Quick Tips

Learn How to Turn Your Phone Into a Chick Magnet

Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > The Mature Man
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
yeah!
Don Juan

yeah! is an unknown quantity at this point
Can a doctor date his patients without getting in trouble?

Just curious. Is it even possible to initiate anything without getting a lawsuit?

I know its unwise to **** where you eat but one of my teachers actually married his patient 10 years his junior. Haven't got a chance to ask him so what do you all think?
yeah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
5string
Master Don Juan

5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute5string has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do it........
Old 05-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
vatoloco
Master Don Juan

vatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud ofvatoloco has much to be proud of
Quote:
Can a doctor date his patients without getting in trouble?
Well, idk. Does s/he work at an STD clinic?
vatoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
OMGWTFLMAO
Don Juan

OMGWTFLMAO is on a distinguished road
No, you can't. It's a blatant violation of the code of ethics attached to the license regulated by the licensing board. If you do it and get caught you can be stripped of your license. Do NOT EVER date or get involved with anyone whom you are in a position of authority over, even in a medical or therapeutic capacity.
OMGWTFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
pipe007
Master Don Juan

pipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud ofpipe007 has much to be proud of
to the OP
are you even a doctor?
I think if you were you would be smart enough to have gone over your ethics code of moral conduct in the medical field.

you could not have a liscence and have passed a board examination without knowing such basic information.

you DO NOT DATE YOUR CLIENTS/PATIENTS under no reason. If you get caught coworkers are obliged to report your ass unless they want to get their liscences cancelled.

If your patient is smart enough and know the rules, she can do lawsuit on you and sew your ass to get your liscence revoked and a lot of cash from you.

Be smart, and review your ethics code in your field.

peace.
pipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
Scaramouche
Master Don Juan

Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute
DearYeah!,
Naah!!....In my home town a BPD woman took a past Doctor boyfriend to the ethics committee of the AMA and his right to practice has been suspended,he is currently unable to work....she ceased being his patient eight years earlier!!has a history of accusing Men of Svexual misdemeanors,in recent times he made love to her twice.....This whole Doctors running their own little clubs for Registering and keeping other Doctors out is one big scam,It's part of the indecent cost of Health Services.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
Lexington
Master Don Juan

Lexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud of
Actually, according to the code of ethics, you CAN date a patient, but only after your doctor patient relationship has been terminated, so technically at that point, she is not your patient. In my particular state, it's 18 months after she ceases to be your patient. If you are psychiatrist however, you can NEVER date your patients.
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
jophil28
Master Don Juan

jophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington
If you are psychiatrist however, you can NEVER date your patients.

Perhaps that particular prohibition is a wise precaution to protect the psychiatrists from those charming Cluster B's.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
squirrels
Master Don Juan

Location: A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have been replaced...by Old Spice
squirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant futuresquirrels has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jophil28
Perhaps that particular prohibition is a wise precaution to protect the psychiatrists from those charming Cluster B's.

If you're a psychiatrist and get duped into dating a "Cluster B", it doesn't say much for your professional aptitude, does it?

I've seen a million faces...and I've rocked 'em all!
squirrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
jophil28
Master Don Juan

jophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond reputejophil28 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrels
If you're a psychiatrist and get duped into dating a "Cluster B", it doesn't say much for your professional aptitude, does it?

True enough, but most psych's ( military) that I ever met were total AFCs and chumps extraordinairre.
I doubt whether the single ones amongst them even knew how to get a date .

There is something quite disturbing about a lot of males in the "helping professions".
Old 05-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
yeah!
Don Juan

yeah! is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all your inputs.

The reason I am asking about this is I also see one of my colleagues doing this quite frequently. Looks like he's threading on thin ice. No complaints=no trouble, for now...
yeah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #12
LucyK
Don Juan

LucyK is an unknown quantity at this point
Bipolar patient wants to date her psychiatrist

I am currently seeing a brilliant psychiatrist in his residency year who will be moving to the West Coast for fellowship in ten weeks. I may be moving to the West Coast in 6 months.

So I get that some patients think their providers are interested in them when they are just giving expected care, but I am a woman in her late twenties and have dated famous men before, so it is reasonable for me to assume I am attractive with a decent personality. I don't believe what I feel is transference, because the first time I saw him (attractive), I knew I could fall for this guy. I've flirted with him, and in subtle ways he has flirted back. He has a lot to lose, so I don't know where this is going to go, if anywhere. He knows I'm interested, but because he is a psychiatrist, I think the rules go that no matter what, no relationship is allowed between patient and provider. I could "fire" him, but I don't know if that will still allow me to date him. I am at loss as to what to do, for there is no man that interests me but him.

I would love any advice that I could get here. Thanks so much.
LucyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #13
Big Nuts
Senior Don Juan

Big Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant future
The real question is, if you're a doctor, why aren't you swimming in p00n? You should have status and money....2 out of the main four....game and fame being the others.
Big Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
Scormus
Senior Don Juan

Scormus is a glorious beacon of lightScormus is a glorious beacon of lightScormus is a glorious beacon of lightScormus is a glorious beacon of lightScormus is a glorious beacon of lightScormus is a glorious beacon of light
4 pillars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nuts
The real question is, if you're a doctor, why aren't you swimming in p00n? You should have status and money....2 out of the main four....game and fame being the others.

For me it is:

Looks are the first pillar. Lifting weights is almost a requirement these days.

Status is the second pillar. Power, money and fame are all key components of status but I wouldn't say they are pillars in themselves.

Game is the third pillar. Being a challenge, being a leader in the relationship and maintaining manly behaviours are all part of this.

I'd call the 4th pillar "Quality". This is where Roosh says speaking several languages, having done a lot of travel, and having skills they like such as cooking and being able to dance well can help.
Scormus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #15
LucyK
Don Juan

What does this have to do with my post? I am the patient, not the care provider. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
Lexington
Master Don Juan

Lexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud ofLexington has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scormus
For me it is:

Looks are the first pillar. Lifting weights is almost a requirement these days.

Status is the second pillar. Power, money and fame are all key components of status but I wouldn't say they are pillars in themselves.

Game is the third pillar. Being a challenge, being a leader in the relationship and maintaining manly behaviours are all part of this.

I'd call the 4th pillar "Quality". This is where Roosh says speaking several languages, having done a lot of travel, and having skills they like such as cooking and being able to dance well can help.

The thing that people don't realize is that there are all kinds of Betas. Some of the most Beta people I know have "high status" positions. General Patraeus was the head of the CIA and he was undone by some piece of tail he was chasing.
Lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
LucyK
Don Juan

** To clarify, "I am currently seeing" means I am now under treatment and not that I am dating my psychiatrist right now.

Also he is not famous, but my past boyfriends are. My psychiatrist is just a doctor who is starting out. He is in residency. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #18
Big Nuts
Senior Don Juan

Big Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant futureBig Nuts has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyK
** To clarify, "I am currently seeing" means I am now under treatment and not that I am dating my psychiatrist right now.

Also he is not famous, but my past boyfriends are. My psychiatrist is just a doctor who is starting out. He is in residency. Thanks.
-----------------------
Ur seeing a psychiatrist?

Lucky him!!!
Big Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #19
Colossus

Colossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond reputeColossus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyK
I am currently seeing a brilliant psychiatrist in his residency year who will be moving to the West Coast for fellowship in ten weeks. I may be moving to the West Coast in 6 months.

So I get that some patients think their providers are interested in them when they are just giving expected care, but I am a woman in her late twenties and have dated famous men before, so it is reasonable for me to assume I am attractive with a decent personality. I don't believe what I feel is transference, because the first time I saw him (attractive), I knew I could fall for this guy. I've flirted with him, and in subtle ways he has flirted back. He has a lot to lose, so I don't know where this is going to go, if anywhere. He knows I'm interested, but because he is a psychiatrist, I think the rules go that no matter what, no relationship is allowed between patient and provider. I could "fire" him, but I don't know if that will still allow me to date him. I am at loss as to what to do, for there is no man that interests me but him.

I would love any advice that I could get here. Thanks so much.

I don't think it is going to happen. You may be infatuated with him, but him being your provider before any sort of romantic relationship may preclude any healthy, normal relationship from developing. It changes the dynamic. He knows about whatever clinical problems you have and it would be difficult for him to compartmentalize that and subsequently look at you romantically. Just my .02.

For what it's worth, I am a healthcare provider and I have had 3 female patients directly ask me out in the past year. I did date one for a time, but not until her case was formally closed and she was no longer my patient. I am not a psychiatrist.

So these things do happen, but it's different when you are seeing someone for a broken foot or routine medical problem versus a mental health issue.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #20
LucyK
Don Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus
I don't think it is going to happen. You may be infatuated with him, but him being your provider before any sort of romantic relationship may preclude any healthy, normal relationship from developing. It changes the dynamic. He knows about whatever clinical problems you have and it would be difficult for him to compartmentalize that and subsequently look at you romantically. Just my .02.

For what it's worth, I am a healthcare provider and I have had 3 female patients directly ask me out in the past year. I did date one for a time, but not until her case was formally closed and she was no longer my patient. I am not a psychiatrist.

So these things do happen, but it's different when you are seeing someone for a broken foot or routine medical problem versus a mental health issue.

I guess my question is, is it possible to date him without trouble. I read the rules are more lax if the physician is not a psychiatrist, and I've also read that it is okay to date your psychiatrist if you are no longer under his care and if it's been x years passed, etc. I've also read it's not okay at all. So I've read all sorts of things. Can you, as a healthcare provider, tell me if these things are valid?