Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Roissy vs Heartiste

FLGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember Roissy, had a post about how the Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher marriage and how it would fail. I thought for sure it he would of written something about it since their current woes validated his prediction.

And add the Roissy.wordpress.com being taken down vs heartiste.wordpress.com, which I found weird, that usually happens when wordpress bans a blog.

Does anyone here (Rollo?) know roissy, A small part of me thinks that there is something fishy going on there.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was an earlier thread about this...some people suggested that the original writer is no longer associated with it. That's plausible. Sometimes I think the quality has gone downhill, but that may be because my mind was poisoned with prejudice based on what other people said. I do find myself reading it less frequently, and am especially indifferent to its lame political rantings. Not saying I don't agree sometimes, but I just don't need to get that kind of content from a site about relationships.

I've definitely been preferring Rollo's Rational Male site - it's much better balanced in its tone and not as knee-jerk defensive.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FLGuy said:
I remember Roissy, had a post about how the Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher marriage and how it would fail. I thought for sure it he would of written something about it since their current woes validated his prediction.
He predicted that a celebrity marriage would end in divorce?
Wow, the guy must be a psychic.
:rolleyes:

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Roissy is a master both with the word and the subject...not sure who Heartiste is but I have stopped reading as the quality has gone.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roissy/heartiste seems like he really used to enjoy himself and his life a few years ago. Now he just sounds kind of like an old curmudgeon, upset about loose women and immigrants.

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Roissy's writing was probably the best I've ever read. He may be Heartiste but a different person is writing the new stuff....

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Window,
"Roissy's writing was probably the best I've ever read. He may be Heartiste but a different person is writing the new stuff".......I agree,Roissy at his best is inspired....just as the British could identify a Morse code operator in the last War by his or her touch,surely we can identify articles on Heartiste as being sometimes the genuine article but many times the work of an understudy..

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
"Nearly two years ago, the original Chateau host predicted that Ashton Kutcher was cheating on his cougar love, Demi:" ???

original host?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps it seems like the writing has gone downhill because after his first couple of revelatory years, there are only so many other ways he can drive home the same points. His initial couple of years were genius. Lately it's been a lot of political nonsense, complaining about feminism (which I understand but it's like preaching to the choir for me), articles about how "science keeps proving him right," etc. Maybe I already agree with him enough that it's laborious to read because I'm not a recovering AFC. Still, the blog has done a huge service for the community and tells a lot of unpleasant truths, which I salute.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
Perhaps it seems like the writing has gone downhill because after his first couple of revelatory years, there are only so many other ways he can drive home the same points. His initial couple of years were genius. Lately it's been a lot of political nonsense, complaining about feminism (which I understand but it's like preaching to the choir for me), articles about how "science keeps proving him right," etc. Maybe I already agree with him enough that it's laborious to read because I'm not a recovering AFC. Still, the blog has done a huge service for the community and tells a lot of unpleasant truths, which I salute.
You can pretty much say the same thing about the early years of sosuave, guys like Anti-Dump, Pook & Senor Fingers were giants in terms of their insight. Even Pook himself started out as an inspiring DJ who later on gone deeper into a more negative tone with his assessment of the matriarchy.

When it comes to understanding women, the more knoweldge you seek about them the more you are going to find out that you are not going to like.

Roissy had a good quote: "If love is a little white lie, then I don't want to know the truth"

On somethings it may be good to stay in the dark, taking the red pill won't bring you happiness but reality.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Heartiste is Roissy, you'll just have to trust me on that.

And he did do a follow up on the Kutcher / Moore breakup:
http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/another-cougar-bites-the-dust/
But who is Roissy?

In one of his old Roissy posts ( I believe either early 2011 or 2010) he actually implied there were different writers and the people commenting asked him about it and he never answered them.

In several other posts he did the same thing by implying the writer has indeed changed.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the inherent dangers of becoming the go-to guy on Game or anything that rubs the feminine defined reality the wrong way is that you paint a pretty big target on yourself. Literally and figuratively.

I'm not a proponent of Roissy's politics, but I definitively co-sign with his perspective on intergender relations. Now, which of these stances earns him the most vitriol? His writings about gender; that's how important it is to defend the feminine imperative for the masses of online feminists and manginas. They can ignore his political screeds as just some right-wing crank, but they become so irate with his perspective intergender dynamics that they seek to do him personal and professional harm.

If you've noticed a change in Roissy's writing style, it's primarily due to having had to deal with 'real life' threats intended to destroy him personally to the point he's had to change his online monicker (Heartiste). You are only as anonymous online as your opinions make you nondescript. Piss off the wrong aspergers troll or Jezebel fanatic and they will hunt you down digitally. I'm becoming more aware of this as my own blog becomes more popular. Guy's writing in the manosphere put their lives and reputations at risk to do so.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
One of the inherent dangers of becoming the go-to guy on Game or anything that rubs the feminine defined reality the wrong way is that you paint a pretty big target on yourself. Literally and figuratively.

I'm not a proponent of Roissy's politics, but I definitively co-sign with his perspective on intergender relations. Now, which of these stances earns him the most vitriol? His writings about gender; that's how important it is to defend the feminine imperative for the masses of online feminists and manginas. They can ignore his political screeds as just some right-wing crank, but they become so irate with his perspective intergender dynamics that they seek to do him personal and professional harm.

If you've noticed a change in Roissy's writing style, it's primarily due to having had to deal with 'real life' threats intended to destroy him personally to the point he's had to change his online monicker (Heartiste). You are only as anonymous online as your opinions make you nondescript. Piss off the wrong aspergers troll or Jezebel fanatic and they will hunt you down digitally. I'm becoming more aware of this as my own blog becomes more popular. Guy's writing in the manosphere put their lives and reputations at risk to do so.
I see this also as a testament to how important and relevant the message is. If it weren't, no one would care.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
But who is Roissy?

In one of his old Roissy posts ( I believe either early 2011 or 2010) he actually implied there were different writers and the people commenting asked him about it and he never answered them.

In several other posts he did the same thing by implying the writer has indeed changed.
I think there was a time where he literally went undercover - and there were some guest writers - and most of them were crap. The old Roissy style seems to be back now though, so maybe he is again doing all the writing.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
I think there was a time where he literally went undercover - and there were some guest writers - and most of them were crap. The old Roissy style seems to be back now though, so maybe he is again doing all the writing.
That actually makes the most sense. He has a style that is very hard to imitate. I would have a hard time believing that a whole crew of writers could write in that style, along with his witty rejoinders in the comments section.

I guess it's impossible to know for sure, unless you know him personally. But the main thing is that the quality is back and he seems to still be having fun with it.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same guy, but I think he writes now mostly for the attention, rather than because he's inspired, if you know what I mean. About a year ago I sat down for a couple of days and read every single one of his posts.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FLGuy said:

And add the Roissy.wordpress.com being taken down vs heartiste.wordpress.com, which I found weird, that usually happens when wordpress bans a blog.

Does anyone here (Rollo?) know roissy, A small part of me thinks that there is something fishy going on there.
I wrote a whole thread about this:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189567

As for who actually writes the blog, it's several people. A couple of entries make reference to there having been other writers. Whether it gets handed down to new people over years, or if it's an amalgam of different people making submissions I don't know. Also, wordpress didn't do anything to the blog, whoever owns it just changed the name. If you replace roissy with heartiste in all the old url's, you'll get the original article.