Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life (and women) is sailing.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I walked away from a gal a few days ago that I cared a lot for. To spare the details, I’m sure most of you would agree that I had to walk away on this one…yes, I know, I should have been spinning more plates. :) Regardless, I’ve been bummed since. Walking away is easier said, than done.

I’ve been thinking about something and wanted to share it.

One of the best experiences of my life has been when I was sailing my boat on the ocean, and I got her balanced. Basically, getting a sailboat balanced that means you have all the sails set perfectly for the conditions and course, and the boat is more or less sailing on course herself.

Getting a sailboat balanced is a great feeling, imagine relaxing a bit and seeing everything around you as it is. Hearing the gently flapping of the sails, or the water sliding down the hull of the boat as you rise and fall with the waves. Noticing that a pod of dolphins shows up, to jump, play around the boat, and say hello, or the whale in the distance displaying his fluke in the air as he dives for the deep. You are one with nature at that moment, truly alive. You are balanced. Everything is perfect. If you’ve ever experienced this, it’s something you will never forget.

Often times, it can be difficult balancing a sailboat, and when your attention is diverted by tending to the sails, the wind gusts too much, etc, it is easy to miss what’s going on around you. You don’t see the hazards in front of you, you miss that freak wave that sneaks up and shakes things up a bit. Or perhaps, a crewmember jumps onboard and changes your sails, without you noticing. You are less prepared to handle what’s in front of, or coming your way.

The more unbalanced a sailboat is, the less natural she feels, and more work is involved in keeping her on course towards your goals.

Your life is your sailboat, and you are the captain. Women may come and go on your boat and crew from time to time, however it’s your job, as captain, to make sure your sailboat stays on course….and that is life. Getting balanced. Seeing things for what they are. Spotting the hazards ahead, enjoying the pleasures that stop by to say hello, and experiencing life to the fullest. For when you are balanced, you will know it.

Gentlemen…balance your sailboat.

In my case, I realize now, I’ve not been balanced because a crewmember was keeping me off-course. It took walking way for me to see this. But I know, I can balance my sailboat, and I will again soon.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
The more unbalanced a sailboat is, the less natural she feels, and more work is involved in keeping her on course towards your goals.
When you are ready, you might want to share the details.

Secondly ,keep in mind that the "crew member" who was put ashore may try to rejoin the crew or try to sneak aboard when your attention is fixed on sailing that boat in a forward direction.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr positive, you have grown before our eyes and have written such a bible worthy thread here. you knocked this one out of the park man.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Post MR. POSITIVE.

...and just as importantly, the spirit of your post lives up to your screen-name!:up:

So PEACE to you, in a time of WAR, marine.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I'm weeping.

This is a wonderfully uplifting thread. A true sense of harmony flows through each sentence which definitely puts the wind back in my sail.

I'm leaving in a short while to go to Key West and dip my tootsies in the cool Gulf water and contemplate my place in this world.

Mr. Positive, this is just what I needed.

Thank you Brother.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo,

I wouldn't worry too much about that dream, Interrogation Officer IQQI.

You should only be concerned about a dream like that if you wake up in a cold sweat screaming:

"Hey----you sank my BATTLE SHIP!!!!"

...oops, I think I may have just really dated myself...:whistle:

Nevermind...carry on.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A remarkable metaphor and an inspirational post.
Mr P, you are my hero today.

The concept of "balance" was key for me. Life is smooth sailing indeed when all your resources are compatible and in alignment.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to post this Newsletter from Dr. Paul Dobransky because it reaffirmed my convictions, and spoke to me very deeply , to me personally at this time.and second, because of the reference to 'sailing' and life and accomplishments and disappointments looked upon as 'waves'.
Seeking balance and proper perspective is at the heart of things like Taoism.
Finding balance, the search for knowledge to set our course for that very elusive thing...happiness.

Anyway, because this newletter is so inspiring, motivating, and curiously related to Mr. Positive's "sailing" Post I thought I'd reprinmt it here.

