Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Scientific proof pertaining to some behaviors women show

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scientific proof that will help you understand why women behave the way they do

I'm a Psychology college student and I'm very interested in behavior, dating, and women. I have a good exposure to the academics and I'm hooked on learning. Enough about me, this is a small database I put together based on my experience. All the info contained here is backed up by research.

Women who wear tiny clothes playing hard to get:

Emotions are officially the most addictive drugs that exists. Developmental psychology recognizes attention (and the chemical reaction in the brain) as being the most sought-after feeling in humans. Think about a baby crying and a mom going to check on him. She has no idea why he's crying, hence, crying catches attention & gets the baby what he needs. If babies who are only a few months old know what to do to get what they want, what do you think a smoking-hot woman can come up with to get what she wants out of you? :rolleyes: Don't get whipped! :trouble:

Give her your full attention and she will be out the door before you can say "I'm a chump." Give an addict a high dose of drugs & he will probably die, just like attraction dies when you give too much attention to a woman. On the other hand, give her few small pills of your attention a week & reward her with a few extra ones when she "behaves" :whistle: and you will have her coming back for more and more.

Sh!t tests:

I'm repulsed by how much the term above appears in this forum. However, it is a must I bring it up. Women will give you tests to see right through you. Psychologically, she is trying to find someone who will keep up with her & has similarities, along with a man who can produce attractive children that will survive to the next generation, and beat the crap out of other males who want to hurt her or her offspring. This is why hitting the gym is important.

She can get 100 times more information in a single 10-second test than by conducting an interview on you. The sh!t test is "lie-proof" according to her mentality because that's what has been working for generations. If you pass 5/10 tests, that's default probability. Yet, if you successfully pass 9/10 chances are you got your game together. Just like if you flipped a coin 10 times and it always lands on the tails side; the coin is probably weighed. This is why building rapport and getting through your target's persona is so important.

Men who grew up without a paternal figure:

Boys who were raised by single mothers have about the same probability to be healthy and lead a normal lifestyle their counterparts who were raised by both parents. Nevertheless, a paternal figure MUST be present in the boys life for him to become a MAN & model healthy social behavior accepted int he culture. This is where many guys are stuck and learned to be sweet boys, better known as AFC's in this forum.

What if you're all grown up already? Well, hangout with some guys who are already successful at meeting women (or whatever your goal may be). By surrounding yourself with people who have more experience, status & confidence, you will most likely blend in to avoid being the outsider (and some chumps will run :whistle: ).

Now, am I saying that you should systematically think about science when you're out with a cutie? Hell no. Stop trying to overanalyze everything and just go for the fish. Are you scared of other men who are smaller and skinnier than you? Most of you will answer no. Then why the HECK would you be scared of a woman who is way weaker than you? Well, there is an area in your cerebral cortex where pain is registered through your central nervous system. When you cut yourself, your nerves put a little note in an envelope that says "this hurts!", and then send it to the brain. Similarly, social rejection "pokes" the same exact area of the brain (through the examination of MRI's) when you get rejected. Hence, it literally hurts.

So what can you do? The mind is the most advanced biological machine that has ever existed. You can literally train your mind to ELIMINATE pain & failure from your reality. A break-up can be a negative experience. Shoosh...so she dumped your sorry butt for some other guy & now you're lonely & frustrated. Nooo....she did you a FAVOR. You need to work on your game and self-esteem before you do this to yourself again. The end of a relationship is the beginning of a better, more fulfilling relationship with a cuter babe.

Dating and life in general are defined by the choices we make. By not talking to people, you are missing out on making new friends. By staying with a psycho girlfriend, you are missing out on a beautiful, healthy woman out there. By denying scientific findings, you chose to stay ignorant. And most importantly, by NOT making a decision, you are, paradoxically, making a decision.

Keep moving forward, fellas! I'll update in the future.

Last edited:

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely agree with everything stated.

+rep

-Scars

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Scars!

Each time I learn one of these diamonds of knowledge, I felt like this information should be available to other men.

