Learn How to Turn Your Phone Into a Chick Magnet

Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > Anything Else
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
martinumairwat
Don Juan

martinumairwat is on a distinguished road
Does homemade teeth whitening work?

Does anybody know a good product for teeth whitening?
martinumairwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Stéphane
Master Don Juan

Stéphane is on a distinguished road
crest white strips work well, ive used them before with great results
Stéphane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Desdinova

Desdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond reputeDesdinova has a reputation beyond repute
Moved to AE...
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
Rho
Don Juan

Rho is an unknown quantity at this point
hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

what i do is hold the peroxide in my mouth for a couple minutes then dip my brush in some baking soda and brush with the peroxide still in mouth. Then rinse and brush with normal toothpaste to get rid of the other stuff and prevent myself from swallowing residual peroxide. Your gums may sting a bit whilst doing it , no dramas though.

I mean its not proffessional whitening but my teeth do become several shades whiter and all that for under $5

also, i do that daily as the peroxide also kills bacteria and makes my mouth feel cleaner for longer
Rho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
Pie in the Sky
Don Juan

Pie in the Sky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rho
hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

what i do is hold the peroxide in my mouth for a couple minutes then dip my brush in some baking soda and brush with the peroxide still in mouth. Then rinse and brush with normal toothpaste to get rid of the other stuff and prevent myself from swallowing residual peroxide. Your gums may sting a bit whilst doing it , no dramas though.

I mean its not proffessional whitening but my teeth do become several shades whiter and all that for under $5

also, i do that daily as the peroxide also kills bacteria and makes my mouth feel cleaner for longer

Yeah, this actually works extremely well. Your teeth will get crazy white doing this. I personally do it by dipping the toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide then sprinkling baking soda on top of it. It isn't the most pleasant tasting thing, but it does the trick nicely.
Pie in the Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Alle_Gory
Master Don Juan

Alle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to behold
Yup. I can confirm the peroxide trick. Things to keep in mind, use the 3% solution. If you get some crazy stuff like the 20% and the 40% used in salons you will burn yourself. The 3% is mild but be careful not to keep it in your mouth longer than a few minutes. The soft tissues in the mouth are very sensitive.

The baking soda used at the same time as the peroxide will bother the gums because its extremely abrasive, so be gentle.
Alle_Gory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
speakeasy
Master Don Juan

speakeasy is a glorious beacon of lightspeakeasy is a glorious beacon of lightspeakeasy is a glorious beacon of lightspeakeasy is a glorious beacon of lightspeakeasy is a glorious beacon of lightspeakeasy is a glorious beacon of light
I use the strips. Not even the Crest strips but the generic brand which works just as good for about $20. I was very satisfied, I thought it worked just as well as the laser whitening I had some years back. Only difference is the laser whitening is instant vs a couple weeks for the strips, but at $300-400 for the laser I think the strips are a damn good value.
speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
thedude4242
Master Don Juan

thedude4242 will become famous soon enough
none of that stuff really works well. you need to go your dentist, spend a little extra money and get them bleach. they will really be white. there is no comparison.
thedude4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
Alle_Gory
Master Don Juan

Alle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to beholdAlle_Gory is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude4242
none of that stuff really works well.

Except what you fail to realize is that your dentist uses a stronger form of peroxide... which is a bleaching agent. The only difference between the home and the dentist is that the dentist uses the crazy 60-80% stuff that can burn through your mouth. That's why he uses a rubber protective shield molded for your mouth so the peroxide gets on the teeth only while protecting the soft tissues. A laser is also used and speeds up the peroxide bleaching somehow.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
thedude4242
Master Don Juan

I had my teeth done many times and at most you will get is some sensative teeth. the heck with the laser. if you want whiter teeth you will get the bleech all the other is a waste of time. if you get your teeth bleech by your dentist and get a take home mouth trays you might get sensative teeth during that bleeching thats all.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
Alle_Gory
Master Don Juan

Quote:
if you want whiter teeth you will get the bleech all the other is a waste of time.

It's called "bleach". And which bleach did you mean? There's hundreds including household bleaches to use on laundry.

You can do it at home using strips that contain carbamide peroxide. You can go to the dentist who uses strong hydrogen or carbamide peroxide and mouth guards to protect tissues, or you can use hydrogen peroxide in a safe 3% concentration as mouthwash.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
thedude4242
Master Don Juan

no what you got to get is the bleaching trays that are actually custom fitted to your teeth and actually like snapped on. then get the nite white gel. go to dentist.net and you can see what I mean.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
Alle_Gory
Master Don Juan

Quote:
no what you got to get is the bleaching trays that are actually custom fitted to your teeth and actually like snapped on. then get the nite white gel. go to dentist.net and you can see what I mean.

I can get peroxide mouth wash for $2/L. It's called hydrogen peroxide 3% solution and it also bleaches teeth.

No gels, no rubber protection. It whitens slowly over time.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
thedude4242
Master Don Juan

no I am just trying to tell people them cheap ways of whitening your teeth suck. you get what you pay for.