Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Context!!!

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A significant part of being "good with women" lies in playing to your strengths and setting up situations to work in your favor. Since so much of life is perceived to be beyond our control, it's easy to forget that we are fully capable of AVOIDING being put in the value-compromising positions that many of the first time posters that frequent this site are placed. The key is understanding how CONTEXT impacts your success, and how you can usually manipulate the context of a situation by thinking ahead.

AN EXAMPLE

Joshua Bell is possibly the world's greatest living classical violinist. People will quite literally pay THOUSANDS to hear him play at the world's most prestigious concert halls. But what happens if the context of his performance is changed into one that no longer highlights the perceived value of his performance? Watch the result here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOPu0_YWhw

This is analogous to what a lot of would-be PUAs do when they first start out: They go into venues in which they have very little social value and don't play to their strengths. When two average-looking rAFC enter a crowded meat-market club full of HB10's, they are allowing themselves to be judged as every other male in the club is judged; solely on face value. They can throw negs like crazy, run entertaining routines, etc. and may keep a few sets going for awhile, but in the end, they have very little chance with any of the HB10's. Furthermore, the sheer number of blowouts they will probably experience will damage their social value even MORE.

CHANGING CONTEXT

Now, picture the two average looking guys going to a party out of state, hosted by their longtime HB friend who works in fashion. The party consists of mostly young single girls and gay dudes. In this case, those same guys can use PUA tactics and mop the floor with those ladies--in fact, the mere fact that they are "prequalified" by the HB host would probably suffice. The difference lies in the context of the situation.

Another example: Instead of going to the bar and drinking with his buddies while staring at girls, a guy decides to take a yoga class. As an absolute beginner, he obviously stands out, but this actually give him an IN to chat up the HBs in the class. He goes out with one of them the following week.

By the way, these examples are not hypothetical.

All of us have the ability to drastically alter our pickup environment without actually leaving our comfort zone. Do you write songs? Start organizing an open mic night at your local bar (female songwriters are more often that not single and very approachable.) Do you speak a foreign language fluently? Offer instruction (Women that do a great deal of traveling overseas are often single). Are you interested in photography? Start taking lessons and get serious about it (come on...models??). Don't misunderstand--the point is NOT to use these skills you have to score with your clients, it's to use them to build SOCIAL VALUE. That aspiring songwriter that comes to your open mic every week has a bunch of single friends that view you as a local big shot. That woman seeking French lessons goes to a lot of swanky parties with sophisticated European women. That model...you get the idea.
Start by devoting some time to any skills or interests that you may possess and work from there.

A WORD ABOUT COMFORT ZONES AND mPUAs

We don't want to leave our comfort zone, we want to EXPAND it. Think of it as fishing with a bigger net--the more places where we feel like our social value is high, the more women we will attract. Leaving our comfort zone outright can often do more harm than good, however. If you're in a relationship and your girlfriend is always dragging you to social events organized by her male friends, you're LOWERING your social value in her eyes--again, because of the context you allow yourself to be placed in.

Much of the reason mPUAs have so much perceived success is because they find their niche and stick with it. Before Mystery had the "star power" he has today, he still pulled a lot of girls--but a CERTAIN TYPE of girl. His wardrobe and mannerisms would get him rejected outright by lots of "normal" women, but they worked in his favor when it came to freaky goth chicks and hard partying models. If he had "cleaned up" his image and started dressing like a young professional in an attempt to pickup more conservative women, it would likely come across disingenuous to such girls while also alienating the party girls. Always build on your strengths, then develop them outward.

CONTEXT IN A RELATIONSHIP

Once you have a girl's interest, the contextual variable we are interested in shifts from SOCIAL VALUE to INTEREST LEVEL. For some guys, such as introverts who nonetheless possess strong personal standards, things get easier; for others, such as extroverts that have tendency to get p-whipped, things get significantly more difficult. The key point to remember is that your girl will judge you on her INTEREST LEVEL, and not on your actions. If you have a high interest girl, she will readily forgive your shortcomings and flaws. If she's become a low interest girl, you could give half your paychecks to charity and she would find some reason to hate you for it.

