Originally Posted by MPM DJP
If I've been going out with a woman for more than a few months, and I have been initiating all dates and paying for things (not often as I try to eliminate pay dates as much as possible) and she has not yet made an effort to take me out or suggest any date ideas, I start to get the feeling that she is either self absorbed, or just along for a ride and does not want a relationship.
I'm not talking about "giving" sex here. The idea that a woman's way to reciprocate in a relationship is through sex is not what I am looking for. (I guess I dont mind this at first, but I really I want to know when you expect a woman to take a more active role in the relationship - especially when she should be making an effort to do something thoughtful for you or take you out once in a while....
* Are you sleeping with her on a regular basis?
* Do you see this as an "exclusive" relationship...does she ?
* Does she refer to you and her as "we" often ?
* Has she made attempts to integrate you into her life. Does she want you to meet her friends and family?
* Does she sometimes do small thoughtful things for you ? A gift or a cool card for no special reason ?
* Would she remember your birthday and make an effort to celebrate it?
* Women who are interested in an LTR frequently buy items of clothing for the guy..does she ?
* Does she express her affection or her appreciation for you in person or in emails?
* IF you were ill would she come by and cook and clean?
Ideally all these questions would be answered "yes" . The number of "no's" would be a measure of her lack of real involvement and commitment to YOU .
"The greatest truth is in her behavior ."