Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

exgf coming back around - convert into FB?

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A few months back I broke up with a girl and had a really hard time with it. Had some contact up to 3 weeks after the break up, then about 3 months of zero contact. Now she is back, exhibiting some weird behavior, and it's driving me nuts. Bringing back feelings I thought I had gotten over, and leaving me confused again. But I know one thing - she is looking better than ever, and I want to fvck her as much as possible. Especially if I can force myself to not get emotionally involved as I know she's crazy.

So after this period of zero contact, I get a random text from her late one night saying hi. We exchanged a few light texts/small talk. I let her send the last message.

A few days later, I heard from her again by text. She said that she was going to be downtown, near where I live, with some friends and wanted to see me. I had already made plans with friends for that night, and I told her that I would stop by and have a drink with her but I was leaving after a few minutes.

I show up to the bar about an hour later. When she saw me, she squealed like a little girl and hugged me like she hadn't seen me in years. She had been drinking. After a minute she said, "Can I kiss you?" Then she just grabbed me and started making out with me before I even answered (this is a girl who once told me during the later stages of the relationship that she didn't like being affectionate in public). She was all over me. I admit, it felt good, and she looked better than ever. She's a very beautiful girl and dressed to kill.

I could tell immediately that she had split like crazy - not just me either. She introduced me to her friend, who has been "best friends since high school", though in our 9 months of dating I never even heard this girl's name and had no idea who she was. I asked about med school and her career, and she told me that she is looking for a residency program here, and would never ever want to leave the area (when we broke up she told me she wanted to move away). I asked about her former "best friend", her gay roommate, and it appeared she had split him black. Over the next few minutes (during the time we were actually talking and she wasn't groping and/or making out with me), everything she said just affirmed to me that she has changed the way she views a lot of things in the last few months.

We move to another bar and I did not order a drink. I stayed there with her for a few minutes and told her I was going to leave now to meet with my friends. She begged me not to go and upped the physical contact and said I could take her home if I stayed with her. I declined and said that she was welcome to come with me if she wanted, but I was not going to break my plans. She acted unsure so I left.

I was barely outside the door when I got the first text asking to come with me. So I went home, picked up a friend, and came back and got her. We went to a club and she was even more physical. She unzipped my pants in the middle of the club and was out of control. She told me she missed me, then she immediately said "I don't want to hurt you." She asked me repeatedly if I was happy with my life, and I said yes. I could tell this disappointed her.

We left that club a while later, just the two of us, as my friend was going home with some other friends that were there. I took her back to her car at her new best friend's house, where we messed around for a few minutes. Both of us wanted to have sex she told me she was scared of what "happens after." I told her I understood, and she left. As expected, I got another text a few minutes later inviting me to her house. But I was already almost home and didn't respond.

A few days go by with no contact. Then I log on to plentyoffish (dating site where we initially met last year), and see that she has created a profile and viewed my profile. I didn't do anything. A day or two later, she visited my profile again and clicked the "want to meet this user" button. Not sure what kind of game this was supposed to be, but I played along and sent her a funny message. After a brief exchange she started texting me telling me that she wasn't sure why she was on the site, as she didn't want casual sex, she "sucks at dating", and "definitely don't want a relationship." This text is followed immediately by her saying how she wishes things had turned out differently with us, that she misses me, and if I would like to hang out sometime.

I invited her on my boat that weekend and she said she'd love to come.

So we meet up that Sunday to go to the beach (boating conditions weren't good). She brings her new best friend. This time, she isn't all over me, and she is not being sexual or touchy at all. Instead, I got the vibe that I was the "nice guy friend". They drop me off at my place, and I acted kind of cold to her when I said goodbye. She texted me a minute later asking if I would like to go out with her that night on a double with her friend and some guy. I agreed.

I get to her house a few hours later and she is again dressed to kill and looking absolutely amazing. She pulled me in for a kiss at her door, then at the last second turned so I kissed her cheek. I decided right then and there I wasn't going to be one of "the girls", I was going to be her date and I was going to be sexual. So I grabbed her neck, pulled her to me, and gave her a deep kiss. She responded well.

