Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there any exercise to increase your wrist size?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for exercises to increase my ankle size.

And my forehead too.

Thanks.

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory

To properly increase forehead size slam it against a wall as hard as you can. Do it in sets like this 3x10 twice a day.

Hope that helps...

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
teagan said:
Alle_Gory

To properly increase forehead size slam it against a wall as hard as you can. Do it in sets like this 3x10 twice a day.

Hope that helps...
Niiice. Got anything for wrists?

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your wrists aren't a muscle, so no I don't think you can make them bigger without some kind of surgery.

I see guys doing forearm exercises at the gym all the time, but I've heard simple compact exercises work out the forearm enough to where you don't even need to.

Some of the dudes with the biggest forearms don't work them out individually, but get size off other exercises that hit the forearms.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do isolated forearm exercises or just do a lot of heavy reps of deadlifts or big sets of a clean and jerk. I'm not sure what else would help you bulk your forearms really.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The wrist itself does not have any muscles travelling through it. It is comprised of tendons, ligaments, nerves, vessels, and bone.

Thus, even forearm exercises will not result in larger wrists.

dispatch

Don Juan
Reaction score
More importantly - a question that actually makes sense - are there any knwon techniques for increasing wrist STRENGTH?? My wrists are quite weak and this affects my benchpress negatively, altering my grip and causing all sorts of difficulties. Anyone have a similar problem?

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dispatch said:
More importantly - a question that actually makes sense - are there any knwon techniques for increasing wrist STRENGTH?? My wrists are quite weak and this affects my benchpress negatively, altering my grip and causing all sorts of difficulties. Anyone have a similar problem?
I've run into trouble when doing the things I mentioned above, but never with bench press. Do you use straps for deadlifts or anything else?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to use this http://www.wristbuilder.com/howto.htm picard, back in the day. I purchased and broke two of them, because I used it will watching TV etc. It did develop strength and circumference there, I think.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Picard,

I've done much research on this subject. I was born with puny forearms/wrists so I made it my mission to bring them and my calves up to speed. That's where you can tell a natural athlete just from looking at them, in the wrist size, calf muscles and shoulder width. They will still appear strong even if they've never lifted a day in their life.

My advice is, if you don't have that natural build, then go for the natural look. Cut down so there's not much bodyfat, you look bigger and stronger that way even if physically it's not there. Fingertip pushups are a way to quote on quote "gain" some natural hand strength. If you can do 50 fingertip pushups then your forearms are strong. I try to work my hands as much as possible in many different angles/ways. Shovel work, twisting newspapers, hanging by your fingers, etc. do this.

Deadlifts, wrist curls and other heavy bodybuilding exercises will give you some beef in the upper forearm if you really push it and it will definitely give you some added hand strength. However I failed to get the desired "natural look" from this path plus, due to a back injury, I abandoned spine compressing movements altogether, so I've experimented with a number of workouts.

Grippers never did anything for me, although I do wish I had some variable weight ones. They may do the trick.

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
All joking aside...to increase the size of any joint area such as the wrist, knee, etc you must GAIN weight and build up the muscles surrounding the joint.

Simple as that.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dispatch said:
You may be holding the bar too far toward your fingers, bending your wrists back and putting extra strain on them.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I do martial arts every Sunday, the guys make everyone aware of my "flexibility" and that it will take longer for me to tap out of a lock. I think it's due to all the wristbuilding I did in my late teens early 20s.

Apostile

Reaction score
Hey,

I was just curious, with the exclusion of wrist rollers (my gym doesin't have them,) what are some good exercises for increasing wrist size? I'm not that big of a guy, I just got over my inital "do everything wrong" phase, so I want to make some informed choices. That, and lifting 40lbs dumbbells with 12" arms and 5" wrists looks ridiculous.