Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone considering Accutane....(my experience so far)

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me just start off by saying my acne was pretty bad.Bad enough that in the last 6 months,about 5-6 old people have made comments on it advising me what to do.....Not bad enough to ruin my social life since my popularity is good enough and I get good respect and am funny guy.

I tried all the regular stuff.Any cream you can think of Ive tried.Home remedies-tried em all.Pro active-terrible terrible choice to buy and ended up being pretty useless.

I finally made the decision to go on accutane.My face right before accutane was bad and my shoulders were dreadful.

I started taking accutane on Feb 13 (40mg daily) and on that day I had also bought a chapstick knowing that its basically 100% of a chance of dry lips

Im guessing Canada is one of the cheapest places to buy Accutane,since I got a months worth for like $50 dollars.

Now if you have read up on accutane,you would have seen some of the side effects.Dont let that throw you off too much

Side effects I encountered so far:
-Dry Lips starting comin around 2 weeks into the drug
-Lack of fatigue/Tired faster than normal while playing sports

Overall its been 3 weeks now and I can visually see my skin peeling(mainly above the lip at the moustache area) but that can usually be dealt with with a mousturizer in morning.

If nothing else is working,take this drug.It is working wonders for me and I am 3 weeks into it only.I am posting this soley for some of you who are considering this drug and maybe give some users more of an insight on whether or not this is for them.

Ill answer any questions I can

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went on Accutane for about six months in high school. Like you, I tried everything else and it didn't work, just left me peely and red. Accutane worked like a charm. To this day (three years later) I only get really minor breakouts, and very rarely.

I think the list of potential side effects throw people off, but the thing to remember is that very few people actually get those side effects; the drug has to list every single side effect that's been experienced. I just had dry skin and got sunburned more easily, nothing that lotion and sunscreen couldn't fix.

Glad you're liking your results. : )

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let the side effects freak you out.. acutane is magical. My face was terrible until I finally decided to use acutane. I swear within the first week I was clear almost completely. This was about 5 years ago and now I only get very minor breakouts very rarely.

Best advice I can give is to invest in some lip balm, cause those chapped lips are here to stay. For a long time. Mine were chapped regularly about 2 years + after I got off acutane and they occasionally flare up every now and then even still. But its a very, very small price to pay for having a clear face. By the gnarly kind of lip balm, the kind that stings. Its a fun addiction.

theborn_athlete

Don Juan
Reaction score
My acne has been a constant struggle since high school started. I think I may have tried every topical and drug under the sun in attempts to clear up my skin, when finally I decided that I had enough and would go on the 'tane.

I started 40mg doses of January 6th of this year, had my dosage upped to 80mg on February 8th and I'm staying with the 80mg until June 6th.

So far my side effects have been incredibly mild:

1. Initial breakout first week
2. Peeling skin first 2 weeks
3. Dry lips
4. 'Tane burn' (flushed/red face)

To this date (2 months in tmrw :rockon:), I can honestly say the side effects of the drug haven't been bad at all. For the first time in years my skin is improving. I've a few people comment about my improving skin (mostly my family), although I feel it is improving at a pretty slow rate.

The hardest thing for me by far has been not drinking. Twice however I have drank 8+ beer and I can say that I haven't felt any different than normal. This is in no way a recommendation to drink on Accutane, listen to your doctor. But in my personal experience, smoking weed or drinking alcohol has been no different on accutane than without.

While on the accutane I have played highly competitive sports, lifted weighs at the gym religiously, added to all my max presses at the gym and put on 5lbs of muscle. My blood tests have actually IMPROVED since starting the Accutane. (Probably due to significantly lower levels of fast food / alcohol consumption)

So my personal experience has been very positive thus far.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
theborn_athlete said:
My acne has been a constant struggle since high school started. I think I may have tried every topical and drug under the sun in attempts to clear up my skin, when finally I decided that I had enough and would go on the 'tane.

I started 40mg doses of January 6th of this year, had my dosage upped to 80mg on February 8th and I'm staying with the 80mg until June 6th.

So far my side effects have been incredibly mild:

1. Initial breakout first week
2. Peeling skin first 2 weeks
3. Dry lips
4. 'Tane burn' (flushed/red face)

To this date (2 months in tmrw :rockon:), I can honestly say the side effects of the drug haven't been bad at all. For the first time in years my skin is improving. I've a few people comment about my improving skin (mostly my family), although I feel it is improving at a pretty slow rate.

The hardest thing for me by far has been not drinking. Twice however I have drank 8+ beer and I can say that I haven't felt any different than normal. This is in no way a recommendation to drink on Accutane, listen to your doctor. But in my personal experience, smoking weed or drinking alcohol has been no different on accutane than without.

