Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life without any desire.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you ever think how great life would be if we had no desires, especially sex with attractive women.

I.E...............

No desires for sex with attractive women, no desire for money, no desire to eat great foods.

Yeah, life might be quite boring, but think about it.

I think it is great sometimes once you "bust a nut" that sex with attractive women is the furthest thing from your mind and at the moment (and the next half-hour afterwards..lol) it is actually the least of your desires with anything.

Sometimes I wish that feeling could last all day, even weeks. Ah, how much better life would be.

D!ck Ramsey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zen masters would probably agree with you. With desire, suffering and disappointment are inevitable. It's a bit of a catch 22 though...isn't desiring to be desireless still a desire? ;)

DogFashionDisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

Everytime I crank one out, the feeling I get afterwards is amazing. No more titties and asses, no more distractions. Just you and the world. For 30 minutes.

But to desire is to be human. The great thing about it, is the feeling you get once you achieve it. The feeling of accomplishment (or relief).

The only thing I'd want to be is asexual.

Damn this penis of mine!

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd feel lost if I didn't have desires.

Though, I'd probably just smoke weed, eat pizza and waste people on Xbox Live

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be at true peace within yourself and the world around you and being able to have a few or many moments freed from desire is true enlightenment.

Such moments have been the happiest of my life.

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
all of the losers come out and support each other for never having sex with women

good god, is THIS sosuave????

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
remotecontrol said:
To have no desires is what zen buddhism aims for, so your not the first person to believe that this is the way to go. The buddha taught that all desires cause pain because what we desire dies or leaves us, this is true always. Many people believe to be truly at peace you need to live without desires. Buddhism states that this is the way to reach ultimate bliss, the heaven like state of nirvana. Apparently buddhist monks have had their brains scanned in an experiment and their brains supposedly have a much larger section which is devoted to the feeling of happiness, so according to science monks are much happier than ordinary people. As you know monks lead a very simple life without sex.
I remember some of this from my Chinese Cultural History class in college and from reading the book Siddhartha.

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is possible to remove negative desire from your life. When Buddha said you should remove desire, he did not mean that you can't want anything. Desire itself is not the problem, it becomes a problem when you allow attachment to come with it. WANTING is ok, NEEDING is not. For instance, with this state of mind, you could go out and buy a Ferarri if that's what you wanted, but if you were to crash it or have it stolen then you would not be angry or sad because you are not attached to it. ALL negative emotions come from attachment.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm yeah Epic is right. Why not desire women? Are you gay? Do you even have a fvcking pen1s?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think post sex bliss has little to do with eliminating desire. I don't particular believe budhist appeear very happy, successful or industrious. I agree with Epic. Eliminating desire doesn't mean never wanting anything and becoming stoic and complacent.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to temporarily remove my desire for women. I obviously can't get a woman now because there are other things in my life that are brining me down that are more important than women. I don't need the added depression that the lack of a female brings. If I could just turn off my sex drive for two months (or how ever long it takes till I get my act together) and not worry about women I would be so much happier. And once I get my own place and I'm doing good in school I'll turn my sex drive back on because I'll have a much higher chance of attracting women.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice remotecontrol, but I don't think I'm suffering from a high sex drive. I think I'm stuck wanting the company of a woman. Of course I want to have sex with them, but right now the most important thing to me is spending time with them, doing anything.

Thats probably just the natural human desire for company.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its impossible to have no desires because you live in a physical body that requires a lot of things - food, water, exercise, sexual release, etc. - you will desire these things.

but that doesn't mean you can't have moments of having no desires. this is what meditation is all about. this is also why some people love jogging / running - because you get a similar meditative state where you aren't thinking.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just bust a nut all day long, therefore eliminating sexual desire? Oh that's right, it's our sex nature that gives us motivation and drive. The saying goes that if you castrated a fully grown bull, it would become as docile as it's female counterpart, the cow. All drive and motivation and fight would be lost.

I can understand and appreciate the teachings in certain Buddhist doctrines, while at the same time, I also believe that to have desire, and to utilize that innate desire (sex desire to be exact), and to channel it in a way that serves the bigger society as a whole, this too, has great potential to create superior happiness and joy and pleasure. Because, in utilizing one's sexual desires, and to channel it toward the better good, one is not just satisfying his need to procreate/recreate/teach/disciple/produce, but he/she can see the fruits of his teachings and actions recreated in others.

To me at least, it's not a matter of whether or not you have desire, but, ultimately, what are you as an individual using that desire for? To mastur-bate (self-pleasure), or to re-create (greater good)?

The book Think and Grow Rich has a great perspective on all this and the purpose and usage of sexual desire, more specifically, he called it "Sex Transmutation". Really good read, highly recommended. :up:

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desire can be channelled into concrete action towards your goals. If you have no desire why even get out of bed in the morning? Although I agree that the Buddhist mindset has its merits and philosophies, I studied world religions extensively in college. But its hard to practically apply having no desire in reality. Desire is what drives the capitalist machine that is the United States of America. Desire is what got us to the moon, and what has landed many daring guys a phone # all the way up to marriage. Desire is important for what we're trying to do. But it has to be tempered.

robstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
I believe the central teaching of Buddhism to eliminate all desire from your life.

When you eliminate desire, you are happy.
You're kinda right, but the teaching is to eliminate attachment, not desire.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a cop out. To be alive is to have desire. The problem is being controlled by your desires to an ... ahem ... undesirable degree.

Robstar's right that the idea's non-attachment, but even that is only in the sense of having an awareness and acceptance of the non-permanance of everything.