Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Why Beautiful Women Marry Less Attractive Men"

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080410/sc_livescience/whybeautifulwomenmarrylessattractivemen

"The husband who's less physically attractive than his wife is getting something more than maybe he can expect to get," McNulty told LiveScience. "He's getting something better than he's providing at that level. So he's going to work hard to maintain that relationship."
haha he basically described an AFC.

Physical attractiveness of husbands is not as important to women, the researchers suggest. Rather, wives are looking for supportive husbands, they say.

So it seems the mismatch in looks is actually a perfect match. "Equitable is unlikely to mean the same on every dimension," Ariely said during a telephone interview. "It just means that overall two people make sense together."
oh boy! great news for AFC's! now they can go out with this research and proclaim to the world "I am going to marry a hot wife because I will be the best supportive husband in the world!! I knew being a nice guy would pay off in the long terms!!"

Little does he know he can't see the whole forest when he is blinded by the trees.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What we (or others) might consider attractive, is not what women might consider attractive.

Having said that…I totally DISAGREE with this.

So it seems the mismatch in looks is actually a perfect match. "Equitable is unlikely to mean the same on every dimension," Ariely said during a telephone interview. "It just means that overall two people make sense together."
Income and career is something that appreciates. While the beauty and hotness factor depreciates.

So…who is truly winning in the long run?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
What we (or others)

So…who is truly winning in the long run?
and the winner is.............

the GENES that get replicated

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical attractiveness of husbands is not as important to women, the researchers suggest. Rather, wives are looking for supportive husbands, they say.
Two words:

BULL

SH!T

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women want men.

Women do not want feminine males. This is the "natural order of things".

It matters more that a man acts the man's role, than how the man looks.

I have a theory as to why the mainstream media wants men to be like women:

Women spend more. Women are compulsive shoppers. If a woman has control of a man's finances, she spends more money = more profit!

Makes perfect sense

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the sexiest burlesque dancers in my dance school (23 y.o) just got married to this moon-faced fat AFC (25 y.o). The wedding photo makes you go WTF?!!! He looks rich though.

##17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most articles written by the "Mainstream Media" in regards to how men should attract women are nonsense. Imagine a thousand iqqi's pounding away at the typewriter and you get the idea.

Last edited:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Two words:

BULL

SH!T
I agree. I can't remember a female every saying her BF or SO was unattractive no matter how I thought so. I'm betteing these guys are attractive to their women and I'm thinking it's because the guys have symmetry even if they aren't that tall or in shape or might be balding.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
ketostix said:
I agree. I can't remember a female every saying her BF or SO was unattractive no matter how I thought so. I'm betteing these guys are attractive to their women and I'm thinking it's because the guys have symmetry even if they aren't that tall or in shape or might be balding.
It's already been stated in a previous thread that most people can agree on what's physically attractive and what's not. Yes, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder too, but usually when one person thinks a particular guy/girl is attractive, most others will agree too.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
edger said:
It's already been stated in a previous thread that most people can agree on what's physically attractive and what's not. Yes, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder too, but usually when one person thinks a particular guy/girl is attractive, most others will agree too.

Well I agree this is true for men rating women and usually even for women rating other women when they're being honest. But when it comes to women rating men I don't think men agree much with how women rate men.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
But when it comes to women rating men I don't think men agree much with how women rate men.
Yeah, half of the time I'd go Huh?

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Well I agree this is true for men rating women and usually even for women rating other women when they're being honest. But when it comes to women rating men I don't think men agree much with how women rate men.
Keto, don't forget too, that when a guy's on top of his game, even if he's ugly, he becomes attractive to her physically. It's one of those weird things. It works that way with guys too. I've met chix who I didn't think of much in terms of looks, but their personalities and the way they acted, in some weird way made them appear attractive. It's weird how it works, lol. We're not much different than women(at least I'm not in this regard, lol), except women take this more to an extreme than we do.

