Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need some serious help, what does an attractive guy look like?

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help/advice here.

Let me first state that I *think* (or thought?) I'm a pretty attractive guy. I'm pretty fit, not ripped, but I'm in decent shape. I always keep a clean look and wear nice clothes.

My problem is with closing with chicks online, mainly craigslist. I have no problem getting chicks to respond to my post, and no problem engaging them in conversation and keeping their IL high. The problem is when I send my pics 90% of them dissapear never to be heard of again.

Like I said, I thought I was an attractive guy, and I do have professional pics taken (full body and face pics). I really must not know what an attractive guy looks like and I may be in need to a complete change on the way I look. I really hate to bring up the race card (trust me, I really do), but could it be these chicks stop responding not because I'm not attractive, but because I'm black? Most of the chicks I correspond with are white. Not really by choice it's just thats who usually emails my ads and the ads I respond to. If thats not it, what is the look I should be going for? I really hate to be shallow as I'm not really a shallow person when it comes to chicks (as long as they are not fat and take care of themselves).

In need of some serious help here. I can go all the way on a chick but can't number close for a date due to the dissapearing act after the pics are exchanged. I don't see a way around it.

Armored

Banned
Reaction score
HardTimes said:

Let me first state that I *think* (or thought?) I'm a pretty attractive guy. I'm pretty fit, not ripped, but I'm in decent shape. I always keep a clean look and wear nice clothes.

My problem is with closing with chicks online, mainly craigslist.

In need of some serious help here.
Deal with your fears of approaching and talking to regular REAL people. Its natural, expected and OK. Just have fun with it, don't be so focused on outcomes.

Just get out there, away from the fcking keyboard man. Sack up and go out TONIGHT. Approach 1 woman.

And I personally know of no Brothers who have a hard time pickin up chicks. Seriously, none. And I grew up in Oakland.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh...get the f*ck off the internet.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who are looking for guys online are very superficial. If your not super good looking or have an 8 incher you shouldn't waste your time.

IcedT

Reaction score
HardTimes said:

My problem is with closing with chicks online, mainly craigslist. I have no problem getting chicks to respond to my post, and no problem engaging them in conversation and keeping their IL high. The problem is when I send my pics 90% of them dissapear never to be heard of again.

Like I said, I thought I was an attractive guy, and I do have professional pics taken (full body and face pics). I really must not know what an attractive guy looks like and I may be in need to a complete change on the way I look. I really hate to bring up the race card (trust me, I really do), but could it be these chicks stop responding not because I'm not attractive, but because I'm black? Most of the chicks I correspond with are white. Not really by choice it's just thats who usually emails my ads and the ads I respond to. If thats not it, what is the look I should be going for? I really hate to be shallow as I'm not really a shallow person when it comes to chicks (as long as they are not fat and take care of themselves).

In need of some serious help here. I can go all the way on a chick but can't number close for a date due to the dissapearing act after the pics are exchanged. I don't see a way around it.
The ONLY way you can get any help is to show us the pics, or if you don't want to show everyone, just PM me them and I'll let you know. I'm black as well and in general chicks tell me I look good, but I went through this sorta phase as well not knowing if I was attractive or not, so I tend to know what girls consider attractive.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HardTimes said:

You're only experiencing what the vast majority of men experience when they try online dating. If you're experiencing a 90% rejection rate then consider it par for the course. Online dating for the most part is nothing, but a meat market. You can't use things like body language and voice tone. I have a much better success rate doing cold approaches in real life than I do with online. I've hooked up with 4-5 women online, but I literally had to go through hundreds. Most of the women on online dating sites are outrageously picky and fickle even when they themselves are no real prize. Flakiness is maximized to the 10th degree online. You have to be uber persistant and play the numbers game like a mad dog to get anywhere with it.

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been fairly successful with the internet dating thing before. You don't have to be Brad Pitt or have a package the size of Ron Jeremy to pull a girl over the net. It helps, but it's not a prerequisite, ya know? I'm not the best looking guy in the world, but I'm a really good conversationalist with a decent sense of humor.

My first advice would be to log off and chase real tail. But, if internet dating is your bag (it is with some guys), remember two things:

1. Girls who look for guys online are either A) psychotic in nature or B) ugly by birth. Every now and then there'll be that exception that proves the rule, but that's usually how it breaks down.

2. Never be afraid of the emoticon. It can make or break flirtatious e-mails.

Make sure you have pics of you doing stuff with friends and doing stuff you love. It shows your actual nature and you won't come off as 'that guy' online. Make sure your profile or ad is well tuned, with a bit of humor and matter-of-factness mixed in. Try not to sell yourself like you're one of those magic bullett things on late night TV. Just write it as natural as you can.