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
+1000

Lots of great points; I grew up without a father until I was about 15, and I never thought it hurt me until I realized I am lacking many "manly" attributes that a father would have probably instilled in me. Its a rough road to overcome this and teach myself all my "missing info" but it has to be done.

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men who grew up without a paternal figure:

Boys who were raised by single mothers have about the same probability to be healthy and lead a normal lifestyle their counterparts who were raised by both parents. Nevertheless, a paternal figure MUST be present in the boys life for him to become a MAN & model healthy social behavior accepted int he culture. This is where many guys are stuck and learned to be sweet boys, better known as AFC's in this forum.

What if you're all grown up already? Well, hangout with some guys who are already successful at meeting women (or whatever your goal may be). By surrounding yourself with people who have more experience, status & confidence, you will most likely blend in to avoid being the outsider (and some chumps will run ).
Thats what military conscription was for, to turn boys into men to make sure bratty kids were corrected and wrong cultured guys were tough how to be men.

Anyway science when it collide with politically correctness face the same challenges that faced copernicus against the religious zealots.
Zealots no matter their base all share the same stupidity toward proves.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good post!

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
Thats what military conscription was for, to turn boys into men to make sure bratty kids were corrected and wrong cultured guys were tough how to be men.

Anyway science when it collide with politically correctness face the same challenges that faced copernicus against the religious zealots.
Zealots no matter their base all share the same stupidity toward proves.

That's true! There are also tribes in Africa that have rituals in which boys have to get something done (such as hunting an animal or fighting someone). or something significant to the tribe to become a man in the eyes of others. There are many things (including society) that to control our behavior. If people didn't see girls who give give it up easily to guys as sluts, do you think women would play hard to get as much & be to conceited? Of course not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Influences in our relationship choices & biracial dating

As a child, your family is your number one influence in your decisions with women. Parents move into a certain neighborhoods, participate in certain clubs, and enroll their children in certain schools with the vision that they socialize with people who are similar in race, have a similar levels of educations and social class. Fewer than 1% of marriages in the United States are biracial and 95% of romantic relationships are between people of the same race.

Kinds of love

There are five different kinds of love known to psychology.

I will mention only one as it is related to us. Ludic love is the kind of love in which a lover sees love as a game and refuses to become dependent and doesn't encoura advanced intimacy. Don Juans are ludic lovers, most of us spin several plates at a time and manage interactions so that no one plate spins too fast or is seen too often :rockon:

(See Women who wear tiny clothes playing hard to get).

Women who are clingy and jealous

Attachment is a very important part of growing up when we are children; it refers to creating and developing a bond/relationship with a caregiver who will nurture, love, and take care of you(usually your mom or dad). Women and men who grew up without a proper attachment figure or who were neglected/abused as children develop unhealthy attachments known as ambivalent and rejective as children and dismissive as adults.

When these these women and men date/enter a romantic relationship, they tend to be very jealous (in fear of losing the person who gives the attention they didn't get as children), insecure (they need constant validation and ask you if you find them attractive or love them), controlling (they try to expose you as little to members of the opposite sex as possible to avoid losing you). It is interesting however, how these actions have the complete opposite effect and turn a potential parter away. This is why slvs & vvhores behave the way they do; they misunderstand men wanting to have sex with them for men who care about them. This is why they sleep around so much and want to get your attention at ANY cost. This is also you must avoid being clingy or needy and have your own life, so that you aren't "diagnosed" by these women and given a prescription to the friend zone or the f**k off zone.

Some facts about jealousy

It has been proven by many studies: women want a man who is wanted by other women. This is why you get a lot of girls checking you out and smiling at you when you're out with your girlfriend(or a girl you're seeing) and you get very little attention when you are alone. When women see you with an attractive woman, something happens at the unconscious and conscious levels.

