Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mature men TRYING to look "cool" - pathetic

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed a trend lately. That is men in their late 40s all the way to their 60s wearing earrings. I’m not talking men that look cool like Johnny Depp or Samuel L. Jackson or Sean Connery. I am talking about average to below average suburban looking men that don’t know how to dress (many even have gray hair as an illustration of how old they are) and are the typical looking soccer suburban dads.

Do they realize how ridiculous that diamond earring look on them? Do they realize they don’t look cool or like a “bad boy”? Do they realize that they are becoming an embarrassment to their age group?

AFCsism is now reaching men in their 50s and 60s. But then again…it started there…in the 1960s. When the teens and young adults started the AFC movement. They are now in their 50s and 60s.

Sad.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gee dude I thought better of you until this post. You sound like an ol' fat housewife jealous of her ex-husband living his life the way he wants instead of him listening to what social norms tell each of us how we should present ourselves to others.

I wear my hair silver gray call it what you will about 80% coverage and I don't give a babies booger what this projects to immature sh*ts in my communitity but to me it speaks volumn in being masculine, mature and a man whose paving his own road in life and AS and if I decide to get an earring I'll make dam sure it's pretty and sparkles ;) and attracts the girls.

Further you mention they even have gray hair as an illustration of how old they are... you stupid baby boy stuck sucking your momma tits hasn't life told you that gray hair has nothing to do with aging but is genetic? This was even mentioned on 20/20 last week and has nothing to with aging.

A better indicator of aging is no muscle tone whatsoever on the body looks haggard has dull skin lots of wrinkles and dyes his freaking hair to dark and looks like a old poot trying to look younger but actually looks like a clown and has no sense of style not because of gray hair dude.

The last years American Idol winner was what 28? And grayer than me at 48 and bet your one who loves the marketing bullsh*t of the Just For Men hair coloring commericals what a joke these AFC's project.

So open your ears... labeling someone who is gray or silver headed as old is stupid and immature and someone who hasn't been living long enough to know any better and is a perfect example of an AFC and your what 39.

Also, you mention actors as your examples of what is cool that's AFC to the max. A better example would be someone like Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse and The Road Runner now your talking those dudes are bad to the bone and have been around longer than dirt and don't give a dirty diaper if people hate them or don't. Hell I find Charlie Brown to be a cool dude I love the Halloween special can't wait until october.

Actually, I would have gave an example of our war hero's as what is a cool example. Those who have fought for our freedoms to even post our opinion here and to be able to dress and do as we please as long as it's not breaking a capital law. Then you have entered manhood.

AFC my muscular butt. Those 40's 50's and 60's years olds you speak could properly curl your ass with one arm while screwing your girlfriend while taking a nap.

LoneSilver ;)

Latinoman said:
I have noticed a trend lately. That is men in their late 40s all the way to their 60s wearing earrings. I’m not talking men that look cool like Johnny Depp or Samuel L. Jackson or Sean Connery. I am talking about average to below average suburban looking men that don’t know how to dress (many even have gray hair as an illustration of how old they are) and are the typical looking soccer suburban dads.

Do they realize how ridiculous that diamond earring look on them? Do they realize they don’t look cool or like a “bad boy”? Do they realize that they are becoming an embarrassment to their age group?

AFCsism is now reaching men in their 50s and 60s. But then again…it started there…in the 1960s. When the teens and young adults started the AFC movement. They are now in their 50s and 60s.

Sad.

Latinoman said:

Sad.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You misread my post.

The Gray Hair is cool. I simply mentioned to illustrate that many of them (in their 50s and 60s) had the HUGE (P. Diddy type) diamond earring...

And literally all of them were white and overweight (skinny fat - skinny arms and legs but huge belly)

They did NOT look cool.

It is the equivalent of overweight/soft/geeks wearing a bunch of tattoos pretending to look like bad boys.

Some looks simply do NOT work with everyone. A man cannot try to look hipster or "bad boy" if he truly lacks the characteristics that can make him look hipster or "bad boy".

That's my point.

Gray hair part was just a descriptor. Nothing wrong with gray hair.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, you mention actors as your examples of what is cool that's AFC to the max.
Who should I use as an example to illustrate a LOOK?

Somebody that NO ONE in here have seen (e.g. my father or my co-worker or myself)...or somebody that EVERYBODY in here have seen?

That's the sole purpose of using actors or characters or athlets as examples to describe a look.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK it's cool... I know the types you speak and I agree they look like clowns and wonder if they really know how they look to others but they have the right to look like sh*t if they choose but maybe in time they will realize that they just don't vibe the youthful look anymore and give it up.

:up:

LoneSilver

Latinoman said:
You misread my post.

The Gray Hair is cool. I simply mentioned to illustrate that many of them (in their 50s and 60s) had the HUGE (P. Diddy type) diamond earring...

And literally all of them were white.

They did NOT look cool.

It is the equivalent of overweight/soft/geeks wearing a bunch of tattoos pretending to look like bad boys.

Some looks simply do NOT work with everyone. A man cannot try to look hipster or "bad boy" if he truly lacks the characteristics that can make him look hipster or "bad boy".

That's my point.

Gray hair part was just a descriptor. Nothing wrong with gray hair.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
OK it's cool... I know the types you speak and I agree they look like clowns and wonder if they really know how they look to others but they have the right to look like sh*t if they choose but maybe in time they will realize that they just don't vibe the youthful look anymore and give it up.

LoneSilver

Thanks.

Note: I have extremely dark hair. Very dark. But I will go in record and say that once my hair start turning gray...that's the way I will keep it too. Nothing wrong with gray at all.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Note: I have extremely dark hair. Very dark.....
You don't say!..... Lationman. I was thinking you'd be a blond :)

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:

LoneSilver
I agree, but there are those older guys who really wear it well, because they always were that way, in jail, fighting selling dope and the like, they look good with ear rings.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you loud & clear. It's one thing to look cool in a mature sort of way, and another to make a jackass out of yourself by trying to imitate teenage putzes.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
englishman said:
I agree, but there are those older guys who really wear it well, because they always were that way, in jail, fighting selling dope and the like, they look good with ear rings.
I agree.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats cool and I bet you'll wear it well my friend.

I started graying in my early 20's and it has progressed ever since it's been a part of me for years and the babes like it and if I start loosing my hair I'll shave my head.

LoneSilver:up:

Latinoman said:
Thanks.

Note: I have extremely dark hair. Very dark. But I will go in record and say that once my hair start turning gray...that's the way I will keep it too. Nothing wrong with gray at all.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely I agree :up:

LoneSilver

englishman said:

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of an ear ring but maybe a beret like Samuel L. Jackson wears. Except I don't get endorsements by Kangol. Grey hair is a European thing as in Northern European.

You see some guys, after years of being told by their wife, kids etc, that they are not cool, stop bothering with critical appraisals, because, since they are all negative, they don't help.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed looking at women, and I just don't spend that much time looking at guys, especially old fat guys with earings... am I missing something here? Is looking at old fat guys like a new gay trend or something?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
Gee dude I thought better of you until this post. You sound like an ol' fat housewife jealous of her ex-husband living his life the way he wants instead of him listening to what social norms tell each of us how we should present ourselves to others.

I agree with him. This is the same as the moms and dads who go out of their way to be "cool" by trying to mimic their kids' slang. It looks pathetic and try hard when you go that far out of your way to fit in and be someone you are not to get the approval of others.

If they want to wear earrings or anything else, which are pretty much worn on the basis of positive judgements from others, then they should accept the negative judgements as well. A guy like this is rarely going "against social norms" in some big stand against the man. He's trying to be cool and be approved of.

LoneSilver said:
Actually, I would have gave an example of our war hero's as what is a cool example. Those who have fought for our freedoms to even post our opinion here and to be able to dress and do as we please as long as it's not breaking a capital law. Then you have entered manhood.
Get over this schtick. The last soldiers to fight where our freedoms were anywhere near in jeopardy are in their 80s and 90s now.

What we have today is pure propaganda. No one is trying to take freedom from us.

This is where the lame disclaimer has to come in to avoid ludicrousy: i appreciate soldiers being there in case we need them but to pat yourself on the back for doing something you're not is just dumb.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
...What we have today is pure propaganda. No one is trying to take freedom from us...
ok, I get it now, 9/11 was really about some people trying to give us more freedom, not take it away, right? I'm just not sure what freedom they were giving us. Let's see, freedom from earth's gravity?