Other than that, meet real women. ;)

Entity Unknown

Reaction score
A correct mindset:

What every different women find attractive depends a lot about the type of woman that is "analysing" you at the time.. Different strokes for different folks.

That being said, there are a few things in life that are attractive to everyone, and some of those things are:

1) Success - If there is something you want to do in life, and you do it with success, then that reflects well on others.

2) Happiness - every human strives to be happy.. so if you are happy you will attract happiness.

3) Determination / motivation - This characteristic shows what type of person you are, will you give up easily? Will you fight for what you want?

Overall, woman look for a guy that will make them feel good (not just sexually), a guy that will motivate them to be all they can be, that will lift them up when they are down (emotionally too), a guy they can be proud of and look up to in certain ways.

We often tend to forget that woman are humans, they have all the simple needs that we men have.. They want to find the perfect partner and "live happily ever after", its nature, its the way we were made.

Depending on what stage or phase of life a particular woman is going through, the things she looks for in a guy will vary.. For example.. when we are young things like looks may be up there with regards to priorities... But as we grow up, things like "will he be a good father to my children" and "when we are 60 years old, will he still be someone I love spending time with and sharing moments with" ... In other words, the more we grow, the more the all important things become more of a priority... much like the rest of our lives.

Don't get me wrong, physical attraction will always play a role with relationships, especially in those initial phases of the process, but the qualities that always shine and never go out are the qualities that each one of us possess, we all have our unique qualities that will attract different types of woman to us... Some of us are more laid back and chilled, yet successful to... others of us may be loud, energetic, and inspired, yet may not be as successful (I am just giving examples here) - At the end of the day we all possess key qualities that make us who we are, and it is up to every single one of us to recognise those qualities and enhance them, bring them to the surface and let them shine and reflect onto the world.

Woman want real men, men that believe in themselves and follow their hearts... in between your qualities and passions will be that factor of looks, which realistically is not the deciding factor. I used to think looks had a lot to do with my success with women, but as life goes by and I learned more about woman, I came to understand that personality is the quality that sticks with you forever, and looks are things that will only get u so far..

For those of us that just want to get laid as much as they can with as many women as possible, then looks may be an advantage.. But for those of us looking for something more meaningful and fulfilling then we will need to make sure our personality/the person we are is someone that a woman will WANT to spend time with emotionally too (not just physically), otherwise we might get to their beds, and once the infatuation fades away so will they.

For those that are at the stage where they aren't looking for something meaningful and just feel like having fun:

Okay, well if this is the case, then confidence will be your key to success. (Confidence applies in general with everyone) - Confidence is something that tells people "This is who I am, I am great, I believe in myself and I am going to live my life to the fullest, with or without you!"

The message of confidence is attractive because it shows you don't need anyone's approval, you don't need anyone to think you are attractive, and you don't need anyone to give you the go ahead to feel good about who you are. It conveys the message that there must be something about you that gives you the right to be so confident.. and in reality, we all have a very good reason.. and that reason is that, we are who we are, unique, our own individual, on our own mission/purpose.

If you think that you may not be good enough then that simply means that you don't believe in yourself as much as you should. You can offer others what nobody else can, because nobody else is or will ever be you.

Realistically we will not be every woman's cup of tea, but that is not a bad thing at all, its just the way of life, the fact that every individual prefers different qualities, looks, an so on. Different people are also at different phases in life, some are looking for sex, others are looking to settle down, and other may be just looking to tease and get an ego boost... regardless of anything, we must never forget that as unique individuals we have the qualities within us to attract many women, its just a matter of meeting the one's with preferences that go hand in hand with ours.

This leads me to the question people often ask - "how did that ugly guy end up with that?" or visa versa... well when I was younger I used to think there was something wrong in that picture.. but experience has taught me that a less physically attractive woman can be way more attractive that a model type of woman.... maybe before you have a conversation with them or get to know them the choice would naturally lean towards the model... but after getting to know someone and the way you feel around that person things can change is ways that you never thought would be possible before hand.

And from a woman's perspective, its the same.. She may not think you are the hottest guy she has met in her life when she meets you, but if your personality shines and you earn her respect and make her feel good being around you, then the looks will just be a sider.

Alright, I think I am getting carried away here, so I will end this message saying that I only want what is best for you guys, and I hope that this has at least given some of you a different perspective to consider.

All the best.

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for your insightful posts and I know I should be going out there in real life but I suck at the bar scene so I try to supplement it online as much as I can.

Anyway I think most of you are missing a key issue with my problem in regards to girls being flaky and stuff online.

I have no problems with building attraction and interests level with emails/chat. Most women I can get to respond to me right away, have them send me long emails, engage in good conversation, etc. The problem is the disappearing act directly after I send my pics so it's obvious the only thing turning them away are my pics.