When the female by your arm is more attractive than your admirer, she will do many things to try to get your attention and even flirt with you right in front of her. Why? Well, because she puts the pieces of the puzzle together. "That woman is more attractive than I am and she is seeing this guy. There must be something very good about this guy that contributed to this b!tch being by his side." He is, in other words, socially preselected and the whole chase becomes shorter. This is why it is important to bring you attractive female friends with you to the club when you're getting your groove on. The more you are seen with attractive females, the more magnetic you become. Don't be surprised by women coming up to you asking you things that don't make sense or talk to you for no apparent good reason. Because if you have done your homework, you know exactly what this means (and hopefully) you take it Nike style and just do it (whatever that means to you).

Last edited:

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP has been studying David DeAngelo...

Orchard

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any science. Unless you classify Pick-up related products as research material.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Orchard said:
I'm not seeing any science. Unless you classify Pick-up related products as research material.
Quite a bit of pickup material is derived from books written by prominent figures in the area of psychology, biology, and sociology, as well as leading business thinkers. Especially David DeAngelo's material. He condenses the most pertinent aspects of those books and puts them in his program.

Orchard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Quite a bit of pickup material is derived from books written by prominent figures in the area of psychology, biology, and sociology, as well as leading business thinkers. Especially David DeAngelo's material. He condenses the most pertinent aspects of those books and puts them in his program.
Not to sound too much like I'm living on top of an ivory tower but it's not science when some random guy reads a lot of research papers and books (assuming he's even done that) and gives his opinions on what the most important and pertinent aspects of those materials are.

This is all anecdotal proof of the behaviors women show. And that's all this stuff will ever be until there are legitimate, peer reviewed, studies done. Not to be too picky about semantics, but that's just the way it is.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Orchard said:
Orchard said:
Not to sound too much like I'm living on top of an ivory tower but it's not science when some random guy reads a lot of research papers and books (assuming he's even done that) and gives his opinions on what the most important and pertinent aspects of those materials are.

This is all anecdotal proof of the behaviors women show. And that's all this stuff will ever be until there are legitimate, peer reviewed, studies done. Not to be too picky about semantics, but that's just the way it is.
The data I gather and put in this thread are real. The ideas I describe are based on theories(not my own) that have been reviewed, tested over and over by other scientists who obtained the same results, and published in academic peer-reviewed journals and college textbooks. Obviously I'm not going to list every single source from which I got the ideas. However, if you're concerned with authenticity, PM me and I will refer you to the textbooks that have the specific studies and their corresponding bibliographies.

I don't like talking about myself or showing off. Let's just say I'm qualified to know what a legitimate study is and my peer mentors are graduate students at well-known, research institutions. Now, am I staying I'm a scientist, that I'm better than other people, or that I have more experience with women than some members here? NO. I'm a young student who has many things to learn. I'm learning the information I posted here in my classes and I decided to share so that others who are interested are aware.

Just to that we're clear, the steps in research are:

1. Select a topic
2. Define the problem
3. Review the literature
4. Formulate a hypothesis
5. Choose a research method (Participant observation, Unobtrusive observation, Secondary data, Surveys, Experiments, Documents, just to name a few.)
6. Collect the data
7. Analyze the data
8. Share the results

Orchard: Additionally, even after studies go through the whole screening process, they results are not 100% solid--they are good until better knowledge rolls along. There is always room for improvement in science and things can be 99.99% reliable but they are not the ultimate truth. Should you believe about all studies you read anywhere? Absolutely not. Biases in the statistics or even how you structure questions you ask the subjects can sabotage the study; this is where the peer-reviewed journals come it. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
R

Rubato

Vice said:
I'm always annoyed by the snobbery of the "scientific" types. I'd rather spend my time doing what WORKS rather than carefully screening every "guru" out there for his selection of sources and determining if they're "legitimate and peer-reviewed".
The first part of what you said annoys me. As one of those "scientific types", it takes an amount of work that people who are not "scientific types" probably can't really appreciate to become one. Having a degree in mathematics or a "hard science" requires a totally different level of intellectual and time commitment than does a degree in something like education or communication. As a "scientist", it annoys me when people either try to deal with scientific material on a level beyond their comprehension without an acknowledgment that it is beyond them or worse yet, when people assume the nitty gritty details of the science are irrelevant when compared to the results they produce.

