Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > Don Juan Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
sstype
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: atl, GA
Age: 28
Posts: 729
sstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to all
"A Man is Only as Faithful as His Options"

How many of you guys think this quote is true?

I hear a lot of guys proclaim how they would never cheat on their wives/girlfriends....yet I wonder how many of them actually have the opportunity to cheat on a consistent basis and "choose" not to? It's pretty easy to stay faithful when you're an average guy and get scant attention from the opposite sex.

I'm not trying to say that cheating on your girl is right or ok.....but how many guys would be singing the same tune if they had the opportunity to screw an attractive, available woman without the risk of complications or getting caught?

Discuss.
sstype is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
bigneil
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,006
bigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond repute
True - and because women have way more options, this is why it's hard to maintain HB8+ women in relationships, even if a man is good looking himself.

I was at a bar with my HB8 date on NYE and we went to the restroom. As I came back out a beautiful girl walked by me and took a double-take. Then, after walking half-way across the room, she turned around and smiled at me. I called her over and we met half-way. She shook my hand and said "My name is (x), you are beautiful and I will be here Friday at 9PM".

I walked back to wait for my date and realized she had emerged before I did and witnessed the entire thing. She had steam coming out her ears.

She later said "Do you realize I could have any guy in the whole bar room if I wanted?". The sad fact is she could. Men can't compete with the number of potential mates women have, even on their best day.
bigneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Alex DeLarge
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 849
Alex DeLarge is a glorious beacon of lightAlex DeLarge is a glorious beacon of lightAlex DeLarge is a glorious beacon of lightAlex DeLarge is a glorious beacon of lightAlex DeLarge is a glorious beacon of light
I only would if my girlfriend was not giving me enough sex.
Alex DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
gspshields2
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 480
gspshields2 is infamous around these parts
I think only the average chump like me has no options.
gspshields2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
thevilittletroll
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Age: 37
Posts: 336
thevilittletroll is a jewel in the roughthevilittletroll is a jewel in the roughthevilittletroll is a jewel in the roughthevilittletroll is a jewel in the rough
i believe this statement to be true. but i also believe its much more true concerning women. i think that women actually cheat more than men, due to the fact they do have so many more options. i have a friend who only bangs chicks that have bf's or married. he's been doing this for many years, and he's very successful at it. attraction is a very powerful tool to have. it will make women do things you didnt think were possible, regardless of their relationship status. my friend is the minority, he gets girls to cheat just because he has mad game. most girls cheat cause their relationships are now boring. their bf's hed enough game to get her, but you still have to have enough game to keep her.
thevilittletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
sstype
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: atl, GA
Age: 28
Posts: 729
sstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigneil
True - and because women have way more options, this is why it's hard to maintain HB8+ women in relationships, even if a man is good looking himself.

I was at a bar with my HB8 date on NYE and we went to the restroom. As I came back out a beautiful girl walked by me and took a double-take. Then, after walking half-way across the room, she turned around and smiled at me. I called her over and we met half-way. She shook my hand and said "My name is (x), you are beautiful and I will be here Friday at 9PM".

I walked back to wait for my date and realized she had emerged before I did and witnessed the entire thing. She had steam coming out her ears.

She later said "Do you realize I could have any guy in the whole bar room if I wanted?". The sad fact is she could. Men can't compete with the number of potential mates women have, even on their best day.

You're exactly right. It's too easy for a woman to stray if she chooses to do so....that's why its such a big deal when it happens because it generally indicates a failure of the relationship.

The majority of men have nowhere near this level of options, so it makes no sense when they tout their fidelity as some kind of virtue when its never really tested on a regular basis. I would be impressed if a famous celebrity or athlete stayed faithful, but true to my point, the majority of them cheat.
sstype is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
zekko
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 53
Posts: 6,415
zekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond repute
This quote is definitely not true, at least not in my case. I could see that it might be true for some guys.

I know for a fact I could cheat with any number of women if that's what I wanted to do. I'm with my girlfriend because I choose to be. Being a cheater is not part of my self image, and I would see it as a waste of time and energy, not to mention a potential source of drama. If it was that important to me to be screwing around, I wouldn't have a girlfriend.
zekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
Jaylan
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,129
Jaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant futureJaylan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekko
This quote is definitely not true, at least not in my case. I could see that it might be true for some guys.

