Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Astrology as a daily guide

Where you at?

• I am able to read a horoscope and know what it says about what's going to happen.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I only read it for intertainment, I can not say that horoscope is able to predict my day.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I don't believe in horoscope. It's never right.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Does anybody else find astrology to be so well tuned as to be able to give you an idea about the day ahead?

The more I improve myself, the more I focus on myself, the more I understand what I read in the horoscope. It's not even a "sure it gets some things right" thing anymore, it says exactly what's going to happen. You just need to listen to it. Remember DD's communication model. A horoscope is much the same, it speaks to your inner self. The more you "intune with yourself, or whatever" the better it speaks to you, and better you understand it.

Answers I need for the day, I go on www.astrology.com and find it in my dail horoscope, be it daily, extended, singles, couples, flirt, or quickie. I read, and I know what's going to happen.

Amazing stuff!

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes it's uncanny.

But, you have to know, or at least keep in mind, that astrology seems "magical" because it is comprised of vague generalizations.

In fact, it's LEADING mixed with some framing. You are "seduced" by astrology because it plants a little idea in your head, and when something happens that supports what your horoscope says, you automatically go "OMG! WEIRD! ASTROLOGY IS AWESOME!" And, more often than not, the "advice" is always positive or at least neutral.

For example:

Horroscope: You'll have a good day today.

Life: You get out of work 10 minutes early.

Oh MY gawD! WEIRD! ASTROLOGY IS AWESOME!

Follow?

Don't go living your life based on astrology.

Besides, it's just emotional soap opera crap for chicks. "Tune in tomorrow for... *duhn-duhn-duhhHHH!!* tomorrow's horroscope!"

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Horroscope: You'll have a good day today.

Life: You get out of work 10 minutes early.

Yes! That's where I used to be with astrology, because it wasn't good for anything else. My intellect led me to think of it the same way you think of it. However, as I got more in tune with myself, or what ever you call that, I began to understand a horoscope better. Now, reading a horoscope is not like you mentioned above, now, and for me, it actually speaks much more and in terms of what is going on with me right now.

Picture DD's communication model. Before, horoscope used to speak to me directly into my face. Now, it goes beyond that and right to where I understand it much better.

I should also mention that the quality of horoscope is imprtant too. My Sydney Omar's paper scope isn't that good at all. But in above post there is a link, and it's the best one I know of so far. I read Daily, Extended, Singles, Couples, Flirt, and Quickie, and tarrots, several horoscopes targted at different perspectives of my day.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, dont be a fool.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I researched Astrology for about 5 years for my own entertainment. The horoscopes in the paper and magazines suck. However...birth charts are extremely accurate and compatibility charts between two people done properly can describe a relationship between two people so accurately that it's pretty shocking. I used to do charts and compatibility. The newspaper only covers your Sun Sign. You also have a sign for every planet, the moon and an ascendant. You also have a Chiron sign (a huge ass asteroid). Charts that include Chiron are the most accurate.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I researched astrology for about 5 minutes and that was all it took to conclude it was a load of hooey. Birth charts too.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
See, here is my other point I'm trying to bring across in this post. Believing in astrology is like believing in macking. You either a player, or you're an AFC. No offence to anyone in particular.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read it for 3 years in a row almost everyday, but I stopped around a year ago. Although in those 3 years, they were SCARILY accurate and thats why I kept reading.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't done the daily horoscope in ages but I keep track of cyclic phases that span for weeks or even months. Numerology is pretty cool too.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
I researched astrology for about 5 minutes and that was all it took to conclude it was a load of hooey. Birth charts too.
In my studies I noticed a specific transit that happens once in a person's life that causes a major disruption and change over a period of a few years. It seems to really affect marriages because every person who went through that particular transit while married got divorced over that time...and I did A LOT of charts. There were probably 25 people who went through that transit and every last one got divorced before the transit ended. I probably did over 100 compatibility readings and they were all very accurate. The birth charts were very accurate too. I know there's no scientific proof...but it's so accurate that it's really uncanny. Charts are more specific than daily horoscopes as well. Each planet represents a part of personality/area of life and each sign has different strengths and weaknesses and traits. It's very interesting stuff.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
A few snips from my own chart:

Very fun-loving, spirited and energetic, you have a huge reservoir of physical energy within you that needs to be released. As such, exercise or sports are very important to you. Quite gregarious, you enjoy being with other people, but you tend to avoid emotionally restrictive or intimate relationships.

You are known for being idealistic, generous, sociable, cheerful and very positive.

High-spirited and courageous, you are a fighter when your emotions are aroused. The degree of force and drive that you can bring to any effort sometimes surprises others. You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli and tend to "let it all hang out."

Very independent, with an extremely strong and forceful personality.

Your mind is very curious and inquisitive, always seeking information on a wide variety of topics. The broader the subject matter (philosophy, science, religion, metaphysics), the more it will appeal to you. You prefer to deal with abstractions. You are known for being blunt, honest and truthful.

You tend to keep your feelings under control -- emotions are only released in serious or important situations. You are distrustful of others whose behavior could be judged excessive or immoderate.

Extremely ambitious, you are willing to work very hard to reach the goals you have set for yourself. Very practical, cautious and conservative, you demand tangible results for your efforts. You need to excel in whatever you do, and you have the required sense of responsibility, dedication and self-discipline to bring it about.

