• Yes women mature faster.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No, this is a social myth.

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what SS members think about this question.

NOTE: I shouldn't have used the word "mature" in the Yes answer - I tried to change it to "age" to remove any ambiguity but could not. For this poll mature and age are assumed to mean the same thing.

Last edited:

DMEDFISIK

Don Juan
Reaction score
This poll is a bit off. You are confusing "aging" and "maturing" so I won't vote.

1) In biology, the tendency is for the average woman to show more signs of aging compared to the average male.

2) The claim that women mature faster than men is a bit tricky. One has to define maturity. However, since girls tend to hit puberty a bit earlier than boys, and because puberty affects brain development, it is plausible that girls "mature faster" than boys, but the boys catch up eventually anyways. I don't think the average 25 year old female is more "mature" than the average 25 yr old male.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"But they dont age faster. Id argue men do especially considering our life expectancy and that men seem to produce greying and balding at young ages all the time in comparison to when women start to naturally grey and wrinkle. Its just that womens wrinkles make them "old" yet mens makes them "distinguished" even though its the same damn wrinkles. How does this equate to them aging quicker. Thats a scientific fallacy and you know it."

from my post in another thread. Someone please show me studies which show women age considerably(more than a couple years) faster than men

P.S. - A poll on an exclusively male site is pretty fail if you ask me. This guy seeks validation and agreement from others in the worst way. Like I said, someone show me studies

EDIT: btw maturing and aging are seen as two different things. Aging is cells weakening and the body breaking down going into old age. Maturing is how fast one hits adulthood. I could argue men age faster because for damn sure die faster than women ALL around the world.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to Desmond Morris men die faster because old men don't really have a role in society. Grandmothers do a lot more for offspring than grandfathers.

Men get relatively less wrinkles because they shave. Somehow the scraping off of dead skin cells prevents the visible 'signs' of aging from developing.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't vote either because of the mixing of terms.

I believe that women initially (in the teen years) mature faster than men, but later men far suprass them in maturity ans we develop character and integrity, qualities that are nearly absent in women to any great degree.

I'm starting to suspect that this initial faster maturing of women is slowing down. The line is blurring.

Regarding physical aging, I do think that women age faster. Childbirth absolutely ravages a woman's body on many different levels. Some bounce back fairly well at least on the outside, but there are still fundamental internal changes. When a woman has a child, she is never the same.

Women by and large live much more sedentary lifestyles. Lots of Oprah and Cheetos. But seriously, men are constantly mentally and physically challenged far more than women in general throughout their lives. I think that keeps us younger.

Regarding women outliving men, I once heard Bill Cosby talking about his wife and implying she was nagging. She pointed out that men die earlier than women. He replied in the way only Bill Cosby can, "That's because we WANT to..."

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chamber36 said:
According to Desmond Morris men die faster because old men don't really have a role in society. Grandmothers do a lot more for offspring than grandfathers.

Men get relatively less wrinkles because they shave. Somehow the scraping off of dead skin cells prevents the visible 'signs' of aging from developing.
Could be that we have less body fat in general, too.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I can't vote either because of the mixing of terms.

I believe that women initially (in the teen years) mature faster than men, but later men far suprass them in maturity ans we develop character and integrity, qualities that are nearly absent in women to any great degree.

Stretching here. I know plenty of ladies with character and integrity and plenty of dudes without either. Id say it comes down to the individual. But yes women do mature quicker in the teen years because they are sexually developed a couple of years earlier than men. Id say this is evened out by 18-20.

The myth that women are more mature than men is only perpetuated by women because they know guys want sex, and somehow wanting sex is equated to being immature in their eyes. Basically doing anything a particular woman does not like gets you branded as immature. Fvck that shyte

I'm starting to suspect that this initial faster maturing of women is slowing down. The line is blurring.

Regarding physical aging, I do think that women age faster. Childbirth absolutely ravages a woman's body on many different levels. Some bounce back fairly well at least on the outside, but there are still fundamental internal changes. When a woman has a child, she is never the same.

True that, birth does a hell of a lot. But barring childbirth, I think theres not much difference in the rate of aging between the sexes. Internally though, Id like to find out why men croak quicker.

Women by and large live much more sedentary lifestyles. Lots of Oprah and Cheetos. But seriously, men are constantly mentally and physically challenged far more than women in general throughout their lives. I think that keeps us younger.

I would think this stress and challenges is what contributes to our earlier deaths.

Plenty of sedentary couch potato, beer belly men. America is gross as a whole tbh.

