Deangelo's Wedding Video

R

Rubato

http://vimeo.com/29574141

I couldn't believe this.

Deangelo was the first guy I ever read on "PUA" and feel like his influence through his videos and book did a lot to help me start getting my life together.

After I watched this, it made me feel like the guy is full of sh1t.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
After I watched this, it made me feel like the guy is full of sh1t.
He's really not. He's a very clever marketer and for us students of business an example of success.

R

Rubato

Alle_Gory said:
He's really not. He's a very clever marketer and for us students of business an example of success.
There's no question about that. But I wasn't talking about Eban Pagan the marketing guru. I was talking about David Deangelo, the PUA.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"There are no sins in this relationship. No want or request of yours is off-limits... and whatever you ask for, the answer is 'Yes!'"

Hahaha! This guy's a joke. Or is this a set up or something?

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would he change his Jewish name to a Latin (Italian) one?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
Why would he change his Jewish name to a Latin (Italian) one?
Because David DeAngelo is easier to remember than "Eben Pagan". It's a marketing thing, and he also explained that David is the name of the guy that brought down Goliath. Symbolic stuff. You tend to remember sets of words that have similar ends or beginnings.

Rubato said:
There's no question about that. But I wasn't talking about Eban Pagan the marketing guru. I was talking about David Deangelo, the PUA.
David DeAngelo is NOT a "PUA". That term has been twisted and misconstrued and now has all kinds of negative connotations.

Just because he is an instructor for how to be effective with women does NOT mean that he can't get married. He teaches guys to go after emotionally healthy women and maintain healthy relationships. His last two programs were very deep, and more on the relationship side than the meeting women side. He is not limited to just dating tons of women; he's gotten over that and has finally decided to settle down. There's nothing wrong with that, and it does NOT invalidate what he teaches.

R

Rubato

Vice said:
David DeAngelo is NOT a "PUA". That term has been twisted and misconstrued and now has all kinds of negative connotations.

Just because he is an instructor for how to be effective with women does NOT mean that he can't get married. He teaches guys to go after emotionally healthy women and maintain healthy relationships. His last two programs were very deep, and more on the relationship side than the meeting women side. He is not limited to just dating tons of women; he's gotten over that and has finally decided to settle down. There's nothing wrong with that, and it does NOT invalidate what he teaches.
Getting married doesn't invalidate anything. His vows did. After watching his Advanced Dating Techniques, On Being a Man who Naturally Attracts Women, and Deep Inner Game, a lot of what he said in his vows invalidated several of his core concepts:

One of the big things he hits on in his advanced series is the statement "I keep all of my power for me". He reinforces that concept over and over again.

As vatoloco quoted, his line "There are no sins in this relationship. No want or request of yours is off-limits... and whatever you ask for, the answer is 'Yes!" is probably the most egregious violation of his principles in the vows. That goes against like everything he and the people of sosuave would advocate a man do.

So Vice, I don't care that he got married. I would be happy for any man who finds a high value woman and wants to mutually commit the rest of their lives together. Some of the statements in his vows are what I take issue with.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find DD an egoistic poser. Marketing guru...yes. Role model....no.

"His" techniques are just observations of behavior which works, nothing more. He just packaged it.

His Inner Game series is better but I don't think he got the ideas he presents on inner level....bc he contradicts himself and steers it to conclusion that being a teacher to other men is on top of masculinity pyramid- ego trip.

And yes he loves his own voice.....with a lisp. :eek:

I don't like him I guess.:whistle:

Oh he lost some pounds and grew a nose compared to last time I saw him.

But his bride....no envy there from me. HB4 in my book...possibly a dude.

The speech....incredibly lame, boring and fake.

Anyway....mazeltov

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
Getting married doesn't invalidate anything. His vows did. After watching his Advanced Dating Techniques, On Being a Man who Naturally Attracts Women, and Deep Inner Game, a lot of what he said in his vows invalidated several of his core concepts:

One of the big things he hits on in his advanced series is the statement "I keep all of my power for me". He reinforces that concept over and over again.

As vatoloco quoted, his line "There are no sins in this relationship. No want or request of yours is off-limits... and whatever you ask for, the answer is 'Yes!" is probably the most egregious violation of his principles in the vows. That goes against like everything he and the people of sosuave would advocate a man do.

So Vice, I don't care that he got married. I would be happy for any man who finds a high value woman and wants to mutually commit the rest of their lives together. Some of the statements in his vows are what I take issue with.

Those who can't do, teach, heh.

She was the one being ****y and funny...sorta...over acting too much. He is a joke.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I saw one of his live events once. I got really turned off by his arrogance.
Can you elaborate on this?

And remember that the guy is on one of the biggest days of his life; he can say whatever he wants to say to her. It's not like he has to be ****y and funny ALL the time, and can NEVER say anything that would be "AFC", especially on his wedding day! His standard of what's attractive to him does NOT have to conform to what you or society says is attractive. He does whatever the f*ck he wants, dates whoever the f*ck he wants, and that's pretty much what being a man is all about.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's he's life he can do what the fvck he want's. You people need to realize that sosuave is'nt a way of life.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanelMadr said:
I find DD an egoistic poser. Marketing guru...yes. Role model....no.

"His" techniques are just observations of behavior which works, nothing more. He just packaged it.
This is what I think of him as well. He just copy and pasted material from seduction forums, packaged it, and sold it as his own advice.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Vice, I like your style! Not all jaded and super analyzing.
Good to have a voice of reason on here as a Mod.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only watched half of it. It was really boring, but i didn't see anything in it that makes me think less of the very basic stuff he teaches... Not sure what you guys expect for wedding vows, but this is pretty standard stuff (well talking about expanding sexual fantasies isn't, but other than that.)... I did feel like he was giving a David Deida seminar at points....

Was he C+F? Not really...
Did he neg her? No...
Did he isolate? Probably at the end of the night...

Do i care? No, it's freaking mushy fake wedding vows that almost everyone who gets married does....

The dumbest thing i see here is someone getting married... Otherwise - just a boring clip that you can find 6000 other ones on youtube.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy claims to pull beautiful women, but his bride looks like an anorexic tranny.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"No request is off limit and the answer is yes"????? O...k well, all I can see is that, Well, he's not perfect as this self deception they are engaging in shows. It's just strange that if people can say bs with the right tone and attitude it almost sounds like something of value. Well, maybe he knows something we don't.