We had a glass of wine before leaving. During this time I told her that I was not going to be a "girlfriend", if we were going to hang out tonight then I was going to touch her and do whatever I wanted. A little forward, but whatever. She started crying and told me she felt like a piece of meat (nevermind the way she acted with me at the bar!), and did not want to be my "f*ck buddy." I hugged her and told her she knows I care about her, I just wanted it to be clear that I'm still attracted to her and don't want to be "that guy" that wants something but can't have it. After I reassured her a few times, she stopped crying and asked what I wanted to do. I suggested we go to eat while we waited on her friend and her date to finish their dinner. She then said, "that's a good idea, or..." and then grabbed my belt and undid it. I grabbed her hand said said "no," she smiled at me, and we left.

During dinner she opened up to me and started crying again. She is obviously lonely, depressed, terrified of the future. She actually said that she wishes someone would just "tell her what to do."

We then met her friend+date at a nice lounge, and as the night went on she got more and more physical with me. The friend left with the guy and she and I danced and drank for a while. We got my car from the valet and she started touching me. I made a comment about how we'd be back at her place in a few minutes and she told me she couldn't wait that long. So I pulled over and we had sex in my car. The second I was inside her, she said, "God I missed you so much."

Once we got back, she asked me to stay the night with her. I lay there next to her and felt remorse - partly because I felt like I was compromising myself by letting her into my life again, and partly because I felt guilty for taking advantage of her emotional instability and need for affection. She could tell I was bothered and started talking to me about what had gone on with her ex during our time apart. She told me that she realized what I meant to her, and that I "took care" of her emotionally while he just "brought her down." She told me she knew things were difficult for me and she didn't expect me to want to be with her again. I looked right at her and said, "I don't trust you. I'm not angry at you, but I will never be with you again." Instead of getting hurt, she suddenly sat up, straddled me, and said something like, "You can fight with me in the morning, but right now you're mine." And we had sex.

In the morning I felt even worse. I told her the same things. This time she was upset. I asked her if she felt empty inside, and like she wanted someone close to her but she was too scared to let that happen. She started crying and said yes. I couldn't help myself... she was so vulnerable and the look in her eyes just melted me. So I had sex with her again.

We went and had a nice lunch, and I went home.

That was Monday, and as of Friday I had not heard from her at all (during our relationship she constantly wanted to text or talk). So I said hi that morning and she replied immediately. I then invited her out for dinner and dancing that night and heard nothing until several hours later, when she said she couldn't.

Nothing from her since.

Obviously there are some games going on here. I have no idea what she wants, or what to do. I don't even know what I want. Ultimately I know I could never have a successful relationship with her, and I'm wasting time. But we have so much fun together, and I'm wildly attracted to her. So I would like to try to establish a FB relationship, and keep it as long as I can.

Any suggestions?

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
btw, it seems lately that half the girls discussed on this forum are labelled BPD. So I am going to put her "symptoms" out there - you decide for yourself. Personally I think she is the typical BPD waif.

- moments of childlike demeanor and voice
- constant mood swings
- hypersensitivity
- inability to compromise or resolve conflict
- numerous examples of black/white thinking (ie if I'm supposed to come over for dinner at 8, everything is great, but if I have to reschedule for 8:30, the "night is ruined")
- constantly trying to sabotage relationship/push-pull
- extreme dieting behaviors
- numerous past relationships and rebounds quickly
- hypersexuality in the first few weeks followed by sexual withdrawal
- shared deepest secrets and established emotional intimacy from first date forward
- troubled family history including blaming herself for the drowning death of her baby brother, and abandonment by her father who started another family and barely acknowledges her existence
- once responded to perceived abandonment once by saying that she didn't want to live anymore
- physical maladies including cramps, frequent headaches, heartburn, always being cold even if it's 80 degrees out, anxiety attacks, or imagined symptoms (she once told me she thought she was contracting asthma)
- a feeling that she is helpless and needs to be taken care of and guided, in decisions both large and small
- real self-confidence issues, and feelings of shyness and inadequacy
- went to psychics and kept a journal of their "readings", with the intent to find out if I was "the one." General obsession with finding "The One"
- needing CONSTANT contact and being upset if a text or call is not answered within a few minutes or an hour
- I felt and expressed several times that NO amount of affection, affirmation, reassurance seemed enough
- fear of making plans and inability to make decisions
- extreme clinginess and insecurity bordering on paranoia
- very intelligent, yet extreme suggestibility and simplistic thinking in emotional matters
- in "caring" profession - studying to be a doctor
- ultra feminine
- conflicting statements and confusing behavior, and seems to forget things or drastically rewrite history

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read through like 75% of that....I'm just letting you know, because I feel like I deserve some type of Nobel Prize.