While on the accutane I have played highly competitive sports, lifted weighs at the gym religiously, added to all my max presses at the gym and put on 5lbs of muscle. My blood tests have actually IMPROVED since starting the Accutane. (Probably due to significantly lower levels of fast food / alcohol consumption)

So my personal experience has been very positive thus far.
Yeah I smoke and drink too (but not too often), and no bad news from that. I just finished my accutane finally (20 wks total) and MAJOR improvement :up:

Of course, the downside, is that I felt every minor side-effect listed pretty much!! I have low t-levels, no motivation, I can't workout yet cause I've gotten really weak (and skinny now too). But now that it's all over, this month I shall slowly start back up. Bottom line: ACCUTANE IS WORTH IT :)

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone here has said the same thing, accutane fixed my face completly, I have perfect skin now, side effects.. dry lips, also when I did sport I sweated a lot more than I normally would, thats it

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm partly jealous. I have mild acne. Have had it for years. Face isn't too bad most of the time. But having some on my back really pisses me off. My Dermatologist suggested 'tane but I backed out. Possible Side effects scared me especially the dry lips, and dry skin, and bloody noses i heard about.

Wish I had though

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a bunch on my back too man.

I was like you too man.But I made the decision that having dry ass lips ( today was ABSOLUTE HELL since I forgot my chapstick) was absolutely worth it to start clearing up acne.

rockman

Don Juan
Reaction score
My acne used to be just mild, but then I started using this cream called "Differin" every time after I took a shower and the acne went away completely in weeks. Now my face is all clean! :)

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 19 now I'm kinda hoping it will go away soon if not I'll pick up a prescription for it.

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought about getting accutane but they said its really bad to workout when your on it, not to mention the side effects (like depression? wtf). and the fact im already on adderall

im on antibiotics and differin (the strong kind) now. it isnt working so far but ive been on it for two weeks.

ToZe

Don Juan
Reaction score
when you take accutane, do you only take it once (or at least just one month / week) and acne is gone forever? or do you have to keep taking it even when your acne clears up

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good friend of mine told me that nothing else worked for him up until he found this stuff. He's been rockin his clean skin every since. He seems pretty happy

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zubs said:
i thought about getting accutane but they said its really bad to workout when your on it, not to mention the side effects (like depression? wtf). and the fact im already on adderall

im on antibiotics and differin (the strong kind) now. it isnt working so far but ive been on it for two weeks.
It's not bad to workout while on it, it's just that you'll be easily fatigued and a lot more sore than usual in the late stage (like after the first two months, for me at least).

Also, antibiotics are worse than taking accutane just so you know, but good luck with it.

ToZe: More than half the people who take accutane don't see acne come back.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ToZe said:
when you take accutane, do you only take it once (or at least just one month / week) and acne is gone forever? or do you have to keep taking it even when your acne clears up
well I got my accutane (roaccutane) prescribed for 9 months 20mg, am now takign 2 boxes of it once every 2 days for half the doze, the acne was completly gone in like 5months but I still had pink spots on my face, those went away after a long time.. thats my story

Reaction score
Toze usually you take it for like 1-4 months and then its gone forever, i took accutane myself and it IS the only thing that works. i did get some pretty bad depression while on it but it may be due to other things aswell. but other than that the side effects didnt bother me at all, so glad to have taken it. the compliments you will start to get will be great!

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard its pretty expensive is that true? I found some antibiotics that were working great and had me 100% clear but its about $250 a month and couldn't stay on it longer then about 4 months. The generic version won't work :(

ToZe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the comments guys, I'm gonna go buy some Accutane. yeah i've tried everything, including Proactiv which made my face so much worse
finally my dumb-ass pimples will be gone
but also, about the depression, is it very bad like the whole day people notice and ask you whats wrong, or could you still control it

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your acne doesnt really get worse in the beggining(for some).Mine I noticed no change for the first week on it.Maybe just a day or two it was more red than usual but nothing to worry about at all.

You will actually start noticing a slight change 3 weeks in so just a heads up incase your wondering when you will notice the effect

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting my 4th month on Accutane. While I have mild acne, I convinced my dermatologist to perscribe me some. It's $7 co-pay every month when I go to pick up my perscription (Gotta love health insurance). I've had the typical side effects. Dry eyes, Chapped lips, flushed appearance at times (especially after taking a hot shower), and depression (I feel so unmotivated to do anything). My dermatologist is working with me since I'm responding to the Accutane well (I haven't told her any of my depression side effects cuz I don't want her to take me off the tane). She just bumped me up to a 120mg/day dosage since I'm still breaking out a little after my 3rd month.

I believe it's all worth it. I've already got much clearer skin and the oiliness has stopped! I used to have so much oil on my skin that it would shine, but not anymore! The greasy feel is much worse than the feeling of dry skin which lotion fixes!

I would choose tane if I had to do it again. It'll all be worth it. It's a 6 month journey to clearer skin!