Anyway, back to what you're saying, who knows if it's symmetry or not. The only way you can really know is by interviewing these couples and asking them how they met, asking if she was attracted to him the first time she seen him. That would be the best way to find out if symmetry is at play here. If symmetry does have to do with it, then that's only part of the attraction process of what attracts women to men..the rest being your game.

Its funny, whenever I meet an ugly or dweebish guy, I'll casually ask him(if his girlfriend's HOT), how he met his chick. I'll usually ask him if he cold-approached her, or if she gave him the "eye"(vibes). This has been part of my inquisitiveness to find out how all the not-so-attractive guys are pullling these babes.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact is though, is that most HOT women are with avg. to below avg. looking guys. Mostly BELOW avg. looking guys...from our perspective at least.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
edger said:
Keto, don't forget too, that when a guy's on top of his game, even if he's ugly, he becomes attractive to her physically. It's one of those weird things. It works that way with guys too. I've met chix who I didn't think of much in terms of looks, but their personalities and the way they acted, in some weird way made them appear attractive. It's weird how it works, lol. We're not much different than women(at least I'm not in this regard, lol), except women take this more to an extreme than we do I believe.
OK but you're going to have to define game when you say on top if his game. My definition right now is you must have the foundation x factor of expressiveness and smoothness before you can add anything else on and make it work.

Anyway, back to what you're saying, who knows if it's symmetry or not. The only way you can really know is by interviewing these couples and asking them how they met, if she was attracted to him the first time she seen him. That would be the best way to find out if symmetry is at play here. If symmetry does have to do with it, then that's only part of the attraction process of what attracts women to men..the rest being your game.
Well the thing is about symmetry there has been research done. All that is necessary to accurately determine if there's symmetry at play is to obtain the pic of the guy and place a template over his face A Maquardi mask (I'm totally butchering his name as I'm not sure) and it will measure for symmetry that in research it seems to measure for symmetry that people have responded postively too. And there you would find out if there was symmetry or not. Asking a woman if she was attracted to her guy at first is about useless.

I actually tried to do this with my own pic but as far as I know as of yet you can't just take a digi pic and drag the transparent mask over it digitally on you PC. You had to have a print of your photo and you had to make the mask by printing it on cellophane or whatever and do it manually. Too much bother. I don't know if anyone sells these template or if you can do it all on your PC now or not. I think it would be cool if every DJ took a their pic and measured their facial symmetry though.

Its funny, whenever I meet an ugly or dweebish guy, I'll casually ask him(if his girlfriend's HOT), how he met his chick. I'll usually ask him if he cold-approached her, or if she gave him the "eye"(vibes). This has been part of my inquisitiveness to find out how all the not-so-attractive guys are pullling these babes.
Yeah thats cool. What kind of answers have you been getting?

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charlotte Lewis was hot for William Dafoes character in Wild at Heart. Yeah the guy with NO TEETH.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
edger said:
The fact is though, is that most HOT women are with avg. to below avg. looking guys. Mostly BELOW avg. looking guys...from our perspective at least.

Right from our perspective. Well more accurately just yours Edger because I don't see it that much :p . But I think the explaination might be in how expressive and smooth the guy is and maybe he has symmetry.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Colossus said:
how many times can we beat this horse...

Beat what horse? I read a lot and I've never heard anyone really present that what fundamentally causes attraction and is a necessary foundation is to have very good expressiveness and congruent facial expressions. We have DD telling guys to not smile and the rest is all about word choice.

Edit: Sorry Colossus, I had forgot what thread I was in. I thought I was in my own thread. They do all start to look alike lol.

Last edited:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
persistent exaction said:
Charlotte Lewis was hot for William Dafoes character in Wild at Heart. Yeah the guy with NO TEETH.

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm not focusing on what happens to the people (actors) in the movie as much as what happens to the audience.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm not focusing on what happens to the people (actors) in the movie as much as what happens to the audience.

She wasn't in the movie. She was interviewed, the topic of the movie came up, and she said she basically wanted to "do" William Dafoe's character. Yeah the guy with NO TEETH.