The latest chick I was talking pulled the same shyt a few days ago. I've been talking to her for over a week. She asked me for pics within the first 2-3 emails but I called her out on it saying that most women who ask for pics right away are superficial and stop emailing me right after I send them pics. She said things like "nooo ill never do something like that to you!! :)" and "awww i like you too much for that I just want to see what you look like!" So after I talked to her for about a week and a half (trust me, IL was high, long emails, telling me about her life, asking me a lot of questions, etc). She practically asked me to ask her on a date this weekend. I finally sent her some pics and what do you know... DISAPPEARING ACT..... EVEN thought I called her on it as soon as we started talking and she claimed she wasn't that type of person. Pure bullshyt.

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replys guys and I know I should be going out and trying to pick up chicks IRL but I suck at the bar scene (or any other meat market scene) so I try to also pick up chicks online (yes I know, another meat market).

But I think you guys are missing the point of my OP. Like I stated before I have no problems getting chicks to respond to me and keeping their IL very high. I can get them to always reply to my emails very quickly, invest time in writing me long emails, tell me a lot about their personal life and ask me about mines, take an interests in what I do, etc. Of course these are the chicks who I don't send my picture to right way. But even after all of this attraction building and IL building they pull the disappearing AS SOON as I send them my pics. Not one email afterward.

Sorry I'm just frustrated because this just happened to me again a few days ago. I've been talking to this girl for about 2 weeks now and she asked for pics within the first 2-3 emails and I told her that only very superficial women ask for pics early on and those are the ones that stop responding after I send pics and we should just end this now. Basically I called her out. She said things like "no im not like that I'm not superficial!!" and "aww don't worry I won't stop emailing you but you don't after you send your pics :)" So we go back and forth and I had her IL very high and the chemistry was there. She always responded to me right away, wrote me long/thoughtful emails, etc. She was practically begging me to finally take her on a date. So I set something up for this weekend and we trade pics. DISAPPEARED EVER SINCE. Complete standard issue disappearing act. I straight up called her on when we first started talking, she claimed she was different, ended up doing EXACTLY what I said in the end. Wow color me surprised :rolleyes:

I really hate women. I really don't understand how one can place SO MUCH VALUE on looks. Like I said in the OP (I think?) I'm a decent looking guy. Who knows maybe I'm wrong.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why online dating is such a challenge, and IMO a huge waste of time.

Any person can discard a picture quickly and move on to the next. After all, it's just a picture. She's seen 1000s of the, she knows she can find another one.

However it's harder for someone to discard a person's image and personality in real life. This woman has probably NOT seen and discarded 1000s of men, so thus it's harder for her to do so.

So I guess my question to you is if you're a decent looking guy, why are you still caught up in online dating?

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2 said:
So I guess my question to you is if you're a decent looking guy, why are you still caught up in online dating?
I'm not good at the bar scene and I have big fear of rejection problems. Look how bad I handle getting rejected online. I'd go into shock in person.

IcedT

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, if you REALLY want help you need to post a pic, otherwise no one can help you. How else are we supposed to know if it's because you're black or because you're not attractive enough for them?

Either do that or start approaching chicks in real life and gauge their reaction to you. If they're attracted solely based on looks you'll know. Matter of fact you don't even need to approach to know. Do girls check you out in public? Hold eye contact with you in the streets?

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to do a little online dating here and there but suck at getting a chick's IL high. Can you share what you say to them?

Sosa_80

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would say hey how you doing, its been a while, how was your day, we should meet up and catch up.

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha you guys want to here something funny? The same girl that dissapeared on me responded to another one of my craigslist ads! Women are such bytches!

Ryoku

Banned
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Uhh...get the f*ck off the internet.
The only real post that matters.

Get out in the clubs. You can't go once a month and expect to get good. You need practice. Women are easy. Easy to understand, easy to play with, easy to love.

Get over you self-perceived superiority complex and deal with the issue at hand - You have a severe lack of confidence.

This void has led you to so much frustration with women that you've begun to resent them. Calling women bytches because they don't respond to you is childish.

And you want to know what an attractive guy looks like? Read a GQ, goto an Upscale shopping area and soak in the mens clothes. Check out Kinowear.com. But understand that attraction has very, if anything to do with looks. Its about your ability to convey your raw personality and if a chick digs you, all you need to do is lead the way.

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ryoku said:
But understand that attraction has very, if anything to do with looks. Its about your ability to convey your raw personality and if a chick digs you, all you need to do is lead the way.
Actually be definition thats the exact opposite of what I experienced. Yes it's the internet but there are actually real people behind those computer screens and those real people acted in the exact opposite way you mentioned.