Regarding women outliving men, I once heard Bill Cosby talking about his wife and implying she was nagging. She pointed out that men die earlier than women. He replied in the way only Bill Cosby can, "That's because we WANT to..."

LOLOLOL! omg that made your post. Repped lol

Bolded response

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
"Someone please show me studies which show women age considerably(more than a couple years) faster than men
You don't need studies to show that women can't have babies after age 40-45. Men can have them until their 80's. Is that not more than a couple of years off? And this poll isn't limited to who is prettier.

NOTE: Maturing and aging are not unrelated. He who matures faster (see the Italians who were getting beards in high school) subsequently ages faster (see the same Italians balding before age 30). Late bloomers age more slowly.

ALSO NOTE: Female models start at age 14 and were historically considered washed up by 22. Models don't all start in their 20's as Jaylan is pretending. "A girl's peak money periods often range from 15-25 years of age and men 18-35." That's 10 years difference. SOURCE: Wikipedia

Of course men die faster - they have to work physical labor and go to war.

IMO, in the caveman days women who hit puberty faster could obtain older males with more resources and thus were more likely to reproduce and have their children survive.

Further, in movies (since we keep alluding to them as the benchmark of reality) the male star is usually 10+ years older than the female star.

I wonder how the "half the guys age + 7" rule for age difference came into being if women didn't age faster.

Seriously, some of you "guys" are either secretly (cougar) women, bisexual, delusional or high.

Last edited:

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Jalan,

I should have worded my thought better....

Women live and die by an external locus of control. While most well-rounded men develop an internal set of principals and ideas of right and wrong and go to great lengths to try to live up to those internally-set standards, women usually respond to their outside environment and act upon the emotion of the moment based upon that external stimuli. Any doubt as to the sagacity or morality of their actions wil be summarily backward-rationalized in order to reatain their angelic self-perception.

Hence my statement about character and integrity. Women are attracted to these qualities in men (and usually state so) because they are innately seriously deficient in them.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
You don't need studies to show that women can't have babies after age 40-45. Men can have them until their 80's. Is that not more than a couple of years off? And this poll isn't limited to who is prettier.

Well the argument started because we argued who ages faster in terms of looks. You started reaching at re-productivity because your claims had no basis. Still I ask PROVIDE us with a study that show a woman ages faster than a man. Even with child bearing men die first. Hell I bet without child bearing women would look even better as they age.

NOTE: Maturing and aging are not unrelated. He who matures faster (see the Italians who were getting beards in high school) subsequently age faster (see the same Italians balding before age 30). Late bloomers age more slowly.

NOT really numbnuts. Some people hit puberty later but how does this prove you right. I did not finish fully maturing until I was 23, but know guys who were done at 19, but look way younger than me and we are the same age. I matured later but seem to show more age, despite being the active healthy guy.

ALSO NOTE: Female models start at age 14 and were historically considered washed up by 22. Models don't all start in their 20's as Jaylan is pretending. "A girl's peak money periods often range from 15-25 years of age and men 18-35." That's 10 years difference. SOURCE: Wikipedia

Yeah thats because of what men deem an attractive female. A mans peak money period IS NOT BASED ON LOOKS. So of course we have more years to earn money. Gosh your arguments suck.

Of course men die faster - they have to work physical labor and go to war.

IMO, in the caveman days women who hit puberty faster could obtain older males with more resources and thus were more likely to reproduce and have their children survive.

Further, in movies (since we keep alluding to them as the benchmark of reality) the male star is usually 10+ years older than the female star.

Some movies, but what about the countless others where the young gal is dating the young guy. What about all the couples you see on the street. Again, vast majority of young women date men in their age range. Get over it.

I wonder how the "half the guys age + 7" rule for age difference came into being if women didn't age faster.

Stupid question, because they want younger girls. Older women use this rule too now. Its not about aging faster. Its that guys no matter what age, would like a young woman. These wrinkled grey haired dudes, with the same age showing in them as their female counterparts, want the youth they lack.

Seriously, some of you "guys" are either secretly (cougar) women, bisexual, delusional or high.

again with the baseless insults. you are pathetic.

bolded

DMEDFISIK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan, the entire crux of the argument is lost on you. You keep citing exceptions to the rule as if that proves the veracity of your statements. Of course there are exceptions.