Enjoy:

Waves of Momentum Always Move Your Boat by Dr. Paul Dobransky

Gentlemen,
We have a simple theme for the week: the momentum of waves.
Hold on! It sounds pretty science-y already. But it doesn’t have to be complicated.
I’m writing you from Beverly Hills tonight. A couple nights ago, I went over to the Beverly Hilton for the Golden Globes – and not surprising, nothing was going on with the writer’s strike on. In solidarity as a writer, I took Monday off from writing to you! Isn’t it terrible to miss the newsletter for a couple days? Support your local writers then and it won’t happen again, hahaha (evil laugh.)
Anyway, I also came to hang out by the ocean for the weekend instead of staying in Chicago for another frigid week. I’m here to work hard this week, but I assure you I’m going to play hard too. And on both counts, things are happening all in my favor.
It’s funny how one day you can be so cold… that even sitting on a stove top… with your hands in a toaster… and the shower turned so far into HOT that the nozzle breaks off… and you STILL need a parka…
…then the next day you can simply climb into a big metal tube called a plane, wait four hours, walk out of the tube and it’s warm, sunny, and everything is going your way.
What’s the difference between severe cold and perfect, room temperature warmth, between MISERY and ECSTASY?
A DECISION.
This is what the new 2nd Edition mindOS is all about. It is ready, and I can’t tell you how proud of it I am – especially the hundreds of new diagrams and animation in the DVDs. It blows away EVERYTHING I have done in association with any other author or guru on the topic of personal growth.
In it (and here) let’s get into a little more about decisions and what they mean to your life. In the mindOS system we find that what your life is really built of is DECISIONS.
When you make a decision, you are determining the immediate next direction of your life. If you add these up over a lifetime, THAT’S WHAT YOUR LIFE IS. It’s the sum total of every decision you have ever made.
I know a guy who’s often been down and out and for which you could say that he has a bunch of negative beliefs and blah blah blah…
…but if you really look at why he lost everything – the girl, the jobs, the money – yes, while he has negative beliefs about himself, what REALLY has gone on for this guy for YEARS is that he has consistently made bad DECISION after bad DECISION!
Beliefs matter, and make certain decisions EASY TO MAKE -and EMDR that I teach you about will fix those beliefs right up - but where the rubber REALLY meets the road is in your DECISIONS.
It doesn’t matter WHAT your beliefs are – negative or positive – if you have enough common sense to see what is clearly a negative decision from a positive one. Eventually your negative beliefs will change anyway with the new enjoyable results you’ll be seeing from the decisions you make. A new life.
Biologists actually have a definition of “life.” They say it is “irritable” – meaning the environment does “stuff” to a living thing, and if truly alive, it then does “stuff” back in RESPONSE, ON PURPOSE. Which implies a decision has been made.
Decisions are how you know you are alive.
When you don’t make them, you are a little bit dead through your own passiveness.
And when you do make them but don’t pay attention to the results they bring you, then you are headed toward being a little MORE dead by being destructive as a default.
Here’s what I mean. The guy above has for years had a way of justifying to himself that all these bad decisions he made with women, career, and money were always SOMEONE ELSE’S FAULT.
“Oh I didn’t get a fair deal,” he’d say. Or “Oh she was a monster,” or “That boss (or client) was an a-hole.”
Well, no.
It doesn’t matter what HE thought of the women, the bosses, clients, or the financial institutions. What matters is that HIS bad decisions or lack of them - socially and financially - were his own. Nobody else’s.
And so he built the kind of life he experiences today for no other reason that it is the sum total of all these decisions (or lack of them) that he has COLLECTED.
This is basically what “Karma” really is.
Okay. What does MOMENTUM have to do with any of this?
I thought you’d never ask.
MOMENTUM is none other than result of “collections of similar decisions.” In other words, momentum is HABIT.
If you have ever started an exercise routine you know what I mean.
You get started and it’s tough to motivate. You feel low energy, and it’s hard labor.
Yet if you get yourself there REGULARLY, and push through the difficulty, you start to find that it gets easier and easier.
Your progress accelerates.
Soon, being healthy and happy is actually EASY instead of heavy labor.
That’s all because you have unwittingly learned the power of how collections of similar decisions (HABITS) lead to the thrust of MOMENTUM.
When you see a freight train try to apply its brakes, it can take many hundreds of yards to finally slow to a stop. This deceleration can take so long because it has built up a huge amount of MOMENTUM forward.
Likewise, to get going in the first place, it takes a long time – and patience you might say – for the speed to get up to that 50 or 60 mph that it reaches when it’s cruising along.
NEGATIVE MOMENTUM in your life is hard to slow DOWN, like the freight train.
POSITIVE MOMENTUM in your life is hard to build up, like the working out.
What about those “waves” I was talking about?
Well, none of this stuff to do with being human works in a straight line. We are complicated creatures in a complicated world, so a true “quantum psychology” approach is necessary.
And I don’t mean in the woo woo way you see in a lot of pop psychology out there.
I mean it in the sense that we can aim our lives in a certain direction and be assured that we are going to have “bumps in the road,” or “cross currents” that work against our boat’s direction.
When you want to build momentum in your life through good habits they can be impossible to do EVERY day, EVERY hour. More realistically, you tend to apply them in WAVES. You get all psyched for a time at something healthy and new, like Yoga, a good diet, or (hint) great character instruction…
…but then you drop it for a time, or get bored, until the next fad comes along that’s similar, and you can get another little wave of excitement about your growth.
It’s okay. You’re human.
And you don’t need to fear you’ve lost MOMENTUM.
That’s good news for you.
I had a teleseminar tonight for the guys who got the Omega Male Seminar on 21 CDs and those who attended live seminars in the past few months. One of the topics was that of a few guys being “perfectionists” – folks who feel the need to ALWAYS be on top, ALWAYS be building momentum, every moment of every day.
It’s IMPOSSIBLE to do it THAT way.
But what they didn’t realize is that energy and the work of personal growth can come in PACKETS of energy, WAVES of improvement which if you ever studied a little physics in high school, reveal… that momentum is DURABLE.
At least for a time.
So don’t be a perfectionist. You CAN’T be perfect. It’s unrealistic.
But what IS real is that in the little fits and forward advances of personal growth you DO make, if they are periodic and consistently CONSTRUCTIVE, built on good habits instead of a track record of bad decisions, bad politics with others, boundariless money and romantic decisions…
Your life WILL get better even if it isn’t doing so in an EVERY moment of EVERY hour of EVERY day way.
Really.
It’s ALWAYS true.
And when you get caught in a wave of negativity here or there, a period of drought, or financial worry, or a lack of dates for a little while, or a time without as many friends as you are used to – the WASTELAND – you can be SURE that if you have done your best to GENERALLY make win/win decisions with others…
..the negative wave against you WILL pass, and you’ll be moving onward and upward eventually.
You’ll find your way out of the wasteland on the power of your firm and secure FAITH in yourself and the power of your constructive decisions with women, career, and money. It takes PATIENCE, MATURITY, and EXPERIENCE to accomplish this kind of masculine faith in one’s self. And of the three, there is no cure for the first except being PUT ON NOTICE that it’s how life works.
Consider yourself PUT ON NOTICE that you will not succeed at life without a cultivated PATIENCE ability.
If you’ve been sailing over as many oceans of challenge as me – and I’m sure many or most of you HAVE – you’ll one day roll your eyes at the negative waves that come your way…
…and smile in the sun when your big day of the success you’ve sought, finally arrives.
If you have questions on this or any of it strikes a chord, I can’t stress enough how intense, thorough and complete the new mindOS 2nd Edition DVDs are at explaining that. They are by far the LONGEST video program I have, at ELEVEN DVDs, and join the KWML Mastery and new 2nd Edition Mature Masculine Power DVDs in high quality production, with slides, clarity, and review of the processes that are going to change your life for the better, for GOOD.
See you tomorrow for Q & A, and thanks for the opportunity to do a two day writer’s strike of my own.

Dr Paul

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Positive Good Analogy!

Interceptor Good Read! I just want to add,

Your Thoughts lead to Decisions. Your Decisions lead to Action. Your Actions lead to Destiny

Decision without ACTION leads to STAGNATION

Here is a little riddle:

Six birds are sitting on a branch , two decide to fly away, how many are left?

Answer:
Six, just because two Decided to fly away doesn't mean they Acted on it.

ACTION!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. Interceptors' post is very important and that book is a great read so far.