You have a logical, detached, objective view of most things. Your interests are wide-ranging and you are an avid student, with expertise in many different areas. You love to work things out in your mind -- everything you do is reduced to an exercise in logic and reason. You have the ability to grasp abstractions and to deal successfully with the larger issues of life. Your overemphasis on developing your powerful intellect can cause your emotional and intuitive abilities to atrophy unless you consciously choose to exercise them.

You will consciously seek out many different contacts with others throughout your life. Many of these will be of very short duration, not necessarily because you're fickle, but just because you always seem to be more excited by the prospect of meeting someone new rather than prolonging your present relationships. At any rate, you will learn something new from almost everyone you come across -- intellectual stimulation is what you crave from others. You will be well known to neighbors and relatives, partly due to your curiosity about what they're doing -- you delight in keeping up-to-date about the latest news.

This is very accurate in describing what I am like.

If anyone else is curious what it says about them I need to know your full birth date and the town, state and country of your birth...and exact time if you know it.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And that amazingly specific ass-kissery will apply to anyone born in the same maternity ward at the same time? Freaky! But I guess it's so obvious when you take into account asteroids and stuff.

Funny how the charts never reveal 'You are quite a gullible, shallow person, looking for answers in all the wrong places. Please send another $50 to find out more!'

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I guess it's so obvious when you take into account asteroids and stuff.
You've just inspired me - I think I'll start a new type of accurate horroscope. Your personality, luck, charm, romance, and all that other good stuff will be based on the positions of old satellites floating around in the junk orbit, and all the gloves, wrenches, and other crap astronauts have lost in space. I'll make a fortune!

Bad_Lil'Pixie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, it's all bunk, every bit of it. Fortunes, horoscopes, etc., used to be written with words that can be used broadly and/or metaphorically, I imagine they still are.

It boils down to my spiritual feeling of being in control of my life, my emotions, my direction, etc... I won't have a bad day or a good day because a chart or star or graph is saying I will. My day is before me to be shaped and molded as I SEE FIT and I will be responsible if I screw it up.

I would challenge you this: Take one of those sources, a crystal ball, red ruby slippers, whatever people use and read it to a friend who is a true believer in the bunk. Don't read them theirs, read them one on the opposite side of the scale, then sit back and watch it come true. We make happen what we want to make happen.

No, I will stick to paving my own way and not what someone jotted down or scoped out for me.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
And that amazingly specific ass-kissery will apply to anyone born in the same maternity ward at the same time? Freaky! But I guess it's so obvious when you take into account asteroids and stuff.

Funny how the charts never reveal 'You are quite a gullible, shallow person, looking for answers in all the wrong places. Please send another $50 to find out more!'
Anyone who pays someone to do a chart is a moron. I never charged anyone...I always did them for free. I was interested in the subject so I checked books out of the library. I found one really great book that I later found in a used book store for $3 and I bought it. My total investment in Astrology has been $3. No one should EVER pay...ever, ever, ever.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Astrology is not and has never been something you "follow" or "plan" your life around. People who think that are ignorant of what astrology is. Astrology can provide insight into personality and how you interact with others. The only "prediction" aspect of astrology involves transits. For instance...Mercury is the planet that represents communication. If a person's Mecury and Mars are in a negative transit position it would imply that you would be more likely to get into arguments over that period of time, because Mars represents assertiveness and fighting style. It it were a positive transit it would indicate that you would be more likely to have an easier time than usual being assertive in your communications with others in a positive way.

Ironically...it is a very complicated thing to study and really understand. You have to be decent at math as well.

Ll Principe

Don Juan
Reaction score
It puts people in jobs:D

Some of it makes sense but I guess if you read it everyday, if you do your stats you are bound to make A HIT once in a while.

A HIT: When the astrologer is able to convince you on that particular day that you will do so and so.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is one of those things that you can't convince people to believe in, they just have to ripen to it by them selfes. People are used to one particular way of thinking, and it prevents them from making progress, and discovering new possibilities.

If I tell you right now that it works right every time, it will have same effect on you as if I told you that you ruin your chances with a woman if you are nice to her all the time, back in your AFC days.

In Slvtland horoscopes are real.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I picked A :I am able to read a horoscope and know what it says about what's going to happen.

I picked A because I know what it says about whats going to happen. If my horoscope says anything at all I KNOW to look for it. That means I have something to look forward to, and can easily talk about if it ever does.

Do you have any idea how many people read their horoscopes?

Do you have any idea how many of them think its stupid, but still read it? I'd put the number of skeptics above 50%, but they still read em, why?

I picked A not because I'm a dumbass, but because I go out and talk to people, I read current events, and I can talk about what I want to talk about, and I can talk about what you want to talk about. Give and take, share, and socialize, thats what this site is about, thats what every freaking forum is about, sharing ideas... hehe.

I picked A, you should too. Join the A team!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Okay...which critic of astrology is going to give their birthdate and place of birth for me to run a quick chart for them? You can PM the info if you don't want to post it...time of birth is good too...but isn't necessary to do a chart. Your ascendant sign probably will be wrong (first paragraph of results), but the rest won't be affected. Who wants to be a guinea pig?