SoSuave.com

Articles

Quick Tips

Learn How to Turn Your Phone Into a Chick Magnet


Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > The Mature Man
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
squirrels
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have been replaced...by Old Spice
Age: 35
Posts: 6,682
squirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant future
Do not fall for girls inflating your ego!

Lesson to all "Don Juans"...if a girl wants to f**k you all the time, goes on and on about how perfect you are, how awesome the sex is, how in-love she is with you, etc, etc after the first couple months of dating, chances are it's an act.

She's trying to MANIPULATE you...and she's saying/doing all that stuff because she wants to play to your ego and make you think, "yes, she really DOES love me...it's all so PERFECT", so she can get away with MURDER later.

If her tactic works, you'll be so blinded by the stream of affection, you'll fail to notice the indiscretions/red flags as they pop up, like the OP here did:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176445

Romance does not work on a "karma-system". Do not let her get away with emotionally or verbally abusing you, "cheating", etc...just because she did all that nice sh!t for you in the beginning. Being affectionate as hell in the beginning does NOT earn her the right to act insane and treat you like sh!t later on.

Men make the mistake of thinking that women are stupid. They're not...they're all cunning little schemers. We make the assumption that if a woman "falls in love" too fast, it's because our pimp-hands are just THAT strong.

Hate to bust the ego-bubble, but this is NOT SO. It may be because we have "strong frames", but more often than you'd like to admit, this is a power-play by women...they use this to try to pre-empt the frame and distract you while they just take control. There IS a way to be "strong from underneath"...a way to exude influence and steal the frame away from you by playing the subservient female. And these hot crazy women are EXPERTS at it.

Watch the "Chinpokomon" episode of South Park, where Emperor Hirohito distracts the men of America from their plans for invasion by telling them how much bigger their pen!ses are than those of the Japanese. It's hilarious, but if you look at it, there's a deeper social commentary there. Sadly, this is EXACTLY how many men get lured by women into letting their guards down. So ecstatic about "how big their pen!ses are", how strong their pimp-hand appears to be with women, they simply let women get away with anything, figuring that he can always reel her back in should things get too out of control.

If you're going to take one thing away from this post, take this: WOMEN ARE SELFISH through the first couple months of the relationship. They're still deciding at that point whether they WANT to be involved with you. Sure, a woman may start to love spending time with you (because you're so awesome), but she's doing it because she enjoys it, not because you do.

Any woman who is too eager to give praise, gifts, time, etc through the early stages of the interaction...there's a reason for it. Learn to spot her games for what they are.

Question why she goes on and on about how good the sex is, even though you blew your load early the first time. Question why she talks about how huge your d*** is, even though it's only average-size. Question WHY she would say she's in-love with you after one month and maybe 6 dates, HARDLY enough time to get to know whether you're worth "loving" or not. Question why she gives SO much of her time to you, seeing you 5-6 times a week. Does she have NOTHING better to do??

An "honest woman" will be affectionate, but unsure. She'll be much more casual and she'll give things time to move along at their own pace, to decide if she REALLY wants to spend more time with you.

Expect a little resistance during the seduction. That's part of the FUN. If you don't get it, if it seems too easy, chances are it's NOT because you have "such gigantic, mastadonic pen!s".

Chances are....

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/da...ral_ackbar.jpg
__________________
What you know does not matter - what you do matters. - Mark Twight

I've seen a million faces...and I've rocked 'em all!
squirrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
samspade
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 38
Posts: 3,338
samspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond reputesamspade has a reputation beyond repute
Shoot. Guess I'll cancel that porn audition...

File this under "don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

I'd say this is what trips up a lot of AFCs - they have their egos flattered and start acting more "into" the girl as a kind of knee jerk response, parroting back her charming words. Usually followed by dumpsville.
__________________
I will not be a common man. I will stir the smooth sands of monotony. I do not crave security. I wish to hazard my soul to opportunity. - Peter O'Toole
samspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
J. Darko
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 364
J. Darko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrels
Lesson to all "Don Juans"...if a girl wants to f**k you all the time, goes on and on about how perfect you are, how awesome the sex is, how in-love she is with you, etc, etc after the first couple months of dating, chances are it's an act.

Are you sure?

She's trying to MANIPULATE you...and she's saying/doing all that stuff because she wants to play to your ego and make you think, "yes, she really DOES love me...it's all so PERFECT", so she can get away with MURDER later.

