Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to tell the difference between a ***** shield and pure disinterest, and other

SilverExplosion

Reaction score
It's common knowledge that attractive women get approached all the time. Something that I picked up reading PUA stuff is that hot girls will put up a ***** shield to see what guys are made of and weed them out. It's something that I've definitely kept in mind as I've gone out there and approached women. However I have a really hard time telling the difference between the screening/playing hard to get act and the pure, utter "get away from me" type vibe. Blasting or plowing through this without diagnosing this properly is the difference between being the man and being a major tool. If you're persistent with a girl in a bar or in a regular setting who is sincerely trying to tell you to give up or buzz off, it's a major DLV, and in a closed system will earn you the reputation as a major creep. To be honest, I've never even successfully blasted through the whole ***** attitude, so I've started to take any real sign of disinterest as an anti-approach invitation aka ditch it, not gonna happen or gonna be a huge challenge.

Like I'll see a lot from women is the aloof or indifferent expression. That quick flash of "i'm better than you, i'm out of your league." This is obviously different than a clear cut "Don't talk to me." Is this a **** test, or where negs/DHV comes in? Should guys intepret stuff like this as sincere, or subtle ploys to be hot and spark attraction? Stuff like this usually doesn't throw me off too much (i'll chuckle to myself) but I still interpret stuff like this as an IOD. On the flip side, should IOIs ever be interpreted as bull****/attention seeking?

Finally, on an unrelated note, what does it mean when you're in a two-set or a girl's friend is around, and she leaves you and the girl to talk.. should this be interpreted as the girl you are talking to sending a signal to her friend to leave you two alone: an IOI and a signal to escalate?

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hard time with this too. Hope someone gives some answers.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, do you want someone who plays games? I think if a woman is interested in meeting people she will make herself approachable. If she's going to make you jump through hoops just to talk to her and get her number, imagine how much of a PITA getting anything else will be? I know some guys appreciate the challenge, but I think most guys would just like to know where he stands right off the bat. No wasted time and everyone knows their place.

As for your second situation... it really depends. I've done this, for a variety of reasons. Have to pee, get a drink, smoke a ciggie, whatever. It could also be that she wants the two of you to talk further, it just really depends on the situation. You could say something like, "Did you do that on purpose, (get her to leave) just to get me alone?" to kind of joke around and break the tension. Gauge her reaction, if she rolls her eyes, that's not a good sign. :) Good Luck!

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't read the post, because all I had to read was the title, and here's my take on it:

If in any way she seems to be playing a game whether it's to test you or to show disinterest, just back the fuk off. That's all you have to do. Don't say a word about it. Just show just as much interest in her as she has shown you.

It's very simple really. Respect is earned, and if she's not bringing it to the table, then she's only wasting your time. If you want her to respect you, do not b!tch or nag, but take action.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
SilverExplosion said:
However I have a really hard time telling the difference between the screening/playing hard to get act and the pure, utter "get away from me" type vibe.
Yeah, same here, it's tough. I'd like to hear some others with experience to chime in on this thread of how exactly to tell.

SilverExplosion said:
Blasting or plowing through this without diagnosing this properly is the difference between being the man and being a major tool. If you're persistent with a girl in a bar or in a regular setting who is sincerely trying to tell you to give up or buzz off, it's a major DLV, and in a closed system will earn you the reputation as a major creep.
YES. This is where guys need to be careful.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well look at the context. is she contributing to the conversation? is she listening to you? is she even acknolwedging you?

most girls are pretty polite about letting you know they don't want to talk to you - turning their back to you, moving away, ignoring you, going to the bathroom, saying they need to go find their friends, etc

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just get a gut feeling if shes interested or not. you just know. test or not, i don't mess around if i get the feeling i'm not wanted and just go on about my way. two things will happen, 1) she will find some way to "bump into you" again during the night if shes interested 2) you never see her again and then you know for sure shes not interested. this happened to me recently acctually. i thought this girl wasnt into me so i left her alone for the rest of the night. next weekend i went out and she was there, she ended up walking up to me and my friends.

LDBaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
I didn't read the post, because all I had to read was the title, and here's my take on it:

If in any way she seems to be playing a game whether it's to test you or to show disinterest, just back the fuk off. That's all you have to do. Don't say a word about it. Just show just as much interest in her as she has shown you.

It's very simple really. Respect is earned, and if she's not bringing it to the table, then she's only wasting your time. If you want her to respect you, do not b!tch or nag, but take action.
Wow i love this ^

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
The only thing i have to add is..You may want to show slightly less interest than she does...You're the prize..However, in the early stages, definitely show interest and show her that you're the prize..But after that, you should be the prize and let her prove herself to you. Thus, she must show more interest in you.

Mavrick said:
I agree with that.

youbaby11

Don Juan
Reaction score
jeffthechef said:
The only thing i have to add is..You may want to show slightly less interest than she does...You're the prize..However, in the early stages, definitely show interest and show her that you're the prize..But after that, you should be the prize and let her prove herself to you. Thus, she must show more interest in you.

I agree with that.
good stuff good stuff