I know for a fact I could cheat with any number of women if that's what I wanted to do. I'm with my girlfriend because I choose to be. Being a cheater is not part of my self image, and I would see it as a waste of time and energy, not to mention a potential source of drama. If it was that important to me to be screwing around, I wouldn't have a girlfriend.
^This ad infinitum

I have dated foxy chicks and have had even foxier gals try and kick game to me, but my desire for my partner overrides any possible lust. I wont make myself a hypocrite nor do something I wouldnt want my partner to do to me.
Jaylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
bigneil
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,006
bigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond repute
I find that I can be faithful because when I fall for a girl she supersedes any girl I could meet. That said, if a 10 threw herself at me I can't say I would be faithful. We probably all have a breaking point that is rarely challenged in men.
bigneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
Lexington
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 1,219
Lexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud of
Well there certainly is some truth to that statement although it can't be applied universally. Of course, a guy who can't attract many women is less likely to cheat than a guy who can easily land lots of different women.

Tiger Woods was rich and famous enough that he could easily get it on with lots of beautiful women. Sure he had a very hot wife, but he also faced the temptation of many beautiful women that he could easily have. Evidently, he could not resist those temptations.
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
sstype
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: atl, GA
Age: 28
Posts: 729
sstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigneil
I find that I can be faithful because when I fall for a girl she supersedes any girl I could meet. That said, if a 10 threw herself at me I can't say I would be faithful. We probably all have a breaking point that is rarely challenged in men.

I feel the same way towards my girlfriend. I love her and wouldn't waste time trying to go out of my way to cheat....If I have to go through the same courting process again; find an interested girl, spend time, dates, money on her, then it would be too much effort and too much risk to make it worth it. Most guys go this route and usually end up getting caught because its hard to maintain two separate relationships, let alone one, without getting busted..

But faced with an easy lay from an attractive woman with little risk of getting caught, I can't say I would refuse. Here, only a select few men have this kind of scenario happening on a consistent basis. I'm sure many of them refused to stray the first few times....but I doubt they managed to stay this way for long.

Last edited by sstype : 07-07-2011 at 02:08 PM.
sstype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #12
bigneil
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,006
bigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond reputebigneil has a reputation beyond repute
Because women have more options they are more likely to stray, which is why men have to trade down to achieve balance in a relationship.

Women often confuse the best guy who will use them for sex with the best guy they can have in a relationship. Some will then make their bf feel inadequate by reminding him of the guys she could be sleeping with.
bigneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
thevilittletroll
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Age: 37
Posts: 336
thevilittletroll is a jewel in the roughthevilittletroll is a jewel in the roughthevilittletroll is a jewel in the roughthevilittletroll is a jewel in the rough
one thing to also keep in mind fellas, if your gf knows you have mad skills in picking up women, and she should, thats one of the attraction switches is being pre-selected by other beautiful women, your gf is less likely to cheat. even if your gf is a hard 10. you still need to keep the dynamic of being the alpha male, and that your social value is higher than hers. as long as you can do this your gf will remain madly attracted to you, and she wont cheat.
thevilittletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #14
The_411
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 751
The_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud of
It's true to a point, but ultimately the question is why do men stay in relationships that they have no intention of remaining faithful.

Using the I was drunk or the one thing lead to another excuses don't fly for men becuase they're excuses women use.

Men are supposed to be in control.

Now if a guy has no problem philandering and willingly does it then that is a different story.
The_411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
Warrior74
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 5,115
Warrior74 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigneil
True - and because women have way more options, this is why it's hard to maintain HB8+ women in relationships, even if a man is good looking himself.

I was at a bar with my HB8 date on NYE and we went to the restroom. As I came back out a beautiful girl walked by me and took a double-take. Then, after walking half-way across the room, she turned around and smiled at me. I called her over and we met half-way. She shook my hand and said "My name is (x), you are beautiful and I will be here Friday at 9PM".