A girl doesn't lose interest overnight, fortunately for us, so outright avoidance of being placed in situations that would compromise her interest in you is your best course of action. This is easier than it sounds; as long as her interest is high, she will comply with any reasonable request you have--whether it's to stop talking to her ex boyfriend or to spend time with you instead of going out with her miserable, perpetually single friends. This is why you must set the ground rules early on in a relationship, while your girlfriend has high interest. Eventually, if done correctly, interest level will become eponymous with respect, and all you have to do to maintain the relationship is keep that respect.

Most of the relationship problems that get posted on this site are too far gone to be salvaged. They often consist of guys that got lazy and let their girl push boundaries and continually disrespect them that suddenly realized that they have a serious problem on their hands and a low interest girl that won't sleep with them anymore. By this point, it's way to late to do anything constructive.

WALKING AWAY

When you find yourself placed in a compromising situation that can not be changed, removing yourself from the situation is often the ONLY course of action.

If you are being disrespected by some girl at a bar, don't get into a shouting match and further damage your value, just WALK AWAY.

If some girl is flaking on you repeatedly or wants to bring her male friend on a date with you, WALK AWAY.

If your girlfriend continues to hang out with a guy that has expressed interest in her, WALK AWAY.

All these situations are LOSE/LOSE. You are at a huge disadvantage because the context is controlled by the woman. The only way to counter this is NOT TO PLAY.

CONTROL THE CONTEXT OR THE CONTEXT WILL CONTROL YOU!

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is actually a really good post, I just wish I had something to contribute to it.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

Great take Jeff--this really highlights the importance of being able to gauge and react appropriately to INTEREST LEVEL.

Some of my non-DJ friends are amazed at the number of women I see (and bang), and I tell them it really boils to interest level. I only deal with interested women. Of course there are other factors, but 90% of the women I date approached ME, and I do not waste one further minute once I have ascertained a girl has mild to low interest. It is worth noting that you have to first determine that her low interest is indeed a genuine lack of desire and not a result of AFC behaviors.

My personal motto--You cant make a girl love you, but you definitely make her NOT love you.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Bump.

Great take Jeff--this really highlights the importance of being able to gauge and react appropriately to INTEREST LEVEL.

Some of my non-DJ friends are amazed at the number of women I see (and bang), and I tell them it really boils to interest level. I only deal with interested women. Of course there are other factors, but 90% of the women I date approached ME, and I do not waste one further minute once I have ascertained a girl has mild to low interest. It is worth noting that you have to first determine that her low interest is indeed a genuine lack of desire and not a result of AFC behaviors.

My personal motto--You cant make a girl love you, but you definitely make her NOT love you.
Absolutely. And just as it is a waste of time dealing with low interest girls, it's equally a waste of time trying to game girls in situations where you have negative social proof. You ideally want to strike when the iron is hot by creating situations where you have MASSIVE social proof, and then do your thing.

It might be useful to use this thread to come up with more examples of ways to turn a potentially value compromising situation into one that benefits you. Even if it's a purely academic exercise, it helps to get ourselves into the mindset where we can spot opportunities a mile away. Here's one to start, for a simple bar environment:

If you find yourself in a set of a medium size (not too large--say, 4 or 5 people) that is mostly girls and dominated by an alpha male, don't try to beat him at his game; that will only lower your value. Befriend him if you can--if you can't, just ignore him and work on the girls (DON'T select a target yet). Once they are sufficiently interested, bring up a venue change to somewhere you are comfortable and get them excited about it--seriously make it seem like the greatest place in the world, even if it's some dive bar. It really helps to pick a place where you know a lot of people.

If all the girls want to go, the AMOG is going to risk looking very bad if he doesn't let them, and he'll likely cave and tag along. Once you move the group, YOU are going to be seen as the alpha, and any aggressive action from the AMOG toward you (be it snide remarks, insults, etc.) are going to lower HIS value. Then, pick a target and work from there.