I'm not accusing you of this, but generally when I hear people talking about how scientists or science annoy them, they tend to be lazy people who didn't have what it takes to become a scientist or either have a severe intellectual and/or creative deficit that prevents them from seeing the beauty in knowing how our world works. Science is not a dull topic.

Orchard said:
You know what's awesome? I actually have a lot of fun at my job nerding out and solving problems that the cool kids can't because of my degree. And once more, what's even better is the fact that I can be trained to use the stuff I make in much less time then it would take to train someone to do what I do. So it's almost like I'm objectively better then the people for whom I do my work for.

And I agree, it is a great program. Because we both get to derive a superiority complex from it. Sadly, I think only one of us was being sarcastic.
I agree.

Strelok said:
I disagree. The military functions as a pseudo masculinizing ritual process. It's built on the premise that humiliation and forced nonidentity during bootcamp will somehow make you a "man". If the military does function as a masculine ritual process, by analogy you could say gangs and prisons serve the same purpose.

From Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette's King, Warrior, Magician, Lover:

"We call these phenomena pseudo-events for two reasons. For one thing, with the possible exception of military initiation, these processes, though sometimes highly ritualized (especially within city gangs), more often than not initiate the boy into a kind of masculinity that is skewed, stunted, and false. it is a patriarchal 'manhood,' one that is abusive of others, and often of the self. Sometimes a ritual murder is required of the would be initiate. Usually the abuse of drugs is involved in the gang culture [and in the military]. The boy may become an acting-out adolescent in these systems and achieve a level of development roughly parallel to the level expressed by the society as a whole in its boyish values, though in a contra-cultural form. But these pseudo-initiations will not produce men, because real men are not wantonly violent or hostile. Boy psychology... is charged with the struggle for dominance of others, in some form or another. And it is often caught up in the wounding of self, as well as others. It is sadomasochistic. Man psychology is always the opposite. It is nurturing and generative, not wounding and destructive."

It's a good book for anyone who hasn't read it. A lot of the theory was derived from the work of the psychologist Carl Jung.

And lest anyone start harping on the last sentence of the quote, that man should be nurturing, the authors are not using the word in the sense that an AFC would use it.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The power of social proof

While preparing for my exam in a psychology class, I have been reading a few hundred pages in my text books. In my social psych class, we are discussing many topics--one of them is social proof.

So what is it?

Social proof: also known as informational social influence, is a psychological phenomenon that occurs in ambiguous social situations when people are unable to determine the appropriate mode of behavior.

Some of you may be familiar with the term and how it applies to women. However, let me provide you with an example:
John and Mark went to a night club last week. They had plans to go with their attractive female friends Jessica, Nicole, Maria, and Yaz. It turns out Jessica and Maria couldn't attend because they had the flu. Nicole was out of town and Maria had to work. Because it was Mark's birthday, John felt obliged to celebrate his best friend's birthday with him, so he went to the club with him. Their experience wasn't very pleasant because they are both shy meeting new girls and dancing with them, as most of the time, the time they only dance with their girl-friends who weren't there that night.

A month later, it was John's birthday. The girls wanted to make it up to them after hearing the bad news from John's birthday at the club about six weeks before. The six of them, were all looking good (the girls were three hb8's & one hb9). On the dance floor, the guys were dancing each with two of the girls at the beginning of the night, yet towards the middle of the night, the guys noticed a high number of women giving them attention, IOI's and approaching THEM. How can this be? They thought looking at each other and smiling. And although excited, Mark & John couldn't understand what was going on and just called it a "lucky night" in which they both danced with a few new, attractive girls each.

This is what we refer to as social proof. A psychological term referring to how people imitate the behavior of others when faced with uncertainty in a situation. Social proof is the most powerful when those people we are modeling are similar to us in race, age, lifestyle, etc.

