Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The reason why true men are becoming more rare

Reaction score
The other night I happened to read these 3 quotes:
A steady sea never made a great sailor”
“We have no great war, no great depression
”- by pook
“Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him”

And my mind started to understand something that is wrong with our society, the cause off the pussification of men in western civilization.

We live at a very bad age for men, there is no higher purpose that would make men face the hardships and fail or achieve glory. Because only through pain and failure can true men be made. Our lives have become so comfortable in our risk-free lives that it almost becomes impossible for the development of a true man.

I am also still seeking my higher purpose. And sometimes I wish not for success… but for more challenges, hardships and failure because I too want to grow and become a true man.

Why do we keep inventing new things to make our lives easier and easier? Isn’t the point of these inventions to help us to have more free time? Well I guess something has gone wrong here, since the life tempo in the western countries keeps speeding and speeding up.

We all get so sucked in into our little problems and worries that we fail to notice that all this **** basically looses its meaning with a single glance at the stars on a clear night.

Promise me tomorrow that you will wake up 30 minutes earlier… and follow through the whole day as you were living in the 19th century… or like in a not so highly developed country. Breathe deep and you will start to notice things that you never saw before although you have taken the same route to school or work for years, hell perhaps decades. This fast lifestyle is killing us as spiritual beings.

In old eastern religions they taught people to live in the present, nowadays we are taught to live in the future and keep going faster and faster without recognizing what we already have.
You need to find that balance because in our world living only the present moment will kill you financially and you will be basically over-run by your competitors…yes it is a competitive society we are living in.

You should make most of your time given here on this planet, but you should also respect god for the gift of life that you have received and try to enjoy it. Because the lower we set the tempo the more will we be able to appreciate the world around us.

God has a purpose for everything and if you still do not believe it, then ask yourself, would you be here if you got the girl you wanted? When I started this journey I constantly wished that I had born a natural. But it is now that I realize that gods plan always works. By letting us fail is gods’ way of saying that we are off track and giving us an opportunity to learn from our mistakes.
The moment we fail, new doors open to us and if we are not able to let go and learn from the lessons that we have been given then we won’t be able to see these opportunities either.

For me this forum stopped being about girls a long time ago. It led me to search my higher self, spiritual growth and re-examine my whole life and dreams. The day I failed to get the girl I wanted was the day I was re-born and dam am I thankful for that. It opened my eyes for a whole other world and opportunities out there.

One needs to die while being alive to appreciate the gift that he has been given.”

The question then arises, whether we should find ourselves or invent ourselves?
I believe nature has already given us all the tools we need as a man, but we must discover that man inside. But try to find & develop yourself spiritually and you will start to believe that there is a higher intelligence out there and if you manage to re-create that connection everything just falls into place. (I will talk about these experiences in some other post). But I’m telling you something up there knows what’s best for us, have faith in it.
And remember it is not whether you can fulfill your goals or not but what that journey towards the goals shapes out of you as a man.

You have been given a gift of life, why throw it all away?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I think the second quote, Pook stole from Chuck Palahniuk. (Fight Club)

I think what you're saying is at the heart of modern philosophy and spirituality (i.e. Zen, etc). It's very, VERY hard to reconcile your future desires with your appreciation of the present...at least for me it is. When I focus on the present, I notice that I'm NOT where I want to be in the future, and I DON'T immediately see a way to get there fast. And it drags down my self-worth. In essence, I don't feel that I appreciate myself as I am and what I've become, which makes it hard to focus on taking the steps necessary to attain those goals. However, when I focus in the present and lose sight of the future, I feel like I'm being lazy and unattentive to those goals and not making any progress.

It's a very confusing, sometimes depressing, dichotomy, trying to own your desires without letting them own you.

I'm interested in finding out how people who DO "succeed" in life do it, but it seems like often they don't even know themselves. These are the people who say, "just be yourself" because it legitimately works for them. There has to be a better way to strip off all the BS that cakes up in the head over time and get back to what it means to be alive.

DJsomeday

Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome post, you remind me a bit of Mr.Fingers, i think i've seen 2 or more posts from you that are worth more than your average post, keep it going that way man!.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just another newb?? said:
I am also still seeking my higher purpose. And sometimes I wish not for success… but for more challenges, hardships and failure because I too want to grow and become a true man.
I'm not the only one that wishes for failure? I always wish to live with gusto, but everything is always the same. Nothing pushes me, although it is fun, it just doesn't push me over the edge.

I need to be pushed and I think this upcoming year that I will bike from Millersville, PA to Cratar Lake, Oregon then to San Francisco Bay, CA for charity. I just need something to push me far beyond my limits.

comic_relief

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Henry David Thoreau realized this a long time ago... in Walden he said something mentioning how we no longer have philosophers...we have philosophy professors, but no philosophers. It is noble to profess, as it was once noble to DO. Ever wonder why we have no more Da Vincis, Machiavellis, or Aristotles? Nobody thinks for themselves anymore, they simply follow the mold that society has said they have to fit into. Fvck that. :nono:

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're wrong Moose. We have had several great scientists and artists in our time.

Anyways I love life's challenges. It always a immeasurable feeling when you reach a goal that you weren't sure you could attain.

dav22

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's weird, i was just watching fight club. I'm in a state of deep thought right now, good post.

Watch fight club, it goes well.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
SickAgain said:
I think you're wrong Moose. We have had several great scientists and artists in our time.

Anyways I love life's challenges. It always a immeasurable feeling when you reach a goal that you weren't sure you could attain.
I'll give you that, we've had great scientists and artists, but no great philosophers or revolutionary thinkers. I think maybe Dr. King was one of the last... hopefully somebody will emerge in the near future to break this stagnation of thought.