So date #2... SHE pays for ME

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An old crush from high school is home for winter break and we've gone on 2 dates so far.

The first one, a coffee date (her idea) went really well. In fact she showed so many IOIs the SS community thought I was stupid to second guess myself.

Recap in case your interested: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168324

Anyway, I payed for her lunch/coffee and she reluctantly accepted. Didn't want me to pay, but I basically insisted (in a cute way).

Fast forward to date 2, movies and dinner (completely my idea: I picked the restaurant, the showtime... everything) and we're getting two slices of pizza before the movie starts.

I offer to pay (dating rule I firmly believe in) and not only does put up a fight, SHE insists on paying for ME instead.

So I end up taking a girl on a date and it ends up being her treat.

Here's the thing... that's never happened to me before. Like ever.

I've had women insist on me paying... I've had women insist on splitting the bill (which bothers me, by the way)... but I've never been on a date where the woman insists on paying for me.

The date went great otherwise (tons of IOIs and impeccable body language cues), and I'm just trying to figure out what the meaning/ significance of her paying was.

I'm assuming she's hinting at something, I just can't figure out what. I'm thinking it's either a huge IOI or an LJBF move.

As this ever happened to anyone before? Any interpretations???

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh right, she's giving off IOIs, offers to pay the 2nd date and all sorts of BL cues, and you consider LJBF? Just try to kiss her and figure it out yourself, it makes no sense to just guess if she gives of ALL the right signals.

Just go for it. Man up, and go for the kill. If she really wants to be friends she either rejected you after the 1st date or after this one. She's waiting for you to make a move here.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's great man. the girl is just an independent girl which is always used to taking care of herself. I actually prefer to date these girls. If i have sh1t going on i won't have to worry about my girl which is one less thing to worry about.

If the girl makes me pay everytime i kind of find it unattractive and assume she's just a typical girl. i'm not looking for a typical girl.

but ya its fine. she's most likely interested since i've been in this situation before.

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's neither an IOI nor an IOD. It just means she's the type of girl who likes to pay her share which speaks well of her character but doesn't say anything about her IL in you. That's what all the rest of the clues are for. Now go and kiss the girl already (if you haven't already done so). Good luck.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I offer to pay (dating rule I firmly believe in) and not only does put up a fight, SHE insists on paying for ME instead.
Why are you a firm believer in paying for all dates? Just curious.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i normally pay for all my dates just because i like being in control and doing things my way. I like things always to go my way, and when i get a fresh change of pace im not used to.....like a girl paying for my date, it intrigues me and makes them stand out from the rest of the girls.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
teacha said:
Why are you a firm believer in paying for all dates? Just curious.
Just me being traditional/ gentleman-like I guess. Guy takes a girl out, he pays. At least during the initial dating period.

The family I grew up in, my dad was the bread winner and my mom was a stay-at-home. Probably has something to do with my mentality, I think.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
If the girl makes me pay everytime i kind of find it unattractive and assume she's just a typical girl. i'm not looking for a typical girl.
I agree. I don't mind paying, but I don't like when the girl EXPECTS me to pay.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason your sitting here analyzing the paying situation is because a cloud of doubt has started to creep into the back of your mind. Does she like me? Maybe she really likes me? Her BL was positive; she twirled her hair.

This is what happens when you don't close! What are you waiting for? She's only her for a limited amount of time before she goes back to school for the spring semester.

If you don't act; your left to wonder.... which in turn will cause you to start second guessing your moves and put this simple situation into a twisty, uknown road.

PIMP

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Just me being traditional/ gentleman-like I guess. Guy takes a girl out, he pays. At least during the initial dating period.

The family I grew up in, my dad was the bread winner and my mom was a stay-at-home. Probably has something to do with my mentality, I think.
How is that traditional/gentleman-like in any way? Way to buy into the feminist agenda. If she says she will pay/split the bill but you insist on paying, that sounds beta as hell to me.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
I agree. I don't mind paying, but I don't like when the girl EXPECTS me to pay.
true that. if they girl expects me to pay, i never call them out again. Just how i do things. I need someone that can compliment and enrich my life, not expect me to do everything for them. A girl that pays and takes initiative +2, a girl that offers to pay +1, a girl that atleast wants to split it gets a +1, if she's doesn't act like i'm supposed to pay but i do then it's neutral.

I always rate girls and give them these sh1t tests to see who scores higher and has more potential. They do the same sh1t to us, so why not throw it back at them.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
This is what happens when you don't close! What are you waiting for? She's only her for a limited amount of time before she goes back to school for the spring semester.
I agree with you 100%.

I'm closing next date for sure, no question.

I was ready to kiss close this date (she passed the breath mint test), but something came up that cut the date short and killed the mood.

It wasn't either of our faults (maybe I'll talk about in another thread), it just wasn't the best time to close.

I'll be seeing her this week (we've been doing a 1 date per week type of deal) and there WILL be a kiss close...

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
katatonia said:
How is that traditional/gentleman-like in any way? Way to buy into the feminist agenda. If she says she will pay/split the bill but you insist on paying, that sounds beta as hell to me.
You misunderstood me I think.

I ALWAYS OFFER to pay and I'm firm about it. I don't like splitting the bill, feels super platonic to me.

But she insisted on paying this time so I enjoyed my free dinner :up:

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, what happened???

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
In the world I live in, the exact opposite happens.

Girls always want to go dutch in the beginning but soon are fine with the idea of freebies...

Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
You misunderstood me I think.

I ALWAYS OFFER to pay and I'm firm about it. I don't like splitting the bill, feels super platonic to me.

But she insisted on paying this time so I enjoyed my free dinner :up:
going out on dates and paying for them is a sure-fire way to NOT have sex with a woman.

Next time, try just hanging out in isolation and watching a movie/listening to music/drinking, make your move, start taking her clothes off after some passionate making out, and you're all set!

When you go and pay for some date, you end up with exactly what you see posted ALL OVER THIS FORUM - questions, worrying, confusion, money wasted, LJBF's, flakes, and everything else EXCEPT FOR PVSSY!

start thinking with the right head (that would be the head that feminists have been trying to cut off for 40 years), a real man who gets as much azz as he wants always thinks with his d1ck, while the chump spends money being traditional and asking stupid questions about his p*ssified actions.

learn your lesson, and adjust your mindset............NOW!!!

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
going out on dates and paying for them is a sure-fire way to NOT have sex with a woman.

Next time, try just hanging out in isolation and watching a movie/listening to music/drinking, make your move, start taking her clothes off after some passionate making out, and you're all set!

When you go and pay for some date, you end up with exactly what you see posted ALL OVER THIS FORUM - questions, worrying, confusion, money wasted, LJBF's, flakes, and everything else EXCEPT FOR PVSSY!

start thinking with the right head (that would be the head that feminists have been trying to cut off for 40 years), a real man who gets as much azz as he wants always thinks with his d1ck, while the chump spends money being traditional and asking stupid questions about his p*ssified actions.

learn your lesson, and adjust your mindset............NOW!!!
True statement. Repped.