Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women are generally not interested in current events

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not making this post to intentionally be degrading towards women but this is just a honest observation. I am in my mid twenties and notice many of my guy friends are contemplative about the state of the world. They are interested in politics, world wars, conflict, current events and history. Many of the educated ones, especially the ones educated in the liberal arts or political science can hold a stimulating conversation. We often sit at lunch and converse about current political events, and the meaning life, mortgage bubbles, college loan bubble, economic state of the USA etc.

I notice that very rarely do the tables with women (fellow students) have conversations equal to the conversations that the men have. They are usually talking about other people, or about what happened in their day. Never have they brought up politics, current events or anything that indicates that they question status quot. They are often amazed at how interesting the topics at our tables are.

It seems like most attractive or semi attractive women just don't seem very inquisitive about the world. They really dont care about anything that transcends petty gossip, complaining about mundane everyday tasks or family planning. To be fair i have met some very politically aware women (they are very rare), not all are clueless. It seems like a higher percentage of women are uninterested in the state of the world than their male counterparts.

I have to also admit that there are PLENTY of mentally shallow men. I am friends with many. But it still seems that proportionally there are more well rounded, conversationally stimulating men then there are women. For example i admire the intelligence of many of posters on this board. They can give small amounts of advice on things like military, economics, education, and money management. You dont find this range of topics at places like loveshack that are women dominated. I am willing to bet most of the philosophy, war, politics comments even on youtube are from guys.

If you think i am being harsh, try this experiment. Ask a semi/ attractive female friend of yours in their mid twenties one plane used in World War 2. Or ask them about a couple topics in political current events like the union worker protest. Or what they think about the financial regulation reform. Let me know how that goes.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
To this day; In my 34 years on this earth, I have never seen a woman read a newspaper, or watch cnn, or even check out nytimes.com or something. They don't give a fuvk!

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
General rule of thumb: women aren't interested in anything that doesn't involve themselves.

Even the rare ones are only as interesting as your average guy, if you can see past the tits & arse.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon25 said:
To this day; In my 34 years on this earth, I have never seen a woman read a newspaper, or watch cnn, or even check out nytimes.com or something. They don't give a fuvk!
And they think they're entitled to equal pay as us!! :whistle: They have no concept of fairness. They should stay in the fvckin kitchen! wash those dishes b!tch!

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, this thread is so true!!!!

This is one reason why I question men who have friendships with women.

There are very few women who provide stimulating conversation beyond themselves and the gossip pages.

Poonani, it seems you are being sarcastic? I'd like to hear your experiences with women who know what's going on.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pandora said:
Never have they brought up politics, current events or anything that indicates that they question status quot.
Sounds like there is a good qualifying question in there somewhere. "There are so many girls today who only think about... Have you ever thought about..."

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the reason why most women, and almost all women who are 9+ don't focus on current events is because they want to MARRY/FU&* a world leader not BE a world leader.

So they look at being knowledge as an utter waste of their time. Most girls cannot make the connection between KNOWLEDGE and POWER...because their gossip filled brains cannot fathom BECOMING. only the PRESENT.

I've seen this firsthand. A classmate I knew, very nerdy started a social networking company and got a 7 figure venture capital budget. He worked for 4 years through college to get it started..never had a date..no girl cared that this kid could be the next bill gates...then two months before grad he got his money, it was in the papers...EVERY SINGLE GIRL who had ever ignored him at a frat party was into him, asking me about him, who is he dating LOL!... ...

girls, especially hot girls don't care about anything but the present and how you can help them....the past and future to them are of no consequence.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget what they tell you. We are different. We think differently and we have different goals and motivations. Ying and Yang. Not worse just different. There are exceptions, Mrs. Thatcher for example, who don't need quotas but there is many who need encouragement and appreciation. They almost always are daddies girls, trying to live up to his image of them, probably for not having a son. These girls have ambition but lack confidence.

So, some of them start to write about it, how it is not their fault they have no confidence and drive etc. And the Left helps them because they see the feminine element as the Good, forgetting that the Good is in the centre.

The feminine element is in general very down to Earth, no big picture, passive, you name it. So there is no drive for World politics.
That's why searching for the soul mate is futile and I don't believe in it. If we both will be out saving the world, who would take care of our children?

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me....did you know the federal deficit last MONTH, exceeded the entire federal deficit in 2007?

Her....I got a coupon for a free pair of panties at Victoria's Secret.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most American women are interested in politics insofar as it affects their well-being - abortion, family planning, breast cancer research, equal pay, and the like.

This is not necessarily a bad thing - I'm all for each individual taking care of him/herself first as a matter of practicality and part of the pursuit of happiness. Life is short and you can only worry about so many problems.

World or even national events on the other hand don't seem to register as high. Of course I've met many exceptions. A few girls I knew (including one I dated) were greatly interested in Latin American studies and the US's role in that region (and knew more than I did about it at the time). Another I knew was preoccupied with animal rights almost to a fault. Yet another I dated was at the time complaining in depth about Bush's conservative Supreme Court nominees. In fact, with all of them it was nice to have political conversations, especially because they didn't devolve into childish arguments. I didn't always agree with their points of view but I could at least respect their positions.

However - I've met (and dated) a large number of women more worried about TV shows, makeup, shoes, Sex & the City, and their friends' relationship status. I suppose it's the female equivalent of a meatheaded guy who only watches sports and Michael Bay films.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Damn right they aren't! Unless they're involved in them.

They talk about shopping and fashion a lot. MSNBC is out of the question. Soap operas are something among older women. They always talk about how they reject and tease men, and that they want a well-to-do man etc.

Bring up Young and restless and Victoria's Secret and you'll hear a long rant! Bring up the NBC news and she won't know Tom Brokaw from a Pop-Tart!

Funnily, when I spoke to a young girl in Atlanta about the troubles of Delta Airlines, and she thought I was talking about a sorority! WTF?!

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, 4 out of the top 5 threads in this forum are:

"Women are generally not interested in current events"
"How Feminism Ruined Dating"
"Why can't females accept rejection?"
"The art of "hard to get" is lost on women these days..."

Lotta men who don't understand women--and who appear to dislike them too--on these boards these days! And in the "Mature" forum no less. Very strange, or par for the course?

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I curiously opened this thread to see how Zarky could have possibly contributed to this futile thread, I am very relieved and refreshed to see his response.

Honestly, I'd be more interested to read lectures on municipal drainage systems.

Cut these meaningless rants, seriously, let's work on something productive.
Like how do we increase the influx of women to our lives in a reproducible way?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Interesting, 4 out of the top 5 threads in this forum are:

"Women are generally not interested in current events"
"How Feminism Ruined Dating"
"Why can't females accept rejection?"
"The art of "hard to get" is lost on women these days..."

Lotta men who don't understand women--and who appear to dislike them too--on these boards these days! And in the "Mature" forum no less. Very strange, or par for the course?
Here is my thing

Is it even really a bad thing lol? I have said it a million times, I freaking do not want to date me. I can't date a clone of backbreaker. I am not a conspiracy guy or g around making political posts all the time but I am very much politically aware, i visit forums, I am a huffpo addict lol. I like politics. I could not, date a woman who likes potlics as much as I do. Hell it's bad enough I date a woman that likes horse racing as I do, our biggest argument to date is because of horse racing. My finacee could not possibly give less a damn about politics than she does lol. If she were on the weakest link and you asked her what GOP stood for she would have to use a life line lol. And I'm cool with that, I don't want to date me.

Lol, you know what pisses me off though this is kinda random. you know when you are with a group of women there are attractive and some jerk off b rings up politics and these ****s start talking about ****, and couldn't be possibly more wrong and the guys start to agree with them because they want to get laid. god that pisses me off.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares? I have one great female friend who I can talk to like one of the guys. She's exceptional. Other than that I don't really worry about it. I just want a woman to be a woman, not be more like a man. (no my fair lady homie).

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the answer is in evolution and history, during most of which women had to depend entirely upon men just to survive. For early human woman, it didn't matter much to them what was happening in the next clan of people over the hill. But it did matter to men, because they were the ones who provided security, maintained political relations, and went to war. Womens' skills as a gender developed around their immediate social circle and family relationships. Even before there was any sort of formal law and order, early human tribes would simply banish the members they found intolerable. For a man, that could be difficult, but for a woman it was certain death, because they could not survive on their own. After enough time evolving this way, women have become better than men at skills like being able to tell if another woman is about to cry, but anything beyond their own interpersonal relationships is often lost on them.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Pandora,
At your age I was too worried about finding my way to work from the bed of some bleary eyed woman I had met the night before,to turn the radio on to cry about the US deficit.....As long as "Old Father Thames keeps rolling along...Nations may come and Nations may go...",your Knowledge of this,matters not one iota....So "Gather ye rosebuds,while ye may"

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the answer is in evolution and history, during most of which women had to depend entirely upon men just to survive. For early human woman, it didn't matter much to them what was happening in the next clan of people over the hill. But it did matter to men, because they were the ones who provided security, maintained political relations, and went to war. Womens' skills as a gender developed around their immediate social circle and family relationships. Even before there was any sort of formal law and order, early human tribes would simply banish the members they found intolerable. For a man, that could be difficult, but for a woman it was certain death, because they could not survive on their own. After enough time evolving this way, women have become better than men at skills like being able to tell if another woman is about to cry, but anything beyond their own interpersonal relationships is often lost on them.
I have never heard it put this way before. It makes alot of sense now.

I curiously opened this thread to see how Zarky could have possibly contributed to this futile thread, I am very relieved and refreshed to see his response.

Honestly, I'd be more interested to read lectures on municipal drainage systems.

Cut these meaningless rants, seriously, let's work on something productive.
Like how do we increase the influx of women to our lives in a reproducible way?
The reason i started this thread is because its become hard to talk to women on a non superficial level. I have a couple hot female friends now and a girlfriend. It seems like their favorite topic of discussion is other people. It good to know that other men have experienced the same thing. With my girlfriend sometimes i want to have an intellectual convo about philosophy or sumthin with her bringing up some useless topic.
Once u have gotten past the whole im just trying to get chicks thing, you start to notice things like this.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pandora said:
I have never heard it put this way before. It makes alot of sense now.

The reason i started this thread is because its become hard to talk to women on a non superficial level. I have a couple hot female friends now and a girlfriend. It seems like their favorite topic of discussion is other people. It good to know that other men have experienced the same thing. With my girlfriend sometimes i want to have an intellectual convo about philosophy or sumthin with her bringing up some useless topic.
Once u have gotten past the whole im just trying to get chicks thing, you start to notice things like this.
damn brah lol, you don't have to be so extreme. you act like, we are either going to talk about her favorite shoe, or we are going to take about cap and trade regulations lol,. There are t hings you can talk about that are not serious, but aren't superficial.

It seems like their favorite topic of discussion is other people.
well there is your problem with there, you aren't leading. a conversation with a woman is like a good dance, the man leads, the woman follows, but does most the dancing. I can talk so this has never been a problem for me.

With my girlfriend sometimes i want to have an intellectual convo about philosophy or sumthin with her bringing up some useless topic.
that's why god invented internet forums. to talk about **** you can't talk about with women

Once u have gotten past the whole im just trying to get chicks thing, you start to notice things like this
lol that has absolutely nothing to do with it. **** i'm engaged and I don't talk with my finacee about the **** you talk with women about. she asks me (seriously) why charlie sheen can smoke crack and function and i can't lol. we had a good night long debate about that, **** good for him. we talka bout the colors for our wedding, well she tells me about what they are going to be is more like it, I made a suggestion and she came back and had ignored it, i just gave up then. we watch netflix, talk about food we want to eat, we play hide and seak with our son, we play super mario, we tak about how much arknasas basketball sucks and i explain to her how we used to be pretty freaking sweet back in the day and what 40 minutes of hell was. we have fun, even after 3 years. why would i want to come home or stop working as i work from home, and talk to my woman about the uprising in the middle east or the 2012 presidential election. That tells me you don't have an outlet. men never talked to wmen about that type of ****, they talked to other men about that.

“Men are the warriors, women are the relaxation to the warriors." ~ Nietzsche