Is that so?

If her tactic works, you'll be so blinded by the stream of affection, you'll fail to notice the indiscretions/red flags as they pop up, like the OP here did:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176445

Romance does not work on a "karma-system". Do not let her get away with emotionally or verbally abusing you, "cheating", etc...just because she did all that nice sh!t for you in the beginning. Being affectionate as hell in the beginning does NOT earn her the right to act insane and treat you like sh!t later on.

Men make the mistake of thinking that women are stupid. They're not...they're all cunning little schemers. We make the assumption that if a woman "falls in love" too fast, it's because our pimp-hands are just THAT strong.

How do you know?

Hate to bust the ego-bubble, but this is NOT SO. It may be because we have "strong frames", but more often than you'd like to admit, this is a power-play by women...they use this to try to pre-empt the frame and distract you while they just take control. There IS a way to be "strong from underneath"...a way to exude influence and steal the frame away from you by playing the subservient female. And these hot crazy women are EXPERTS at it.

Watch the "Chinpokomon" episode of South Park, where Emperor Hirohito distracts the men of America from their plans for invasion by telling them how much bigger their pen!ses are than those of the Japanese. It's hilarious, but if you look at it, there's a deeper social commentary there. Sadly, this is EXACTLY how many men get lured by women into letting their guards down. So ecstatic about "how big their pen!ses are", how strong their pimp-hand appears to be with women, they simply let women get away with anything, figuring that he can always reel her back in should things get too out of control.

If you're going to take one thing away from this post, take this: WOMEN ARE SELFISH through the first couple months of the relationship. They're still deciding at that point whether they WANT to be involved with you. Sure, a woman may start to love spending time with you (because you're so awesome), but she's doing it because she enjoys it, not because you do.

Any woman who is too eager to give praise, gifts, time, etc through the early stages of the interaction...there's a reason for it. Learn to spot her games for what they are.

Question why she goes on and on about how good the sex is, even though you blew your load early the first time. Question why she talks about how huge your d*** is, even though it's only average-size. Question WHY she would say she's in-love with you after one month and maybe 6 dates, HARDLY enough time to get to know whether you're worth "loving" or not. Question why she gives SO much of her time to you, seeing you 5-6 times a week. Does she have NOTHING better to do??

An "honest woman" will be affectionate, but unsure. She'll be much more casual and she'll give things time to move along at their own pace, to decide if she REALLY wants to spend more time with you.

Expect a little resistance during the seduction. That's part of the FUN. If you don't get it, if it seems too easy, chances are it's NOT because you have "such gigantic, mastadonic pen!s".

I don't?

Chances are....

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/da...ral_ackbar.jpg

I find it strange that your post contains so many assumptions. Men are like this you say, women are like that you say, as if you know all 6 billion people living on this planet.


PS

I do have a gigantic, mastadonic pen!s.

PS 2

I remember you recently posting a thread about being bitter towards women. I thought you learned something.
J. Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
omkara
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: washington
Age: 37
Posts: 332
omkara has a spectacular aura aboutomkara has a spectacular aura aboutomkara has a spectacular aura about
If you couldn't generalize based on past experience you'd be f***ed. It's called a heuristic.
omkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
squirrels
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have been replaced...by Old Spice
Age: 35
Posts: 6,682
squirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspade
Shoot. Guess I'll cancel that porn audition...

File this under "don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

I'd say this is what trips up a lot of AFCs - they have their egos flattered and start acting more "into" the girl as a kind of knee jerk response, parroting back her charming words. Usually followed by dumpsville.

That's just it...there are "female AFCs" too.

The male AFC uses things like flowers, gifts, all kinds of supplicating dances to try to lull a woman into being off-guard when he springs his needy desperation on her. Female AFCs do something similar with their affection to lull MEN off-guard before they spring their craziness on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Darko
PS

I do have a gigantic, mastadonic pen!s.


I'm very happy for you.

Quote:
PS 2

I remember you recently posting a thread about being bitter towards women. I thought you learned something.

Oh I'm always learning.
__________________
What you know does not matter - what you do matters. - Mark Twight

I've seen a million faces...and I've rocked 'em all!
squirrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
jafyk
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Age: 33
Posts: 1,015
jafyk is just really nicejafyk is just really nicejafyk is just really nicejafyk is just really nice
Please guys, I'm totally with squirrel on this one. A lot of us guys like to think we are special and so when a female starts to blow our trumpet we start to believe we are just that special. I've had experiences and can relate to what Squirrels has posted. It's funny how all those amazing qualities you had seem to leave her mind when she's decided that she's through with you. Not saying you shouldn't take compliments but put them in perspective and be real with yourself.
__________________
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster..
jafyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
Rescue Mission
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 29
Posts: 566
Rescue Mission is just really niceRescue Mission is just really niceRescue Mission is just really niceRescue Mission is just really niceRescue Mission is just really nice
Squirrels, I am going to have to call you out respectively and call bullshyt on this thread.

You have said yourself that you given up even talking to women.........so my guess is you have barely tried to talk and pick up any woman in what, 2 or 3 years? No sex either if I understood that correctly.

With that said, you have not given us ANY advice based on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, and there is nothing worse than living life based on theories.

I will tell you personally that I had a fvck buddy that lasted for 2 years (I lied to her and told her she was my girlfriend). The love kicked in at about the 2 month mark, and for 2 years I got treated to dinners, movies, got free alcohol, free clothes, free appliances (all bought by her), and was loved greatly the whole time. It was not an act. I did have to dump her though because she started talking about moving in, and of course I wasn't going to do that.

So, I have personal experience that goes completely against what you said in this thread........do you have personal experience to back what you said up??
Rescue Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
squirrels
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have been replaced...by Old Spice
Age: 35
Posts: 6,682
squirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Mission
I will tell you personally that I had a fvck buddy that lasted for 2 years (I lied to her and told her she was my girlfriend). The love kicked in at about the 2 month mark, and for 2 years I got treated to dinners, movies, got free alcohol, free clothes, free appliances (all bought by her), and was loved greatly the whole time. It was not an act. I did have to dump her though because she started talking about moving in, and of course I wasn't going to do that.

You "lied to her and told her she was your girlfriend"? I don't know what that did to the situation...or what the details were of your situation, so I can't comment. Maybe you DID meet an exception to what I said.

Quote:
So, I have personal experience that goes completely against what you said in this thread........do you have personal experience to back what you said up??

I have my own experience with a girl who I dated for a year who tried to use sex to leverage me into an emotional commitment...plus watching a close friend of mine be sucked into a situation involving a girl, her abusive live-in boyfriend, an "allegedly gay" roommate, and god knows how many other naive dudes...plus an example from this forum that I linked to in my OP...plus any number of posts from others on this forum who have encountered similar crap.

I'm not saying reject any girl who is overly-affectionate out-of-turn. Just to be wary of a girl who seems to be a little TOO good at stroking your ego. Chances are you're NOT the mack-pimp that she has you thinking you are. And if you WERE, then you'd see through the games anyway.
__________________
What you know does not matter - what you do matters. - Mark Twight

I've seen a million faces...and I've rocked 'em all!
squirrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
women haze
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 489
women haze is a jewel in the roughwomen haze is a jewel in the roughwomen haze is a jewel in the rough
You do not have to have "personal experience" to give advice, you could learn through observations. I have seen what guys have gone through with women like Squirrels described.

At first they supplicate you, Make you feel like a King and that is only because you give them something that they want....and they wil use you for it. It could be anything!!!!

I see where he is coming from......
__________________
I will get better at this no matter what..Life is short have fun, and stay focused. This is the creed of life look forward never backwards
women haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
Powerlifter
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern States
Posts: 417
Powerlifter has disabled reputation
This is why having self confidence and knowing who you are is so important you don't have to rely on compliments to give you a face lift and makeover if you will.

You always see yourself as handsome, intelligent and capable of anything don't matter your background for whatever is thrown your way your protecting your throne.

You always have the mindset that your the MAN of quality and always will be and nothing will change that unless you allow it. Nothing wrong with having that kind of mindset as it is RESPECT FOR SELF as it is up to you no one else to control your thinking.

Always be on guard for the enemy. It's deeper than you think beyond lovers. The enemy never rest they come in all shapes and sizes and appearances to destroy your throne. Your only aim is protecting of SELF and your throne is your MANHOOD.

Compliments you recieve from friends, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, lovers and yes a spouse that is a small example of appearances of the potential enemy will only be accepted only as a bonus to being just that the MAN of quality because you simply ARE.

You the MAN you wear the crown of your throne your eyes, ears and other senses detect the enemy against your throne of self respect and being the MAN of quality.

When a lady compliments you from the start you take it from the mindset of bonus points because you simple ARE the MAN of quality. Then when if that time comes she begins trying to deflate what she thinks she has build up all my herself in you as an ego boost she will soon realize your no fool for you have build your own self worth up and had your booster shots long before she came along.

Your the MAN of quality.... it's your throne and self respect.

High fives.

Powerlifter
Powerlifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
taiyuu_otoko
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 象外
Age: 48
Posts: 1,736
taiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond reputetaiyuu_otoko has a reputation beyond repute
The best defense is a good offense. Know EXACTLY what you are after, and know when you get it, and be sure that you got it through your behavior, and not some magical gift from the god of gunch.

People who earn their millions through hard work and concentrated effort tend to appreciate it and hang onto in a lot better than those who won the lotto.

If it's too good to be true, it ain't.

I fell into that trap once. Was dating this girl who kept telling me how good I was in bed. Afterwards I found out it was so I wouldn't get suspicious because she was banging other guys at the same time.

So instead of noticing that her behavior was a bit off, I was thinking "yea, I'm the shyt" whenever I saw her. (and rarely questioned why she was an hour late sometimes... )

The more you live your life on your terms, the less likely this will happen. Girls that use this tactic tend to only use it on guys that exhibit an aura of "weakness," similar to scam artists who target old folks. When she tries a few times to flatter your ego and sees that it doesn't have any effect, she'll move onto a guy that is more "manageable." Beware of Greeks bearing gifts, and all that.

Be the king of your own life, on your terms, and adequately screen EVERYBODY who enters, and you shouldn't have any problems.
taiyuu_otoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
MatureDJ
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 48
Posts: 1,687
MatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant futureMatureDJ has a brilliant future
Interesting. Back when I was 38, I had some 19 y.o. action. When I first got inside of her, she sounded sincere when she exclaimed, "it's so big!" I have to admit, I enjoyed hearing that.

Of course, within a week she seemed to go apesh!t on me.
MatureDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #13
Tazman
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 1,297
Tazman is just really niceTazman is just really niceTazman is just really niceTazman is just really niceTazman is just really nice
This is actually a common thing men so willingly overlook because of the ego stroke. I know exactly what you're talking about and it's really hard for the average guy to see it for what it is because it feels so good to have someone praise you like this.

I've fallen for it even though I consider myself "aware" and "unplugged". Sometimes it will just hit me and I'll start thinking about it and connecting the dots. Also, this isn't just limited to women you mess with, people in general tend to do this so they can operate under the radar while you revel in how much of the MAN you are, totally oblivious to the underlying agenda.
Tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 AM   #14
J. Darko
Senior Don Juan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 364
J. Darko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkara
If you couldn't generalize based on past experience you'd be f***ed. It's called a heuristic.

Is that so? Well, I've never seen an elephant in my life. Therefore, elephants do not exists.


Quote:
Originally Posted by women haze
You do not have to have "personal experience" to give advice, you could learn through observations. I have seen what guys have gone through with women like Squirrels described.

At first they supplicate you, Make you feel like a King and that is only because you give them something that they want....and they wil use you for it. It could be anything!!!!

I see where he is coming from......

Is that so? Well, I've observed that the Sun goes around the Earth. So I've learned that the Sun rotates and the Earth stands still.




So you see, there's a lot of false logic in this thread. Btw: if a girl showers me with compliments, I just say 'thank you' and forget what she said, because I couldn't care less. I'm not looking for some evil plot and whine about it on a forum. :/
Indifference is basic DJ Bible knowledge and Squirrels, you have like 5000 posts. Boohoo, all girls are evil schemers. Well, you might as well cut your d*ck off then because you wouldn't want anything to do with a creature from hell now would you? Or are they only good for sex? That would make you an evil creature as well. Or is it your lack of succes that's making you hate women?
J. Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #15
zekko
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 6,662
zekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond reputezekko has a reputation beyond repute
It's funny when you think about it. They tell you on this forum you shouldn't compliment a woman too much. Because she will probably like you for it, but she won't be attracted to you for it - it will just build up her ego and make her think she can do better.

But with guys, generally if a woman compliments him, he will love it and be attracted to her. Just one more reason why women have a simpler game to play than men do. I wonder why the difference?

Quote:
A lot of us guys like to think we are special and so when a female starts to blow our trumpet we start to believe we are just that special.
Lol, that is very true. Most guys seem to think they are the center of the universe, that everything revolves around them. Look at all the guys here who claim to be alpha, or want to be the leader, or who claim to be so good looking, etc. Almost every guy here wants to be THE man, and think they have that quality in them if they can just reach in deeply enough. And hey, maybe they do, who's to say?

I think almost every guy, deep inside, thinks he's better than the other guy. Whether it's true or not. Probably a legacy from our alpha ancestors.
zekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
nismo-4
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Age: 28
Posts: 3,322
nismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond reputenismo-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspade
Shoot. Guess I'll cancel that porn audition...

File this under "don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

I'd say this is what trips up a lot of AFCs - they have their egos flattered and start acting more "into" the girl as a kind of knee jerk response, parroting back her charming words. Usually followed by dumpsville.

I'll file this under +1 rep.
It's basically don't give the girl the upper hand.
BTW, Dumpsville is 5 minutes from Montgomery, Alabama.
__________________
Women are like Pokemon, there's too many types, they're good for breeding, you can barely understand what they're saying, and you need balls to catch them!
nismo-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #17
jafyk
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Age: 33
Posts: 1,015
jafyk is just really nicejafyk is just really nicejafyk is just really nicejafyk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekko
It's funny when you think about it. They tell you on this forum you shouldn't compliment a woman too much. Because she will probably like you for it, but she won't be attracted to you for it - it will just build up her ego and make her think she can do better.

But with guys, generally if a woman compliments him, he will love it and be attracted to her. Just one more reason why women have a simpler game to play than men do. I wonder why the difference?


Lol, that is very true. Most guys seem to think they are the center of the universe, that everything revolves around them. Look at all the guys here who claim to be alpha, or want to be the leader, or who claim to be so good looking, etc. Almost every guy here wants to be THE man, and think they have that quality in them if they can just reach in deeply enough. And hey, maybe they do, who's to say?

I think almost every guy, deep inside, thinks he's better than the other guy. Whether it's true or not. Probably a legacy from our alpha ancestors.

To just add to what I had said earlier. I know I'm good looking, lol. At least I believe what the mirror shows me and when I get certain compliments from people on my looks it's just a support of what I already know. I know that there are better looking guys than me out there. So, a woman can't come to me and tell me I'm the most handsome guy she's ever met. If she did I may be flattered but I will keep her compliment in perspective of what i believe to be true about myself.

Fort those being harsh with Squirrel, I think you should just look at it this way, "Don't get carried away and keep things in perspective". if we could summarize everything he's said. Everyone's experiences would probably be different. The sad thing for me personally, is that now I'm realizing how I got carried away in the past with the "I love yous, you are the only one that has made me *** in a long time etc" kinds of comments.
__________________
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster..
jafyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #18
Scaramouche
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 70
Posts: 2,596
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute
Dear Squirrels,
for some guys the stroking of their egos is just as important as the Svx...It takes all kinds.
__________________
Scaramouche....Snow White always dreamt of getting seven inches every night,she never thought it would be an inch at a time,until she discovered Smirnoff.
Scaramouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Colossus
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auf Höhe
Age: 32
Posts: 3,391
Colossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond repute
It should always raise a flag in your mind when a girl is just praising you up and down nonstop. I mean, people have different ways of expressing affection, and for some it may be more verbal than others. But someone telling you how great you are---no matter how validating---does not in itself MAKE you great. Finding worth inside of yourself and not externally via the validations and praise of others is a long process but the only way to be truly happy regardless of whether a woman thinks you're a god or a total bastard.
__________________
A Man has said
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #20
Kailex
Master Don Juan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Age: 34
Posts: 1,989
Kailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond reputeKailex has a reputation beyond repute
If you look at a LOT of the BPD threads, you'll see this as part of the pattern:

- Great sex
- Compliments me oh-so-much

So on and so forth...
I'm always weary of a woman who is way too willing to inflate TOO much of my ego in the early goings.
__________________
If you ever think you can turn a woman willing to cheat on her boyfriend/fiancee/husband into a potential LTR, just head to YouTube.com, type in "What's So Different" by Ginuwine and LISTEN.
Kailex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

The DJ Bible

What's New

Articles

Quick Tips

Hall of Fame

Romance Tips

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.