Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Everyone: What are your thoughts on girls that have a lot of guy friends?

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't in regards to any particular situation, I'm more just curious on what you guys think about the subject. So... girls that have a lot of guy friends. I know there is a bad stigma associated with it on this forum (i.e. they're usually attention wh0res, not trustworthy, slvtty, likes leading a guy on, etc), but after hearing a girl explain why she did I have to admit it is somewhat reasonable. The typical explanation that girls give is that guys are less dramatic than girls and usually there isn't a whole lot of bull**** associated with them, which admittedly does make sense.

From personal experience, I don't have many female friends (and I mean like friends in the sense that I would just call them and just kick it with), and the ones that I do have I've hooked up with at one point or the other. However, my two closest female friends are the only girls that are the exception to this rule; I haven't hooked up with either of them, but at the same time I don't really find them that attractive. I usually act as a brotherly figure (giving advice, helping them out, venting with them, etc) to those two girls.

As for dating, I typically avoid girls that have a lot of guy friends just on principle and because I've been on this site long enough to know that it's just something you don't want to get involved with... but to be honest I've never really stopped and thought about it. I can see why girls would have guy friends, but then again I feel like there's definitely a threshold there.

It just popped into my head and I figured we could have a discussion on what you guys thought about it. What is your personal stance on the subject? What does a girl having a lot of guy friends generally signify to you?

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Brighty said:
This isn't in regards to any particular situation, I'm more just curious on what you guys think about the subject. So... girls that have a lot of guy friends. I know there is a bad stigma associated with it on this forum (i.e. they're usually attention wh0res, not trustworthy, slvtty, likes leading a guy on, etc), but after hearing a girl explain why she did I have to admit it is somewhat reasonable. The typical explanation that girls give is that guys are less dramatic than girls and usually there isn't a whole lot of bull**** associated with them, which admittedly does make sense. From personal experience, I don't have many female friends (and I mean like friends in the sense that I would just call them and just kick it with), and the ones that I do have I've hooked up with at one point or the other. However, my two closest female friends are the only girls that are the exception to this rule; I haven't hooked up with either of them, but at the same time I don't really find them that attractive. I usually act as a brotherly figure (giving advice, helping them out, venting with them, etc) to those two girls.

As for dating, I typically avoid girls that have a lot of guy friends just on principle and because I've been on this site long enough to know that it's just something you don't want to get involved with... but to be honest I've never really stopped and thought about it. I can see why girls would have guy friends, but then again I feel like there's definitely a threshold there.

It just popped into my head and I figured we could have a discussion on what you guys thought about it. What is your personal stance on the subject? What does a girl having a lot of guy friends generally signify to you?
I completely agree with you OP. I've spoken to girls about it and in my experience I've found that they're generally smarter or more down-to earth if they have a lot of guy friends.

I've heard similar responses also, Brighty, that girls pick up on other girls' bullsh*t and don't like it. It's always cool to talk to them about this stuff, but as you said it's usually not best to get involved with them relationship wise.

Although something I've found is that these females are almost ALWAYS down with girl on girl stuff, which is cool. :D
But that proabbly makes them look more sl­utty, especially to guys on here.

Usually I get along with these girls pretty well but I don't let down my guard with them. I don't hate them though, and I'd like to know why most of Sosuave does--nice thread.

Myrrdin

Don Juan
Reaction score
The typical explanation that girls give is that guys are less dramatic than girls and usually there isn't a whole lot of bull**** associated with them, which admittedly does make sense.
Or maybe her girl friends just don't put up with her bullsh1t?

Andy_Dufresne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a couple of underlying factors to consider:

1. The girl with a lot of guy friends may have grown up in a male dominated household with a a lot of brothers and therefore feels more comfortable around men.

2. Ask any 10 - she has a hard time finding other women to hang out with because her less attractive 8 and 9 friends are easily intimidated and jealous, and thinking the attractive one will steal the attention and the boyfriend as well. If you've ever been in a relationship with an 8 or 9 (most of us have)I'm sure you've experienced the "we're meeting up with 10, she's very attractive, try not to spend the whole night staring at her boobs" speech.

3. There are a lot of women that just emotionally "tune out" after a bad relationship or breakup. For instance...one to learn from.... one time I hung out with a woman in this situation for about a month who lived with a guy and had about 25 guy "email" friends (this was before the facebook explosion). After a couple of dates I made my move, she didn't seem that interested so I nexted her immediately - she was mega hot and a lot of fun but sorry, if I'm not getting any, it's not worth my time and effort. Going into orbit is about the most AFC thing you can do in my book.

Not that I'm any sage or anything, but my advice for this type: They seem great, if you are lucky enough to get the date, take it to the next level, sh^t test them to death, make them pay for everything, show them you mean business. And if she has 1800 facebook friends...RUN, don't walk.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
too many variables.

take a woman into sports, like really into sports. she's going to have alot of guy friends, just by being around sports. becuase that's what guys do. doesn't' mean she wants to suck all of them off.

my rule of thumb is do not look at the women in this situation, that's the mistake allot of men make, because a woman will tell you anything to keep you around. Look at the men.

If you have a bunch of guys that know they aren't getting any, that are just coo cat dudes and she's hanging with the guys, I have no problem with that.

But if all the guys seem to be flings that didn't work out, or guys that you can tell want it.. run like the ****ens. she's an attention ***** ****tease.

I never bought into the beautiful women can't talk to girls thing. every hot girl I know had just as equally hot friends. hot women, really hot ones, have so many rotation guys, they don't give a ****. all of them have a stable of 5-10 men, and just spread the wealth. oh girl he likes you good for you, you need to date him. It takes a damn damn good catch to make 2 smoking hot women jealous. I can honestly say, I can rate all my gF's friends, expect 2, and he has like 12, at least a 7. one is a stone cold 9 and for me that's like an avg person's 11, i'm extremely harsh.

Jblitz59

Don Juan
Reaction score
well I personally have a girl right now with this situation.
I just hope everyone else doesn't have to deal with it.

I think it is a good theory and solid grounding if truly the "guys are less dramatic than girls and usually there isn't a whole lot of bull**** associated with them".

but, if there are any signs of emotion towards the guy 'friends' it is a red flag.
like if she says," Oh I hate (or love) him so much" or " He makes me feel so _____"

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
4.HB6-BPD, admitted to cheating on her live-in BF with 13 men.
WooW That sounds like One Crazy Night !!!!!

Biggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I think is funny is that most girls think it's cool to hang out with a bunch of guys. Many of the girls i meet are always like "Yeah i have way more guy friends than girlfriends, guys are more fun." And they say it with a kind of attitude like they think they're cool for hanging out with so many guys.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be anything, and could mean alot of different things. So don't care.

Always remember, attraction is never a competition. Either you can do it, or you can't. Even if she has 500 guys lusting after her, chances are she's bored with them. So go for it and don't worry so much.