Still not convinced? Consider the plethora of data a sociologist at University of California, San Diego found: When the media publishes a suicide story either at the front of the newspapers or as the main interest in TV, radio, etc, the suicide rate after the news increases up to 400% in the area--including plane, auto, and other kinds of disguised "accidents--where it occurred before going back to normal about two weeks later. Ever notice how one plane crashes, and then others happen? How shootings in schools have happened not too long after one another? How people start clapping after other people start giving a round of applause?

Well, now that you do, consider that if social proof can literally drive people to kill themselves. What can a few of your attractive female friends do for you? They can create the image that you are a cool, outgoing guy, who is attractive causing you to have women want you. This idea also explains why
you get women flirting with you or giving you IOI's when you're with your girlfriend who is attractive. They think "hmm...she's more pretty than I am, and if she's with him, then he must have something really good going for him." Yet, when you are walking by yourself, women ignore you.

What are YOU doing to improve the way people perceive you?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To what extent can people be socially influenced?

Social proof is part of the game with women; it is how the way people view you
causes people to react differently to one person or group versus another group.

In the following videos, there is a man who is lying on the ground pretending to be injured and needing help. Ever wonder why people just walk by as if other people are invisible? If you have read this far, you are probably the kind of person who is open to new ideas. Don't click on the links below unless you are ready to know the truth. This will experiment will change the way you see social proof in and free will in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsPfbup0ac&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGaJrgi_SpE&feature=related

-Rico

Last edited:

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you scared of other men who are smaller and skinnier than you? Most of you will answer no. Then why the HECK would you be scared of a woman who is way weaker than you? Well,

I like this line, vry true, good post

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a Mystery and amplifying attraction

Why you should remain a mystery and not tell a woman everything about you

Several studies have found people think more about things/people to whom they attribute mystery. In one particular experiment, an undercover researcher dressed as student approached students at a major university and handed them a small package with a note and a dollar. Inside the package, the note read "have a nice day!" with a one-dollar coin attached. After students received the gift, a second undercover researcher approached the students asking him/her to answer a short survey. Compared to a control group who received the same package identifying the reason why they received the gift "our student club believes in random acts of kindness," those whose packages read only "have a nice day" were more likely to be in a good mood and to be interested in knowing why they received that gift.

Women don't like men they can figure out and have right away.

When you first meet a woman, most of them will try to find reasons not to get involved without (even if they like you). The more a woman knows about you, the more content she has to give you the kick out of her life. By remaining an attractive mystery, not only will you get her to follow you more by contacting you and/or setting plans to hangout, you will also get her in a better mood. Most of us know women are beings who run on and are addicted to emotions. This is why they read gossip on magazines and watch movies and dramatic soap operas most guys consider stupid (unless you're whipped). People don't remember exactly what you say, they remember how you make them feel. If you are mysterious, fun, and confident, she will associate these feelings with you. As a result, she will become more attracted to you.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That makes sense. Thanks for backing it up with evidence. ha ha

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
I'm always annoyed by the snobbery of the "scientific" types. I'd rather spend my time doing what WORKS rather than carefully screening every "guru" out there for his selection of sources and determining if they're "legitimate and peer-reviewed".
Sure, but here's the problem: OP says he has claims backed up with science, implying more credibility in what he's saying. What he's really talking about is a bunch of bs or weak "science" (especially social psych, lots of non-peer reviewed garbage out there). This happens every so often on these boards. Usually it's even worse because it's some dude making a biology argument who doesn't understand **** about the action of hormones, citing some rat study. The real problem is bringing science up to begin with.

I only care about what works too, that's why everyone should stay away from talking about science on these boards and instead bring up something we can use like field-tested experience. None of this "hey listen, women are the way they are because I'm a psych major" or "look at this misquote from a study about estrogen."

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
handle said:
OP says he has claims backed up with science, implying more credibility in what he's saying. What he's really talking about is a bunch of bs or weak "science" (especially social psych, lots of non-peer reviewed garbage out there).
What I list in this journal is based on multiple, peer-reviewed, replicated studies published by well-known psychologists. A great part of dating is based on psychology and science. If you were less critical and more adaptive you would know the truth. Don't assume what you don't know me or anyone else.

Last edited: