Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any men's fashion, style forums or websites?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for a men's fashion/style forum. I don't know where to start.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
That forum is filled with faggotry and overwhelming homosexuality.

The amount femininity is sickening.
Do you have any better ideas?

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Do you have any better ideas?
I realised that a men's fashion forum is an oxymoron. Real men shouldnt have a passion for fashion. Thats gay.

Fashion apparently means odd and emasculating clothing that requires too much thought and is more about trend than looks.

Summarise, fashion forum is a bad idea in general. Better to have a clothes discussion between men.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
I realised that a men's fashion forum is an oxymoron. Real men shouldnt have a passion for fashion. Thats gay.
Yeah, no sh*t. So there's no problem with the forum then. It's BECAUSE I don't have an eye or a passion for these kinds of things that I'm seeking help.

Fashion apparently means odd and emasculating clothing that requires too much thought and is more about trend than looks.
I'm not looking to dress like a fairy. WTF man?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinowear has an awesome article about the "40 mistakes that men most commonly make".

I picked up a LOT of tips from that place, but just some tips on DO's and DON'Ts. They have a section that shows you how to put together certain wardrobes, but it's not my style.

They also helped me in acquiring a new razor for the ultimate shave.

The site was a great read for me.
I've been to Stylenet forums and it was a turn off for me.

But the BIGGEST boost to my dressing repertoire was... Facebook.
You see, my sister lives in a place that is "trendy"... and when I mean trendy, I mean pretty much most men that live in her area are VERY well dressed professionals... including her boyfriend.

So I usually look at their pictures and try to pick up on visual clues as to what looks good and what doesn't and then I incorporate it into my style.

I used to be the guy wearing Ecko T-Shirts with baggy jeans and terrible looking sneakers. Over the course of a year, I started wearing button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up or a solid polo shirt. Jeans are definitely fitted to my body but definitely not skinny jeans. And now I am MUCH more conscious about shoes... that's always the centerpiece to anything I wear.

Also, I did take up some advice I've read here that you should try to emulate any actor/musician that you see... they usually are the first ones with access to newer style trends or are trendsetters themselves.

I just try to make anything I wear... my own style but infused with ideas from many other places.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
so what is the ULTIMATE shave?
:D

Jeans are definitely fitted to my body but definitely not skinny jeans.
so ture, i oftne see indie kids wiht these ridiculously tight jeans, looks really strange, it also looks very effeminate (as does emo style)
i always wonder how crushed thier balls feel, and what if they ever unluckily got a random boner whilst wearing them (itd hurt for one, and be way way obvious!)

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, I also would like this. The problem is that I'm not knowledgeable enough really to use styleforum.net and I don't know where to start. I did start posting over there, though, so hopefully they can help me out, but that and kinowear are the only two that I know about.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Kinowear has an awesome article about the "40 mistakes that men most commonly make".

I picked up a LOT of tips from that place, but just some tips on DO's and DON'Ts. They have a section that shows you how to put together certain wardrobes, but it's not my style.

The site was a great read for me.
I've been to Stylenet forums and it was a turn off for me.
Yeah. That site, along with another, inspired me to buy a Merkur double-edged safety razor. Great purchase. Just got it like a month and a half ago...I despised the fact that we're expected to be slaves to Gillette and their overpriced blades for the rest of our lives. A pack of 100 replacement blades for my Merkur cost me $18. The same price as a 4-pack of Gillette's.

Plus shaving with that cool metal razor and using my badger-hair brush is just plain badass.

Kinowear has some good tips. And there's nothing "gay" about a man caring about his fashion sense. How we dress is a reflection of our personality. Whether you're a Wisconsin cowboy or a Wall Street banker, everyone has a look. Or at least they should.

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/business-attire-fashion-advice

That's the forum that I've used. It's geared toward the financial audience (my industry) but the advice will be legit nonetheless. Just be aware of the trolls from time to time and the Wall Street inside humor, like the "Watch rankings" thread which is 20% serious and 80% poking fun of how financial guys like to "rank" everything.

It depends what you're getting these clothes for also. Brooks Brothers/J Press is great if you're done with school and are working, but you'd probably be way overdressed for your university or high school. I like to go for more traditional styles than trendy things. Every Brooks Brothers that I've gone to has had great customer service, so you might want to just walk in and let the guy know what you're looking for. The prices are higher, but you get what you pay for and the fit and quality of the material is very good. Granted, they are more of a traditional/preppy look which is good if you're working, but you might stand out at a university or something...although standing out isn't necessarily a bad thing, but so you know

Titan

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.fashionbeans.com/

Fantastic for teaching you about style, clothing choices etc. It's kept REALLY up to date, with articles on pretty much everything you could want to know. I'm always popping back every few days.

The military style's quite big at the minute.. I brought a pair of £75 boots from River Island the other day and have had a million comments on them- <3

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the links guys, I'm clueless when it comes to fashion!! More like retarded actually.

White Boy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I'm looking for a men's fashion/style forum. I don't know where to start.
I don't know about forums, but these two YouTube channels are pretty badass.

StyleMinute is far from feminine. AlphaM is about masculine dressing too, but Aaron might not be everyone's style.

You can still learn a lot about basic clothing from both channels. Since it's almost summer I link you guys to some summer clothing vids.

I learned a lot about dressing from both these channels! Basically, don't wear baggy clothes.

StyleMinute: Jackets for Summer or Warm Weather

AlphaM: V Neck summer Tees

these dudes have solid clothing styles for dudes

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asia is really big on Fashion.

Especially Japan, Korea, and Taiwan. It's a bit far out there for me since i prefer a mixture of GQ style, trendy fashionable clothes, and mobile clothes (so of the new trendy clothes make me feel like i'm going to rip them if i were to start running).

Fashion beans website looks legit.

I've only went to wallstreet oasis for banking and consulting advice. Nice to know they have GQ fashion advice on there too.

---
From what i've learned from the banking world/finance world as i meet with bankers all the time are.

No shirts with pockets.
White, pink, and sometimes blue shirts are allowed.
Belt must match shoe color (this is an obvious).
Shoes must be laced, no slip ons.
French cuff shirts are allowed.
Black or navy blue suits are allowed. Grey suits or anything else is not conservative and stands out and can possible get you cut from the hiring process.
Your suit jacket should be buttoned at all times unless you are currently sitting. If you stand up, button the jacket immediately.

& a whole bunch of eating etiquette crap like which utensils to use and foods to order.