See, here's the thing about turning her into a FB - I don't think you're capable of treating each other like FBs. With my FBs I'll invite them out for drinks with like 2 hours advanced notice (sometimes less), and we'll get a few beers in us, come to my place, bone, and move on.

With this girl, you're dealing with all sorts of texting, dramatic conversations, dinner dates, lunch dates, invitations to hang out on your boat, etc etc etc...

This relationship is way too complex to convert to a FB situation. Hell, this relationship is too complex to even convert into a relationship. Maybe she's a nice girl...I don't know....but I wouldn't want to be involved. One night of sex with her will easily translate to at least a month of drama.

I'm no better than you...My great weakness is returning to my ex's for sex. And I'll probably continue to do this in the future. But just take this opinion from an outside observer.....your entire situation with this girl is a mess.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO no you cannot have a FB relationship with this women because firstly, you are still way too emotionally into her, and secondly because she totally controls the situation when you two are together. I remember having some long posts back and forth with you when you first told the site about this girl, and I remember how bent out of shape you were over her. I cannot imagine it has changed much since, and judging from your actions with her the past couple of weeks, you are still in love with her.

Just reading your post makes me cringe. That is more drama in two weeks than I have had in 2.5 years with my present gf. Things do not need to be this difficult. There are women out there that you would be much more compatible with and that aren't head cases like this one is. Amazes me when guys get this wrapped around a girl who is so obviously wrong for them.

Look, she knows she can have you back anytime she wants to, no matter what you say to her or to us. You can tell by the things she does and says to you, and by how quickly you were willing to see her and start going out with her again. And these weren't just come over and F dates, these were meeting friends, hanging out on a boat, going to dinner dates. That is not F buddy status. That is wanting to get back into a relationship status. Your actions are not the actions of someone who doesn't care any longer. And she knows it. Sad to say but you have not grown at all since you first came here. And while I can sympathize with what you are going through, and we all do it at some time or another, the bottom line is until you let go of this woman and truly grow from this, you are going to be stuck in the same rut that you have been in for most of your adult life when it comes to dating.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
btw, it seems lately that half the girls discussed on this forum are labelled BPD. So I am going to put her "symptoms" out there - you decide for yourself. Personally I think she is the typical BPD waif.

- moments of childlike demeanor and voice
- constant mood swings
- hypersensitivity
- inability to compromise or resolve conflict
- numerous examples of black/white thinking (ie if I'm supposed to come over for dinner at 8, everything is great, but if I have to reschedule for 8:30, the "night is ruined")
- constantly trying to sabotage relationship/push-pull
- extreme dieting behaviors
- numerous past relationships and rebounds quickly
- hypersexuality in the first few weeks followed by sexual withdrawal
- shared deepest secrets and established emotional intimacy from first date forward
- troubled family history including blaming herself for the drowning death of her baby brother, and abandonment by her father who started another family and barely acknowledges her existence
- once responded to perceived abandonment once by saying that she didn't want to live anymore
- physical maladies including cramps, frequent headaches, heartburn, always being cold even if it's 80 degrees out, anxiety attacks, or imagined symptoms (she once told me she thought she was contracting asthma)
- a feeling that she is helpless and needs to be taken care of and guided, in decisions both large and small
- real self-confidence issues, and feelings of shyness and inadequacy
- went to psychics and kept a journal of their "readings", with the intent to find out if I was "the one." General obsession with finding "The One"
- needing CONSTANT contact and being upset if a text or call is not answered within a few minutes or an hour
- I felt and expressed several times that NO amount of affection, affirmation, reassurance seemed enough
- fear of making plans and inability to make decisions
- extreme clinginess and insecurity bordering on paranoia
- very intelligent, yet extreme suggestibility and simplistic thinking in emotional matters
- in "caring" profession - studying to be a doctor
- ultra feminine
- conflicting statements and confusing behavior, and seems to forget things or drastically rewrite history
Why would you possibly want to be with a girl who does all this? I don't get it. Unless you love drama, stress, and constant up and down behavior of course. Trust me, there are girls out there who are the complete opposite of what this girl is. And remember I saw a few pics of her. And yeah she is pretty, I don't know maybe a 7.5 to an 8, but she is no 9.8, and certainly not hot enough to go through all this trouble over. Not that any girl is to be honest.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's nuts and I know it.

