Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think I'm falling for my best girl friend

Asdfghjklll

Banned
Reaction score
for the past 3 days i couldn't stop thinking about her. shes really hot, smart, funny, has a good personality. basically she's everything i could want in a girl. i've had a little crush on her for the past month but lately all i can think about is her. i'm scared that if it doesn't work out that our friendship will go down the drain. she's my best girl friend and im her best friend. i also broke up with my gf 2 weeks ago so idk if it's too early to make a move. pros? cons?

Asdfghjklll

Banned
Reaction score
u guys probably think i have oneitis or w/e u guys call it. i've known her since the 7th grade. we know each other's parents. our parents know each other. we're REALLY, REALLY CLOSE which is why im scared to make a move. i don't want to mess anything up. oneitis my @$$. i probably know her better than she knows herself and vice versa. has anyone ever been in a situation like this? help!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pros:

At this time you want a relationship with your best girl friend so it is the most honest course of action for you to take this route at some point in the near future rather than denying and repressing your feelings for a long time and then eventually blurting them out to her in a drunken stupor at 2am some night on the phone while wracked with oneitis embarassing yourself and fvcking up your chances.

You'll have no regrets with her to ask her out at the appropriate time for you emotionally. No regrets in the sense that you will have asked her out and in so doing find out exactly where you stand with her. You won't have to ask yourself what if in later years.

Cons:

Your relationship with another girlfriend has just ended so its best to give some time before starting up a new relationship as getting into a new one you can tend to be needy because of your loss of the last girl and thus drive the new girl away by not being her partner but rather someone she has to coddle and babysit.

You will most likely never be able to go back to being regular friends with this girl once you both have crossed the line with eachother and got intimate. Its just the way it works.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that if youre that close you can probably lead the conversation to "relationship" get a feel of it, if shes remotely interested youill find the cues there, if the cues are there.. game on

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe do some light kino and see how she reacts. If she reacts positively, ask her out. Otherwise, find some other chick to help cure your desperation

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about this... When you date a girl you either get married or you break up. So how old are you? If you choose to date her you will either end up marrying her or end up ruining her friendship. Think about that. Is that what you want?

Attraction is hormonal and fleeting. It is based on looks and perception. Friendship however, true friendship, is rare and special. Can you share both with this girl? By the sound of it there is a big change you are 'just friends' however when people like this get together (which does happen sometimes) it usually results in the best resaltionships.

Just think about what I said earlier.

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Answers in bold

Pook said:
Lesson Fourteen

The young man had one problem left. He would be very successful with women, from one night stands, from casual dating, from relationships, and so on. Yet, every now and then, he got that feeling of something BURSTING through his chest like a creature popping out from Alien.

The woman would talk to him, “Blah blah blah.” He felt it inside, a very sweet but gooeish feeling. She would go on, “Blah yappity blah blah” and he felt the sickly warm feeling spread throughout his body. What was happening to him? “Yappity yap blah blah, yapitty, blah yap!” the girl continued as he felt the FEELINGS spread throughout his body, paralyzing him, like a poison. “Yah blah blah yah,” she went on, oblivious as he was collapsing from this sickness.

The next day, he had this OVERWHELIMG urge to send her flowers, chocolate, and bad poetry. It was too much, and he gave in, and saying, “You are my life. I love nothing else so well as you. I will do ANYTHING for you.”

Then she said, “I think we should just be friends…”

Oh, that AFC disease rose up again in him! How does one smash it forever? He smiled, and realized:

Always have a back-up chick!

“But Pook! Perhaps this guy was falling in love!”

“No. It was a False Love. Come and see.”

Pook led the youth inside Every Man’s Heart. Inside the cavernous room, each surrounding wall depicted television screens with a graphic.

“What is this place?”

“Every guy has a passion about different things. On that wall is his ‘car’ passion. We see many screens of different cars, all ones he loves. On that other wall there is his ‘food’ passion. We see screens of all his favorite foods. And if you come along here, you’ll find the Ambition Wall where screens show all the things he wants to do. Now look at the Women Wall.”

“Pook! There is only one picture on it!”

“Yes. Nature has designed us to love in a marriage way when there is only one picture on that wall.”

“I can understand that. But where is the problem?”

“The problem is that he is not married or engaged to her! So he is acting married to her when really they are ‘dating’ or ‘just friends’.”

“Oh dear…”

“Yes. When a guy decides to go dating and dates only ONE chick at a time, only one picture will appear on the wall. When there is only one, he is designed to think of her in a marriage way. So he starts becoming AFC with this girl he just talked to.”

“So say if a guy is socially unskilled and has only one friend that is a girl, only that girl’s picture will appear on the wall? And because of that, he will ‘fall in love’ with his friend?”

“Exactly! If there is only one f*ckbuddy, he will eventually want to ‘date’ the girl, want to become exclusive with her, and turn into a total AFC.”

“But if he has a back-up chick…”

“…then another girl is on the wall as well. He can’t act ‘married’ if there is more than one girl up there. Thus, he stops becoming a ‘latent AFC’.”

“But what if he has his interest in other things? Shouldn’t he date only one girl then?”

“No. Either go for MANY or go for NONE. If you go for ONE you will become an AFC. Most guys are too LAZY or too SCARED to go for multiple girls. So they remain AFCs and forever remain in the vicious cycle.”

.smooth.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever heard of friends with benefits?

People seem to NEVER put this amazing relationship to it's full use.
So your friends... Fine!
Start doing semi-romantic sh!t, hold eye contact... for a little too long, touch her when ever it's comfortable too, wink at her etc.
Then when the time is right, ie watching a movie together, and she's laying on you, or at a party and your dancing together and what not, go in for the kiss, it will be relaxed, it will be fun for both of you!

a girl who is also your friend, is a totally untapped resourse.
Female friend = Friend with Benefits

Asdfghjklll

Banned
Reaction score
found out today that she likes me. i didn't tell her how i felt yet. she just came outta nowhere and told me that she's liked me for awhile now. all i could say was idk if it would work out cuz we're such close friends and i told her i didn't want to ruin our friendship. WHY THE HELL DID I SAY THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? is it too late for me to do something about it? how can i tell her i was lyin, that i like her to?

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude shes might be cryoing over you right now.. or not.. however thats no biggie, if you like her go for it, keep in mind it miight become impossible for you to be friends again afterawrds, I had thing goign with a good female friend of mine and we pretty much just had massive crushes on eachother, long story short it had to end and right now were nowhere as close as we were