Articles

Quick Tips

Learn How to Turn Your Phone Into a Chick Magnet

Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > Don Juan Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
49au
Senior Don Juan

49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold
Humorous POF profile that got me results

Last year I met several great looking women on POF. For a little while I experimented with the following profile, and it WORKED. Women were messaging me and I was going on dates and getting laid.

I thought I had posted this on another forum a long time ago, Googled it, and found that some guy on OKCupid copied my profile! Hope he's doing well with it.

The headline was "I cry myself to sleep every night"
My occupation is listed as "Drug Lord"

Here was the text:
Quote:
I just moved here. I don't have a car, a job, a phone, a steady place to live, or proper hygiene. I'm on parole.

I don't like music, fitness, the outdoors, pets, travel, or much of anything other than drinking. I wear Ed Hardy and Affliction every single day (I love rhinestones).

I'm not sarcastic or funny at all either. So if you're looking for that, I may not be for you.

Basically, I'm just looking for someone to give me a ride around town.

Under the "first date" section it said something like "Casual sex"

What I found so interesting about this profile was that I got messaged/approached more than when I did a "serious" profile.

btw... here is my current profile, in which I retained some of these elements although it is more serious: http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprof...le_id=27881577, any critique is appreciated. I tried to incorporate good pictures, pre-selection, social value, a sense of indifference, and most importantly HUMOR, and what I have found is that girls are messaging me with ease because they have something to joke about. I have gotten a lot of messages just from the "drug lord" angle alone. And when I get messages like this it is very easy to have a natural, humorous, flowing conversation that leads to an easy # close without EVER going into the boring "interview" questions mode.

I haven't been back on POF very long (just got out of an LTR), but I hope to repeat my results from last year.
49au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
oneboy21
Senior Don Juan

oneboy21 will become famous soon enoughoneboy21 will become famous soon enough
EVen if you don't put those traits in your profile you will get chicks promise me, your pictures are very good.
oneboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
49au
Senior Don Juan

49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold49au is a splendid one to behold
Yes, but the humor/sarcasm/indifference makes it much easier for girls to contact me and maintain a fun conversation that doesn't devolve into interview style questions.

It helps.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
oneboy21
Senior Don Juan

oneboy21 will become famous soon enoughoneboy21 will become famous soon enough
I agree with you
oneboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
UnsworthK
Don Juan

UnsworthK is on a distinguished road
What the hell is being married by August 2011 all about? You don't want that really? Do you?
UnsworthK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
PappyS
Don Juan

PappyS has a spectacular aura aboutPappyS has a spectacular aura about
I think we've already established that internet dating is homosexual. Mostly ugly, used-up b!tches who don't respond to sh!t. What a complete f-u-c-k-i-n-g waste.

Internet dating probably works best for ugly closeted homosexual men who want to meet other ugly closeted homosexual men behind their wives' backs.
PappyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
49au
Senior Don Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsworthK
What the hell is being married by August 2011 all about? You don't want that really? Do you?

I hope you're kidding. lol
Old 05-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
DonGorgon
Master Don Juan

Location: Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments of the truth..
DonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond reputeDonGorgon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneboy21
EVen if you don't put those traits in your profile you will get chicks promise me, your pictures are very good.
yup most women will say he is cute and not even care what his profile says ... lol pictures are 95% of the deal
Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
omkara
Senior Don Juan

omkara has a spectacular aura aboutomkara has a spectacular aura aboutomkara has a spectacular aura about
haha that's actually pretty funny. So when a girl messages you, would you try to play it off or admit that it was a joke? For example if a girl says, are you really a drug lord?
omkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
Wilko
Senior Don Juan

Wilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud ofWilko has much to be proud of
The new profile is pretty solid, especially the pics, they're really well picked. I wonder if you could let the pics speak for you and drop some of the lines that are verging into cliche territory, i.e. staying in, going out, culture, travel. The pics already convey that stuff pretty well. You could putz those lines off and amp up the schtick instead, which you're great at.
Wilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
49au
Senior Don Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkara
haha that's actually pretty funny. So when a girl messages you, would you try to play it off or admit that it was a joke? For example if a girl says, are you really a drug lord?

It was kind of a test for me of a girl's sense of humor and wit. I had conversations about it with girls where we would joke about it, and I would maintain that I was, but they just went along with it and had fun. It is important for me to have a girl that can be silly and gets my sarcastic humor.

Conversations like that kept things light, funny, and away from boring crap like "So how long have you lived here?" It also helps you stay more mysterious.

The other line that got me a lot of play was the one about basically just looking for a ride around town.

I am not denying that the pictures aren't good; I'm saying that having a little bit of silliness makes it much easier for an interested women to contact you... and showing indifference is always good as well. So I try to mix the two.

Wilko,

Probably a good idea that I will visit later. Sometimes less is more.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
dudewut
Senior Don Juan

dudewut is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the "on parole" got them lol women do love the bad boys
dudewut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
Solomon
Master Don Juan

Solomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant futureSolomon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewut
I think the "on parole" got them lol women do love the bad boys

While that line may be gold I doubt it for a blackguy like my self it would work as well considering that most ignorant folks already believe the stereotype that all black men are paroles

:sad:

"Let us not hope for easier women but strive to be better men."--Dgwidzal

Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
PrettyBoyAJ
Master Don Juan

PrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud ofPrettyBoyAJ has much to be proud of
Adam Levine in the house. Jk but the profile is funny.
Speak LESS (Law #4) and JUST DO IT (Law #9).
PrettyBoyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote