Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jena 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what are your thoughts on this?

Being a black person in america... I can tell you I hate being profiled.. it happens. make no mistake about it.

but what I hate even more than that is when black people "cry wolf".

Every once of us, black, white, hispanic, asian, have been in a position where we could have gotten into a fight over one reason or another, and THOUGHT BETTER OF IT BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES.

When you "hit someone", unless in self defense of course.... and I mean true self defense, the results are out of your hands that what happens to you. I don't care how many times someone calls you out of your name.. it's not worth going to jail over. Same with hitting a woman or antyhing like that. it's just not.

The main one that everyone is harping over the one that got denied bail a week ago, he has people coming in from all across teh country, "because he's black".. well.. the kid has a record longer than the declaration of independance. Including punching a girl in the face and another battery charge.

At some point, you have to learn to take responsibility for your actions.

Now.. could the kid have gotten a farier trail? Hell yes. an all white jury.. I dont' know how an attorney let that slide in a town in Louisiana anyway.

but still. At some point.. the law of attraction comes into play. you keep punching girls in the faces and beating eveyrone up, stumping on people wtih football klets, and this is the **** that hpapens to you. you get locked up. there is nothing racist about locking a repeat offender up for repeat crimes.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed backbreaker.

In the year 2007 there should be fair treatment legally across the board no matter what color a person is.

If you do the crime do the time.

"At some point, you have to learn to take responsibility for your actions."

I love the movie 187 so much heh and this is almost a direct quote of what Samuel L. Jackson's character said in it which is another thing I agree with.

People need to be made accountable when they break the law or do something else incredibly wrong.

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well it isn't the first time that a black person has been overcharged for something. I mean, it's going to continue to happen... We will continue to be profiled, overcharged, murdered, framed, etc... you name it. We are not the majority in the states, the only people with power are white males and black females... That's why a good solution is to leave the US... I heard Europe is pretty nice....

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charging someone with attempted murder from a fist fight? If that was the norm, we'd all be in prison. Who here hasn't kicked someone's ass before at school or in the street? And the Jury considering his sneakers to be a deadly weapon? That's some bull**** if I've ever heard it. Then that white kid produced a shotgun at one of the Jena 6 in a previous encounter and got charged with nothing, the black kids snatch the gun from him and they get charged with theft??? WTF is that?

Now I have no doubt that these students are a bunch of a--holes that probably grew up with no daddies and need their dumb asses beat down, but this was clearly an unfair trial, and given that it's deep in a small town in Louisiana where racial tensions are high anyway, it's not surprising that people suspect racism.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the overcharged part of the equation. Trust me, lol, I get it. a couple of things

first of all... this kid is a 220 pound 6'1 football player with about 8% percent of body fat. he is bigger than most people here. That is the kid who beat the guy up.

It's like saying if Mike Tyson and you got into a fight outside a club, is it just a "fight"

attempted murder is too much and that's uncalled for. But I have to ask, even moreso than that.. how can I feel bad for someone who has a rap sheet so long you have to turn the page? I just can't.. regardless of his color

the first time you get arrested should be a wake up call to get yoru **** together.> iget that

but if you punch a woman in the face, get out or get off, and than go out and beat up a guy, unless he had a knife to your thoat, I dont' give a damn. you are a dumbass.

Someone should have sat him down and told him he was oging to e a target. a la pacman jones. people are not going to like you because you have the skills to get out of here (not only that.. eh was the best football prospect Jena had seen in years, high level D1 prospect.. LSU/Alabama esque football prospect)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this kid shouldnt' spend the rest of his life in jail.. but he needs some type of reabilitation and a damn wakeup call. he has squandered loads of potential.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was the kid who got beat up the same one who was hanging the nooses in the school yard? If so, he's a dumb sh!t who deserves getting his ass beat.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was either him or one of his friends.... but the white kid that got beat up called him the N word in the Cafeteria and that is what I read sparked the fight outside.

Regardless of "he deserves to get his ass beat"... all the black people here can tell you as can i... you just "know better". there are some things you don't do even though you want to. Getting in a fight with a white kid in one of the most redneck cities in america is just idotic. you can't expect to get treated clearly.

don't get me wrong.. all cops aren't bad.. I"ve been pulled over with open containers in my car and let off because well.. I wasn't drunk and I know how to talk and say yes sire and no sir. I've beeen pulled over going 100 on a 60 before drunk as I dont' know what and let off because I was "on my way home to play for the church in the morning" (i was on my way to the strip club)...
but still.. even if I wouldn't have gotten off. whatever the results in thoose situations I got because I fuvcked up. I know better than to drive drunk. I know better than to drink while driving. And I didn'te ven boyther to pour the drink in a cup.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the white kid that got beat up called him the N word in the Cafeteria and that is what I read sparked the fight outside.

Regardless of "he deserves to get his ass beat"... all the black people here can tell you as can i... you just "know better".

All the white people here can tell you that we just 'know better' in that regard as well.

Maybe this case is about more than a sneaker being a deadly weapon. Maybe the real issue is whether the white kid got what he deserved. I think most of the country would agree that he did, but things are different in Louisiana.

chevelle

Don Juan
Reaction score
The media isn't reporting the whole story. And unless you know the laws to that particular state, it's hard to say whether or not the Jena 6 were charged accordingly.

Myth: Black student asked principal if he could sit under 'White' tree

Truth: Black student JOCULARLY (jokingly) asked the principal if he could sit under the tree (the word white was not mentioned)

Myth: Nooses were hung in response to black students sitting under tree

Truth: Nooses were hung because of pep rally for an upcoming game against the cowboys along with signs saying 'hang'em high', 'Hang dem cowboys' and the like. Also BOTH blacks and whites were putting thier heads through the nooses in a joking manner

Myth: the DA was stictly refering to the blacks with his 'I could end your lifes with a stroke of a pen' statement

Truth: he was addressing EVERYONE who was cutting up, and being immatture (he was rather irritated no one was listening to him/taking him seriously) ; whites and blacks

Myth: a white guy beat up a black guy for trying to enter his all-white party

Truth: There were white and blacks at this INVITATION ONLY party; the one trying to enter where there trying to cause trouble.

Myth: A white man pulled a shotgun on a group of blacks, just because of thier color

Truth: The white man feared for his life being approuched by 3 black students trying to start a fight. So he ran to his truck because he was outnumbered

Myth: The white boy (Justin Baker) said something racial to deserve the beating he got

Truth: Justin was standing up for some of his friends, who were being harassed by the Jena Six

Myth: Justin was well enough to attend a social function (most interpet this as a party)

Truth: Justin attended a RING ceremony, something he's been waiting YEARS for. He was in excruciating pain, and left right after he got his ring.

Myth: The Jena six were 'Good ole boys'.. they were All-Star athletes.. etc..

Truth: while they were All Star athletes, yes..BUT most had prior convictions. Mychal Bell had 4 prior convictions AND was on probation at the time he helped beat up Justin Baker.

Myth: there was a racist ALL white jury

Truth: The jury was all white because the blacks that got a jury summons DIDN'T appear for jury duty..

THIS IS COMPILED FROM SOURCES LIVING IN JENA

The Jena 6 are being represented for free, yet people are sending them money. Here is one of the Jena 6, portraying himself as a fool, with donations he received (these pictures were taken from his mysace).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8014636234721194518&pr=goog-sl

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unless your sources are the police, your "truth" is just as myth is what you are listing as "myth" is it not?

What white person in the community if the town is as racist as they say isn't going to stick up for the guy?

I've been reading about this for a while... and alot of that I haven't seen one mention of. Not a one. I seriously doubt that Al Sharpton and Jessie jackson would be wasting their time if the muses on the tree were for the "cowboys"..yeah.. that's the ticket.. cowboys

I'm not defending the guy bcuase he did have a rap sheet and he should have known better

but I find it funny how that entire post made it like the guy just went around like a "cocaine crazed black man" looking to beat up the nearest white person available. that's the same racist **** that used to happen 100 years ago.. actually that's the reason cocaine got banned in the first place, white people were afraid that black people would use cocaine and rape their white women.

The guy played on a football team with a bunch of white people. his coach was white. I doubt he had that big a vendetta against white people where he just said "you know what.. today's agood day to eat the living **** out of the nearest white person I see!". uh..no.

