Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can I get accepted into University with average high school grades?

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throughout my high school years ive been doing mediocre, nothing too special but not a total failure, just getting by with B's C's and a few D's. I know this isnt good enough to get into a 4 year university, so what can I do to try an get accepted?

Make things up in Community College, etc?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup go to CC. It's far cheaper and they actually grade you easier then in Uni. Just don't stay there for 6 years like I did :whistle:

Take only as many units as you can handle and do your best.

Reaction score
Community colleges are pretty good. Really cheap and you can learn a lot if you apply yourself--That's how I started out.

It's not quite true that they grade you easier, though. It all depends on who your instructor is. Some of the teachers I had in that community college were far tougher than the ones I had in university.

But I actually like hard teachers. You learn a lot more than way.

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay to be specific I want to become an RN, yes im a male...who cares :p

I just want to throw that out there just incase it makes a difference, thanks for the advice

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In that case, just go a junior college then transfer to a state school. If you're going to be something high demand like an RN, you'd have a job waiting for you if you got your diploma from a cereal box. Don't overpay for school, it's not worth it, and probably only worth it if you're going into the hard sciences or law.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can definitely get into 4 year university with those grades (what's your GPA).

I had a friend who graduated high school with 2.3 GPA, got into 4 year university, and is on his way to law school now (he took a break from college because he was failing classes and needed some time to get his priorities straightened out).

Trust me when I say that most universities won't care how bad of a student you are so long as you are able to pay the tuition (unless you are shooting for top tier schools...that's different but your regular run off the mill university won't care).

They might put you through one semester remedial program to see if you can handle college course load but those are not difficult if you work hard.

Word of caution: if you're going to be an RN, work hard in college from day 1. Get good grades (B's and A's) and avoid getting C's and D's especially in science and english writing classes. Don't let bad grades in your high school hold you back because we all make stupid decisions and do stupid stuff when we are young but if we improve ourselves, things become easier for us.

battle_sheep

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
You can definitely get into 4 year university with those grades (what's your GPA).

I had a friend who graduated high school with 2.3 GPA, got into 4 year university, and is on his way to law school now (he took a break from college because he was failing classes and needed some time to get his priorities straightened out).

Trust me when I say that most universities won't care how bad of a student you are so long as you are able to pay the tuition (unless you are shooting for top tier schools...that's different but your regular run off the mill university won't care).

They might put you through one semester remedial program to see if you can handle college course load but those are not difficult if you work hard.

Word of caution: if you're going to be an RN, work hard in college from day 1. Get good grades (B's and A's) and avoid getting C's and D's especially in science and english writing classes. Don't let bad grades in your high school hold you back because we all make stupid decisions and do stupid stuff when we are young but if we improve ourselves, things become easier for us.
Speakeasy your cereal box reference made me laugh :D Thanks for the help

My GPA is around a 2.4-5, high school is a joke with useless classes like Algebra 2 and Chemistry (unless youre going to a career involving these subjects) I dont see how i need to know how to do Algebraic Equations within my lifetime.

If I were to go to CC after HS, what do I do there? Make up made HS grades or do Pre-Reqs?