I have slept with multiple girls since I broke up with her, though none of them interested me nearly as much. I am 100% cognizant of the fact that she is not relationship material whatsoever.

Part of me is viewing this as an opportunity to just harden myself up and learn how to shut off emotions when dealing with a crazy woman. Like a challenge almost.

cordon,

She isn't photogenic at all... definitely hotter in person. I have worked through some stuff and realized why I am attracted to women like this, and now that I'm aware of it I can deal with it. So the emotional attraction isn't really there any longer. In fact, some of the same behaviors I found endearing before, repulse me now that I'm more self-aware. But the physical attraction is still there, and I wonder how I can play this to get some more no strings sex.

I never said I want to "be with" her - I just want to fvck her some more.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
She's nuts and I know it.

I have slept with multiple girls since I broke up with her, though none of them interested me nearly as much. I am 100% cognizant of the fact that she is not relationship material whatsoever.

Part of me is viewing this as an opportunity to just harden myself up and learn how to shut off emotions when dealing with a crazy woman. Like a challenge almost.
Ok see, this is where there is something wrong with YOU, not her. Here you know she is wrong for you, is a freak, a nutjob, what have you, and you still know all this and yet are attracted to her more than some other women are are probably much better for you. I think you need to stop worrying about or trying to fix her, and start doing some self analysis on yourself and what is missing in your life for you to want someone like this in it. Obviously there is something missing there, or off kilter.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
So the emotional attraction isn't really there any longer. In fact, some of the same behaviors I found endearing before, repulse me now that I'm more self-aware.

I'm sorry bro, I just don't believe you. Otherwise you would not be wasting your time with her. I've seen your pics, you are a good looking guy. I know you do well career wise too. There is no need for someone like that to be going through all of this when you could have a ton of as hot or hotter girls.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:

Yeah. But as cordon has said, there's no "fvcking her some more" without "being with her"....at least on some level.

You can't have no strings attached sex with her because having sex with her would involve all the f**ked up crap that you've had to deal with over the past few weeks you've been talking to her.

It's not like you're going to bang her and then she'll just walk out the door until you call her for another quick fvck. That's not going to happen. You can do that with OTHER girls. And she can do that with other guys. But the two of you together.....that just isn't going to happen.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was raised by a woman like that, so that is a large part of it. But just recognizing that is a big step toward shifting attraction toward healthier women. Like I said, I am already finding some of the same things I used to think were "cute" about her to be repulsive this time around.

So the bottom line - if I continue to spin other plates (and look for a girl who IS relationship material) in the meantime, this would not be a good exercise in keeping myself emotionally uninvested?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
I was raised by a woman like that, so that is a large part of it.
Ahhh, and the truth starts to emerge.

49au said:
So the bottom line - if I continue to spin other plates (and look for a girl who IS relationship material) in the meantime, this would not be a good exercise in keeping myself emotionally uninvested?
Correct. You are only looking for an excuse to start banging her again haha, under the guise of an "experiment". Sorry, but that isn't going to work. You are only to to inhibit your growth and maturation if you continue to see her. Don't let lust overcome what is good for you in the long run.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I give. Can't you guys tell me what I want to hear? haha

cordoncordon said:
Don't let lust overcome what is good for you in the long run.
Well said.

I had this morbid curiosity to see if I could just turn off my emotions and do the sociopath thing. There are guys on this forum who seem to be very good at that. Perhaps I'm not one of them and it's not a challenge I should take on.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
Alright, I give. Can't you guys tell me what I want to hear? haha

Well said.

I had this morbid curiosity to see if I could just turn off my emotions and do the sociopath thing. There are guys on this forum who seem to be very good at that. Perhaps I'm not one of them and it's not a challenge I should take on.
Just from what I know of you, and don't get me wrong from what little I know of you I believe you to be a very put together guy, but from what I can tell, you are too emotional to be able to distance yourself from the situation and just sex her. Don't feel bad, I was the same way for a long time. Probably still am.