This is how it went down.. use common sense... the white person probably did say something out of context tot he guy, he lost it and beat the snot out of him. plain and simple. Because he never threw a punch, he didn't have to explain why he as fighting, just what went down. Even if he did say anything wrong, talking is not illegal, but the whole "cowboy story" give me a freakin break.

I dont' think it's THAT bad of a town. I really don't. I grew up in arkansas and while there were some parts of town you stayed out of if you were black, 99% of the time you didn't have problems..

But to say that the "innocent white guy who did nothing wrong to deserve this" is crazy as well

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i were a black man, I would learn to think and believe that I have as much opportunity as anyone to be as successful and powerful as I wanted to be. I would probably cringe at and look down on people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who seem to be caught in a 1950 time warp, especially when they use inclusive terms like "we" that would group me (as a hypothetical black man) with them.

Nothing about life is fair. The powerful assess their situation and make smart decisions accordingly. "Color/race" isn't going to prevent any man or woman from becoming both great and powerful in the USA. And if that doesn't happen, only the person has himself or herself to blame. That includes any of the "Jena 6".

Black people would do themselves a favor to listen more to people like Bill Cosby.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
Blacks are racist!

Here you are backbracker. Associating beating a white student with like beating a woman. Not in that way of course, but we know what you doing.

Whatever.

Those black students beat up a white kid. Let's take away the color of skin. Those students beat up a kid. Now the whole fvcking country is trying to "safe" the offenders.

Would it be funny if some white kids beat up a black kid. Then we'd have rallies of white folks defending the white kids???

I think not. Because that be racist right? More than likely there will be rallies of blacks demanding the white kids be arrested and sentenced to death.

I live in this rich white neighborhood. Plenty of jews, and whites, and Hispanics. Crime rate in here is very very low. I could leave my bike outside a store unlocked and it won't get stolen. I could walk alone at night in dark alley without being robbed.

Next to this city is a black city. I'm afraid of driving through there with my windows up and doors locked. That's where the murders happen. That's where side walks are dirty. That's where the crazy people are.

What gives? Who's fault is this?

White people are at fault because they have a good city?

or

Black people are at fault because they are, well, black or whatever?

Let me state facts here. Not to be racist and stuff, I don't want to hang out or associate myself with blacks. Nor drive through their crappy black city. You can't trust black people.

Am I being racist?

Well. If I don't want to fvck a very fat chick. Am I being shallow?

Let them live. But let them live somewhere else. Where they can be them selfs. Because for them to live around me they have to bring them selfs up. Start respecting them selfs. Abandon their black ways, and adopt my white ways. (not my white skin, BTW)...

Otherwise?

I'd have to adopt their black ways, and move in to ghetto and live like a white African American. Get my a55 on welfare, get a county job, and whatever else black people do.

You see. Equality is hard to achieve. Something or someone has to give way. I don't see it be me or white people.

Fastest thing to equalizing the black vs white thing in this country, making everyone equal is to offer a class in high school to black students, on how to be white. Alternatively you could call it how to abandon your black ghetto ways and respect your selfs - so you could fit into and be accepted by the white society, be successful for a change.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF?

did you even read my post?

lol,I AM MORE ON YOUR SIDE THAN HIS!!

my whole point is that he shoudln't be crying the race card because he beat the crap out of a GUY, and his rap sheet is 6 pages long.

if you are going to throw someone under the bus, at least know what the bus looks like first.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i were a black man, I would learn to think and believe that I have as much opportunity as anyone to be as successful and powerful as I wanted to be.
I do. and I am.

I would probably cringe at and look down on people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who seem to be caught in a 1950 time warp, especially when they use inclusive terms like "we" that would group me (as a hypothetical black man) with them.
I do. I have a little more respect for Al Sharpton than jessie Jackson... a tad bit more, but both of them I coudl care less about.

this country isn't going to move forward until you stop making everything a race thing.

People ask me how I bang so many white women.. which is probably my race of prefence to e honest.. my GF is white.. I dont' make it an issue. my GF, we've beendating now.. what...i've been f'n her for a half a year and the color of my skin hasn't come up once besides "that shirt matches your skin tone very well"

everytime I see Al Sharpton out I want to crawl under a damn rock.

There are so many successful african americans out there, yet all they do is go out and talk about how things aren't equal.. again it's the power of attraciton... if you think things aren't going to be equal, odds are they aren't.

Nothing about life is fair.
Exactly.. my point is, even though he got cahraged with what he got charged with.t .hat's freakin life. you sohuldn't have have a rap sheet that's so long and go around slapping women and stumping holes in people.

life can be as ****ed up as you make it.

Black people would do themselves a favor to listen more to people like Bill Cosby.
I don't like being seen as a black person. I like being seen as a person. nothing peeves me off more than some old black guy coming up to me and saying "look at this young brother blah blah blah".. because well.. what if I was white I can't set the same example? If I was white the fact that I worked hard and set goals doesn't matter anymore? I'm not successful because I'm black. I'm a successful person who happens to be african american. there is a big difference.

I've been called every damn uncle in the book because I can put a sentence together, I don't live in "the hood", I tuck my shirt in, I like dressing up and I don't curse every other sentence. I'm just being who I am. It's like black people keep black people down more than white people keep white people down. It's like when some black guy looks at a woman I'm with and says "aw why you gotta be f'n her".. mother**** er look!! she's hot!! that's why.

I say it all the time.. I don't make race an issue. to me it's really not. the only time it's an issue is when you make it an issue. 2 of my better assocaites are Arabs. I've dated whites, blacks, hispanics, italians, english (my current GF), you name it.

In an age where I can talk to someone that lives in Korea like I'm talking to someone across the street, some people are as closed minded as the neighorbhood they live in. they think the world is just as small.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok Backbreaker; you're thinking the way I believe I would if i were you.

Just googled this real quick to find some Bill Cosby clips on the race/black issue. This guy is who should be put on the podium:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=/SpecialReports/archive/200407/SPE20040702a.html

Funny how Jesse tries to associate with Bill, but Jesse is a goofy, dillusional, crazy man if you ask me. Has SNL spoofed JJ lately, or is it just too risky to do that these days?

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
Ok ok.. I did not read your post! But the idea.

You know, there is a class in high school that teaches black kids how to be white. It's called high school. But instead of this race mingling, white kids come to school hating black kids, because their parents dislike blacks - because of what I said before or something similar. So white kids dislike black kids.

Because being black is like the worst thing you could possibly be. But not in those words of course.

Then it could go the other way around. White kids learn to be black. That's scary.

If I ever have a kid, I would not want him to go into public school. Something private, with a lot of white kids, and maybe some black kids who are ok.

You see. Black vs white is a vicious cycle. It stops when all black people are ok.

It could go the other way too. In terms of black people's perspective. In case it's different. When all white people are ok - and black.

But this will always continue otherwise, because whites and blacks are not the same. It's not racist, it's social. Whites could act like blacks, blacks could act like whites. You see it's not skin color, it's something else. I call it self respect. While you might find rather rude. Self respect.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuntmann said:
Let me state facts here. Not to be racist and stuff, I don't want to hang out or associate myself with blacks. Nor drive through their crappy black city. You can't trust black people.

Am I being racist?
Yeah, that pretty much defines "racist."

How you can be racist and live in Miami is beyond me. I didn't know there were white people left there. What about all of the Caribbean-native black people in Miami? Do you differentiate between them and American blacks? Have you ever travelled outside this country?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
Regardless of "he deserves to get his ass beat"... all the black people here can tell you as can i... you just "know better". there are some things you don't do even though you want to. .
backbreaker said:
don't get me wrong.. all cops aren't bad.. I"ve been pulled over with open containers in my car and let off because well.. I wasn't drunk and I know how to talk and say yes sire and no sir. I've beeen pulled over going 100 on a 60 before drunk as I dont' know what and let off because I was "on my way home to play for the church in the morning" (i was on my way to the strip club)...
but still.. even if I wouldn't have gotten off. whatever the results in thoose situations I got because I fuvcked up. I know better than to drive drunk. I know better than to drink while driving. And I didn'te ven boyther to pour the drink in a cup.
"Rodney King wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked if he had followed a few simple tips:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCCjFbFXn8

Status
Not open for further replies.