Stacey Dash looks pretty good for her age, compared to many a woman or man younger. However, that's not sufficient disproof of the general statement that women, ON AVERAGE, age faster than men. You don't even need a scientific study to verify that statement because it's all around you from your AVERAGE observations.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When I quoted Wikipedia's page on Models which wrote "A girl's peak money periods often range from 15-25 years of age and men 18-35." (meaning men develop 3 years later but maintain their looks for 10 years longer - a 7 year difference as I originally estimated with my Playboy playmate/Baseball player analogy in another thread) we were discussing MODELS. Yet Jaylan wrote: "A mans peak money period IS NOT BASED ON LOOKS." That's hilarious! A male model's peak money is not based on his LOOKS???

Regarding "studies" here is one from 2006 where scientists used special equipment to observe what any mature man has witnessed for years: A woman's skin ages faster as they lose collagen and elastin more quickly than men. I'm anxious to see the creative ignorance that Jaylan will apply to discount this scientific study (which he requested). I'm thinking he'll cover his ears and sing "Brah brah brah brah brah brah brah!".

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Jalan,

I should have worded my thought better....

Women live and die by an external locus of control. While most well-rounded men develop an internal set of principals and ideas of right and wrong and go to great lengths to try to live up to those internally-set standards, women usually respond to their outside environment and act upon the emotion of the moment based upon that external stimuli. Any doubt as to the sagacity or morality of their actions wil be summarily backward-rationalized in order to reatain their angelic self-perception.

What atom smasher said! lol

Besides, Jaylan is a girl anyway, trolling the board :crackup:

J

jaylan25

Admins I do apologize for creating a second account. But I had to crush these arguments. Please allow this post to remain up for 24 hours to allow me a repost under my real account in the event you chose to perform a deletion.

DMEDFISIK said:
Jaylan, the entire crux of the argument is lost on you. You keep citing exceptions to the rule as if that proves the veracity of your statements. Of course there are exceptions.

Stacey Dash looks pretty good for her age, compared to many a woman or man younger. However, that's not sufficient disproof of the general statement that women, ON AVERAGE, age faster than men. You don't even need a scientific study to verify that statement because it's all around you from your AVERAGE observations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2898017/

AND I QUOTE "Yet common wisdom holds that women age faster than men. One should not confuse aging and subjective perception of youthfulness and sexual attractiveness, which reflects fertility. Aging is an increase of the probability of death." EACH thing said in this article is cited and backed by research. Even links to stuff on how men show signs of aging first on average. I can provide more if you want. Look at the names, the places, and look up the doctors. Or ask your friends who are science majors or in the medical field as well about these guys, if anyone wants to debase their claims.

I think the crux of the argument is lost on you as well. Please show me this widely accepted scientific knowledge that women age at a vastly different rate then men. Something with an abstract and clearly defined method of study with a control group would be nice too.

And your Stacey Dash example is fail. There is plenty of good looking older men and older women. My argument remains that men and women show the same signs of age yet its accepted for a man to have those signs and still be seen as more attractive than his female counterpart.

C-quenced said:
@Jaylan

Go look for the studies yourself you d!ckhead. They're out there.

How about you link me some studies d!ckhead, because I have yet to find one of a reputable source. Mostly hearsay from you all. Read my responses again about this one you tosser.

Social_Leper said:
There have been some interesting and well argued posts on this thread. You are diluting them.

Basically if one disagrees with someone on this board, out comes bs from people here. And the insults as well. Dillution has definitely occured.

bigneil said:
When I quoted Wikipedia's page on Models which wrote "A girl's peak money periods often range from 15-25 years of age and men 18-35." (meaning men develop 3 years later but maintain their looks for 10 years longer - a 7 year difference as I originally estimated with my Playboy playmate/Baseball player analogy in another thread) we were discussing MODELS. Yet Jaylan wrote: "A mans peak money period IS NOT BASED ON LOOKS." That's hilarious! A male model's peak money is not based on his LOOKS???

Regarding "studies" here is one from 2006 where scientists used special equipment to observe what any mature man has witnessed for years: A woman's skin ages faster as they lose collagen and elastin more quickly than men. I'm anxious to see the creative ignorance that Jaylan will apply to discount this scientific study (which he requested). I'm thinking he'll cover his ears and sing "Brah brah brah brah brah brah brah!".

Really, wikipedia? Also, that specific quote is not even cited on the wiki page. Dude you do know that there are tons of different numbers for male modeling ages with a quick google search. http://www.askmen.com/daily/austin/51_fashion_style.html But thats as lame as a source as Wiki. Different websites say different things, and none of these are fashion officionado sites.