This is old school social dynamics and as such, it takes a bit more planning to execute. However, most HB's are going to be in mixed sets, so it's good to have a plan how to handle them.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
Absolutely. And just as it is a waste of time dealing with low interest girls, it's equally a waste of time trying to game girls in situations where you have negative social proof. You ideally want to strike when the iron is hot by creating situations where you have MASSIVE social proof, and then do your thing.
Another example of context:

Last night I went out with some guys from the gym. Cool guys, older; like 35-45, what I would call naturals. Probably never heard of this site or read one single article, but can pull women with almost criminal ease. One of them had THREE full-time girlfriends for over a year. Crazy time management...

Anyways, they like to party. The drinks were flowing constantly, we're blazin' in between bars, almost get in a fight...good night. But---I was totally out of my element. I'm coming into their world, not the other way around. They're older, more established, more money...plus clubs are NOT my scene at all. We weren't really out to pick up girls, but even if we were I would have been at a disadvantage. I'm new, young, and would have had little social proof in that context.

Not to mention being that wasted is not conducive to running any game at all--at least for me. Some guys can wheel drunk, stoned, or both, but I bug out a bit when I'm high in a crowded club. I just had to roll with it and do as the Romans do.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Another example of context:

Last night I went out with some guys from the gym. Cool guys, older; like 35-45, what I would call naturals. Probably never heard of this site or read one single article, but can pull women with almost criminal ease. One of them had THREE full-time girlfriends for over a year. Crazy time management...

Anyways, they like to party. The drinks were flowing constantly, we're blazin' in between bars, almost get in a fight...good night. But---I was totally out of my element. I'm coming into their world, not the other way around. They're older, more established, more money...plus clubs are NOT my scene at all. We weren't really out to pick up girls, but even if we were I would have been at a disadvantage. I'm new, young, and would have had little social proof in that context.

Not to mention being that wasted is not conducive to running any game at all--at least for me. Some guys can wheel drunk, stoned, or both, but I bug out a bit when I'm high in a crowded club. I just had to roll with it and do as the Romans do.
Good one. Older, single guys with good communication skills will clean up in field with girls in their 20's as long as they hold the frame and don't come off as "try hard." However, if you were gaming college age girls, I think the scales would be tipped in your direction. You're right in the desirable age group for them--old enough to be worlds more mature than their frat boy counterparts, but still young enough to be relevant to their generation.

At any rate, def see what you can learn from winging with those guys--older naturals can run some really tight sets.

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
A significant part of being "good with women" lies in playing to your strengths and setting up situations to work in your favor. Since so much of life is perceived to be beyond our control, it's easy to forget that we are fully capable of AVOIDING being put in the value-compromising positions that many of the first time posters that frequent this site are placed. The key is understanding how CONTEXT impacts your success, and how you can usually manipulate the context of a situation by thinking ahead.

AN EXAMPLE

Joshua Bell is possibly the world's greatest living classical violinist. People will quite literally pay THOUSANDS to hear him play at the world's most prestigious concert halls. But what happens if the context of his performance is changed into one that no longer highlights the perceived value of his performance? Watch the result here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOPu0_YWhw

This is analogous to what a lot of would-be PUAs do when they first start out: They go into venues in which they have very little social value and don't play to their strengths. When two average-looking rAFC enter a crowded meat-market club full of HB10's, they are allowing themselves to be judged as every other male in the club is judged; solely on face value. They can throw negs like crazy, run entertaining routines, etc. and may keep a few sets going for awhile, but in the end, they have very little chance with any of the HB10's. Furthermore, the sheer number of blowouts they will probably experience will damage their social value even MORE.

CHANGING CONTEXT

Now, picture the two average looking guys going to a party out of state, hosted by their longtime HB friend who works in fashion. The party consists of mostly young single girls and gay dudes. In this case, those same guys can use PUA tactics and mop the floor with those ladies--in fact, the mere fact that they are "prequalified" by the HB host would probably suffice. The difference lies in the context of the situation.

