Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gano Excel

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other week my friend brought me to this business meeting about this company who are selling this evolutionary healthy coffee. After going through all the seminars, it seemed like the product they were selling was really big, but what set off my alarms was a lot of suspicious business manipulating that I'm not really familiar with, was wondering if anyone could identify with this situation?

Supposedly ganoderma, the miracle mushroom that is infused within coffee, is said to be a universal mushroom that could cure many things at once and has been used since ancient China. At first I was really pulled into the whole thing and sort of wanted to join the company, their product seemed great and I thought I could be a part of something big.

Suddenly I'm rushed by all these business people trying to make me join the company even though they don't know who the hell I was. No resume or anything like that, they said I could join right on the spot if I paid them $25. They even said stuff like "We can help you, you just have to join us." It sounded really fishy, and what kind of gave it away is that they would always try to indirectly sell me the fact that they're rich by one way or another with their fancy business suits and watches. The guy that was interviewing me didn't even have a matching suit.

The way their system works is that you get people under you and a portion of their profits goes to you. Hypothetically you could be your own company and if you had a lot of people, you would be making bank without even working. Though something did not feel right at all, most of these guys were my age, around 20 to 24. It kind of alerted me because they would tell me stuff like "These guys are smart, they started early in their lives." If this system was so brilliant, every business man in the country would be in it, but why are these young guys running this so called brilliant system? Surely they don't think that these younger guys are so much more clever than business men who have years of experience on them?

Feeling neutral I told them that I would think about it, they seemed disappointed and tried playing it off by saying "Okay yeah, just think about it but I know you're a smart man." That also alerted another one of my alarms, it seems that their objective was to get me to pay them $25 and join their company. One guy even gave me $10 and said "Here, I'll pay for you down payment so you'll only need to pay $15. You could either join us and make millions, or use this on junk food though you might as well throw it in the water." I felt that this was an NLP technique and ignored what he said, later that day I actually used it as my lunch money.

I tried looking up this company on the internet but it gave me information only about the mushroom, it didn't mention anything about their "money raking" system. The thing is is that everything I've read about their product has been widely praised, ganoderma has been used to fight off cancer and in some cases, eliminate it period. Though this whole system thing just screams out "SCAM" in every possible angle. The young employees, the fact that they seem a little bit desperate in me joining, and there was this layer of fakeness to the whole thing. I'm not very familiar with anything business at all, can anyone really clarify if this really is legit or not?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a MLM, or a multi level marketing company.

I've been to a few of those meetings, and they are all the same regardless of the product.

If they make a certain percentage from their money from recruiting (like the $25 they asked for you to join) then they are a pyrimid scheme and illegal.

People do make money doing that sort of thing, but you've really got to believe in the product, and be REALLY good at cold calling and closing people. Which in and of themselves can be really good skills to have, so you might want to consider it just as a skill increasing social drill.

But I serioulsy doubt some mushroom is worth much. Try tupperware or something, at least you'd get a shot at some MILF's.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see, thanks for clearing that up to me, I knew there was something fishy about it like why the hell do they want me to pay $25 to them immediately?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, its a pyramid scheme. The inverse 'money funnel' and the recruitment method gives it away.

I've recently had one of these 'opportunities' with a 'revolutionary business model' at the Primerica Insurance company, the one supported by CitiGroup. My cost for it would have been $100 up front and the $25 for monthly support selling Insurance. What struck me as odd is that I was invited by a former colleague of mine to the regional office of the Toronto area and it looked like a dump and everyone was wearing jeans and shirts. Insurance salesmen.

Same sh*t, different a-hole. You took the $10 and walked off right???

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
What struck me as odd is that I was invited by a former colleague of mine to the regional office of the Toronto area and it looked like a dump and everyone was wearing jeans and shirts. Insurance salesmen.
Funny that you mentioned it, in Toronto it seems that there are alot of fake companies being set up to swindle you out of your money by offering you fake positions. I remember on more then one occassion some dude in the mall approached me and said "hey buddy sorry to bother you but you look familiar, do I know you?" and then he asked me what university I went too and when he got the answer, he told me that he went there too and that's why I looked so familiar. Then he asked me if I would be interested in a great job (which I was right out of college) because he belonged to this marketing company that wholesale to other big businesses and they are looking for alot of people and its easy and the money is good. Well I told the guy I will get back to him and took the guy's number and he took mine (I know what you are thinking, I even told myself this better be legit and hopefully he isn't a fag) and went to look over the company online, the website looked cheap and it didn't really tell you what the company was all about, so my suspicion grow that in fact it was a scheme. So I never called him back, even though he tried about 3 different times to reach me about the position which by itself is very unorthodox method of a company basically begging me to join.

About a year later I ran into another guy that came up to me with the same line" hey buddy you look familiar" so I let him talk to see whether it was in fact the same company and it was. So I told him right in his face: "I think you better change your company methods of recruiting people by pretending you know them because you don't, I heard this line before from another guy, and therefore you are lying to me and therefore I have to assume you are full of sh1t too and you are trying to scheme me".

The moron just bit his lip, nodded his head and walked away.