal life that he must have been a good guy. This is the modus operandi of a high functioning sociopath.
...Said the Government who brought us Fast and Furious (that killed a conservative 2200 people so far, including many police and 200 Americans). That was when Obama and Holder gave away TRUCK LOADS OF guns that would be used in crimes and linked back to provide statistics to demonize the 2nd Amendment.

For those who disagree - make sure to get your H1N1 Flu shot, and especially get your pregnant wife vaccinated. Take two. The Government says it will keep you safer.

Last edited:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody wants to attach their own pet political causes to this shooting. People are opportunists.

This kid was mentally ill. Rampage shooters are a diverse lot by race, income, marital status, etc. They have a couple things in common though. Recent failure and mental illness. If there's anything to take from this it's that people cannot be forgotten by family and friends when they fail and show signs of mental illness. If they are this kind of monstrosity happens.

ken chang

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would actually love to blame this on Feminism. But the truth is, it could've been anything. Bullying at school, abusive parents, or maybe he was just plain psycho. Sometimes people just do bad things for no reason. Not everything has an explanation.

Bumsniff

Banned
Reaction score
I called it as soon as it happened. Politicians and everyone else would use the bodies as podiums to stand on and spew their bvllcrap at trying to sway voters and for their own gain. CBS already tried to say he was linked to the colorado Tea Party..when their was no proof (which who in the media needs that these days) they 'apologized' but knew damn well they threw out that statement to let the morons run wild with and make it 'true'.

It won't stop this time or the next. Every tragedy politicians use for airtime and trying to get their way.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrJibbles said:
What was his motive?
They asked the lead investigator on the case that same question, and not wanting to break the spirit of opening weekend for The Dark Knight Rises he replied, "Yea, Turns out that guy was just BAT sh!t crazy. Yea, he had some BATS in the old belfry."

Thanks, I'm here all week.

But seriously, I'm going to an open mic show this Saturday and I'm gonna open with that joke :) I'll let you know how it goes :rockon:

Ihateinitiatingalot7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
badboyjmm said:

well it frustrates many men because they hate getting rejected, they hate, despise, loathe on how women are attracted to confidence, high-status men, guys that take-charge, control, lead, they hate women for not being attracted to weaklings, they hate the standards that women have, and not just that, they hate how guys have to earn it in order to get laid, but girls don't have to, girls have the final say when it comes to sex, as in, girls don't need social-skills or know how to talk to guys as much as we guys have to have social-skills and know how to talk to girls, girls simply just have to "exist" in order to get a guy, but guys, it's more complicated than that, it comes down to many things