I could say vast majority of viable male models are 20 to 30 year olds. Then say thats the ages we see in magazines and on billboards. Which I think is true. But you will argue against that anyways. Btw my link above argues against your live science link rather well. Would you like more? Where is the sourcing and research info for your study btw?

sexysuave said:
What atom smasher said! lol

Besides, Jaylan is a girl anyway, trolling the board :crackup:
Yeah, whenever someone agrees with some of the stupid consensuses on this board, he is automatically a female troll. Give it a rest. I have argued my position rather well and did not resort to the negative crap like you guys until provoked. Unlike you all I can engage in a debate without being the first to sling mud.

Now please tell me how I am so wrong and how my argument has no merit. Because I feel I have argued my point damn well, just like I always do on this board.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
jaylan25 said:
Really, wikipedia? Also, that specific quote is not even cited on the wiki page.
F*ck you Jaylan - the Wikipedia page is right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fashion_model#Fashion_models

It's right where it says "Women's (modeling) career spans are normally shorter".

That's the second time I've provided you this link, you Google-deprived imbecile.

If you disagree with the Wiki - then change the numbers. That's what Wikipedia is for.

jaylan25 said:
I could say vast majority of viable male models are 20 to 30 year olds.
Well God knows you check them out often, but nobody gives a f*ck what you "could say". Your opinions are clearly based on watching a lot of TV.

But while we're adding our personal opinions, my opinion is that Jaylan is a 38 year old Malaysian, bisexual woman.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
F*ck you Jaylan - the Wikipedia page is right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fashion_model#Fashion_models

It's right where it says "Women's (modeling) career spans are normally shorter".

Just because they are shorter does not mean women age faster. Men decide the ages they want represented in the industry. I love how you totally ignored my article and me tearing apart the opposing viewpoint. I also like how you ignore how you also ignored my pointing out that quotes you provided from the wiki were not cited on the wiki page. The one about average ages.

That's the second time I've provided you this link, you Google-deprived imbecile.

Lmao, you mad? Please provide me a reputable research report as I have done. I have more reports waiting for you when you do.

If you disagree with the Wiki - then change the numbers. That's what Wikipedia is for.

I bet.

Well God knows you check them out often, but nobody gives a f*ck what you "could say". Your opinions are clearly based on watching a lot of TV.

Still ignoring my link above. Also click reference 35 which brings you to a study about perceived age. I also found a few more studies on perceived age and when aging signs begin to appear in men and women

But while we're adding our personal opinions, my opinion is that Jaylan is a 38 year old Malaysian, bisexual woman.

Lol, hey everybody. The sign of a man who has lost, is the man who cannot provide a thought out retort...thus he resorts to shameless name calling and insults. Pathetisad
Bold. Again.

P.S. - Look at those poll numbers. Lol, then again, an anonymous internet poll on a site that allows non members to vote doesnt mean anything.

TheZone

Don Juan
Reaction score
you know that saying "women are as old as they look".. as opposed to men.

Women age faster because they **** a lot more than men do (usually anyways) and are beaten up well into their late 20s. They rely on make up and people think that's really how they look.

Well anyway.. I do not think women mature faster than guys. Just because they reach puberty earlier does not mean they can even mentally handle it, as it's shown here on this website and in Western societies, or just plain ol USA.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
I also like how you ignore how you also ignored my pointing out that quotes you provided from the wiki were not cited on the wiki page. The one about average ages.
Because Jaylan is retarded I must actually quote the link that I provided TWICE ALREADY:

"A model must accommodate his/her time and must be flexible. He/She must be willing to work any day of the week, at any hour, depending on whom they're working for, how much money they'll get, and how much they're willing to accept. Print models go to interviews (called 'go and see's' which are to meet a client so they know they are in town or a "casting' which is always for a job) and must take a portfolio of their best work which is normally arranged and decided upon by their agent. Agents classify models as self-employed though predominantly function under the agencies business number, they have to go to modelling interviews in order to get more work. The average career span of a print model is 3 to 5 years. A girl's peak money periods often range from 15-25 years of age and men 18-35. Fashion magazines often shoot younger models while commercial print clients target a broader age group. Women's career spans are normally shorter."

Is anyone else that slow that they can't click on the link and read the above quote?

Jaylan said:
P.S. - Look at those poll numbers. Lol, then again, an anonymous internet poll on a site that allows non members to vote doesnt mean anything.
Yes it does allow non-members to vote - how do you think Jaylan got to vote 4 times under 2 accounts? But yet most still agree that women age faster (and God knows the female trolls are voting here with their fake boobs, fake lips and caked-on makeup). I don't mean Jaylan but that too.

You can have the last word Jaylan. I rest my case.