I walked back to wait for my date and realized she had emerged before I did and witnessed the entire thing. She had steam coming out her ears.

She later said "Do you realize I could have any guy in the whole bar room if I wanted?". The sad fact is she could. Men can't compete with the number of potential mates women have, even on their best day.

I'm a douche and I know it. My response would have been. So. I could have her. Or if I liked her my smile would have said that. Anyway how did the rest of your date turn out? Because while she could have any guy in there, she wanted you. Did it up or lower her attraction?
Warrior74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #16
sstype
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: atl, GA
Age: 28
Posts: 729
sstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to allsstype is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_411
It's true to a point, but ultimately the question is why do men stay in relationships that they have no intention of remaining faithful.

Men are supposed to be in control.


Is a man truly defined by his ability to be "in control" when it comes to fidelity?

What about the top 10% wealthy men, athletes, celebrites who are nortorious for cheating?

Is the faithful average-looking, average income office worker more of a "man" and they (the top 10%) less of one?

As to why men get into relationships they have no intention of staying faithful in....I think the main reason stems from conflicting desires. We all want that good girl that will take care of us, keep us company, support us, and give us children..and when that opportunity shows up...its hard to turn a good thing like that down.....at the same time we desire to "sow our wild oats" It's hard to shut off either our longing for love or longing for lust. For me, singlehood can be lonely and depressing....but at the same time being in a commitment monogamous relationship makes me feel "trapped"

I guess I just want it both ways.....if that makes me a hypocrite then so be it.

Last edited by sstype : 07-07-2011 at 02:03 PM.
sstype is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
DonGorgon
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments of the truth..
Age: 35
Posts: 4,718
DonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond repute
"a woman is only as faith full as she feels like being at that particular moment.."
__________________
It's all GREY and FUZZY because she THINKS with her FEELINGS.
DonGorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
The_411
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 751
The_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud ofThe_411 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstype
Is a man truly defined by his ability to be "in control" when it comes to fidelity?

What about the top 10% wealthy men, athletes, celebrites who are nortorious for cheating?

Is the faithful average-looking, average income office worker more of a "man" and they (the top 10%) less of one?

As to why men get into relationships they have no intention of staying faithful in....I think the main reason stems from conflicting desires. We all want that good girl that will take care of us, keep us company, support us, and give us children..and when that opportunity shows up...its hard to turn a good thing like that down.....at the same time we desire to "sow our wild oats" It's hard to shut off either our longing for love or longing for lust. For me, singlehood can be lonely and depressing....but at the same time being in a commitment monogamous relationship makes me feel "trapped"

I guess I just want it both ways.....if that makes me a hypocrite then so be it.

It makes you a fence sitter. If you want many women then go after many women if you want a relationship then have a relationship.

Being indecisive is a femine trait.
The_411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #19
zekko
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 53
Posts: 6,415
zekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigneil
We probably all have a breaking point that is rarely challenged in men.
I agree we probably all have a breaking point (women too, for that matter).
In the right circumstance, with the right girl, the right amount of temptation, probably almost anyone would cheat. The circumstances probably vary widely from person to person.

But I think that's a far different thing than saying "A man is only as faithful as his options". To me, that implies that a man is only faithful if he has no other options. That I disagree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstype
As to why men get into relationships they have no intention of staying faithful in....I think the main reason stems from conflicting desires. We all want that good girl that will take care of us, keep us company, support us, and give us children..and when that opportunity shows up...its hard to turn a good thing like that down.....at the same time we desire to "sow our wild oats"
Yes, this guy gets it, I've been saying this since I've been here. Guys have conflicting desires (most of us anyway). We want to spread our seed but we also want to pair bond (for the survival of children).
Usually guys on this forum will only admit that the "spread our seed" part is natural.
zekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #20
women haze
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 489
women haze is a jewel in the roughwomen haze is a jewel in the roughwomen haze is a jewel in the rough
ooooh he is calling you a girl nigga!!!!
__________________
I will get better at this no matter what..Life is short have fun, and stay focused. This is the creed of life look forward never backwards
women haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Kirsch designed by section02


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.