Another example: Instead of going to the bar and drinking with his buddies while staring at girls, a guy decides to take a yoga class. As an absolute beginner, he obviously stands out, but this actually give him an IN to chat up the HBs in the class. He goes out with one of them the following week.

By the way, these examples are not hypothetical.

All of us have the ability to drastically alter our pickup environment without actually leaving our comfort zone. Do you write songs? Start organizing an open mic night at your local bar (female songwriters are more often that not single and very approachable.) Do you speak a foreign language fluently? Offer instruction (Women that do a great deal of traveling overseas are often single). Are you interested in photography? Start taking lessons and get serious about it (come on...models??). Don't misunderstand--the point is NOT to use these skills you have to score with your clients, it's to use them to build SOCIAL VALUE. That aspiring songwriter that comes to your open mic every week has a bunch of single friends that view you as a local big shot. That woman seeking French lessons goes to a lot of swanky parties with sophisticated European women. That model...you get the idea.
Start by devoting some time to any skills or interests that you may possess and work from there.

A WORD ABOUT COMFORT ZONES AND mPUAs

We don't want to leave our comfort zone, we want to EXPAND it. Think of it as fishing with a bigger net--the more places where we feel like our social value is high, the more women we will attract. Leaving our comfort zone outright can often do more harm than good, however. If you're in a relationship and your girlfriend is always dragging you to social events organized by her male friends, you're LOWERING your social value in her eyes--again, because of the context you allow yourself to be placed in.

Much of the reason mPUAs have so much perceived success is because they find their niche and stick with it. Before Mystery had the "star power" he has today, he still pulled a lot of girls--but a CERTAIN TYPE of girl. His wardrobe and mannerisms would get him rejected outright by lots of "normal" women, but they worked in his favor when it came to freaky goth chicks and hard partying models. If he had "cleaned up" his image and started dressing like a young professional in an attempt to pickup more conservative women, it would likely come across disingenuous to such girls while also alienating the party girls. Always build on your strengths, then develop them outward.

CONTEXT IN A RELATIONSHIP

Once you have a girl's interest, the contextual variable we are interested in shifts from SOCIAL VALUE to INTEREST LEVEL. For some guys, such as introverts who nonetheless possess strong personal standards, things get easier; for others, such as extroverts that have tendency to get p-whipped, things get significantly more difficult. The key point to remember is that your girl will judge you on her INTEREST LEVEL, and not on your actions. If you have a high interest girl, she will readily forgive your shortcomings and flaws. If she's become a low interest girl, you could give half your paychecks to charity and she would find some reason to hate you for it.

A girl doesn't lose interest overnight, fortunately for us, so outright avoidance of being placed in situations that would compromise her interest in you is your best course of action. This is easier than it sounds; as long as her interest is high, she will comply with any reasonable request you have--whether it's to stop talking to her ex boyfriend or to spend time with you instead of going out with her miserable, perpetually single friends. This is why you must set the ground rules early on in a relationship, while your girlfriend has high interest. Eventually, if done correctly, interest level will become eponymous with respect, and all you have to do to maintain the relationship is keep that respect.

Most of the relationship problems that get posted on this site are too far gone to be salvaged. They often consist of guys that got lazy and let their girl push boundaries and continually disrespect them that suddenly realized that they have a serious problem on their hands and a low interest girl that won't sleep with them anymore. By this point, it's way to late to do anything constructive.

WALKING AWAY

When you find yourself placed in a compromising situation that can not be changed, removing yourself from the situation is often the ONLY course of action.

If you are being disrespected by some girl at a bar, don't get into a shouting match and further damage your value, just WALK AWAY.

If some girl is flaking on you repeatedly or wants to bring her male friend on a date with you, WALK AWAY.

If your girlfriend continues to hang out with a guy that has expressed interest in her, WALK AWAY.

All these situations are LOSE/LOSE. You are at a huge disadvantage because the context is controlled by the woman. The only way to counter this is NOT TO PLAY.

CONTROL THE CONTEXT OR THE CONTEXT WILL CONTROL YOU!
Thanks, that is awesome!