Good luck and keep us posted. I like your posts.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the beginning it wasn't like this - I fvcked her and another girl in the same day, and didn't think anything about it. And my ex ex, I dated for two years, and had a FB thing with her for a while after and just didn't care at all.

Crazy Latin women are my specialty I guess.

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
49au said:
I understand a bit where you're coming from.

I've used to go out with a sociopath. The kind of girl that would be all over someone one minute and disappear for weeks at a time (she did that with her other boyfriends). Of course I thought I could be smarter, use the usual techniques and tame her, to no avail.

In the end, if she's indeed a sociopath, you have to figure out she's the one to blame. Don't ever fall for the idea that she's a victim or can be helped (it sounded that way when you said you fell like you've used her), as that will make you feel responsible for something that's 100% her choice.

I got the bargain end of the deal. It was a back and forth game, in which she would appear and disappear (if anyone read/saw Great Expectations it was pretty much like that). She could be dating someone and she would appear, we'd have sex and she would disappear.

An remote acquaintance of mine fell in love with her. The guy left his family (3 kids), bought a brand new apartment with her, opened a business for her, paid for the wedding. She left the guy 3 weeks before the wedding, no explanation, and moved back to her mother's little apartment and low paying job.

From the Dark Night: "...some people aren't looking for anything logical... They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some people just want to watch the world burn..." lol

If she's a sociopath she can't either disconnect nor get to close. So she's looking for someone that's strong enough to take her wild swings without being hurt/mad, so she can feel normal.

The irony is that once you figure this out and once you're unfazed by her behavior, you will figure out that you can't win.

There will be no more attraction and even the sex will be mediocre...

So get out now, I might have not wasted 1.5 years of my life as I was dating other girls and did not get too involved, but I missed the chance to take a lot of nice and normal girls seriously...

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post.

Don't ever fall for the idea that she's a victim or can be helped (it sounded that way when you said you fell like you've used her), as that will make you feel responsible for something that's 100% her choice.
It isn't her fault she's nuts. But it is her fault if she doesn't get help for it. The problem with these personality disordered people is that on some level they recognize that getting "fixed" would mean confronting themselves and destroying what little ego/self-image they have. Annihilation fear. It keeps most of them away from real change. But that's on her.

She is no sociopath, though - she's a borderline. These are polar opposites, and I think a sociopath/borderline couple could actually do well because the borderline thrives on the longing for love, which will always be present since the sociopath would never really give a fvck about her.

The irony is that once you figure this out and once you're unfazed by her behavior, you will figure out that you can't win.

There will be no more attraction and even the sex will be mediocre...
I agree that there is no winning with a borderline. It's all smoke and mirrors. They really mean what they say and feel what they do in the moment, but the moment may not last very long.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tafakna said:
From the Dark Night: "...some people aren't looking for anything logical... They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some people just want to watch the world burn..." lol
Dude, you just hit the bullseye right in the center.

I just used this EXACT quote to describe my BPD ex last week. These types of girls will try to make you believe that the problem is YOU. And if you change, then all the fighting and random mood swings will disappear.

So then you try to change. Not in an extreme way. But just a little, because "Hey, maybe she has a point. I've been too (fill in the blank)."

And then after you change, the fighting continues, or possibly gets WORSE.

Because ultimately, this girl doesn't have the goal of changing you. She doesn't have the goal of building a stable relationship. She doesn't even have the goal of hurting you. She just wants you to spend years chasing your own tail, because that's how she lives. Basically (like the Joker), creating total anarchy where if she wants to fight, you'll have a fight. And if she wants to play nice, you'll play nice. And if she wants to f**k in an alley, you'll f**k in an alley. No rhyme or reason. Just chaos for the sake of chaos.

Ugh. I'm creeped out just thinking about it.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg,

I'm the type of guy that likes to push myself. Like, I have a fear of heights, so I'm skydiving at 18,000 ft next weekend. And I'm scared of sharks, so I'm going to Mexico next month for a cage dive with 15ft+ great whites. Just how I am. I like to be challenged and try to master something. Not that anyone can "master" these girls, but you can master yourself and not let their BS get to you... at least it sounds good in theory?

So you dated a BPD. Do you then understand the ego motivation to try to take it on again and beat it? Did you fight with that?