Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Real Cause of the Pussified Modern Man?

treefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
There has been a lot of discussion on why men today are so afc/sissy etc. The main potential causes people have put forth are....

1 Feminized media that show men as afc's

2 Single mother households where many of todays men are being raised by women.

I have recently done some digging around in research papers and thinking to myself about these possible causes and I believe I have good reason question the two potential causes up above.

1 The media. Most men 18-35 I have come across watch mostly manly stuff like (war movies, sports, fighting movies, scary movies, sports, war history shows, did I mention sports?). Seriously, how many 18-35 men have you guys met that actually watch greys anatomy on a regular basis?

Also note that the vast majority of male gamers are playing games like halo or other such shooters or other such aggressive games.

I don't see guys curling up with a box of kleenex to watch the notebook.

And most of those guys that watch all the manly stuff are just as afc as the rare guy that does watch girly stuff.

2 Single mothers. i did some digging around in research journals and found out some VERY interesting things. For instance...

Around 20 percent of all mexican households are single mother households where a single mom is raising kids alone. Are mexican men pussified? I think not.

Around 1/4 of all russian households are single mother households where a single mom is raising kids alone. Are russian men pussified? I think not. Russian dudes are pretty badass.

According to wikipedia around 30 percent of all US households are single mother households. That number isn't much higher than the two above.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, foreigners get much the same media as us Americans. Sex in the City is one of the most watched shows in both russia and brazil. As is desperate housewives. The US dominates much of foreign media when it comes to entertainment. Go to russia, go to brazil, go to india and the kids will know who big bird is. Sesame street is a global show. The point is that the world gets much the same big name shows and media as the US does. They get all of our movies. Hell you can see the movie titanic in movie theaters in peru.

So this idea that the media is doing it seems weird when the rest of the world gets much the same media and sees the same movies. Go to latvia, or chile, or taiwan and I bet many women will still know who paris hilton is, I bet they will still know who the *****cat dolls are.

And this idea that single motherhood is doing it seems weird when much of the world has, and has had for a long time, the same problem.

I thought i would play devils advocate

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
treefingers said:
There has been a lot of discussion on why men today are so afc/sissy etc. The main potential causes people have put forth are....
Although I think both of your suggestions are valid and no doubt are contributing factors, I think the true reason is that American women can afford too.

Women here don't often have to worry about where their next meal is coming from. They can support themselves. They don't NEED a man to do this for them.

When you don't NEED something, you have to justify the WANT for it. That something is a luxury, and luxuries have to produce many perks that makes life fun, interesting, exciting or easier.

It's like an ice maker on the front of your fridge. It's cool! It's handy! It keeps you from freezing your fingers off when friends come over for drinks. But do you NEED it? Of course not. It's a perk.

Women look at men like an ice maker. It's cool to have a boyfriend! It's often handy to have a boyfriend...but if a younger/smarter/richer/taller/sexier/more powerful model comes on the market then they demand the present model steps up and preforms better.

This is what has caused the pussification of the American Male. Women no longer need you for survival. The only way they think you can prove your worth is becoming a pet. This is the basic Fem-Nazi mid set.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent topic.

I ran the [somewhat related] poll the other day because I was interested in which media source everyone here thought was the majority "reinforcer" of AFCism. But the origin of being AFC, the factors that create/establish the mindset in the first place, is a very distant relative to what may or may not reinforce it every day.

You brought up two potentially contributing categories (sons of single mothers) and the group of 18-35yr guys that have primary media inputs of non-wussified programming (ie macho TV, movies, video games, etc.)

I'd like to comment on the later first. You are right, they are just as AFC even though they might have spent 10yrs of their life watching movies like T2 and playing games like Halo, Quake, etc. Yet I think that is part of your answer. They are spending all this important guy time in front of a tube instead of getting out there sarging babes, learning its okay to be rejected and of course learning about attraction, which ones are negative invesments of our time etc. In a way, they're destined to be AFC because they're not spending part of their time around women and they're not spending that time investing in themselves. And all the while, the AFC reinforcing programming is being sublty received whether it's a macho movie (where the *macho* dudes are still often portrayed in a AFC manner around the female characters). Or watching sports which are intertwined with commercials which are very wisely targeted right at that age group and their mindset.

Your first group was sons of single mothers. I will be honest, I was fortunate enough to be raised in a environment with both parents (and they're stll together 40+ years later). So I don't think I can comment on that.

However, there is another contributing group (and perhaps the majority) - sons who grew up with both parents in the home! I would argue they they are just as likely to start life with and AFC mindset. Why? Because many of us spent our entire childhood watching our fathers being AFC and being programmed to believe that its just the way it is.

And then that first AW or cluster-B wack job comes along and literally knocks us out of the matrix and we realize the way we grew up was not the way we would want to raise our own children. If I have a son (or a daughter) they will never witness their father being AFC. Hopefully they will enjoy playing sports instead of just watching them because the TV in my house isn't even plugged in. And I'll do my best to make sure they has every opportunity to experience life firsthand instead of via a video game. And he w'll get a much different talk about women than I did :)

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around 20 percent of all mexican households are single mother households where a single mom is raising kids alone. Are mexican men pussified? I think not.

Around 1/4 of all russian households are single mother households where a single mom is raising kids alone. Are russian men pussified? I think not. Russian dudes are pretty badass.

According to wikipedia around 30 percent of all US households are single mother households. That number isn't much higher than the two above.
HUGE difference in the sense that Mexican and Russian women feel that women have a role in society and men has a different role in society.

I remember my mother and grandmother encouraging me to act like a man (when I was not even 10 years old). That boys like girls! And that I should "not cry like a little girl". Of course, old school latino women think that men should act like men. Same goes with Russians.

We cannot say the same of the women born or raised in the U.S. (black, Latinas, or white, or Asian).

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and in case you didn't know, foreigners get much the same media as us Americans. Sex in the City is one of the most watched shows in both russia and brazil. As is desperate housewives. The US dominates much of foreign media when it comes to entertainment. Go to russia, go to brazil, go to india and the kids will know who big bird is. Sesame street is a global show. The point is that the world gets much the same big name shows and media as the US does. They get all of our movies. Hell you can see the movie titanic in movie theaters in peru.
A woman from Peru, Russia, Brazil, or India disrespects her man...she could end up beaten (something that I personally don't like). And because most of the good paying jobs are held by men...women do DEPEND on men.

In the U.S. women can do whatever they want...and they are well protected by society and the laws. Furthermore, in the U.S. women do not have to depend economically of men.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't put the blame on mothers, fathers have a hand in determining how they influence their son or the lack of it.They can be somewhat of a blame, but if you're still living at home with your parents at the age of 25 and STILL blame your mom, dude, Blame your self. You can be angry at them, but blaming them entirely when you could've started looking for a full time job at the age of 17/18 (saving a year's worth of rent) and getting the hell out to make a man of yourself gives you platinum balls.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
This is what has caused the pussification of the American Male.Women no longer need you for survival.
Tommy rot.

Chicks are pretty much socially worthless without desire from a man/men.

For survival ? Of course not but thats neither here nor there. Who cares about survival when there is a much more important thing for chicks to worry about, social survival.

No the real cause? It's not rocket science, no chartwork required or mapping which T.V show is the more faggoty.

When men started listening to what women have to SAY. It's that simple.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a much easier life for men in the west. Try growing up in any of those countries and it will make you a man. Put it this way, if a girl rejects you you won't have your "feelings" hurt. lol

S.S.N. 318

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
Excellent topic.

If I have a son (or a daughter) they will never witness their father being AFC. Hopefully they will enjoy playing sports instead of just watching them because the TV in my house isn't even plugged in. And I'll do my best to make sure they has every opportunity to experience life firsthand instead of via a video game. And he w'll get a much different talk about women than I did :)
^^same here. By that time, my life will be excellent and Taking tripz to tha Islandz (and around da world..). Enjoying life and passin on tha knowlege 2 da youth...word up...

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
When we say cause of the pussified modern man, so this has to be started at some point. Pussified modern man is an AFC, i think that we all agree this.

Two question we should ask:
1) What started the AFC? (if something really did)
2) What is it that's keeping it alive? (media, women, literature, art?)

This is behavior that at some point has been learned and stored into your conscious mind. Now don't you think that men have acted AFC in the early times, when the civilizations started or when there were no civilizations.

Now a cause could be the Industrial Revolution, which brought all these luxuries into our lives and took the time and attention of our (fore)fathers in the work. Father and Son wouldn't spend enough time with eachother, and the raising and teaching was done through the mother.

Now a lot of the people talk about the good old times, when the men acted like men, and there were no AFC. Most of this information is through Media (movies), and this can't give you a real indication how they acted. There can only be stated that the role of the actors changed the past 20 years into a more AFC state.

I grow up without a father, spend my youth a lot playing videogames, watching tv and playing soccer. So the perfect situation to become an AFC you would say, and i did. Now somewhere around my 19th birthday i became aware of this, and started to work on myself. Now if the fact that i grew up without a father contributed to this i don't know. But let me tell you this, I would rather grow up without a father, then with an AFC father!

Last weeks i have been digging into my mind, to become aware why i acted like i did. I would say that not taking RESPONSIBILITY for my actions, letting other people DICTATE your life and the lack of SEXUAL CONFIDENCE were the real causes.

Is here anyone who can say that he never has acted AFC in his life?

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its because of the progress of the women's movement. Femininity attacked masculinity, and masculinity has done little to turn the tide.

Women are the new men.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good question, but can you handle the truth?

treefingers, this is a topic which I too have looked into extensively. And you are absolutely right, the media is a big part of it.

Now, this may sound a little conspiracy-theory-ish, but based on the evidence I have seen I have come to the conclusion that this pussified western man phenomina is due to:

1)The West struggled and gained dominion over the world. We were on top. Then, like a rich kid who's parents went through hell to get rich, but who has never struggled himself, we became spoiled and soft. There was nothing to challenge us, to harden us, to make us MEN. This lead us to the next problem, which is....

2)A deliberate campaign by the government and media to exacerbate this wimpiness, ESPEICALLY with white males. The reason is the government is intent on mixing everyone, they want a mixed-race mass, this is their solution to the whitey problem. You see, Whitey is very stubborn, and not content to be fleeced and herded quite as much as many of the other people's of the Earth. Whitey likes freedom, honor, a good standard of living, etc. and this is a problem for the world controllers. They would like us all to be nice little serfs and shut up, work, consume, and live in our slums. This is the way it is in most of the 3rd world, only the White, western man was the troublesome one.

Since White males would not be easily beaten with guns and bombs, the media deliberately targets them with subliminal "be a whimp" messages. It's a phsychological war. This can take the form of crybaby music like "she's beautiful" (don't know band) and "rape me" (nirvana), - in genernal this whole hippy garbage which was started in the 60's and then rehashed and served up again as the emo-grunge-faggot sh*t in the early 90's. Or it could take the form of portraying white men as pussies (or bad guys, ignorant) in movies, TV, etc. while the Black man (or Indian, etc.) is the tough guy, wise, or innocent victim.

Now look at the other side of the issue. The black man gets his gangsta rap, and tough guy image promoted everywhere in the media. The media tells us that Blacks are better athletes, better dancers, better lovers, etc etc. This is DELIBERATE my friend, make no mistake. And it's a lie, the Russians now dominating boxing are good example - we were told for years White men can't fight. But guess what, Russian White men weren't brainwashed like that were they? You can see the result.

So there is your answer, it's basically a way of eliminating Whitey by whimping him down so he will either not have children or shut the hell up, keep his head down, and allow his daughters to breed with leroy. Keep looking at the evidence, you will see I'm right. Not so politically correct but you asked for it!

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaron B said:
Its because of the progress of the women's movement. Femininity attacked masculinity, and masculinity has done little to turn the tide.

Women are the new men.
yes but feminism would have never gained ground were it not for the MEN THAT ALLOWED IT TO AND PROMOTED IT. women don't do anything unless they're allowed to by men. to think otherwise is to be foolish and not aware of reality.

feminism it is enforced by law (I.E. by the men who run the west today). to stand up too strongly against it could mean loss of employment, jail time, etc. examples: i am a cop and i express my opinion at work that women do not make the best peace officers in general. i get fired for being sexist. my girlfriend is being a total b*tch and gets way out of line. so we get in an argument, she slaps me and i slap her back and put her in her place. i go to jail. see? the government (men) are backing them.

as a continuation of my post to treefingers, this is merely another way of attacking the white race (reducing it's numbers by causing strife between white men and women, thus more divorce, less marriages, less children).

sounds crazy i know, but i have studied this cultural war against my people for years and when you look at all the puzzle peices you can see where feminism fits in.

yeah, it's now be foisted upon every race in america i realize that, so it's no longer just whitey getting hurt by it, but it was originally promoted as a weapon to destroy my people back in the 60's.
the bomb was dropped on us, but other races are just now getting hit by the shrapnel.

bobafet

Reaction score
I recently looked back at my childhood, when I was younger my dad and I were close, as I got older he provided for me and loved me but he (how shall I explain this) wasn't there to teach me how to be a man. He cheated on my mother at a young age and I told myself that I would never be like him, I would figure it out on my own, I bought into all that crap society teaches you and became really close to my mom. Now I love my mother to death but a guy needs to be raised by a guy and needs to learn how to be a man.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Faca said:
Now a cause could be the Industrial Revolution, which brought all these luxuries into our lives and took the time and attention of our (fore)fathers in the work. Father and Son wouldn't spend enough time with eachother, and the raising and teaching was done through the mother.
That is a HUGE one. Good catch.

Faca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't live in the States, currently in an Western European Country, and born in an Eastern European country, where i spend the first seven years of my life. That said, now the the issue.

" Russian's are very disciplined and are great fighters "
" The French and Italian are great lovers "
" The Englishmen are rude and violent "
" People from Belgium are stupid "
" The Dutch are greedy "

...and the list goes on! Now you get my point this all are GENERALIZATIONS. The same with black people in United States, on the tv here, i also see that they either portrayed as:
1) Criminals
2) Great Athletes, Musicians etc

The problem with the Media is that even if you don't believe it; It gets into your subconscious mind, and you start to think it's true. Now that the goverments use psychological games etc. i dont doubt that, but you might be reading too much into this conspiracy.

My opinion is that the HISTORY is just repeating itself, the universe is Intelligent design, and nothing was created because of coincidence. I have to say that the biggest lie to you told there is that the evolution exsists! When i was younger i believed it, but grew up and did some research (read things etc). Even if Darwin still was alive, he wouldn't have found anything that prooves his theories.

Now overall in the History there where times like these, Ancient Greece, Romans, Renaissance etc. The only problem with now is, that the people are easier influenced! Now they can condition our brain from the very start on a large scale through the media. And the problem with Europe these days is that is going too much in the direction of USA. Now a history teachter used to tell me this: The only thing that can be learned from the history is, that of every SuperPower will come an end!

Now this all is just the flow of things, as if the pussified man.. He's not pure, aligned with nature, true to his real potential. And we can't change this on a large scale. I say start with your brothers, people that are close to you.. that still live in that shytty world! Or better START with YOURSELF!

"Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see us squandering it. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
yes but feminism would have never gained ground were it not for the MEN THAT ALLOWED IT TO AND PROMOTED IT. women don't do anything unless they're allowed to by men. to think otherwise is to be foolish and not aware of reality.
I agree with this 100%

But it in no way changes the truth of my earlier statement.

Men did nothing in the face of feminism and thats why things are the way they are.

Fortunately there are still traditional women out there who will respond to a real man and allow him to be the boss (my wife is one example).

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaron B said:
I agree with this 100%

But it in no way changes the truth of my earlier statement.

Men did nothing in the face of feminism and thats why things are the way they are.

Fortunately there are still traditional women out there who will respond to a real man and allow him to be the boss (my wife is one example).
we are both right.

here's what happened: white men became soft. yes, this happened FIRST AND FOREMOST. so in essense, you are absolutely right, this is THE CORE PROBLEM.

when whitey became weak, jews took advantage of this and promoted feminism to further weaken him. by "promote" i mean make the norm by their control of the media (and thus popular culture and thus voting attitudes and thus democracy itself).

actually, feminism is merely one aspect of the cultural war they are waging against the white race. they also use many other tools such as homosexuality, miscegination, and the promotion of so-called "liberalism".

the aim of the cultural war is to tear down whitey's identity and family values. once that has happened, it's much easier to mix him into to the rootless, raceless, cosmopolitan mob that the world controllers can exploit easily. it's an insane plan, but these people *are* insane. i mean, they don't care about higher ideas, honor, the quest for knowledge. they don't even care about the environment of the planet itself, all that matters is money and power.

this is a long involved subject which requires qutie a bit of study and consideration for anyone to be convinced. i don't expect anyone here to believe this without first looking into it themselves.

but the evidence is out there for those who seek it.

thirtyplus

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
I heard men r wuissies in Italy too.
Where did you hear this?

I have spent time in Italy. The men there are far from being "wussies". Because of the nature of the economy in big cities, many of them can afford to be well-fed and a bit posh with cushy luxurious business jobs. But that is no different from here.

In the south, in rural areas, many are poorer, but you will find men as tough as nails. Just like here.

There is NOTHING wussified about how males in Italy treat females....wolf whistling or cat calling "bella bella" to any pretty girl that walks by. No fear of sexual harassment lawsuits there. It's like a different world.

Also have you ever seen a man walk his girlfriend down the street in the U.S. with his hand resting possessively on the back of her neck?

I think not. Happens all the time in Italy. And the women LIKE IT.

The men there start mackin at a very young age. First girlfriend at 14 is very common and they are hooking up (having sex) upstairs in their room while still living in their parents house. Then they both come downstairs together and eat dinner with the family. The parents know what's going on and don't care, they did it too.

Average age of first sexual experience at 14 for males and you think they don't know how to mack at 25 or any age? Come on.

Like I said, a different world, I'd recommend you go visit or get a better source before you spout off about it.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm convinced it's more environmental (female hormones in food, countless unfamiliar toxic chemicals that mess with our hormones, etc.) than psychological. Hell, in some rivers few salmon are being born male, and many are hermaphroditic. As nature goes, so goes man...

I think these psychological explanations are largely putting the cart before the horse.